• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

eot

Banned
I just noticed that some those bullshots in the OP don't have CA. It's like they're aware it looks bad but put it in anyway.

Toxi

Banned
Is he though?

He seems perfectly fine with you killing Amygdala.
Patches constantly calls Amygdala a god and is pretty shocked when he learns you killed "Lord Amygdala". The only reason he doesn't bear a grudge is because he's Patches and he'll always beg and snivel and plead to save his own skin.

Skii

smh. I don't know if I'll ever get to that point and I've been playing (but not really finishing) these games from the first one. :(

Fun to watch.

I think it's possible for a lot of us to complete such a run but it's all about patience. Lobos is very skilled but his patience is unparalleled.

The hardest part of that run was beating G
ascoigne
as he could only deal 12 damage with the standard torch. It took him like 2 hours to defeat him.

Angry Guy

Welcome home, good Hunters.

I just started another character and I'm gonna make a bum rush to those sweet, sweet Blades of Mercy B)

Toxi

Banned

I just started another character and I'm gonna make a bum rush to those sweet, sweet Blades of Mercy B)
I'm gonna make a character before downloading the patch and do the woods skip so I can get some Arcane shit as fast as possible.

Defiled Chalice completed! It actually wasn't quite as hard as I anticipated. None of the defiled bosses took more than 3 tries to defeat. Only one more chalice for my platinum!!!!

th4tguy

I just finished the game earlier today. I thought I was going to platinum the game however I didn't realize that one of the trophies required you to go through one of the later (if not last?) chalice dungeon. Now I'm sitting here farming the materials just to go into the last one.

Alo0oy

Banned
Obligatory best hunters list!
yfNkjny.png

I barely made it.

freeze-frame-high-five.gif

I'm coming for you, super famicom.

cakely

Sorry I had this set to private earlier.

Nothing better than invading 2 guys trying to cheese you and besting them both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVAXX5Q0sA

Well, at least you didn't call them "gankers".

They were co-oping, and you invaded them. Is it considered "cheese" when they both fight you at once? This is not a sarcastic question.

I've definitely fought off invaders in the same way when I'm co-oping. Getting invaded felt like an unwanted interruption while I was helping a friend clear a level.

KPunk

Honestly having Blade of Mercy and Threaded Cane, is my fav combo. pure assault full attack go with the Blade, stepping back slow attack, the cane.

Well, at least you didn't call them "gankers".

They were co-oping, and you invaded them. Is it considered "cheese" when they both fight you at once? This is not a sarcastic question.

I've definitely fought off invaders in the same way when I'm co-oping. Getting invaded felt like an unwanted interruption while I was helping a friend clear a level.

Well I always wait and go at it one at a time but these guys wouldn't even let me bow or anything.

Skii

Torch is very easy, bloodborne pretty much sucks for challenge runs due to the lack of variety ):

I don't see how torch is very easy... Did you watch his fight with Gascoigne? Without the regain mechanic and no parries, it was an extremely difficult battle.

But I agree, there isn't a lot of variety for challenge runs at all.

DrStruts

Neo Member
Well, I felt that it was time to move on to another character now that I have completed NG+ and the main chalice dungeons. Been with her since launch and clocked around 45 hours playtime. I was quite sad when I realised it was coming to an end at the foot of the great tree. But alas, new builds, the platinum trophy, and one last ending awaits.

squidyj

I'm trying to come up with a 'fun' bloodborne playlist.

so far I've got Werewolves of London, Bad Moon Rising, and Come on Eileen.

Koh

I don't think there is any shame in a Co op pair killing an invader. Invaders I've run into tend to use mobs to their advantage anyway.

There aren't any rules of engagement as far as I'm concerned.

Skii

Guys, what's a good build for PVP using the Iosefka glitch? I'm just going to open the short cut on a new character and use the soul glitch to have enough souls for the build.

I don't think there is any shame in a Co op pair killing an invader. Invaders I've run into tend to use mobs to their advantage anyway.

There aren't any rules of engagement as far as I'm concerned.

I think its completely fair game as long as you just give someone time to orient themselves. Even if i'm invaded I wait to do some gesture, let them pick their weapon of choice and then go at it. I guess its all about the initial pleasantries for me :)

I don't see how torch is very easy... Did you watch his fight with Gascoigne? Without the regain mechanic and no parries, it was an extremely difficult battle.

But I agree, there isn't a lot of variety for challenge runs at all.

I've done gascoigne with torch, its harder then fists only for him.
Torch is kinda like ladle only in that after a certain point it gets super easy, except torch is after first boss.....
But yeah i think i played ds2 for around 500 hours before stopping challenge runs, but bloodborne i've done level 4 and torch only, and i don't really have anything i want to do now.
Hope lobo's comes up with some creative runs i can try!
Not doing fist's only since bloodborne boss fights already go on forever, super tedious

Am I the only person who havent finished this game yet loool :p

Just killed the
Shadow of Shadow Of Yharnam
killed them on my third try
woohooo :D

What now ?? Do I keep going south ?

