• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

Roubjon

Just a quick question, not sure if anyone else is having this issue but is there a good way of increasing the volume of the lyrics (for the songs that have them at least), as I'm finding that the singing usually gets drowned out by the instrument sounds based on whatever notes I'm hitting. Its just a bit of a pity as I'd love to hear some of the songs more clearly in that respect.

Unfortunately no. Some of the songs are just poorly mixed, but I hope they fix the issue or even give us a volume slider in the future.

Unfortunately no. Some of the songs are just poorly mixed, but I hope they fix the issue or even give us a volume slider in the future.

Thought as much. Just wanted to check if there was a way round this as the soundtrack is otherwise excellent.

I've only cleared a couple with a combo over 5,000 - easiest one was probably the standard chart for NB Rangers Virgin Force in 5k mode.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to give that a shot when I improve my skills some more.

Guys, anyone knows what seems to be the issue? apparently there is a bug with patch 1.04 about combo being initialized?

https://www.facebook.com/DJMAXofficialsite/

It's their latest post but it is in Korean

the translation reads as follows:

"Since 1.04 patch, the combo has been initialized after the combo is initialized,
It was confirmed that there was a problem when you're working on a specific operation.

Please help us avoid damage to the interim response book until you fix it.

[TEMPORARY RESPONSE BOOK]
If the combo mode selection is shown in 0, the combo is displayed
When you push the home button, you'll be forced to play the game again.
The Combo is back in the circle.

I'm sorry to hear that you're too uncomfortable.
We'll fix it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry."

MachX7

Neo Member
I'm not sure what combo issue they mentioned on their Facebook page but I did notice a small bug since updating to version 1.04. It looks like the exp gained after a song is not longer displayed during the results screen. I noticed the exp bar not fill up and even though I got the notice that I hit level 32 it the progression bar still showed level 31 on the results screen.

Seems like a minor nitpick but I don't think this bug existed before 1.04. Can anyone else confirm?

Dineren

Banned
I'm not sure what combo issue they mentioned on their Facebook page but I did notice a small bug since updating to version 1.04. It looks like the exp gained after a song is not longer displayed during the results screen. I noticed the exp bar not fill up and even though I got the notice that I hit level 32 it the progression bar still showed level 31 on the results screen.

Seems like a minor nitpick but I don't think this bug existed before 1.04. Can anyone else confirm?

I have that same issue. It was working fine before I had installed the patch.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Guys, anyone knows what seems to be the issue? apparently there is a bug with patch 1.04 about combo being initialized?

https://www.facebook.com/DJMAXofficialsite/

It's their latest post but it is in Korean

the translation reads as follows:

"Since 1.04 patch, the combo has been initialized after the combo is initialized,
It was confirmed that there was a problem when you're working on a specific operation.

Please help us avoid damage to the interim response book until you fix it.

[TEMPORARY RESPONSE BOOK]
If the combo mode selection is shown in 0, the combo is displayed
When you push the home button, you'll be forced to play the game again.
The Combo is back in the circle.

I'm sorry to hear that you're too uncomfortable.
We'll fix it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry."

Well I don't know what the response is supposed to mean, but I wish I'd seen this before my 700k disappeared for no fucking reason.

Good times.

ceramics

Neo Member
I'm thinking of buying this from the Singapore PSN because I already have an account setup+the cards are slightly cheaper, but what I'm wondering is will there be any sort of sales tax doing that?

Its 67.90 SGD and if I bought a 20+50 PSN cards I wanna know if it's going to be more then 70 SGD after tax or something.

MattAces

I'm thinking of buying this from the Singapore PSN because I already have an account setup+the cards are slightly cheaper, but what I'm wondering is will there be any sort of sales tax doing that?

Its 67.90 SGD and if I bought a 20+50 PSN cards I wanna know if it's going to be more then 70 SGD after tax or something.

As far as my knowledge goes, Asia PSN doesn't have any tax.
At least in Malaysia, which is the closest country to Singapore.

MattAces

1.05 Patch History
- Fixed the phenomenon that cumulative combo is initialized abnormally in freestyle mode
- Improved Fentanest note determination
- Improved synchronization of data with other party in online mode
- Other bug fixes

MudoSkills

That just means that the combo wont reset for no reason anymore.

I've started again, only about 650k away from where I was before the patch.

Skittles

So it looks like our DLC schedule is gonna be every 2 monthish? That's pretty damn good if we're getting some 30 songs per pack. Hopefully we get all songs from Black Square/Clazzaqui come november/december

MudoSkills

Just to throw my 2 cents in - this game is in no way an easy plat like Teknika Tune was.

