• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Oops, didn't see these replies till now. In 13 hours I'll be giving a presentation on the sociopolitical movements surrounding gender and their impact on public health. Honestly, Amygdala is scarier, haha.

No worries, and good luck with your presentation! I'm sometimes playing until 1am UK time, so if that works for you by all means fire me a message and we'll see what we can do.

I can get Defiled Amygdala to 1/3 health without healing once. Then, of course, she OHKOs me with the blue slam which seems to hit in random places.

Fuck this dungeon :(

I can get Defiled Amygdala to 1/3 health without healing once. Then, of course, she OHKOs me with the blue slam which seems to hit in random places.

Fuck this dungeon :(

During that phase you can run under her and hit her right leg. If you stay there and stand still when she jumps, she can't hit you. I was stuck at the exact same part and figuring that out made her a breeze.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
During that phase you can run under her and hit her right leg. If you stay there and stand still when she jumps, she can't hit you. I was stuck at the exact same part and figuring that out made her a breeze.

Yep it takes a long time but you can get through her final phase quite easily without taking a single hit if you just stick to her legs/tail. When she jumps just stand still. If you time it right you can charge and R2 and hit her in the face when she lands.

Yep it takes a long time but you can get through her final phase quite easily without taking a single hit if you just stick to her legs/tail. When she jumps just stand still. If you time it right you can charge and R2 and hit her in the face when she lands.

I figured it out on my own, thanks dudes. It was no point standing in front of her so I tried the good ol' Dark Souls 2 way of hiding behind the huge boss. Did not know about the "stand still to not get damage" so I just rolled in the last moment. Sometimes I got hit but it never OHKO'd me and I had 20 vials anyway. After what was an eternity I killed her, yes!!!

I opened the last Ithyl Dungeon (with the main boss) and you know what I did immediately after that?

Sold ALL THOSE SHITTY MATERIALS (Tomb Moulds, Blood Tier 5, Flowers etc.) for a whopping 340 000 Souls and gained 3 levels!!! (before I returned back to Amygdala I did the Great Isz for 2 Red Jellies).

How cool is that, huh?

3 more bosses to go and I am DONE WITH THE CHALICE GARBAGE - worst part of a otherwise 10/10 game.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Congrats on getting through defiled - feels good right?

As you had a rough time with Keeper I'm intrigued to hear how you get on with Pthumerian Descendant.

grmlin

Well, reading all your posts about the dungeons and the platinum make me want to give it another try, too.

Killed Rom today, what a cakewalk with the pizza cutter.

psyfi

Banned
Yeah, I've messed around in two or three chalice dungeons and I'm definitely not bothering anymore. It'd be cool to get the plat, but I don't care that much. I play games to have fun.

Oidisco

I'm playing the Old Hunters DLC and in the Research Hall I accidentally fell off the stairs and died, and now my Blood Echoes seem to have disappeared. I had 60k which isn't too big of a deal, but it's still annoying.

I'm playing the Old Hunters DLC and in the Research Hall I accidentally fell off the stairs and died, and now my Blood Echoes seem to have disappeared. I had 60k which isn't too big of a deal, but it's still annoying.

Maybe an enemy have it , the blood echoes sometimes stay where you fell or close of a cliff

Oidisco

Maybe an enemy have it , the blood echoes sometimes stay where you fell or close of a cliff

Nah I've explored the area where I fell and killed all nearby enemies and they're nowhere to be found. I'll look around a little bit more but if I can't find them it's not that big of a deal like I said

Leiru

Hey guys i have a problem i cant go online in bloodborne. it fine yesterday and all other games i can go online. Any ideas?

Edit: got it to work. Apparently you can't go online if you are in invisible mode

psyfi

Banned
Just beat Mergo's Wet Nurse. GOOD LORD what a cool boss design.

Late Game Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT THE DREAM IS ON FIRE :(

Edit : And now I'm helping people out with co-op for the first time. It's fun, it's nice to go back and be the one to help. pay it forward :'-)

jviggy43

So started a character that I want to go STR/ARC for the holy moonlight. Never built a magic type character in a souls game and I know BB is probably the most limited of the bunch for this build, but any tips and advice? Trying to figure out what early build weapons I want to run with (Using Axe/Saw Spear currently).

Moltov cocktails seem to be in short supply in the early goings so I figure ill pump stats into endurance/str/vit for now until more Arcan stuff becomes useful. Just beat BSB. Any insight (ha...ha...) would be appreciated.

So started a character that I want to go STR/ARC for the holy moonlight. Never built a magic type character in a souls game and I know BB is probably the most limited of the bunch for this build, but any tips and advice? Trying to figure out what early build weapons I want to run with (Using Axe/Saw Spear currently).