Nick_C

So much for fixing inoperable elevators. The one in
Yahar'gul
is still broken. The only way I've been able to fix it is to kill
The One Reborn.

I'm not even entirely sure spoiler tags are necessary in OT5 but I'll use them anyway. Just in case there are people that haven't gotten that far yet.

EL CUCO

I think its completely fair game as long as you just give someone time to orient themselves. Even if i'm invaded I wait to do some gesture, let them pick their weapon of choice and then go at it. I guess its all about the initial pleasantries for me :)
Pleasantries are cool, but when a duel turns into a race to who's going to run out of blood vials first, its extremely annoying. Especially if you're the one being invaded.

I had a match like that the other night. I waited to see if dude healed up...he did. Spent what felt like the next 15min going after this guy that invaded me. Till I got tired and blasted him with the cannon
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Angry Guy

Real talk: Is it still supposed to be called the blade, singular, even when you split it? The semantics cause my head to shudder uncontrollably.

Honestly having Blade of Mercy and Threaded Cane, is my fav combo. pure assault full attack go with the Blade, stepping back slow attack, the cane.

This is what I said to myself I was gonna do but I couldn't stick with it. The cane's rad but it's just too weak for me, so right now I'm rocking the saw spear.

I can't bring myself to kill Eileen so I'm just rushing for
Rom.
What's concerning me right now is whether or not I'll be able to beat that motherfucker at the end of the questline being so underleveled.

A
melia
's giving me a lot of trouble as of right now, which is super annoying since last playthrough I crushed her with ease once I figured out her claw scrape attack.

Do you guys like staying in front or behind her? I think I beat her last time by staying behind but now I'm trying both.

Astral

So people have the guide now right? This has probably been asked before but does VA damage really scale with level alone?

autoduelist

His last ~35% are definetly the hard part. It is hard to tell, most of the time I managed to roll inbetween his legs where his 'last' melee attack could not hit me. I am not saying it is save to stay there for long as he is going to try to stomp on you with his feet but most of the time it was enough for one quick hit.

Maybe this video is going to help you, the guy did it very similar to me.

Boss fight video

If nothing else helps you can always do the ranged dance for his last 35%. Equip throwing knifes, molotoves and bone marrow ash. Keep on doging, stay far away from him and throw or use a ranged attacks whenever possible. There are some windows between his attacks if you try to keep your distance.

I will watch the video in a bit.

I definitely need the help... i just can't figure him out. I've beaten the game, and defiled, and... am just hitting a wall with this dude. It's a combination of his stomps, the walls, the camera... eventually I'm stuck under him and he just stomps me down to like 10% health, and whatever I try to do (heal, attack, roll) results in one more killing stomp.

It's like the smash smash SMASH he does... everyone says to roll dodge those towards his legs, but I've yet to dodge that last smash. And that last one puts you on the ground and he swings at you as soon as you stand up. Most of the time it's fatal.

I wish it was easier to coop chalices, I could use help on him. I'm level 117 so he shouldn't be as hard as he is (others seem to get him on the first few tries) but I just seem unable to learn his moveset - or more accurately, I'm getting a handle on his moves, but not how to dodge them close in.

Gattsu25

Banned
Want to play this later tonight...I hear the patch added Souls-like item descriptions during loading screens.

Cool 👍🏾👴🏾✌🏾️

His last ~35% are definetly the hard part. It is hard to tell, most of the time I managed to roll inbetween his legs where his 'last' melee attack could not hit me.

I recommend doing this aswell, the
xenomorph
attacks are just to unpredictable, making it super hard to punish him after attacks unless your right under him where those attacks usually miss.

NastyBook

LMFAO! I think one of the googley eyed pigs in N
ightmare
M
ensis
just mopped the floor with the B
ell
R
inging
W
oman
and
Shadow Men
near
Merlo's Loft
mid level. The best part is that I lured his big dumb ass down there so I could move on.

Well I just finished my NG+ run to get all optional bosses as well as
wheels
and
moon monster
I have to say
wheels is a harder boss. On my first go I got him to about 30% but then died. Summond someone as I wanted to fight moony, will save my solo kill of wheels for a future play through to get third ending.

However moon presence was kinda dissapointing. Did it first go. Only bit that was annoying was its debuff. If it didn't have that it would gave been stupid easy. You just dodge behind and beat it down.

Anyway was a great game. Gonna leave it be for a fair while now. Its rare I play anything through more than once so that shows how much I enjoyed this. After initially preferring dark souls a touch, I think I have changed my mind to this being better. While it doesn't have that same awe moment of finally getting to anor londo it is better in every other aspects to me. Only a bit but its better.

Top Bottom