The roadblocks are the trophies for clearing 30/50 missions, scoring 300m points, clearing 30 patterns at 10+ difficulty, and beating the vs AI mission.

I've scrubbed my way to 200m score and 500 patterns cleared but that is the absolute limit for a mid/low tier player - and even without the combo wipe, 500 max combos wasn't enough to hit a 999,999 combo, you would need to grindba few repeats.

My only piece of advice would be don't be intimidated by the rating of normal charts on 8k mode. Stuff with 6/7 stars are easuer than some with 4/5 because they don't require shoulder presses alongside other notes.

Just to throw my 2 cents in - this game is in no way an easy plat like Teknika Tune was.

The roadblocks are the trophies for clearing 30/50 missions, scoring 300m points, clearing 30 patterns at 10+ difficulty, and beating the vs AI mission.

I've scrubbed my way to 200m score and 500 patterns cleared but that is the absolute limit for a mid/low tier player - and even without the combo wipe, 500 max combos wasn't enough to hit a 999,999 combo, you would need to grindba few repeats.

My only piece of advice would be don't be intimidated by the rating of normal charts on 8k mode. Stuff with 6/7 stars are easuer than some with 4/5 because they don't require shoulder presses alongside other notes.

I think the missions one is the biggest block, everything else is mostly grinding.
I'm a the 6th club and I think that's it for me, goodbye platinum...

Yeah, I've already come to terms that I'll never get close to the plat in this game (even if I could clear most other obstacles, mission mode is basically impossible for me!).

That said, I got so damn close to the 5K combo trophy today. Played a random online match and ended up full comboing Hello Pinky (4B, Hard). Never played it before but managed to mash out a 4800 combo. So that perfect track for my skill level still eludes me... I'll get it one day... maybe.

That said, it looks like a couple of trophies might be glitched? The gear and plate trophies require you to get X number of each, which I've managed according to the stats but neither has unlocked. Anyone else know why that might be?

Not really bothered either way in the end, as I'm loving just playing this game here and there. Its definitely one of my favourite games of the year.

I need to check if there's other songs, but Glory Days 4B HD has over 5000 combo, and I think it's only slightly harder than Hello Pinky...

Damn, I just coincidentally found a notification letter from my local post office, saying that my order is waiting for 7 days at our seaports customs office. That letter was from 18th August.

My mother put it on a bunch of other paper stuff in my room without telling me.

Anyway, I've waited long enough for my pre-order.

Downloading the digital version at this juncture...

I contacted Play-asia in hopes of getting a refund. I just hope I can get back most of the money.

I need to check if there's other songs, but Glory Days 4B HD has over 5000 combo, and I think it's only slightly harder than Hello Pinky...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can make any headway on that song.

Meanwhile, how do you unlock videos of songs? I've unlocked a fair few but I'm not sure on the exact procedure, I wanted to unlock the vid for one of the NB Ranger songs but am having no luck. Guessing its tied to clearing songs without missing a note? As I've not managed to achieve that yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can make any headway on that song.

Meanwhile, how do you unlock videos of songs? I've unlocked a fair few but I'm not sure on the exact procedure, I wanted to unlock the vid for one of the NB Ranger songs but am having no luck. Guessing its tied to clearing songs without missing a note? As I've not managed to achieve that yet.

Yes, you need to get max combo on the song (on any mode / difficulty)

Banned
I read online to skip 5 button and go straight to 6 and set faster song speed as anything lower would make the game harder and after 2 play sessions I think I am finally used to 6 button and 1.50 speed as default. As a first time DJ Max player this game feels p dam hard but its fun.

That blink effector in mission mode is a bitch.
Imma call it a day now.

It's really strange but somehow I struggle with a couple of 5B missions even though I had as good as no issues beating any 6B and 8B missions I've come across so far. Except of course my latest 8B mission with the blink effector.

5B messes with my head like crazy. It's ridiculous.

Its weird how one day I couldn't make it through almost any 6B song and now I'm clearing 6B challenges... its like something just clicked and I can play the game better. Still a bit rough around the edges mind you but I'm making progress somehow. Gotta hand it to this game, it never stops being fun, I can imagine myself getting all the DLC as its released and playing this game for months/years to come. Its certainly going to take me a while to hit some of these trophy milestones, I've only just managed to hit 330,000 on my freestyle combo!

