• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

I don't know what to think about weemads claim, the whole "don't argo me" part could very well be scum trying to make sure chair don't try to NK them. Still, I am willing to see if weemad comes with more concrete things to prove their role later in the game. Staying on haly for now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
apPmzS3.gif

Sorry, but last second role claim time????

Not exactly.

My power activates tomorrow. My role does not mention an alignment change but i cannot be investigated after tonight.

I am requesting protection. I am requesting investigation. Don't let me die tonight. Don't lynch me. I can take care of myself after. I will be incredibly useful to town tomorrow but it is important y'all trust me so that is why i want the investigation now. Don't claim when you find me town, don't expose yourself, but know and share it when you claim.

My vote between haly and weemad stands on weemad. Looks like we're lynching haly so i hope that's right but i implore you to prioritize protection on me over weemad. We won't lose without me but i will survive to endgame if you protect me and believe I'm town.

'Twas the night of the blood moon, and all through the town;
Every creature was stirring, and Haly wore a frown;
The townspeople tied him right up in the square,
In hopes that that they'd captured a monster most rare.
As he burned on the stake the flames popped and crackled;
When out of thin air there arose quite the cackle.
"You foolish townspeople, so addled with blood,
Have killed one of your own, a man most understood.
The blood moon has strengthened both me and my kin,
So perhaps now the true hunt can finally begin!"
A tinge of regret surged through every parent, son and daughter,
Haly, an Ordinary Yharnamite, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Haly. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There’s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.

During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I’m afraid that’s the extent of your power.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Day 3 has ended.

The blood still flows within:

01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
03 [-] Nudull - New
04 [m] MickD - New
05 [-] Weemadarthur
06 [m] Camjo-Z
07 [m] Kristoffer
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
10 [m] Haly
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
13 [m] EzekelRAGE
14 [m] Flame_AC
15 [m] CrimsonFist
16 [m] johnnyquicknives
17 [m] Never Forever
18 [-] Seath
19 [m] Mazre
20 [m] Palmer_v1
21 [m] roytheone
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead
24 [m] Kalor

The Hunt resumes in:

red_1467234000.png

What a horrible night to have a hunt.

The moon hangs low in the sky, a sanguine sphere spectating the scuffle from its celestial perch.

Its red light shines upon two corpses, arranged in a twisted diorama.

One wears the garb of a constable, their blue uniform stained crimson by the countless gaping wounds bored into their flesh.

The other is no more remarkable than the previous night's victims, which causes their futile demise to be all the more tragic.

The curtain has been drawn on this cosmic ballet, and the truth is becoming quickly evident to all who purvey the once-charming town of Yharnam.

Nudull, The League Constable, and Never Forever, an Ordinary Yharnamite, have been slaughtered.

Welcome, Nudull. The Blood tells me that you are the League Constable. You are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Ah, Constable. It is, of course, admirable that you work so hard to do your job during these dangerous days. With such wild men and beasts haunting our streets, it must be all you can do to figure out who is man, and who is beast.

During each night, you can investigate a player by PMing ScraftyDevil the command INVESTIGATE: <NAME>. You will be informed of that player&#8217;s alignment, and also the extent to which certain&#8230; powers have hold over them.

Good luck, Servant of Law.

Welcome, Never Forever. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That&#8217;s the Town.)

Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There&#8217;s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.

During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I&#8217;m afraid that&#8217;s the extent of your power.

Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Day 4 begins.

The blood still flows within:

01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
03 [-] Nudull - New
04 [m] MickD - New
05 [-] Weemadarthur
06 [m] Camjo-Z
07 [m] Kristoffer
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
10 [m] Haly
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
13 [m] EzekelRAGE
14 [m] Flame_AC
15 [m] CrimsonFist
16 [m] johnnyquicknives
17 [m] Never Forever
18 [-] Seath
19 [m] Mazre
20 [m] Palmer_v1
21 [m] roytheone
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead
24 [m] Kalor

Majority is 9 votes.

The Blood Moon rises in:

red_1467579600.png

Kalor

Well, time to see if Nudall breadcrumbed their results. It's an odd choice of targets, I wouldn't have expected Never Forever or Nudall to be killed.

roytheone

Just a notice : I will be very busy the coming week so my activity will probably be lower.

On to game related things : time to make good on your promise pandas, what have you got? Because I think last minute asking for protection and investigation while not giving details is very scummy.

Of the two deaths

If scum killed nudull: we have to acknowledge that scum may have some sort of role investigation or tracker ability. They caught him investigating/ investigated him night 2 so they killed him night 3. I think we needs to see if anyone tried to throw shade on nudull day 3.

If scum killed NeverForever: not as conclusive a way to determine Why. We need to hear back from our serial killer...

roytheone

Of the two deaths

If scum killed nudull: we have to acknowledge that scum may have some sort of role investigation or tracker ability. They caught him investigating/ investigated him night 2 so they killed him night 3. I think we needs to see if anyone tried to throw shade on nudull day 3.

