• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Rhapsody

Banned
Galileo was pretty much in control the whole time. Dogura dropped way too many combos after hit confirming which hurt.

On a side note because of Litchi, has Shounen been playing BBCP? Footage of him was hard to come by in Extend (mostly netplay and some big tourneys).

ApolloJoh

On a side note because of Litchi, has Shounen been playing BBCP? Footage of him was hard to come by in Extend (mostly netplay and some big tourneys).

I've seen him pop up in a few videos a while back.

Anything recently? Nah.

I wonder if he's like Konan, lol.

thundr51

I know this thread is mostly about BBCSEX and BBCP but has anybody tried the BBCT port on the windows store? Thinking about biting only for the tiny chance to maybe see more PC ports. Reviews are mixed and I know it's old but could open the door other ports if there is enough interest.

RoeBear

I know this thread is mostly about BBCSEX and BBCP but has anybody tried the BBCT port on the windows store? Thinking about biting only for the tiny chance to maybe see more PC ports. Reviews are mixed and I know it's old but could open the door other ports if there is enough interest.

With the fact that BBCP isn't going to even come to 360, I highly doubt any sales of the BBCT port will do anything.

i could try making something simple if someone helped me collect info

unless you wanted the OT.

I've never made an OT but I can probably collect some info and maybe write a few things.

I reserved the localized OT, but I'm not importing it. I'd be happy to help if you like.

With the three of us together it should come out halfway decent at the least.

Isn't there a forum section specifically for creating/editting OT's? I can't seem to find any links to it anywhere.

I'll be uploading matches once I get it if people are interested. If my internet gets upgraded I'll be uploading tons.

I would be down for that day one (assuming it arrives on the 24th). It'll be interesting to see day one play versus day 20 play.

Ken

I'll start making a rough attempt at it tonight after ffxiv time and see if I can come up with anything.

RoeBear

I ordered it with three day delivery so hopefully I get it soon after. Day 1 for me might not be day one for everyone else because my brothers wedding is the 26th so most likely I can't play till oct
27 :(

FluxWaveZ

I'll probably be receiving it on day 1, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it since Ace Attorney 5 releases on the same day.

Isn't there a forum section specifically for creating/editting OT's? I can't seem to find any links to it anywhere.

There's a thread for reserving OT's, but I don't think there's anything set aside specifically to test them out.

If you want to test it out though, make a new post and preview the post instead of submitting it.

And we probably won't need another OT just for the releases outside of Japan

Rhapsody

Banned
Got the LE with Fedex shipping (needed that Rachel nendroid and LE box). Don't know when I'll get it since it depends if they ship on day 1 or the day before.

Super Arcade is doing a day one event with BBCP. Might go there if I'm not busy or something.
Rachel's new combos aren't too hard to remember, and j.A instant overhead works on everyone now, so I should be fine.
I'll probably be receiving it on day 1, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it since Ace Attorney 5 releases on the same day.

I actually forgot that they come out on the same day... Maybe I'll just do AA5 as my nightly reading before bed.

cj_iwakura

I like to include character bios and stuff, so my variation will probably be story heavy. Graphics are my weak point though.

RoeBear

I'm going to trade this in on Tuesday morning, so if anyone wants some matches with me in Extend just message me today. If not I'll see everyone on CP!

Ken

jyVzO1vNB5kko.png

Publishers: Arc System Works (JP), Aksys Games (NA)
Developer: Arc System Works
Rating: CERO: C
Platform: PlayStation 3 (physical and digital)
Release Date: October 24, 2013 (JP), Q1 2014 (NA)
Editions: Regular (6980 JPY), Limited Box (9800 JPY) and cover. NA Limited Edition details.
First Print Bonus for physical copies: "Yuki Terumi" playable character code

Official Site (Japanese)

About
Chronophantasma is the third entry in the Blazblue series, a fast-paced 2-D anime fighting game from Arc System Works, the developers of the Guilty Gear and Persona 4: The Ultimate series.
With 7 new playable characters, updates to the returning cast, and several mechanics changes, Chronophantasma offers a gameplay experience much different from the first two titles making it a good entry point for players looking to pick up the series.

Features
  • A Story Mode consisting of three main storylines culminating to a true end replaces individual storylines.
  • 7 new characters and all returning characters from previous games bring the roster to 26 characters.
  • Color palettes can now be previewed in character select.
  • A new online lobby where players control chibi avatars with free movement. Within lobbies are virtual arcades allowing players to pick challengers at occupied machines or to wait for one in a vacant machine.
  • Player match rooms have been updraded with an increased room size of 8, text chat, and room types including training and replay viewing rooms.
  • The Glossary mode has been added which includes both BlazBlue and fighting game terminology such as "okizeme" and "mashing."
  • Teach Me More! Miss Litchi mode has been updated with scenarios recapping the events prior to Chronophantasma.
New Game Mechanics
  • Gold Break Bursts and Guard Primers have been removed. Overdrive and Crush trigger take their places.
  • Overdrive provides increased attack power and character-specific benefits with duration being based on current HP. The timer is also paused during Overdrive. Performed with A+B+C+D.
  • Crush Trigger allows players to break the opponent's guard by using 25% heat. Can be barrier blocked, but Crush Triggers can also be delayed. Performed using 5A+B.
  • Bursts now regenerate instead of being a preset number per match.
  • Hitstop has been lessened and combos are intended to be shorter/faster.
  • Just holding A can be used to tech.
New Characters

