• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

autoduelist

His last ~35% are definetly the hard part. It is hard to tell, most of the time I managed to roll inbetween his legs where his 'last' melee attack could not hit me. I am not saying it is save to stay there for long as he is going to try to stomp on you with his feet but most of the time it was enough for one quick hit.

Maybe this video is going to help you, the guy did it very similar to me.

Boss fight video

If nothing else helps you can always do the ranged dance for his last 35%. Equip throwing knifes, molotoves and bone marrow ash. Keep on doging, stay far away from him and throw or use a ranged attacks whenever possible. There are some windows between his attacks if you try to keep your distance.

ok, so i watched video. I think I was dodging wrong. This guy seems to sort of just dodge through and PAST the stomps... like, completely switching arena sides. I was trying to roll towards his legs and 'stay' there to attack.

So... will try later tonight. he barely gets wounded, though was taken down to about 1 hp at one point. If I can get that dodge down, i should have him because i have his attacks down in regard to attacking, i just can't avoid him.

LMFAO! I think one of the googley eyed pigs in N
ightmare
M
ensis
just mopped the floor with the B
ell
R
inging
W
oman
and
Shadow Men
near
Merlo's Loft
mid level. The best part is that I lured his big dumb ass down there so I could move on.

you've found the best farming zone in the game:

Put on all your moon (exp) runes.

Sprint past (ignoring) first few enemies till you get to the pig you backstab. kill it.
Now sprint past the second two pigs and then past the 4 patrollers and up the stairs.

Assuming you correctly kited the pigs, you will now get to watch the 2 pigs fight the patrol. Usually almost all get killed and you can do easy wipeup.

Use a bold hunter's badge and respawn, repeat. You can quickly replenish all 100 bullets and 100 vials quite quickly between pickups and the echoes earned (2-3 runs at a couple minutes each should do it).

Boof

Any tips for last 10% of Ebriera's health? She goes ape shit and my camera goes ape shit. I can't seem to get in for the last few attacks...

DOWN

Banned
I beat it last night thanks to a lot of running and a bit of SharePlay with an expert and true saint.

I won't be buying a Miyazaki game again.

But I also have to say I don't regret testing the waters with Bloodborn as it is easily one of the best in terms of art and production design, reminiscent of epic 70s and 80s film practical effects in combination with the period moods.

Paz

I'm having a hard time with Ab
horrent
B
east
in Ailing Loran. Tips please!

I was stuck on this boss for days and my best tip is to learn the dodge timing intricately, his attacks are all slightly delayed and if you dodge just as the swing is coming you'll move right through them.

I used the Chikage and just kept getting behind him and slicing/dicing in 2 hand mode, plus shooting him with bone ash at the end can be a good way to cheese out his super dangerous phase.

Don't get greedy, usually 1 hit but some times 2 hits is the only way to be 100% safe, unless you get fully behind him and can land a combo.

Grexeno

Last thing I finished was the first half of Forbidden Woods. Almost noped out completely when I saw the snake-head guy.

DrkSage

Made a jump, hunter jumped over a fence, fell trough map, lost more than 600k B.Echoes

I'm crying on the inside :)

Edit:
q2u5JhR.jpg

dHkstb5.jpg

zma1013

Load times were supposed to teach you patience which is vital for this fight. He isn't that hard.

Load times were an actual game design decision? Hmmm... anyway, I have the patience, just testing out new ways of fighting him. Some get me instantly killed, others don't. Found a way to get him to below half health with zero damage but it also takes an extremely long time, now i just gotta figure out the other half.

Well I was going for platinum but seriously... Fuck the defiled dungeon. It's been fun bloodborne. See you when an expansion releases.
i might be back sooner.

Timeaisis

What the fuck. I accidentally submitted to
Gerham
and more I can't fight him and I got the dumb ending. What. The. Fuck.

sn00zer

Ooof seriously the game just jumps of the cliff into
bizarre body horror mixed with some serious Lovecraftian shit
and just does not let up holy shit

Just started exploring the LATE GAME SPOILERS
outside of the nightmare school

Also, does the aesthetic remind anyone of Painkiller?