If scum killed NeverForever: not as conclusive a way to determine Why. We need to hear back from our serial killer...

Riorus was that judging from the role pm. I doubt they have two.

Verelios

We need to lynch Johnnyquicknives.

Vote: Johnnyquicknives
That's a quick turnover. You and buddy cop Kris aren't trying a patsy play are you? Guess we'll see later in the day.

As I said yesterday, Johnnyquicknives is suspicious scum, I'll put my vote on him.

Vote: Johnnyquicknives

My power activates tomorrow. My role does not mention an alignment change but i cannot be investigated after tonight.

I am requesting protection. I am requesting investigation. Don't let me die tonight. Don't lynch me. I can take care of myself after. I will be incredibly useful to town tomorrow but it is important y'all trust me so that is why i want the investigation now. Don't claim when you find me town, don't expose yourself, but know and share it when you claim.

My vote between haly and weemad stands on weemad. Looks like we're lynching haly so i hope that's right but i implore you to prioritize protection on me over weemad. We won't lose without me but i will survive to endgame if you protect me and believe I'm town.

"You foolish townspeople, so addled with blood,
Have killed one of your own, a man most understood.
The blood moon has strengthened both me and my kin,
So perhaps now the true hunt can finally begin!"
welp

squidyj

fep needs to talk or die.

in the meantime I want to hear more about weemad's role claim. Your spooky bullshit isn't going to save you from scum if you're as town as you say you are. lay your cards on the table.

Squid seems to be town, as far as I'm concerned. weemadarthur, I'm leaning towards town, though I admit I've had some early doubts. Camjo? Ehhhhh.

As for scum? Kristoffer, Chair and Seath I've mentioned already. All three of them have displayed some level of suspicious behavior, and I'm not about to let go just yet. The fact that they're beginning to gang up on me only makes things more interesting. Vanguard's made a good point about Haly as well, who I've had an eye on. Getting defended by the first scum we've killed brings up a lot of implications, though it could just as easily have been a diversion.

New players being thrown into the mix now sort of muddies things, but I'll see what they do first. I recognize that it's crunch time on Day 2, so I'll need to think a bit on my vote.

roytheone

Our vig ended up killing the cop that was crucial in understanding panda's role

I'm dying

I hope nudull didn't actually target fep. Never go do the obvious target as the cop, that's just a recipe for disaster. Especially if the target himself wants to get investigated. Way to risky.

Night 2, maybe they checked Johnny? Although the push for that lynch doesn't seem to be overly strong. Can't see anything else that could be a breadcrumb on day 3 though.

Interesting that scum didn't block or redirect you Freak. Especially since I don't think you said who you were going to shoot yesterday did you?

Kalor

So I went through Nudull's posts after N1 where they talk about who they suspect or don't suspect.

D2:

Squid seems to be town, as far as I'm concerned. weemadarthur, I'm leaning towards town, though I admit I've had some early doubts. Camjo? Ehhhhh.

As for scum? Kristoffer, Chair and Seath I've mentioned already. All three of them have displayed some level of suspicious behavior, and I'm not about to let go just yet. The fact that they're beginning to gang up on me only makes things more interesting. Vanguard's made a good point about Haly as well, who I've had an eye on. Getting defended by the first scum we've killed brings up a lot of implications, though it could just as easily have been a diversion.

New players being thrown into the mix now sort of muddies things, but I'll see what they do first. I recognize that it's crunch time on Day 2, so I'll need to think a bit on my vote.

D3:

I wouldn't lose sleep over a Haly lynch, but then again, I've been pretty neutral about my feelings there. I'm sorta leaning more towards johnnyquicknives or someone else, but I'll think on this a bit.

I'm just not convinced enough to vote on Haly, right now. Between johnnyquicknives and weemadarthur, I'm leaning towards the former. No one's made a solid argument about johnny not being scum (even after asking), while weemadarthur seems a little more town-y. Making up my mind here.

VOTE: johnnyquicknives

So they only had two nights where they could investigate and potentially report results so we don't have a lot to go off. I presume that on N1 they hit a town member of either Squidy or weemad. Based on the fact that they weren't sure about weemad yesterday and were more confidant in Squidy that they targeted Squidy and they were town.

For N2 I think Nudull targeted johnnyquicknives based on how they kept returning to the idea that they were scum. Nudull did switch their vote to Haly but in their vote post they said that they "didn't want to take any chances."

Kalor

Posted that by mistake but my last point was that it could all mean nothing. Maybe they didn't incorporate their results into their read lists or just didn't try to communicate them clearly.

roytheone

Posted that by mistake but my last point was that it could all mean nothing. Maybe they didn't incorporate their results into their read lists or just didn't try to communicate them clearly.

This may be a long shot, but since you went through nudulls posts and something that jumped out to me in the posts you quoted. Do they use the word "seems" ever for more then 1 person in day 2 and 3?

