• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I see the OP says

The way Im reading it is that this game has Calamity Triggers story content, Continuum Shifts story content, AND new stuff for Makoto, Valkenhayn, Platinum and Relius. Is that right?

As someone who hasnt played Blazblue since the first game, this is huge for me.
Im pretty bad at fighting games but always enjoyed them regardless. I rarely ever take them online though so a meaty single player component is very important to me.

Yeah, that's right. It doesn't have every branch of CT, just one singular route with multiple characters, but the CS stuff is all completely in here along with even more. That's a ton of content for you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There is also a survival mode that will last you a long ass time that lets you power up your character in different ways... ummm kinda like that old shitty DBGT psone game

Salaadin

Yeah, that's right. It doesn't have every branch of CT, just one singular route with multiple characters, but the CS stuff is all completely in here along with even more. That's a ton of content for you.

Sounds great. I just nabbed it for the Vita from the Amazon sale so Im really looking forward to it.

There is also a survival mode that will last you a long ass time that lets you power up your character in different ways... ummm kinda like that old shitty DBGT psone game

Even better.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Has there ever been any sort of fighter without corners? I have this idea stuck in my head that it would be interesting if you had seamless background (that would just loop where the corners would typically be) where most of the action took place in the center screen. I kinda hate corners. Both getting trapped in them, and also taking advantage of them.

Has there ever been any sort of fighter without corners? I have this idea stuck in my head that it would be interesting if you had seamless background (that would just loop where the corners would typically be) where most of the action took place in the center screen. I kinda hate corners. Both getting trapped in them, and also taking advantage of them.

Tekken used to be like that. It still does a few infinite stages these days.
I can't think of any 2D ones off hand though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Unless you severely cripple backward movement, wouldn't you have characters that can run away effortlessly until time runs out?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Unless you severely cripple backward movement, wouldn't you have characters that can run away effortlessly until time runs out?

Backwards is almost always dash. Unless you run under a jumping opponent in GG/BB, even then, it's easily solved by slowing down the speed a percent so that the one on the offense can catch up within a second or two. Wouldn't be much different than trying to run away in a closed arena.

I3rand0

Fucking Amazon destroyed my LE and now I can't get a replacement because the item is under review for their poor S&H.

May16

Playstation life has a review of the Vita version up.
Whereas Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 brings a fun team-based fighter to the Vita, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend gives the system an excellent one-on-one fighter. What’s more, many will see the Vita version of BB:CSE as the definitive one, thanks to the system’s d-pad being friendly to the BlazBlue style. While the “Extend” in the title refers to its additional character and lengthened story, it’s also an accurate description of the way play sessions can last much longer than expected — joyfully so.

I didn't really have a problem with PSP's d-pad though. I actually find the Vita's face buttons too close together and d-pad a little too small. Will that help or hurt a game like Blazblue?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ugh. Should I get this or MVC3

Buy BB and you'll make 8-bit Platinum jump for joy :D!

FjSES.gif

Ignore the Happy Birthday part haha

Roto13

Ugh. Should I get this or MVC3

Depends on what you're looking for. They're both fine choices.

MvC3 is more flashy and crazy. BlazBlue is more technical (but, unlike Street Fighter, the lower difficulty levels are actually easy :p). You can't really go wrong with either game.

Eusis

Well, Amazon seems to be sold out, but you still have the option of buying it through third party retailers through them~
Or just waiting on it to restock and play other games in the meantime, last I checked you could still place an order and make it part of the buy two get one.

But why would they cancel pre-orders and then list the game as out of stock on FS and BB?

Guess I'll try to pre-order at EB and hope it's not too late.

At least you can download it!

This is true. Was hoping to do a trade deal on it. Maybe they will get stock in over the next couple of days.

Top Bottom