• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

careksims

Wish I preordered that LE :( or at least bring it to the states. On the other hand, I don't have to pay up the wazhoo and it's coming next week.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Take Out Bandit said:
* looks at Tager's odds.

* cries

Looking at the match breakdowns is still a lot better from CT. He actually has some matches in his favor this time! :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ferrio said:
Are the character's themes still the same, or did they get a remix?

I think they're all the same. New songs for new characters and some matchups(Like the awesome Hazama vs. Ragna theme). A lot of the old stages are different visually though.

QisTopTier said:
Eh? Tsubaki, Hazama, Mu, Makoto, plus 2 more isn't a lot of new characters? It's not like this is street fighter where they just hack together a few moves and normals and go WORK WITH THIS LOL. The characters in this have a lot more to them :lol Honestly I was satisfied with just Hazama and Tsubaki.

+2 more?

Also, DLC doesn't count for me. fuck dlc

Ken Masters said:
I don't get it, is this a sequel to BlazBlue, or like a Super Blazblue (SSF4)?
CS is a sequel to CT in the same way GGXX a sequel to GGX. There are some really big fundamental changes to the way the game works, it isn't a revision like #Reload or Accent Core.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
_dementia said:
CS is a sequel to CT in the same way GGXX a sequel to GGX. There are some really big fundamental changes to the way the game works, it isn't a revision like #Reload or Accent Core.

There's definitely changes to the core system, but to say it's something like "BlazBlue 2" would be disingenuous. Most of the changes to the fighters themselves are just tweaks.

bernardobri said:
Huh? So they confirmed two more characters to be released besides Makoto?
Zen United has a trailer out for the European version claiming 7 new characters. Additionally, in the Famitsu issue that unveiled Makoto there were additional silhouettes behind her character art, so it is assumed there are more to come.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Ferrio said:
Squirrel boobs, man.... squirrel boobs. Don't tell me that isn't worth it.

I'm inclined to agree with him. I don't think dlc characters for fighters is a precedent I want to support. I probably won't be buying them. Unlike costumes/palette swaps or whatever else, something like this has such a drastic impact on balance and the community and segregates it into haves and have-nots.

I'm interested to see how the tournament scene reacts to this and what kind of limitations they'll place on them.

Also, ew.

Dreavus

Papercuts said:
I think they're all the same. New songs for new characters and some matchups(Like the awesome Hazama vs. Ragna theme). A lot of the old stages are different visually though.

I love me some "Rebellion" and "Lust Sin". Glad to hear they are still in the game. :D

Ferrio said:
Squirrel boobs, man.... squirrel boobs. Don't tell me that isn't worth it.

This sentence really shouldn't exist. D:

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
_dementia said:
Zen United has a trailer out for the European version claiming 7 new characters. Additionally, in the Famitsu issue that unveiled Makoto there were additional silhouettes behind her character art, so it is assumed there are more to come.

Oh, cool then. Looking forward Hellsing and Jubei.

Is this the cover for the NA release, by the way? http://i47.tinypic.com/2uhpm2u.png

hxa155

Dreavus said:
I love me some "Rebellion" and "Lust Sin". Glad to hear they are still in the game. :D

The soundtrack is great and all (especially Susano-oh) but I wish they remixed things a bit.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
luka said:
I'm inclined to agree with him. I don't think dlc characters for fighters is a precedent I want to support. I probably won't be buying them. Unlike costumes/palette swaps or whatever else, something like this has such a drastic impact on balance and the community and segregates it into haves and have-nots.

I'm interested to see how the tournament scene reacts to this and what kind of limitations they'll place on them.

Also, ew.

On a $60 game , I see your point. This is $40.

If the content added legitimately can be considered an expansion or mini-expansion, I'm all for it.

As for the competitive community- they forced Vader/Yoda to be legal in SC4. They shouldn't complain (unless the chars are broke)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The only problem I have with the DLC characters in this is the fact that a lot of people are gonna end up getting blindsided when they face them for the first time. I could suffer it in SF where there are essentially 15 copies of the same fighter, but it'll be a pain in this. Just imagine playing Ragna for the first time after practicing against the rest of the cast for a few weeks.