Kalor

This may be a long shot, but since you went through nudulls posts and something that jumped out to me in the posts you quoted. Do they use the word "seems" ever for more then 1 person in day 2 and 3?

The only other time "seems" is used besides the quotes I already posted is

I didn't want to throw a vote on Kris again, but it seems likely that a lynching will happen for him tonight. Why not, I suppose.

VOTE: kristoffer

The only other time "seems" is used besides the quotes I already posted is
I will be quick to note that that was many posts into the start of Day 2. There's no way he investigated both squidyj AND me when there was only one night phase. I am willing to bet the first read he gave that day on squidyj was his investigation, though.

Verelios

I will be quick to note that that was many posts into the start of Day 2. There's no way he investigated both squidyj AND me when there was only one night phase. I am willing to bet the first read he gave that day on squidyj was his investigation, though.
Convenient interpretation.

There's nothing to make good on really. I did what I did specifically to gain trust, really bad luck that the fucking vig killed the investigator I was relying on to help clear me.

Here's what I will tell you. If there is a beast faction I have not joined it but I have at least partially transformed. If there is an insight mechanic it does not involve me. My role pm just indicated that I would activate after n3. This is why I have been doubtful of chair, though, who claims to be tasked with clearing out beats when scum shows no beasts and my town-aligned role is kind of beastly. Nudull's PM actually works in Chair's favor though imo. My suspicions have lessened but I would surely appreciate it if the vig got his shit together anyway. More and more it looks like we have two scum teams with only one NK in the church. Could still have neutrals. If other people transformed today shit could get cray tonight.

Like I said, we won't lose without my role. I'm no ascetic one-shot NK immune serial killer cop or anything. But as I indicated, no one will be able to get results off of me anymore. I can't receive protection any more but I also don't need it. I won't reveal the specifics of my power by request but it will become evident. I can be killed. If you lynch me I will die. If you don't trust me I will be around the rest of the game. My only goal is eliminating threats to the town so I request you let me do me for now.

Moving on, seems verelios may be cleared? Nudull rode him for two days and then hopped off completely d3. I'll need to read his posts more carefully tonight when I have some time.

roytheone

Just because someone is dead, please still respect the pronoun preferences.

And yeah, that quote about you doesn't directly reference your alignment, so if seems is indeed the trigger word, I think squidy is the more likely investigation.

MickD

VOTE: johnnyquicknives

My scum list keeps getting shorter and turning up Milhouse. Ya'll are some sneaky mofo's.. Did nudull even try to protect himself? Seems like his statements we're simply buried, I'm pretty sure this is common with townsfolk? So say we get majority does the day/night cycle speed up?

roytheone

There's nothing to make good on really. I did what I did specifically to gain trust, really bad luck that the fucking vig killed the investigator I was relying on to help clear me.

Here's what I will tell you. If there is a beast faction I have not joined it but I have at least partially transformed. If there is an insight mechanic it does not involve me. My role pm just indicated that I would activate after n3. This is why I have been doubtful of chair, though, who claims to be tasked with clearing out beats when scum shows no beasts and my town-aligned role is kind of beastly. Nudull's PM actually works in Chair's favor though imo. My suspicions have lessened but I would surely appreciate it if the vig got his shit together anyway. More and more it looks like we have two scum teams with only one NK in the church. Could still have neutrals. If other people transformed today shit could get cray tonight.

Like I said, we won't lose without my role. I'm no ascetic one-shot NK immune serial killer cop or anything. But as I indicated, no one will be able to get results off of me anymore. I can't receive protection any more but I also don't need it. I won't reveal the specifics of my power by request but it will become evident. I can be killed. If you lynch me I will die. If you don't trust me I will be around the rest of the game. My only goal is eliminating threats to the town so I request you let me do me for now.

Moving on, seems verelios may be cleared? Nudull rode him for two days and then hopped off completely d3. I'll need to read his posts more carefully tonight when I have some time.

I assume from this post that you can't be night killed now. And you decide to be open about this instead of trying to trick scum in wasting a kill on you.... Why?

Verelios

Verelios is like a pastiche of myself, to wit, all of the hounding but none of the tact. En garde, Healing Church!
Wooooow. No one's going to comment on how most of his scum reads flipped town? This is an obvious agenda, firstly by not explaining his actions/thoughts and hoping everything flips up gold, and secondly by choosing a random patsy.

Unfortunately, Nudull happened to be an investigator so, well, not looking good huh Kris.

And before anyone says anything about Kris joining the Ri'orius lynch, he only did that to save himself. Let's see how you refrain from explaining yourself once again though, while every night gets you closer to the pyre.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nudull is dead, as am I, but come on. We already had at least 2-3 occasions where a mod had to correct pronoun usage. Respect Nudull's choice, please. We ask players to indicate their preferred pronouns for a reason.

Top Bottom