• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

My PSN is OmegaZero336.
But yeah, I'm still a scrub too. Trying to decide between maining Ragna and Hazama, since in most fighting games, I tend to play the offensive "rush-down" character. But Hazama seems like a nice change of pace, and I find his challenges are going down easier then Ragna's

Hazama is anything but rushdown. He's great at zoning and poking though.

Busaiku

Does this game not support analog sticks at all when using a converter?
Or was that just mine?

If the former, that's a real shame.
Hate D-Pads for fighters.

I've been wanting to try out Mu today when I go to the arcade, so I visited Dustloop to see some of her basics before I go but...it's not being of much help.

Does anyone have some basic advice for her and know what her usual BnBs are?

Recently I get so frustrated whenever I play this game.

I don't understand why more people don't play this game. It's full of so much bullshit you'd think the people wanting HYPE would be eating it up

/madsalty

Recently I get so frustrated whenever I play this game.

I don't understand why more people don't play this game. It's full of so much bullshit you'd think the people wanting HYPE would be eating it up

/madsalty

Franchise fatigue is probably a major issue due to yearly revisions, and there are plenty of other options for FG fans.

remz

When did dustloop become such a shitty resource for new players? I remember it being amazing back in the GG AC days but nowadays it's just confusing.

I have a friend that complains he's "still not any better at blaz" every time we play, he came from SF. I don't get why he's having so much trouble picking it up, my brother barely plays any fighters at all and he's a competent Tao/Noel.

Wanna teach the guy, but he's playing Valk and I'm useless as Valk, lol.

I really don't want to sound like a fanboy, an idiot or a douche, but my experience with the latest Capcom fighters have led me to believe that they just aren't good at teaching you fundamentals that stretch across different fighting games. I've never had this problem with any other 2D fighters I've played. Everything else has helped me elevate my game somehow with VSav being the absolute king in this regard. The one thing I've learned from the MvC3 series of games is patience. Mostly everything else is bad habits that just mess with me in other fighters.

Also, Dustloop feels way too micro managed to me. SRK is way more organic and unpredictable. You may have to rummage through a pile of crap sometimes, but you can find gold in there. Dustloop just feels kinda static in comparison. It's a shame because they have some interesting game sections in those forums and there are some legitimately smart posters over there.

Can anyone give us a little history lesson on Dustloop?
This needs the most interesting man in the world meme

"I don't always use 6B

But when I do, it's when I fuck up a Jayoku input"
I'll never understand Hazama. I tried to pick him up a few times, but he seems even more alien than Rachel to me. The fact that he scared me even in my heyday CS days with S tier Bang gets to me even more lol.

Tobe

I really don't want to sound like a fanboy, an idiot or a douche, but my experience with the latest Capcom fighters have led me to believe that they just aren't good at teaching you fundamentals that stretch across different fighting games. I've never had this problem with any other 2D fighters I've played. Everything else has helped me elevate my game somehow with VSav being the absolute king in this regard. The one thing I've learned from the MvC3 series of games is patience. Mostly everything else is bad habits that just mess with me in other fighters.

while this is mostly true i might say that MvC3 teaches you how to be extremely aware of the situation. i might say mvc3 is one game that you really need to focus really hard to win, with the amount of bs there is in that game if you lose focus you're done.

remz

agree with you entirely SolarPowered. the only thing SF4 teachers you to play is SF4, ahahahah. the fundamentals don't seem to carry across as well as they do from some other fighters.

i think the fact there's no Ryu or Ken type character trips people up when they have to learn something unique.

shtkn

yes, we recognize that dustloop has issues being too unwelcoming to new players, that's why we're trying to get a wiki going to act as a clean guide for newcomers.

please tell me if you can find hte wiki from the forums or if you think it's too hidden away.

most char forums should ahve a beginner guide thread, a video thread, a simple Q&A thread, and a more indepth gameplay discussion thread. they also have matchup a subsection, but those sadly don't seem to ever get much love

Fugu

yes, we recognize that dustloop has issues being too unwelcoming to new players, that's why we're trying to get a wiki going to act as a clean guide for newcomers.

please tell me if you can find hte wiki from the forums or if you think it's too hidden away.

most char forums should ahve a beginner guide thread, a video thread, a simple Q&A thread, and a more indepth gameplay discussion thread. they also have matchup a subsection, but those sadly don't seem to ever get much love
Litchi's matchup forums absymal; only four characters have a CSEX thread. The OP in the combo thread is a changelog between CS2 and CSEX; there are combos in the thread but they're presented context-free so they're useless to most players and they're posted by users, not the moderator. The video thread hasn't been updated in over a month, and the basics thread is out-of-date and probably wasn't that helpful when it was current. It took about five months for the CS2 frame data to be uploaded for Litchi (far later than any other character). Litchi's page on the wiki is a template -- seriously?

When I started playing CT the resources were bad but they weren't this bad. A player coming into the game now is going to have a lot of trouble.

shtkn

the moderator should not be the be-all-end-all of information in any character section: they should be there to help and organize info. on that front, i agree, the litchi forums need work.

Just checked for the Wiki and I got it within five seconds of searching on Dustloop. I play Bang and it looks pretty meaty at first glance. Don't take the my comments too harshly though. You guys gave Skullgirls and VSav a forum which is awesome and the Wiki certainly looks good for Bang. Gonna read through Bang's stuff, Tao's page and Plat's stuff.

The matchup forums just seem like the kind of thing that would run into issues after a while anyway. The community for the game doesn't seem to growing much while the roster is getting bigger and bigger. It can't be easy to keep up with matchups like that.

Irrefutable proof I'm the best BBCSE player on GAF:

tumblr_m0yhz1X9Wy1qdzoq5o1_500.png

cj_iwakura

That just makes you the most dedicated.

Impressive nonetheless, I haven't platinumed any of the 3 BBs.

Heck, I only have one Platinum, and it's for Demon's Souls.
(Though I think that counts for a lot.)

Jin and his stupid fucking sword is really getting to me right now. Goddamn I hate all these sword fucks these days.

I swear that I'm going to expose the living shit out of every Jin I run into when I get back in fighting shape.

:/

OmegaZero

I may not be able to do them consistently at the moment, but Hazama's combos are so fun to do. Shredding people up in mid-air after knocking them around with his drive is hilarious to me for some reason.

Yes, I am loving this game. Can't believe I never really got into Blazblue before.

I may not be able to do them consistently at the moment, but Hazama's combos are so fun to do. Shredding people up in mid-air after knocking them around with his drive is hilarious to me for some reason.

Yes, I am loving this game. Can't believe I never really got into Blazblue before.

Elevator combos. Going up... going down.
<3 Haz.

i hate ragna so much, almost as much as noel

fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna

remz

Hazama's air knife slashy combo is probably the raddest looking thing in the whole damn game, shame I can't use him for shit ahahahahahah

Fugu

i hate ragna so much, almost as much as noel

fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna fuck i hate ragna
Read my previous post on this page. I'm trying to help you so hard but you're just ignoring me.

So can anyone answer this?
Left stick works in this game. It's your converter.

Just got a Vita today. This game looks gorgeous on it. I'm in awe.
Too bad the quality of voices still kinda suck compared to console versions.
Not PSP bad, but still noticeable with headphones.

At least I can practice on the go.

cj_iwakura

Is it just me, or does JP Platinum only use one voice? Seems like the US version switches personalities more. (I can't STAND her JP voice.)

Top Bottom