Moltov cocktails seem to be in short supply in the early goings so I figure ill pump stats into endurance/str/vit for now until more Arcan stuff becomes useful. Just beat BSB. Any insight (ha...ha...) would be appreciated.

You can use the axe while diving into the game with its low str scaling , Tonitrus is a good arc candidate while you are leveling up Arc. Rush into the DLC for the Boom Hammer for an early Arc weapon if you like its fire passive is wonderful on some enemies and have a fun mechanic

jviggy43

You can use the axe while diving into the game with its low str scaling , Tonitrus is a good arc candidate while you are leveling up Arc. Rush into the DLC for the Boom Hammer for an early Arc weapon if you like its fire passive is wonderful on some enemies and have a fun mechanic

Cool thank you so much. On my 7 or 8th playthrough and this is the first time ive ever used the Tonitrus. Does it get buffed max on one L1 charge or does multiple charges make it stronger?

Congrats on getting through defiled - feels good right?

As you had a rough time with Keeper I'm intrigued to hear how you get on with Pthumerian Descendant.

You weren't kidding, lol. Guy was absolutely vicious. He killed me 8 times and in the end I still did not memorize his all attacks - I was just always dodging twice (that's the key) and then hitting him. The first few tries I was using Ludwig's unsheathed (just like for Fire Witch) and thought I could spam him to death. Didn't work that well :| In the end I switched back to my trusty old Axe and heavy R2 him every time (just once).

The good news is that I have only 2 bosses left in Chalice.

The bad news is that I am running out of vials due to constant dying to thoses bosses.

Melchiah

You weren't kidding, lol. Guy was absolutely vicious. He killed me 8 times and in the end I still did not memorize his all attacks - I was just always dodging twice (that's the key) and then hitting him. The first few tries I was using Ludwig's unsheathed (just like for Fire Witch) and thought I could spam him to death. Didn't work that well :| In the end I switched back to my trusty old Axe and heavy R2 him every time (just once).

The good news is that I have only 2 bosses left in Chalice.

The bad news is that I am running out of vials due to constant dying to thoses bosses.

It took me ages to beat that bastard on solo (beat him on co-op the first time). No other boss has given me so much trouble, and I consider myself lucky that I managed to evade his last attack, which would have surely killed me.

The next one is pretty hard as well, and hits like truck. The last one is one of my favorite boss fights in the game. She can kill you easily with a single area attack, but she's not that hard compared to those two.

grmlin

If you invest into arcane the upgraded flamesprayer will make all beast bosses pretty much a joke fight.
Later on it get's tough though. I stopped playing my arcane char at some point. It felt so unsatisfying because ALL YOU DO is limited by the amount of bullets. Very meh.

Off to see the Queen - the Beast is down (3rd try). He was almost identical to the Last Giant in DS2 but 1000x harder. He has this lunge attack with a long wind up that OHKOd me once and the other time hit for 1400 HP (!!!). I was flabbergasted at this attack! One swipe!

And it's done. Surprisingly I killed the Queen on my first try learning her attacks during the fight. The ending was SUPER TENSE as I was out of vials. The Axe +10 is really a BEAST with that reach and speed. She had literally 1% health left when she teleported once again and duplicated. When I finally ran back towards her she was on her knees starting that blue force field magic. I landed the killing blow in the very last moment, woohooooooo!

bloodborne_2017021710its4x.jpg

My stats:

bloodborne_2017021710i6sk0.jpg

All solo, no parrying ever. Although I used the gun in the Queen battle to get rid of the duplicates (but ran out of bullets soon, ehhh).

I can finally move on to DLC and try on Ludwig. Last time I tried him was at level 45. I hope he will be easier now :)

Funny how I gained 42 levels in the Chalice Dungeons, huh? Only doing the absolute minimum *and* skipping last dungeon enemies - just running to the levers. And got my ATK rating to 707. Last time I beat Gehrman just to beat the game (copied saves beforehand) I was LVL91. I think I will destroy him after I go back from the DLC, lmao.

I am at the moment where I can:

1) kill the last boss and finish the game <--- 20 minutes max

OR

do the following:

1) kill Daughter (done)
2) kill Martyr (done)
3) kill Ludwig
4) continue DLC
5) do Chalice Dungeons (done)

<-- 10-20 hours

Still on track. DLC now, then Gehrman (again), then NG+, then NG++. No cheating with saves copying. I will earn this Platinum the honest way.

Seems like our defense stats weren't that different after all, despite of the 55 levels of difference.

Physical DEF: 246 - 259
Damage reduction
Physical: 266 - 251
Blunt: 283 - 282
Thrust 259 - 234
Fire: 266 - 234

Mine were actually lower when it comes to the damage reduction.

Wow... kind of crazy, huh? I am very picky when it comes to attire and I always min-max it no matter how dumb it looks. Maybe that's why? I really do not understand the difference between Physical DEF and Physical Damage Reduction. Why is DEF so much more important?

