• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

luka

Loves Robotech S1
QisTopTier said:
DLC Nu is Unlimited Lambda -.-

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/685

Q: Will there be DLC characters?
A: Yes, indeedy! Makoto was just recently announced in this week’s Famitsu. Watch this space for updates to when she’ll be released and for future DLC characters. For you conspiracy theorists, Makoto is NOT on the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift disc nor are any of the future DLC characters, so you’re not just purchasing simple unlock code.

Q: What new stuff is in the game?
A: - 3 new modes (in addition to all the modes from Calamity Trigger), Challenge Mode, Tutorial, Legion (sort of it was in the PSP version of the game)
- 3 new characters for the home console version (Hazama, Tsubaki, Mu-12)
- All-new story mode, with English voice-overs and cinematics
- Nu is back as an unlimited character.

This implies that unlimited Lambda is not in fact DLC.

remz

Eh... Wow. I am getting this, but not really all that hyped, even if I keep hearing Bang is O SO STRONG now. (I still don't know WHY, I just know he has a new super?) There are many things I like in BB, but just as many that rub me the wrong way.
basically all his moves are better now. Almost every single one.
QisTopTier said:
well Im just saying Nu isn't really in the game as a usable character in ranked and such :lol
Right, right. good to know. Fuck Nu.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
luka said:
wbt4lu.jpg

:lol :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
remz said:

Right, right. good to know. Fuck Nu.

actually, Lambda is a bit more annoying =D have fun being armor breaked 50 thousand times

remz

QisTopTier said:
actually, Lambda is a bit more annoying =D have fun being armor breaked 50 thousand times
Better then getting D'd the fuck out from across the screen.

I've played CS, I still like fighting Lambda more then Nu
So what is the difference between Lambda and Nu, aside from color?
Some new moves, some moves taken out. Completely different combos and shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
remz said:

Hmm, that's... I don't know if it's GOOD to know, but it's nice, anywho! XD Looking at that Arukune 115 hit combo thing linked to earlier still makes we question Arc System Works game design philosophies...

Between the two games, the character lost the teleport move but gained a few others as Lambda.

In this game, Nu will probably just be an overpowered Lambda with the teleport back in and some other ridiculous things, but no one knows for sure yet.

remz

SAB CA said:
Hmm, that's... I don't know if it's GOOD to know, but it's nice, anywho! XD Looking at that Arukune 115 hit combo thing linked to earlier still makes we question Arc System Works game design philosophies...
Bang being on top just feels so right.

fu rin ka zaaan bitches!

Ashkeloth

Already preordered for import to the UK.

I might finally sit down and try to learn Taokaka's more intricate combos now, since Bang will probably get a lot of hate online for being a top tier.

I'll also be picking Hazama up like 90% of Blazblue players. Hopefully he won't become the next Jin. Judging by some of his combos, coupled with his overall lack of mobility without using his drive, there's not much chance of that. Also he has no Shoryuken or fireball moves. :lol.

Makoto also sounds my sort of character, judging from the comments about her overall speed, but I'm not sure if I can play underboob anime squirrel girl without feeling embarassed, honestly.

I'm pretty disappointed that tehere's not a lote of new characters.. You guys think that if i'll get the European version Makoto will be free?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Johnanderson said:
I'm pretty disappointed that tehere's not a lote of new characters.. You guys think that if i'll get the European version Makoto will be free?
Eh? Tsubaki, Hazama, Mu, Makoto, plus 2 more isn't a lot of new characters? It's not like this is street fighter where they just hack together a few moves and normals and go WORK WITH THIS LOL. The characters in this have a lot more to them :lol Honestly I was satisfied with just Hazama and Tsubaki.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Johnanderson said:

You are getting 4 new original and playable characters, for an update I think its quite good. It's not like SSF4 which they just "adapted" old characters to SF4 system, I mean they didn't have to create a new moveset for most of them. Creating a character from 0 takes a bit more time IMO.

And I doubt Makoto will be free by the time EU ver comes out, but now that you mention EU... I remember the EU trailer saying 7 NEW characters, so could we expect 3 more DLC characters in the future? Hmmm...

luka

Loves Robotech S1
QisTopTier said:
S: Litchi, Bang, Ragna
A: Carl, Hakumen, Taokaka, Lambda, Hazama, Arakune
B: Jin, Tsubaki, Noel
B-: Tager
C:
D:
E:
F:
R: Rachel

Fixed for accuracy.

I am uncertain if I will wait for the European release or not. Pretty sure we get it full priced here :(. About DLC content, can you just use your US account to purchase stuff? just a curiousity.