At the risk of making a lot of people here jealous who are still waiting for Play-Asia...I ordered this through an eBay seller and it took just 9 days to get from Korea to here in the UK, and no import charges.

Can't freaking wait to dive back in!

Okay, so I just played this for a couple of hours. If you'd asked me 10 years ago when I was playing Portable 1 and 2 for hours and hours every single day what I wanted from a console version, this would be it.

I'm incredibly rusty as I've not played solidly since like Portable 3 in 2010, but I am loving this. It's taking time getting used to the controller (even though it's basically the same layout as the PSP) and the analog notes are throwing me off but the rust will pass. And I still find 8B easier than 5B, ha!

I can't wait until the Portable 3, Clazziquai and Black Square tracks drop. I will happily jump through any hoops I need to to be able to create an Asian PSN account and buy them! Hopefully we can get some of the songs that never appeared on PSP too; stuff from the original online game, Technika, Ray etc. The new songs I've played so far have all been awesome too. The addition of BPM means I'm not going by memory for whether I want to play at 2.5 or 4 speed and the presentation overall is fantastic. I'm also glad Fever activates by default. I enjoy the system but I never really liked the metagame of having to worry about activating it whilst concentrating on a wall of notes. It's the main reason Portable 1 was (and probably still always will be) my favourite in the series.

Anyway...back to pressing buttons to pay RESPECT!

MattAces

DJMAX-Respect-Guilty-Gear_09-14-17.jpg

Early purchases of DJMAX Respect in Japan will include a product code to download three Guilty Gear series collaboration songs playable in the game, publisher Arc System Works announced.

The “Guilty Gear Collaboration Song Set” includes the following three tracks:

“Break a Spell” (Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2)
“Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)” (Guilty Gear 2: Overture)
“Marionette” (Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign)
In related news, Arc System Works also revealed the game’s Japanese limited edition, which includes a special box, art book, and two-disc original soundtrack.

DJMAX Respect is available now for PlayStation 4 with English subtitles in Asia, and will launch in Japan on November 9.
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/djmax-re...lude-guilty-gear-collaboration-song-set-japan

God damn some of those missions in the 7th set are absolutely savage.

Still enjoying the hell out of this. Once the DLCs drop this will be the definitive DJ MAX game for sure. More used to the controller now so ace-ing MX charts like a boss :cool:

Any UK players in here? Add me! Dangerblade is my screen name. That goes for anybody who wants to play but I figure the connection would be more stable if we're both in the UK :)

I've only cleared a couple with a combo over 5,000 - easiest one was probably the standard chart for NB Rangers Virgin Force in 5k mode.

Just wanted to say - thanks for the tip :) After a lot of 5B playing I reattempted this song and it seems I'm now familiar enough with 5B to make it through the song perfectly! Finally got my 5000 hit combo, now I just need another 300,000 for my 999,999 combo. Making decent progress with the other trophies now, should at least get most of the silver ones I think and maybe a couple of the golds... Can't wait to get the DLC this week as well. This has ended up really surprising me, its easily one of my games of the year at this point and that's before they start adding more songs to the game!

Roubjon

I've been working on clearing the rest of the achievements as well. The two most time consuming ones are getting the 70% Mastery of 4B and playing the large amount of Normal Level Charts. At least I can accomplish both by just playing Easy 4B songs, but for me it's so dreadfully boring, ugh.

I've been working on clearing the rest of the achievements as well. The two most time consuming ones are getting the 70% Mastery of 4B and playing the large amount of Normal Level Charts. At least I can accomplish both by just playing Easy 4B songs, but for me it's so dreadfully boring, ugh.

I just hit the 70% score on 4B songs today. If I could clear Nightmare I'd have all the songs done, but I can't get it to appear in arcade mode (darn randomness of the song selection) and I can't clear it without missing a note so I've not cleared it in freeplay since I'm still working on my 999,999 combo. I'll be glad once that's done so I don't have to focus on perfecting the songs, I still have around 225 I need to perfect if I want the 500 max combo trophy, but at the moment I doubt I have enough easy songs on my current skill level to do that (maybe with DLC?), I should be able to make more headway with missions once I can freely practice more songs.

Still, I'm not getting remotely bored of the game so I can see me just playing it here and there for months to come, gotta say I do like the trophy list. It indirectly encourages you to step your game up and my skill level has improved tons because of it. So much better than most other trophy lists for games I've been playing recently...

MudoSkills

I'm still plugging away at getting the 999k combo - really frustrating that the patch reset my combo, as I should have hit it over 500k notes ago! Once that's out the way start playing some of the harder charts I've been avoiding.