Dez_

Well I was going for platinum but seriously... Fuck the defiled dungeon. It's been fun bloodborne. See you when an expansion releases.
i might be back sooner.
Just take a break and come back to it later. I really struggled with that part as well, had to take a few days off trying and come back later with a cooler head. You still need to learn boss patterns. 2nd floor was the toughest for me. Everything after that was challenging, but doable, got through it much more quickly after the 2nd boss.

xinek

Just take a break and come back to it later. I really struggled with that part as well, had to take a few days off trying and come back later with a cooler head. You still need to learn boss patterns. 2nd floor was the toughest for me. Everything after that was challenging, but doable, got through it much more quickly after the 2nd boss.

This, exactly. Just take it slow, because Defiled is way more punishing than the main game.

On Demand

Banned
Questions about the upper cathedral ward.

I'm wondering how exactly did I get the key to open the main door. I went outside where that statue is and got the gesture. I'm standing there thinking I have to do the pose for something to happen( come on, how many of you did the same? Haha) I search around some more then come back, I'm fighting that troll changing enemy and after I kill him I got the key? Was it on one of them the whole time? I'm a little confused.

Also, all my insight is gone. Do those enemies drain it from you?

Questions about the upper cathedral ward.

I'm wondering how exactly did I get the key to open the main door. I went outside where that statue is and got the gesture. I'm standing there thinking I have to do the pose for something to happen( come on, how many of you did the same? Haha) I search around some more then come back, I'm fighting that troll changing enemy and after I kill him I got the key? Was it on one of them the whole time? I'm a little confused.

Also, all my insight is gone. Do those enemies drain it from you?

yes (it's on an enemy) and yes (they drain insight)

I'm stuck on first boss. That second phase is a bitch because he's so aggressive.
The actual dungeon part is fairly easy but the bosses...man. Can you summon people to help or not for these?

burgerdog

I'm stuck on first boss. That second phase is a bitch because he's so aggressive.
The actual dungeon part is fairly easy but the bosses...man. Can you summon people to help or not for these?

Make your dungeon public, give me the glyph and I'll help you. I'm level 100 so the max you could be at is 121.

Shengar

The only Patches I can trust :p

Also this is the fifth OT. Here is the list of the past ones:

1st: Bish made, can't remember the sub
2nd: Praise the Moon
3rd: I cane, I saw, I conque-YOU DIED
4th: And so the nightly hunt continues...

Gaston

Defiled Watchdog is the death of me... Over 200 health vials used. Every time I get close I catch an unlucky charge.

I beat it last night thanks to a lot of running and a bit of SharePlay with an expert and true saint.

I won't be buying a Miyazaki game again.

But I also have to say I don't regret testing the waters with Bloodborn as it is easily one of the best in terms of art and production design, reminiscent of epic 70s and 80s film practical effects in combination with the period moods.
Someone beat it for you? Was the game too hard?

Neoweee

Just finished the Platinum.

Honestly, I didn't have much trouble with the Defiled Chalice dungeon. I stacked the fuck out of Vit, and did the dungeon after I cleared the "3rd" Chalice type and did a bit of the 4th and a a boss or two of NG+

Boss 1:
Parry Her. Already fought several of that boss in the past, this wasn't any different. 1st try, but I assume she hits hard.

Boss 2:
Mostly the same as the first time I fought it. Use the Bone Ash set, use the whip head on at maximum range. Really easy to bait and sidestep the telegraphed charge. 2nd try,

Boss 3:
The hardest of the bunch. The strategy I used on the outdoor version just didn't work due to the damage output. Mostly just stayed in front, baiting attacks until it did a slower move, then whipping his arms. 4th try.

Dez_

Best way I took care of that boss was to try and keep it stunned, especially when it starts to buff its weapon with fire. Even better if you can move them to the wall. I was using the Saw Cleaver and kept slashing, would shoot my gun after a 3 hit combo and repeat. Because of the cleaver's low stamina usage, I was able to keep pressure on them, using the gun while charging my stamina. Don't know if it'll work if they're not pinned against the wall, though. Give it a try. What weapon are you using?

Top Bottom