Coeliacus

storafötter said:
I am uncertain if I will wait for the European release or not. Pretty sure we get it full priced here :(. About DLC content, can you just use your US account to purchase stuff? just a curiousity.

If you mean PSN, your US DLC will only work with the US copy of the game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
So what's everyone picking this up on? I'm kinda leaning towards 360 this time around though I've played more on the PS3.

From what I've seen

It's pretty even split between consoles-both overall and GAF.

PS3 will be tourney standard.

Hyphen

storafötter said:

My main PSN account is European (UK citizen), but I have the US version of Calamity Trigger. Using my 'made up' US PSN account, I purchased the DLC for additional colours for all characters, and I was still able to select all the new colours whilst using my European PSN account. I plan on purchasing the US version of Continuum Shift, and hoping the DLC will work in the same way - Purchase via US PSN account, but can utilise it via my European PSN account.

Canti

Hyphen said:
My main PSN account is European (UK citizen), but I have the US version of Calamity Trigger. Using my 'made up' US PSN account, I purchased the DLC for additional colours for all characters, and I was still able to select all the new colours whilst using my European PSN account. I plan on purchasing the US version of Continuum Shift, and hoping the DLC will work in the same way - Purchase via US PSN account, but can utilise it via my European PSN account.
I did the same as you and imported CT US to UK. I never got the colours DLC as I couldn't use my Visa on the US PSN store, how did you get around it, buy PSN cards online or something? I'm thinking of importing CS too but not if I can't purchase the new character DLC later in the year.

Ashkeloth

Canti said:
I did the same as you and imported CT US to UK. I never got the colours DLC as I couldn't use my Visa on the US PSN store, how did you get around it, buy PSN cards online or something? I'm thinking of importing CS too but not if I can't purchase the new character DLC later in the year.

Lots of US PSN cards on ebay. Just pay up and the seller will email you the code to whatever your ebay email address is.

You could always ask a US GAFfer to do the same as well if you don't trust ebay.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Canti said:
how did you get around it, buy PSN cards online or something?

Yep. That's what I did with valkyria add-ons on jpsn (the only console dlc I've bought, ever).

Hyphen

Canti said:

As Ashkeloth (great name by the way) and luka mentioned, I bought a US PSN card using my credit card, and the code was emailed to me after about 5 minutes. It wasn't purchased through ebay though, I bought it from an actual website. Not sure if I'm allowed to state the name of the site though.

Drame

Had no idea this was coming to Europe.

Meh, I'll just pre-order from Axelmusic, and get a PSN card to get my Makoto, rawr.

Me and my friends are pretty pumped for CS. Be it spamming Ice Carz or not we'll have a good time.

Hyphen said:

Thanks was thinking you could do it along those lines :)
Looking forward to this as I past on the previous game waiting for the additional content version.

thundr51

I'm digging the LE and the collector in my wants it to match with my CT LE. Does anybody know if this game is region locked on 360?

Fugu said:
I main Bang and all I have to say is ...ya'll are fuuucked.:lol

Edit: This made me LOL.

farranpoison@dustloop said:
Makes sense.

Since I'm so happy seeing my old buddy Haku so high on the list....

WOULD YOU LIKE TO USE CS STONE? *YES*

What? HAKUMEN is evolving!

HAKUMEN evolved from LOW TIER to HIGH TIER!

HAKUMEN learned STAB!

HAKUMEN learned BARRIER!

HAKUMEN is trying to learn AWESOME. However, he has four moves already. What move should be forgotten?

Poof! HAKUMEN forgot SUCK. And... HAKUMEN learned AWESOME!

EYEL1NER

Wow, I was suprised to see this pop up on Amazon when I was on there a second ago...
I want that Limited Edition though damnit!!!

So Jin and Ranga are now considered middle ground? I find no problems with this. I will like to use Hazama, his zoning and versatility is rather appealing. _dementia kudos on the thread and clever subtitle. 1 month for US wait.

Degen

My boy Hakumen went from being the shit despite obvious flaws to... being the shit, period?

I'm okay with this.

Top-tier thread, thanks _dementia

ZealousD said:
This is better balanced that CT but there's still work to be done. According to this chart, Bang and Litchi in CS are about as crazy as Rachael and Nu in CT.

And what did they do to Rachel to make her suck so much? She was top tier in CT but very difficult to use.

Mainly it's her damage. You could see her rape someone and it would end up as time out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
thundr51 said:
I'm digging the LE and the collector in my wants it to match with my CT LE. Does anybody know if this game is region locked on 360?

No one knows yet, but Calamity Trigger was region-free.

Volcynika

I would consider getting the import for PS3, but I'm too lazy to go deal with getting the DLC from the JP store whenever it's released, so a month wait for me!

Top Bottom