• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

Roubjon

What songs are included in the DLC? Can't really check the link right now myself.

Here are some details from the Youtube Reveal:

▶ Price: 14,800 WON
▶ Music : TRILOGY 20 songs, RESPECT 1 New Original Song
▶ Bonus: TRILOGY GEAR SKIN, TRILOGY UI SKIN

[MUSIC LIST]
바람의 기억 (Memory of the Wind), Catch You, Mind Control, My Jealousy
NB Girls, Someday, STOP, Streetlight, Talk! Talk!, The One
Ventilator, ZET, For Seasons ~Air Guitar Mix~
A Lie ~Deep Inside Mix~, Bye Bye Love ~Nu Jazz Mix~
Get Out ~Hip Noodle Mix~, sO mUCH iN LUV ~Melodic Twisted Mix~
Syriana ~Blast Wave Mix~, Yo Creo Que Si ~Live House Version~
Your Own Miracle ~Disco House Mix~

Skittles

Nice, the DLC comes with its own set of missions. One of them is pretty fucked up, the game gets progressively more pixelated as you play. Also, the main menu skin is pretty fucking cool

Glas

OK how much in HKD does the DLC cost? Need to get a point card!

14,900 krw translates to 100 HKD or 13 USD, considering psn cards are in 80, 200, 300, 500 and 750 HKD, you might need 2x80 or 200. but I would advice to wait unitl the DLC is actually released to know the true price.

So this probably already exists but can somebody do a foolproof step by step guide to setting up an Asian PSN account and being able to
purchase this DLC when it drops? :)

There's a entire guide on the Wiki
http://bit.ly/DJMAXRespectWiki

"Where to buy" Tab

49 missions and so nearly 50 but I broke right at the end of the last song on mission 10.1. Bah! I'll get it soon. Some luck with the random MX mission would be useful. Oh and maybe I'm a masochist but I'd quite like to see XB mode as an actual option...

Just downloading a 4GB patch. Some kind of functionality for the DLC I guess?

EDIT: That's exactly what it is.

- Trilogy songs now have their own tab in Freestyle mode where you can hear a song preview, and be taken to the store to buy the pack. Loads of MX charts!

- Mission mode now makes you select either Original or Expansion missions (the latter of which again takes you to the store)

- When you choose a song, there's a new fade in effect between the load screen and the start of the song

Logged into my HK account and forgot I still had credit! Just picked up the DLC and will dive in once the update finishes.

I'll blame my weeks of not playing on mission mode, lol. So tough.

Edit: Mind Control on 5B Hard probably wasn't the best choice for warming up, lol. Tough song, stamina wise on your fingers but I really enjoyed it.

Pretty decent price for 21 songs, I was expecting them to cost more. I know I can get my £10 back in gameplay pretty quick. Glad to hear more missions were added, I'm going to enjoy trying in vain to clear them!

Roubjon

Just bought it! Looking forward to playing a bit tonight and a bunch tomorrow. Cheaper than I thought too! I had enough left over from buying the game originally.

Deft Beck

Memory of Wind is indeed a sequel to Portable 1's Ask to Wind.

EDIT: Ah, it's from Trilogy.

Which is the new song?

EDIT 2: Ah, "The One".

Just finished playing for a few. Quick screenshots of the new missions:

y7sc6.jpg

You can beat these new missions and unlock new ones from the old list. So if you we're stuck at a point on the old set, this definitely helps.

That one set though..."Boss Match"..LOL ok.

There are 7 new trophies, btw.

Love these kind of notes.
FriendlyEarlyHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

Didn't expect them to add new trophies as well... Looking at the new trophies, they don't sound too bad in theory. Well I guess that depends how hard a couple of the songs are I guess!

Also, do the stats (like score, max combos etc.) count toward to main goals in the game - i.e. does max combo'ing a trilogy song add to the 500 song target you need for the gold trophy in the base game?

MattAces

Was considering skipping this DLC since I'm extremely low on budget, not a huge fan of Trilogy.
But that ONE new Respect song from the launch trailer is so good, I'm in.

Glas

Memory of Wind is indeed a sequel to Portable 1's Ask to Wind.

EDIT: Ah, it's from Trilogy.

Which is the new song?

EDIT 2: Ah, "The One".
The one is a old trilogy song

new song is "Nevermind" by Paul Bazooka, which is also the song used on DJMAX Respect Trailer

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I was tempted by this anyway but knowing that there are additional missions and trophies makes it even more appealing. I'm assuming that the Metro Project DLC will probably cost the same amount, so if I get a 200 HKD card I should be all set?

i was surprised to see that SOMEDAY got a trophy. Thats my favourite DJMax Song, and that was a nice surprise.

Trilogy Pack of songs is pretty solid imo, anyone know when the next pack is out?

MattAces

i was surprised to see that SOMEDAY got a trophy. Thats my favourite DJMax Song, and that was a nice surprise.

Trilogy Pack of songs is pretty solid imo, anyone know when the next pack is out?

December.

Anyway the new Respect song is insanely good. The gameplay is good too. I've played that song at least 20 times now.

I was tempted by this anyway but knowing that there are additional missions and trophies makes it even more appealing. I'm assuming that the Metro Project DLC will probably cost the same amount, so if I get a 200 HKD card I should be all set?
This DLC is 20 songs, Metro Project stuff is gonna be around 80 so I would be shocked if the cost was still as low as this one!

MudoSkills

This DLC is 20 songs, Metro Project stuff is gonna be around 80 so I would be shocked if the cost was still as low as this one!

Where has this come from? I assumed it would be a selection of songs like this one was.

