• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Jump cancel?
She can't jump cancel on whiff. Lambda has long recovery for any whiffed sword.

Lambda very good space control, but I think the biggest difference between her and Nu is that you really have to work to make it effective now. A whiffed D is a free pass for any rushdown character to get in your face, and probably a free combo. This means Lambda can't mindlessly press D at long range unless you're pretty sure the opponent is going to be where the sword is coming out.

Sometimes it's okay to just stand there and wait for the other person's move, and react with something else. For example, if someone is going in at an angle that is too high for 2D, you may want to dash under them, either with a normal dash (whirrrrrrrrrr!!! I love that for some reason) or Act Parser A. If they're coming in at a shallow angle but you don't think you can get them with a sword in time, just backdash or instant air backdash. Once they're within a certain range, it's not really worth pressing D and hoping your sword will get out in time.

I think Lambda is very mobile character, but almost all of her moves are very slow. If your opponent is too close, your safest option is to just block and/or look for a chance to escape (you may need to counter assault a lot). She can lock people down, but you have to keep your position in mind. Knowing when and where to move her is probably even more important than knowing her combos.

I got the eu version for vita, but the trophy list is in japanese.. same for anyone else? (I havent used it online yet so my vita got no registred psn account linked if that matters)

Tobe

anybody can give me tips on platinums 11th trial? i got no trouble linking normal but the ground persia is the only shit i cant seem to get.

TheExodu5

Banned
Better than the Saturn's? Bold claims.

And Valky's joke ending was great.

Which one is the best?

I feel the Saturn diagonals are often too easy to trigger. With this dpad, the diagonals feel just right. I've never been able to pull off moves as consistently as I can with this dpad. I really hope the PS4 controller adopts this dpad design.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think Lambda is very mobile character, but almost all of her moves are very slow. If your opponent is too close, your safest option is to just block and/or look for a chance to escape (you may need to counter assault a lot). She can lock people down, but you have to keep your position in mind. Knowing when and where to move her is probably even more important than knowing her combos.
In a way, she's similar to SF4's Juri, who is about getting people into the corner and then controlling them there with projectiles.

AwRy108

I hereby declare: the PS Vita has the best d-pad ever created.

Such a different scenario from the PSP-1000--I remember there being a handful of homemade d-pad mods just to make it not suck. My faceplate was never snug on that model because I did an internal mod to raise the d-pad up for playing SFA3 Max.

Oh SONY, you've come such a long way; now you just have to work on easing up on the number of firmware updates.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I dunno about "best ever created", but it's an astounding improvement over any previous Sony d-pad.
It's better than the Saturn d-pad, which is one of the better ones. I also agree that the Vita d-pad is the best d-pad on any console to date. It's virtually perfect and makes me want to play more games using it.

Solune

Any tips on ground dash cancel timing, specifically for Hazama? I swear this shit is beyond me.

Do you mean dash cancelling out of an attack or following with a dash attack? For the former, I just buffer the first movement before the attack connects and complete the dash when the move hit confirms. For the latter it can be a bitch to link those dash attacks, I actually still have a problem with them.

Bebpo

Banned
It's better than the Saturn d-pad, which is one of the better ones. I also agree that the Vita d-pad is the best d-pad on any console to date. It's virtually perfect and makes me want to play more games using it.

What what no no no

Maybe I just have weird hands but it's nowhere near the Saturn d-pad to me and honestly I find the ps2/3 DS much better d-pad but that's more about the angle you hold the system/controller.

I have a tough time doing dragon punch movements on the 1p side because the analog is in the way. I hate how small the d-pad is, how low it is, and how it's almost hidden on top of the analog. If you could switch it's placement with the analog on the fly it'd be nice.

Anyhow it's the best portable d-pad for sure, but I've always been a controller guy for 2d fighters and I'm doing faaaar worse at pulling off moves and combos on the vita d-pad compared to Saturn or ps2/3.

Do you mean dash cancelling out of an attack or following with a dash attack? For the former, I just buffer the first movement before the attack connects and complete the dash when the move hit confirms. For the latter it can be a bitch to link those dash attacks, I actually still have a problem with them.

Say, post wall bounce in the corner I need to quick step into 6C to keep the combo going I can never get it. I guess I need to practice more.

Theonik

What what no no no
Anyhow it's the best portable d-pad for sure, but I've always been a controller guy for 2d fighters and I'm doing faaaar worse at pulling off moves and combos on the vita d-pad compared to Saturn or ps2/3.
Surely the NeoGeo Pocket one is pretty close or better. Never used one but if it's like the NGCD then it should be very good.

I'm having alot of fun with Relius, I completed his trials and just going training mode with him to practice more. Though I'd probably get blown up cause I'm playing with Ignis on recharge D:

I'm having alot of fun with Relius, I completed his trials and just going training mode with him to practice more. Though I'd probably get blown up cause I'm playing with Ignis on recharge D:

Let's play tonight. My Relius is so bad that I need some pointers.

In other news, my Rachel is getting a tiny bit better.

cj_iwakura

I'm by no means pro with Relius, but I think his biggest flaw is slow execution. Seems like his attacks leave him wide open for a bit before they go off.

I'm by no means pro with Relius, but I think his biggest flaw is slow execution. Seems like his attacks leave him wide open for a bit before they go off.

His two biggest flaws are bad jabs and bad air-to-air w/o Ignis. His lesser flaws (but still pretty big flaws) is that he cannot keep LONG pressures since Ignis meter drains so much after one attack and he does pretty pitiful damage without the doll.

But, his pluses are that with the doll, he gains ridiculously good oki game and damage/pressure. Also, all 3 of his DDs are ridiculously good.

Can't hate a character when he has unblockable setups.

TheExodu5

Banned
What what no no no

Maybe I just have weird hands but it's nowhere near the Saturn d-pad to me and honestly I find the ps2/3 DS much better d-pad but that's more about the angle you hold the system/controller.

I have a tough time doing dragon punch movements on the 1p side because the analog is in the way. I hate how small the d-pad is, how low it is, and how it's almost hidden on top of the analog. If you could switch it's placement with the analog on the fly it'd be nice.

Could be a difference in how we hold the Vita. When using the d-pad, my thumb comes in from the left so it doesn't overlap the analog stick at all.

I can't play with Relius anymore. He was fun at first, but then I started playing story mode...... He terrifies me to no end. Every time he shows up in a story scenario, I get a twinge of terror. I know its a dumb reason not to play with a character, but I stand by it

cj_iwakura

I can't play with Relius anymore. He was fun at first, but then I started playing story mode...... He terrifies me to no end. Every time he shows up in a story scenario, I get a twinge of terror. I know its a dumb reason not to play with a character, but I stand by it

Well he is a Magnificent Bastard, so yeah.

He's still classy.

Carl's no saint. He can be a pretty big jerk in story mode.

Well he is a Magnificent Bastard, so yeah.

He's still classy.

Carl's no saint. He can be a pretty big jerk in story mode.

Carl's story was the worst. He just whines and bitches while Nirvana attacked people when their guard was down. Not a Carl fan, either. I guess I just don't like the Clover clan

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I see what you are saying. But still not a Clover fan

zEyzD.gif

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well... it took me a while to see that bandaid.

Carl sucks. So annoying to fight against, and even if you get a hit in, he's small so he's difficult to combo.

IMO both Carl and Relius are crazy bastards.

Top Bottom