• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Count me in as picking up the US version. I always played Ragna because in my head, it was like a futuristic Gintoki. :lol

Lucentto

Banned
Tylahedras said:
I hear this fighting game actually kind of has a story? Is it a big enough deal to buy the first one and follow along? Is it any good or normal fighting game crap?
I enjoyed BBs story more than many of the games i've played honestly, fighting game or not. Its like a Visual Novel pretty much with different stories for all the characters. I don't think you have to buy the first game though for it, I bet you can just wiki a summary or something and be happy.

Riou

Well for the rumored 2 other new characters, i would really like to see Jubei and Valkenhyn but i don't think they will be =(. In the scan that showed Makoto, there were 2 more silhouettes. That scan was pretty crap quality but i don't think they looked like jubei or valkenhyn. I think one of the silhouettes might be Platina the Trinity. If you don't remember her, i think she was one of the 6 heroes and she was also shown in one of the previous famitsu scans as a story character in CS.

And i'm also sad that a lot of rachel players are dropping her >_<. Sure her damage output is really weak but i think her combos/play style are a lot more fun in CS. I'll continue maining her and hopefully she gets some buffs in that re-balancing patch.

Duress

I planned on picking up the first one but I never did. I'm definately going to try this one though. That is, if something else I really want is coming out the same week...

Forbiden

Riou said:
Well for the rumored 2 other new characters, i would really like to see Jubei and Valkenhyn but i don't think they will be =(. In the scan that showed Makoto, there were 2 more silhouettes. That scan was pretty crap quality but i don't think they looked like jubei or valkenhyn. I think one of the silhouettes might be Platina the Trinity. If you don't remember her, i think she was one of the 6 heroes and she was also shown in one of the previous famitsu scans as a story character in CS.

And i'm also sad that a lot of rachel players are dropping her >_<. Sure her damage output is really weak but i think her combos/play style are a lot more fun in CS. I'll continue maining her and hopefully she gets some buffs in that re-balancing patch.

I always figured Jubei was going to be a new playable character, given that he is one of the Six Heroes and the fact that, well, as compared to Tsubaki or Makoto, he is known to have fighting abilities. Then again, if you think about it, the game states that he is the most powerful being alive, so maybe it isn't such a good idea to include him as a playable character.

TreIII

Forbiden said:
I always figured Jubei was going to be a new playable character, given that he is one of the Six Heroes and the fact that, well, as compared to Tsubaki or Makoto, he is known to have fighting abilities. Then again, if you think about it, the game states that he is the most powerful being alive, so maybe it isn't such a good idea to include him as a playable character.

Canon power level doesn't have to impact game play in any shape or form. If such were the case, then Dizzy really didn't need to be playable in GGXX. :lol

Besides, if Jubei can be a legit character, let's see it happen. This might be the last BB game we get until a more "definitive" sequel arrives, so ASW might as well give us plenty of keep us busy in that time.

Fugu

ZealousD said:
If Bang gets into Lambda, she's fucked. Even in CT it was difficult for Nu to escape from hardcore close-range pressure.
Well yeah, but that's why Lambda has gravity and a good command backdash. 35-65 isn't exactly a pleasant matchup, but it's not totally imbalanced either.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
_dementia said:
but everyone know vampires are hot these days

675414490_3mN9N-L.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fugu said:
Tager mirrors play like Street Fighter matches with freakishly large characters and no hadoukens.

With double magnetism and random warps across the screen! :lol

Fugu said:
Tager mirrors play like Street Fighter matches with freakishly large characters and no hadoukens.

No way. Tager has that big ass energy projectile.

Tager is far more versatile than your stock SF2/4 big guy. He's like the logical extension of the SF3 big guy.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You know what they should do with Unlimited characters?

Let's say you're doing a best of 5, and you get all the way to the fifth round. If you get a double KO on that last round, the next match instantly turns both characters into their Unlimited forms. :lol

Kintaro said:
Count me in as picking up the US version. I always played Ragna because in my head, it was like a futuristic Gintoki. :lol

that's hilarious, cause I thought the same thing.

ESPECIALLY after I heard his voice

Tylahedras said:
I hear this fighting game actually kind of has a story? Is it a big enough deal to buy the first one and follow along? Is it any good or normal fighting game crap?

CS will probably explain it to you but I do suggest watching a playthrough of all the stories on YouTube. The story is real engaging and draws you right in.

It's a must to watch Teach Me, Miss Litchi though. It's sets up the premise of BB and the comedy involved is worth the watch as well.

And I think Rule 34 was called too soon. We at least need the weekend for the net to get this going and more visible. GO MAKOTO!!!!