Still the Defiled Fire Witch was the #1 hardest boss for me in the whole Chalice Dungeons. Cannot understand why she OHKO'd me sometimes with a single swing. I was very close to just stopping playing this game and not caring about the Platinum because of that one boss.

Melchiah

Wow crazy, huh? I am very picky when it comes to attire and I always min-max it no matter how dumb it looks.

Still the Defiled Fire Witch was #1 hardest boss for me in the whole Chalice Dungeons. Cannot understand why she OHKO'd me sometimes with a single swing.

I used the Crowfeather set throughout game just for the looks, but changed to varied gear that provided a higher physical defense when I fought Headless Bloodletting Beast and the last DLC boss, and to gear with a higher fire resistance against the optional boss in the DLC.

The hardest part with the Defiled bosses for me was avoiding the Watchdog's infuriatingly random insta-kill charge attack, and learning to stay put when Amygdala jumps, instead of instinctively trying to dodge it. It's odd how some of the bosses do different kind of attacks for different players. For example, I never witnessed Watchdog's area attack.

EDIT: Missed your edit.
I really do not understand the difference between Physical DEF and Physical Damage Reduction. Why is DEF so much more important?

I was very close to just stopping playing this game and not caring about the Platinum because of that one boss.

I dunno what's the difference either.

I summoned co-op help, when I went through Ihyll the first time. At the the time, Pthumerian Descendant was just impossible for me on solo.

L.O.R.D

i am in the end of the game,finished all secret boss,tried the DLC and the horse boss thing killed me
so i am grinding a little bit,and i have several question:

1-before i go to the boss in front of the bride lady with blood on her dress (i heard there is no turning back from here),so if i backed up my save to USB,and then played and finished the game and got the trophy for one ending,can i restore the save after that and play again to get the other ending?

2- can i kill that lady?

3-about the runes,can i stack tier 3 for the same runes when i get it again in NG+? for example,getting tier 3 of moon rune and stack them together?

4-is there an order for putting the runes to get the max benefits from them? for example,using 3 moon runes.

5- i got isz chalice,but i don't have all the components,where i find it?

Melchiah

i am in the end of the game,finished all secret boss,tried the DLC and the horse boss thing killed me

1-before i go to the boss in front of the bride lady with blood on her dress (i heard there is no turning back from here),so if i backed up my save to USB,and then played and finished the game and got the trophy for one ending,can i restore the save after that and play again to get the other ending?

2- can i kill that lady?

3-about the runes,can i stack tier 3 for the same runes when i get it again in NG+? for example,getting tier 3 of moon rune and stack them together?

4- i got isz chalice,but i don't have all the components,where i find it?

1. Defeating the boss after the lady in white moves the game to end stage, and affects the characters in the dream for the DLC. You can use the backup save to get all three endings.

2. Yes. It doesn't change anything to my knowledge.

3. The runes stack, and you have them on NG+ as well, but you don't get duplicate runes of same tier.

4. http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Isz+Chalice (check the links for the materials)

CalhounBurns

Neo Member

2- can i kill that lady?

4-is there an order for putting the runes to get the max benefits from them? for example,using 3 moon runes.

5- i got isz chalice,but i don't have all the components,where i find it?

1. No turning back is AFTER that boss fight. Backup your save after you beat that boss and you can get all three endings.

2. Yes.

3. You can stack a tier 2 and tier 3 of the same rune but if you already have them you wont find them again in ng+.

4. I don't think so.

5. You will get the materials for chalice dungeons as you go deeper into them, so start with the depth 1 Pthumeru chalice and work your way down. Great Isz is depth 5.

L.O.R.D

1. Defeating the boss after the lady in white moves the game to end stage, and affects the characters in the dream for the DLC. You can use the backup save to get all three endings.

so,the DLC (hunter nightmare) is different in NG+?
i am tried the DLC,but OMG,the annoying hunters always respawn after i die,any why to keep them died?
i can't find a torch/light in that place,i've only managed to open the door in the beginning which can save me 2 minutes.

Melchiah

i am tried the DLC,but OMG,the annoying hunters always respawn after i die,any why to keep them died?
i can't find a torch/light in that place,i've only managed to open the door in the beginning which can save me 2 minutes.

No, it changes after you defeat the 2nd boss in Nightmare of Mensis. There's some extra dialogue, that you'll miss regarding the DLC if you move past that point. The dream will change back to what it was on NG+, but the DLC will be a lot harder on NG+.