Full Roster

Media

Arcade Opening
TGS Trailer 2013
Jourdal2012's YT channel with a lot of footage of BBCP matches

Import Notes
  • Gameplay is import friendly, though you might not get much out of the story without being able to read Japanese.
  • Kokonoe and (most likely) Terumi are DLC characters so a JPN PSN account will be needed to acquire them.
  • Online pass is unknown at the moment.
  • Game can be imported from the usual places like AmiAmi, CDJapan, Play-Asia, etc.

Credits to the BlazBlue Wiki and Dustloop Wiki for a lot of the information. Also to BlazBlueGAF for helping out with the OT!

-------

Could use Youtube channels of people that upload a lot of good matches but besides that I'm not really sure if there's anything else to add.

RoeBear

I think this last week they said Terumi is in all first print copies of the game instead of just a preorder code. Also for new gameplay mechanics you can just hold A to tech.
Otherwise looks awesome good job!

Rhapsody

Banned
Just preordered the Limited Edition from AmiAmi (need that Rachel figurine). Does anyone have any experience with them?

I thought those were sold out since the first 2 weeks or so at amiami?

But yeah, they're good. One of the better places to import from. Only downside is you can't really cancel orders. You can, but it's possible to get blacklisted after awhile.

I've gotten stuff from them before. Always been a good experience.

I thought those were sold out since the first 2 weeks or so at amiami?

But yeah, they're good. One of the better places to import from. Only downside is you can't really cancel orders. You can, but it's possible to get blacklisted after awhile.

Awesome! I just sent them an inquiry about their shipping costs and eta so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Rhapsody, I thought so too but I saw this: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...Chronophantasma$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

RoeBear

Is the digital version the same release date as all the other versions, and does it include Terumi?

iirc no one knows for sure but most are saying that the digital version isn't going to come with Terumi, so if you want him just be prepared to pay extra.

So I've been practicing with the stick for a bit and I'm still not sure what grip is the most comfortable.

I hold it like a wine glass in between my middle and index fingers, my friends all hold on the top of the ball but they always have trouble with inputs.

Ken

i hold top of the ball. my brother holds wine glass.

just keep playing till you find your one true grip poorfate

I hold it like a wine glass in between my middle and index fingers, my friends all hold on the top of the ball but they always have trouble with inputs.

I understand that most people have different grips but this grip I never understood. It's like man handling the stick.

cj_iwakura

Maybe a little more detail on the story? Could do without though, might not be many importers caring about that.

Nice otherwise.

I've been alternating between the wine glass and the grip of doom (top of the ball) and I find that I have a lot more success with inputs when I use the wineglass. I'll experiment more with this tomorrow.

i hold top of the ball. my brother holds wine glass.

just keep playing till you find your one true grip poorfate

Hmmmm

Ahh, I hope they add DLC colors soon. I need my monochrome color.

I thought monochrome was in by default?

Rhapsody

Banned
So I've been practicing with the stick for a bit and I'm still not sure what grip is the most comfortable.

Two most popular are between the middle and ring finger or between the ring and pinky.
Then have your thumb on the right side of the top.

I usually see the latter but I do the former.

Also some people do it with palm upwards, but that's just too weird for me.

Two most popular are between the middle and ring finger or between the ring and pinky.
Then have your thumb on the right side of the top.

I usually see the latter but I do the former.

Also some people do it with palm upwards, but that's just too weird for me.

I'll try those the next time I play. With the wineglass you have your palm facing upwards. It feels unorthodox but I've had the most success with it so far. I'm sure I'll settle on one position soon after I'm done testing them all out.

Is it? That would be awesome, but I didn't see it when I looked earlier. I could have been looking at the wrong thing though.

E: Unless there's more than 16 colors, I'm not seeing mono for Platinum.

I think you might be right. I can't seem to find the monochrome colour anywhere so it probably is DLC.

RoeBear

I doubt it'll have story mode translated. I think Aksys are still working on it.

I'd be glad to be wrong though.

I thought it was just going to be menus and options in english. I got the Japanese version i'll just looks at the pretty pictures and anime scenes to get a understanding of story anyway, since that's how you unlock Kagura.

Astarte

I doubt it'll have story mode translated. I think Aksys are still working on it.

I'd be glad to be wrong though.

I'm really on the fence about importing this one. It was mainly about the nendoroid, but now that Murka's getting it I think I'll just wait it out rather than double dip.

Fugu

I've been alternating between the wine glass and the grip of doom (top of the ball) and I find that I have a lot more success with inputs when I use the wineglass. I'll experiment more with this tomorrow.
As a longtime wineglass person I find the issue with that particular grip is that right-facing inputs are easier than left-facing ones due to how unnatural of a motion that is for the body.

Top Bottom