It's years since I played Trilogy but this isn't all the new songs they made for it is it? Like MattAces said, there was a 'Megatonic Mix' of Every Morning and Squeeze.

Yeah good point, I was counting repeats, maybe more like 50 songs. As far as I know it'll be all the stuff that was new in Clazz and BS though.

EDIT: I make it 63 songs from Clazz and BS. Presumably well get them all...that's the impression I got anyway, like with Portable 1 and 2 (sans Dreadnaught...)

MudoSkills

I'd assume multiple packs maybe? In which case I'll use the remaining credit to get whichever one has Ready Now in it first.

£30 or thereabouts seems a lot to drop on a single expansion (if they keep the pricing in line).

The next pack will have around 80 songs? Sounds delightful :)

Anyway, I've given the DLC a quick try, definitely liking some of these remix songs, very fun to play. For anyone like me still chasing trophies on the base game - good news is anything you do in this game counts toward those totals. So clearing new Trilogy songs with max combo's add toward the max combo trophies, clearing challenges count towards the challenge trophy. Heck, I somehow managed to clear the first AI mission in the trilogy pack and managed to get the vs AI trophy from the base game upon finishing the mission which I was pleased with.

Curse you Syriana ~Blast Wave Mix~... your S rank still eludes me! What's actually more annoying is that I managed 97% a couple of times, but can't get close to that again... the timing on that stage is really kicking my ass no matter the speed I use at the moment.

Oh well, I'll be playing this game for months/years to come so I'll just give it another try later.

Meanwhile, managed to make a little more progress with challenge mode. As mentioned above, that pixelated mission was a bit of a bastard, but hey at least the songs get easier as you progress further on it. It almost manages to dethrone Rayman Legends in terms of awesome levels almost ruined thanks to over-pixelation...

The mission tied to the trophy was pretty fun stuff as well. Managed to clear it on my second try, the first four songs are pretty ok, but Killer Bee really kicked my ass. Its pretty darn relentless, managed to somehow fumble my way through it though bringing me to a grand total of 21 missions cleared. That 30 is looking all the more doable. 50 though? Eh, maybe after a couple more DLC packs!

MudoSkills

Enjoying the DLC a lot, I forgot how good the Yo Creo Que Si remix is!

The T side missions are relatively easy, particularly the one against an AI - which is a total gimme compared to the mission in the base game. It was missing notes frequently, and even with a few mistakes I managed to win over 3 songs with a score difference of close to 60k.

The Max Boy mission, where the screen pixellates, is pretty hilarious.

The only trophies I have left for the DLC are getting an S rank on all songs (thanks Ventilator) and the one for seeing a secret BGA.

Roubjon

Yeah, the DLC is fun. I completed the first set of Missions and a couple in the next set. I'm definitely looking forward to the Metro DLC next though. More new songs and less remixes of songs!

Another update. Neowiz are doing a damn fine job with post-launch support!
▶ 1.07 Patch History
1. Fixed the inability to start the Genius mission.
2. Fixed BPM information of 'GET OUT ~ Hip Noodle Mix ~'.
3. Modified the song cover image. (A Lie ~ Deep Inside Mix ~)
4. Trophy acquisition conditions changed correctly. (Here Comes a New Skin ...!)
5. Fixed other minor bugs.
6. Fixed an abnormal termination of the fiver state.
7. Modified difficulty of pattern.
1) HAMSIN - 4 buttons Maximum
2) Your Own Miracle - 4 Button Hard
3) Talk! Talk! - 8 button Maximum
4) Syriana ~ Blast Wave Mix ~ - 8B MAXIMUM
5) Mind Control - 4 button Normal

Roubjon

It's crazy how fast they are at fixing issues. Also it seems like they just flat out added more charts? That rules.

Got all the Trilogy trophies earlier, only took like a day, pretty easy. Did 11/12 missions. Fuck THAT mission that requires 98% rate on a load of hard MX charts, talk about an outlier in terms of mission difficulty spike, jesus.

Roubjon

Got all the Trilogy trophies earlier, only took like a day, pretty easy. Did 11/12 missions. Fuck THAT mission that requires 98% rate on a load of hard MX charts, talk about an outlier in terms of mission difficulty spike, jesus.

I haven't tried that one yet, but I'm glad there is a difficult one in the mix.

MudoSkills

I still cant S rank Ventilator, and all the Missions on R side are killing me. I can play with fader on pretty fine, but for some reason fog really fucks me up.

Got the alt BGA to pop:
Stop, 5B normal chart, in Freestyle mode. It's the video they used for it in Black Square.

I'd guess it's random when you pick the song whether it plays or not.

I still cant S rank Ventilator, and all the Missions on R side are killing me. I can play with fader on pretty fine, but for some reason fog really fucks me up.

Got the alt BGA to pop:
Stop, 5B normal chart, in Freestyle mode. It's the video they used for it in Black Square.

I'd guess it's random when you pick the song whether it plays or not.

Thanks for the heads up on the hidden vid. Apart from the gold trophy that's the only one I'm short. Can't see me S ranking all the songs anytime soon either, couple are really tough for me to clear, let alone with an S rank!

Wake up, thread.

Finally got the 999,999 tonight. However...it seems I'm still missing one item from the gallery. I've definitely full comboed every song and cleared all of the objectives in Collection but I'm stuck on 299/300. Anybody have any ideas?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally getting around to playing the Trilogy DLC.

Songs are pretty lackluster overall. Some OK stuff, but these remixes are just not doing it for me.

That said, I'll keep on throwing money at the game because I love having more and more songs!

If anyone wants an invite for the music game Discord, let me or Yuuichi know. I'm about to go to bed and apparently PMs are limited to one per ten minutes so I may be slow to respond.

Top Bottom