Jube3

I can't wait to pick this up and have Grifter scare away everyone I play with :lol

I was pretty in the dark about the additions to BB so I'm pretty pumped now. Hype +1 (to lose lol).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
560 MS Points for Makoto. Comes with challenges, tutorial, and is playable on ranked.

"Train while you wait" sounds awesome too... The host of a room can run training mode instead of just waiting around in an empty lobby.

(from dustloop forums and aksysgames forums)

Jube3 said:
I can't wait to pick this up and have Grifter scare away everyone I play with :lol
Yeah, I was finally starting to crack his armor, but the fall semester rolled in.

I'd like to see what a buffed Bang will do against his monstrous Noel.

xero273

BotoxAgent said:
can anyone tell me where I can pre-order the Japanese Limited Edition version?

On ncsx site you can still preorder the limited edition for both 360 and ps3. japanvideogames only has x360 version available for preorder.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
luka said:

Also, ew.

Damn furries...

Ferrio

Banned
HK-47 said:
Damn furries...

FurryChart.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can't play as that squirrel master. I was hoping to beat some ass with him.

Original game was fun but it had some issues. I hope they fixed a few things.

Fugu

When you look at the videos of Bang getting 3.7k off of a poke and Arakune looping for days, there's a few things you need to keep in mind.

One of the big things is that no matter how much Bang destroys, he's still got relatively minimal control over the battlefield. Yes, he's top tier, but none of his matchups scream the "oh god how do I walk" feeling you get from watching Tager against Nu or Rachel in CT.

Likewise, Arakune's loop comes at a huge cost that's evident in his massive fall down the tier list. Cursing has been completely restructured: It now takes multiple hits to land a curse, bees are larger and slower, and curses can't be removed merely by hitting Arakune once. What this means is that it's much harder for Arakune to get you into a curse and it's much more difficult for Arakune to land a combo simply by spamming bees at you. It also means that a curse completely reverses the flow of play and makes Arakune a very dangerous (but not impossible to beat despite the presence of a loop) opponent.

My experience with CS coming from extensive play of CT is that everyone who plays their character will notice that they've gotten a little better or, in most cases, a little worse. But at the same time, most players find that their character plays exactly like they should. The improvements to Arakune make him feel more like Arakune. Lambda feels like she relies more on spacing to make things happen, like she should.

There are no 25-75 matchups. There are no 30-70 matchups. The game has gotten a lot tighter. As bad as Rachel looks, she still has a workable zoning game and a lot of opportunities, and just like Tager in CT, she's got players playing as her.

I'm consistently impressed by BlazBlue's ability to provide a diverse cast where even the worst characters have people who can make them look like the best characters.

Zezboob

Ferrio said:
Oh shit, loved the 100% :lol

Well, I didn't played much CT, but seeing that Rachel became sandbag tiers and since it was my favorite character, I am not very hot about getting CS :/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pinko Marx said:
I'm off to google.

YbQxC.gif

Too easy?

Fugu said:
One of the big things is that no matter how much Bang destroys, he's still got relatively minimal control over the battlefield. Yes, he's top tier, but none of his matchups scream the "oh god how do I walk" feeling you get from watching Tager against Nu or Rachel in CT.

If Bang gets into Lambda, she's fucked. Even in CT it was difficult for Nu to escape from hardcore close-range pressure.

Beth Cyra

I loved BB CT, probably my favorite game this generation.

I can't wait to get my hands on Tsubaki even though I am terrible but still I she looks awesome and hopefully the story mode is just as good as the originals.

Oh and one thing, I am pissed that we are missing out on that collector's edition.

Nightmare Fiction is my favorite BB song. I can't wait for a good-quality version of it.

Anyway, that was awesome; it hyped me up :D

I hear this fighting game actually kind of has a story? Is it a big enough deal to buy the first one and follow along? Is it any good or normal fighting game crap?

Top Bottom