I think I just got more excited to play as Hazama. The US version will feature Doug Erholtz, who does Gin from the Bleach anime. Looking forward to that very much

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I kinda wish Blazblue had the option to select Eng/JPN voices by char like what SF4 does.

I actually like the dub voices, they're all done well, except Hakumen's. I'd want to put his in Japanese.

It's kinda like how SF4 has good voices in JPN, but a few chars sound better in English.

arstal said:
I kinda wish Blazblue had the option to select Eng/JPN voices by char like what SF4 does.

I actually like the dub voices, they're all done well, except Hakumen's. I'd want to put his in Japanese.

It's kinda like how SF4 has good voices in JPN, but a few chars sound better in English.
This. Let's see if this version DOES actually includes a feature like that this time around.

arstal said:

Understandable his English VA doesn't fit his size if I had to word it.

arstal said:

Irrelevant, the less fighting game characters run off at the mouth; the better. Absolutely can't stand the retarded speeches in SF4 and BB:CT was the chatty Cathy of fighting games.

Voices also don't matter as I'll never touch story mode. :lol

I don't think this game has per-character voice options. I'll ask the Aksys FAQ thread.
The game does let you switch the announcer voice with each character though (So say, you want Carl's voice to say "The Wheel of Fate is Turning" before every round, you can).

_dementia said:
I don't think this game has per-character voice options. I'll ask the Aksys FAQ thread.
The game does let you switch the announcer voice with each character though (So say, you want Carl's voice to say "The Wheel of Fate is Turning" before every round, you can).

I'll be sure to set it to Noel's voice then.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:

The FAQ said it doesn't. Shame, but no biggie. Hakumen's voice isn't terrible.

Fugu

viewtiful_dru said:
RAGOONA ZA BURAADO EDJIIIIII
&#12376;&#12419;&#12354;&#23398;&#12435;&#12384;&#12424;&#12290;

I'll be bringing the smack on PS3, what about you folks?

Luminate said:
Tao is mid-high tier? I'm okay with this.

Too bad I haven't played in months and forgot most of her combos.
Don't worry about it. They're all new anyway.

remz

Urban Scholar said:
I think I just got more excited to play as Hazama. The US version will feature Doug Erholtz, who does Gin from the Bleach anime. Looking forward to that very much
Looks like Gin, sounds like Gin, is a massive pain in the ass to play as

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
someone tell me how i feel about dlc characters in a fighter. :\
kokonoe instant buy either way

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tylahedras said:
Read it on a wiki or something, the story isn't bad though and the dub is actually overall pretty damn good too well at least to me. But yes the game actually has a lot of story. Guilty Gear had a lot too.

notworksafe

xero273 said:
dlc is region locked so you need to buy from jpn store.
Crap. I guess that means I'd need a Japanese credit card as well. I suppose I'll wait for the US release then.

EDIT: Are there Japanese PSN cards? Maybe I could do that.

xero273

notworksafe said:
Crap. I guess that means I'd need a Japanese credit card as well. I suppose I'll wait for the US release then.

If you really want to get the jpn version, you can get jpn psn cards to purchase the dlc. I think you can buy those off ebay. Maybe a gaffer familiar with this can tell us the best way to buy jpn psn cards.

notworksafe

Eh, it's sounding like more trouble then it's worth. I think I'll just wait for the US version and spend the extra money on the Steam sale. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's easy enough to get PSN cards or J-XBL points from various sites (or just hit up someone you know living there, Paypal them the cash, and let them go to a convenience store and mail you the code). It's also going to be pretty likely that the XBL content will be the same for both versions, so you could just buy the American DLC and use that with no problems. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to PSN.

But keep in mind that the Japanese versions are supposedly NOT going to have English text this time around, so if that matters to you (this applies to the story mode mainly), just wait.

JEKKI

Urban Scholar said:
I think it would be awesome if it was Doug Funnie instead

thundr51

ZealousD said:
The Aksys Q&A confirmed that it's not region-free.

BOOO! It's like they hate money or something. Oh well, at least it's coming here at all. Meanwhile time to get back into practice with Noel. Maybe with all of the changes I'll somehow suck less..:lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
thundr51 said:
BOOO! It's like they hate money or something. Oh well, at least it's coming here at all. Meanwhile time to get back into practice with Noel. Maybe with all of the changes I'll somehow suck less..:lol

No reason why it wouldn't, the original sold well over expectations.

hxa155

remz said:
Looks like Gin, sounds like Gin, is a massive pain in the ass to play as

whaaa? Is he really difficult to play as? I'm sick of Ragna and Tager, so I was planning on making him my new main. I hope he's not hard for a casual hardcore gamer like me to learn him.

Lucentto

Banned
I mained Ragna in CT, I didn't think he was too hard to play as. His combos weren't too hard to get down either. But his lack of health fucked me over a lot though.

Top Bottom