The DLC hunters respawn, but you can run past them. I dunno what torch/light you're referring to.
EDIT: I guess you meant the checkpoint lanterns, the second one in the DLC is in the first boss room. It's near the shortcut you've opened.
EDIT.2: Actually I was mistaken, there's another before the boss. It's pretty easy to run to it from the shortcut.
Here's a full map of the game, DLC included: http://i.imgur.com/xBjmm5l.jpg

grmlin

No, the hunters in the DLC are normal enemies, they'll respawn. Get good then ;)

There are some NPCs too, they'll stay dead. But first, you'll have to kill them lol.

DLC is really hard, you could farm the two pigs late game to level up first (that's what I did and it still was very hard)

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
so,after i kill that boss,the game wont move me to the end of the game?
meaning can i kill it then return and explorer the game freely?

Yes after you beat the boss standing in front of the woman in the white dress, you can continue to explore the game and the DLC freely. There is one more main story boss you have to beat to end the game and begin ng+.

L.O.R.D

another question,there is bloodvile Covenant,if i join them,can i rejoin old covenant?
because i want some items from that covenant,if yes how?

jviggy43

One thing Ive wanted to use but never understood the utility of, is the old hunters bone. Its use itself is super helpful but 4 bullets for a brief period of extra I frames? Seems like a lot. Really hoping the next installment finds a better way to utilize items like this.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Cool thank you so much. On my 7 or 8th playthrough and this is the first time ive ever used the Tonitrus. Does it get buffed max on one L1 charge or does multiple charges make it stronger?
The Tonitrus is a great weapon. I love that little sparky ball of doom.

It doesn't stack buffs. Each L1 just refreshes the buff on it.

Arcane builds rely heavily on arcane boosting gems later in the game, so you'll start slow and become OP as fuck eventually because Arcane starts scaling really well at 50 and beyond. Also because the arcane tools mostly only show up later in the game.

grmlin

One thing Ive wanted to use but never understood the utility of, is the old hunters bone. Its use itself is super helpful but 4 bullets for a brief period of extra I frames? Seems like a lot. Really hoping the next installment finds a better way to utilize items like this.

That's what I meant earlier. All the spells etc. are way too expensive bullet wise.

The Tonitrus is a great weapon. I love that little sparky ball of doom.

It doesn't stack buffs. Each L1 just refreshes the buff on it.

Arcane builds rely heavily on arcane boosting gems later in the game, so you'll start slow and become OP as fuck eventually because Arcane starts scaling really well at 50 and beyond. Also because the arcane tools mostly only show up later in the game.

Tonitrus has two weaknesses imho: it's range and it's durability. Especially buffing it will put this weapon on risk to break before reaching a boss/end of a level. Very annoying. I never used it alone.

Does insane damage later against Kin though.

The DLC is amazing. It's not a DLC but a real expansion pack.

1) I did not imagine it has optional bosses...?

You have to follow me with all this because this shit is MINDBLOWING.

So in typical souls fashion I recalled the elevator from Ludwig to Research Hall only to see if you can drop below the elevator to some sewers or something. Lo & behold an altar comes up with Laurence skull. Okay, Laurence, I've heard about him in this thread - another hard DLC boss. Okay, I will meet him later on.

I entered the DLC back on LVL45. It was pure suicide but I wanted to see it so I pushed through (even got to see Ludwig in person). Killing one of the random hunters took me like 15 vials, the random monsters were incredibly hard etc. But I pushed on and in the span of two hours managed to get all shinies possible just avoiding every enemy encountered. Back then, 40 hours ago, I entered Vicar Amelia's place and found the Eye key for Research Hall.

Fast forward to me now on LVL135 and I just want to kill all those enemies again and comb the area one last time because maybe I missed some shinies when running wildly etc. (I did not!)

So I start with the very first bonfire and go back upstairs and fight this Giant Mindflayer enemy. He is still hard and hits like a truck so I bait him INSIDE the chapel. Finally I kill him inside and I go "well since I am already here let's go see the altar with the killed Beast once more". I move few steps ahead and WHAT THE HELL - A CUTSCENE PLAYS AND A NEW BOSS COMES DOWN (!!!)

Can you imagine my utter surprsie? I could not believe my eyes.

Had I not found the Laurence skull 20 minutes ago and still wanted to clear the first area enemies I would have never encountered this boss. Incredible.

2) The random Hunters drop unique items!

This again is a big surprise. Because there are so many hunters in the first DLC area I really could not muster killing them all. But just to prove myself and have area "cleaned 100%" I started going back to each and every one of them. I was pleasantly surprised that some of them drop unique items: Oto Badge, Mini-gun, Vermin etc.

I even encountered a mini Blood-starved Beast in the cave! How crazy is this DLC?!?

---

Laurence down on 2nd try. Ludwig's R1 is just the destroyer of DLC bosses so far. I whacked him next to a wall and he was constantly getting staggered, got up, staggered etc. Then the 2nd phase started and I had to be more on the move but still managed to win it. Took me 20 vials, though.

Top Bottom