The unlock system seems incredibly random. I assumed that once I hit level 99 it would stop, but I keep having artwork, plates, phrases pop up at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if it's tied to levelling up, total songs played, notes hit, cumulative score or what...

Roubjon

I'm still plugging away at getting the 999k combo - really frustrating that the patch reset my combo, as I should have hit it over 500k notes ago! Once that's out the way start playing some of the harder charts I've been avoiding.

The unlock system seems incredibly random. I assumed that once I hit level 99 it would stop, but I keep having artwork, plates, phrases pop up at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if it's tied to levelling up, total songs played, notes hit, cumulative score or what...

A lot of items to unlock can also be unlocked through song count. I've unlocked RED sooo long ago, but I've yet to unlock it through the achievement list.

But speaking of getting better, it's fun to see my skill level rise. It usually happens so subtly until eventually there's a day where I'm getting new personal high scores on most of the songs I'm playing. Feels good! I'm most proud of getting Rank 5 on RED 6B MX :)

MudoSkills

A lot of items to unlock can also be unlocked through song count. I've unlocked RED sooo long ago, but I've yet to unlock it through the achievement list.

The only song that hadn't already popped for me by level 99 was Triple Zoe - which didn't open until I hit the stated unlock conditions for activating 5x fever a certain number of times (4,000?)

Reached level 99 earlier. Not bad for 12 days! Glad it's not capped at that so the numbers can keep rising.

Need to do 3 more missions to clear 50 of them. There's a couple I can probably do when I'm feeling particularly MAX. Some of them though...ugh. Screw that
upside down one
and screw the one that requires
98% rate with the speed at a snail's pace
D:

EDIT: I've never made one of these before but I felt compelled

Level 99 hit. 300 different songs cleared with a max combo and I'm sitting around 750K on my combo. Getting closer!

Question regarding the upcoming DLC - I grabbed the physical English/Asian release and was wondering which digital store I'd need to buy the DLC through? Would it be the HK or Korean store?

Roubjon

Reached level 99 earlier. Not bad for 12 days! Glad it's not capped at that so the numbers can keep rising.

Need to do 3 more missions to clear 50 of them. There's a couple I can probably do when I'm feeling particularly MAX. Some of them though...ugh. Screw that
upside down one
and screw the one that requires
98% rate with the speed at a snail's pace
D:

EDIT: I've never made one of these before but I felt compelled

You probably know this, but if you just hold the analog stick in any direction when those pop up it never breaks. Don't spin it.

Also, I need 3 more missions to get to 50 as well. My 5B skills are pretty bad relative to how good I am at 4 and 6B, which makes some of the harder missions more difficult than they should be.

MudoSkills

I'm tapped out of stuff I can do at 25 missions, lol.

There are a couple I could plausibly get (the one on 4k locked to 1.5 speed, and one I haven't passed yet for getting 3x fever on some 6k songs, because I keep failing out of Seeker) but it'd be a real stretch for me to hit 30. Fuck 50.

Same for the trophy requiring 30 max combos on 10+ difficulty charts.

You probably know this, but if you just hold the analog stick in any direction when those pop up it never breaks. Don't spin it.

Also, I need 3 more missions to get to 50 as well. My 5B skills are pretty bad relative to how good I am at 4 and 6B, which makes some of the harder missions more difficult than they should be.
It's more the transition from the normal notes to the analog notes that screws me over. See UAD 5B HD (middle of the song) for the perfect example of that. I'll get used to it I guess.

Portable 3 made me hate analog notes. Such a disappointing game...no coincidence it turned out that way when Forte Escape left during development!

So this probably already exists but can somebody do a foolproof step by step guide to setting up an Asian PSN account and being able to purchase this DLC when it drops? :)

I'm in for the DLC as well. I've been playing this game non stop for the last 2 months, I'm amazed at how much I'm loving the game (I mean, I love the Vita version and Superbeat Xonic, but even so didn't expect this to click with me so much!).

Managed to hit another couple of milestones yesterday - cleared the second score trophy requirement, not sure I'll be able to clear the gold trophy score requirement or not but I'll certainly give it a shot.
Also finally cleared all the songs in the game. Nightmares was the song holding me up, but I finally managed to work through the difficulty and clear it. Super pleased at that!
I'm up to 805K for my score, so that'll be done soonish. Managed to clear another couple of challenges but I still doubt I'll manage 30 (or at least any time soon!). Doing 6B songs now and my proficiency on this setting is increasing.

Top Bottom