• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Best way I took care of that boss was to try and keep it stunned, especially when it starts to buff its weapon with fire. Even better if you can move them to the wall. I was using the Saw Cleaver and kept slashing, would shoot my gun after a 3 hit combo and repeat. Because of the cleaver's low stamina usage, I was able to keep pressure on them, using the gun while charging my stamina. Don't know if it'll work if they're not pinned against the wall, though. Give it a try. What weapon are you using?

Ludwigs but I can use the small sword mode to do that.

Juraash

Man this new patch is great. The load times are much nicer and they've also fixed the like...weird hang the game word get when loading certain areas. I used to be able to reproduce that 100% of the time in Hemwhick but it doesn't do it anymore.

It also seems...crisper but I'm not a stickler for graphics stuff so I'm sure that's my imagination combined with being away from the game for the day.

I'm stuck on first boss. That second phase is a bitch because he's so aggressive.
The actual dungeon part is fairly easy but the bosses...man. Can you summon people to help or not for these?
I beat him in under a minute. Once you get the timing down to riposte he's a piece of cake. Just riposte, visceral, riposte, visceral, and repeat until dead :)

Dez_

Ludwigs but I can use the small sword mode to do that.
Yeah, that should work. Key part for me was to keep interrupting the 2nd part of the fight where they buff their weapon. They'll keep trying to buff and you keep stopping the process. It's not easy given how fast they can do it, but it does buy you some extra time and hits.

squidyj

ok, so i watched video. I think I was dodging wrong. This guy seems to sort of just dodge through and PAST the stomps... like, completely switching arena sides. I was trying to roll towards his legs and 'stay' there to attack.

So... will try later tonight. he barely gets wounded, though was taken down to about 1 hp at one point. If I can get that dodge down, i should have him because i have his attacks down in regard to attacking, i just can't avoid him.

you've found the best farming zone in the game:

Put on all your moon (exp) runes.

Sprint past (ignoring) first few enemies till you get to the pig you backstab. kill it.
Now sprint past the second two pigs and then past the 4 patrollers and up the stairs.

Assuming you correctly kited the pigs, you will now get to watch the 2 pigs fight the patrol. Usually almost all get killed and you can do easy wipeup.

Use a bold hunter's badge and respawn, repeat. You can quickly replenish all 100 bullets and 100 vials quite quickly between pickups and the echoes earned (2-3 runs at a couple minutes each should do it).

if you can get the backstabs 40/50 heir and then 30 moon is probably the best

DrkSage

Looks to be 60 not 600k ;)

Lol it was 600k :( damn wolves at the bridge in central yharnam were tougher than I expected and killed me and when I went all the way from iosefkas clinic to the wolves I made that amount. Thing is the wolves almost got me again and in a desperate move I ran away, jumped down the broken stairs to the right, accidentally double tapped O and jumped over the fence to my doom :(

Kemal86

Man this new patch is great. The loaf times are much nicer and they've also fixed the like...weird hang the game word get when loading certain areas. I used to be able to reproduce that 100% of the time in Hemwhick but it doesn't do it anymore.

I noticed this as well. There were at least three spots in Hemwick where I could 100% cause the framerate to tank that have been fixed.

GorillaJu

I'm stuck on first boss. That second phase is a bitch because he's so aggressive.
The actual dungeon part is fairly easy but the bosses...man. Can you summon people to help or not for these?

Bait a running attack by opening distance. It's easy to parry. Then do a jumping R2 to hit her as she's getting up, and then walk back a little. She'll almost always do a 2-swipe back dash attack if you hit her while she's standing, and you can parry either of the two swipes (the second is obviously easier to parry). When I beat her I got the impression that if you force her to do the 2-swipe back dash, it can delay the second phase because she'll always prioritize that attack, even over using turpentine on her sword.

Load times were an actual game design decision? Hmmm... anyway, I have the patience, just testing out new ways of fighting him. Some get me instantly killed, others don't. Found a way to get him to below half health with zero damage but it also takes an extremely long time, now i just gotta figure out the other half.
It was a joke but yes, keep practicing. Like I said, the battle is a test of patience and endurance.

HardRojo

Did they also patch out the
Shadow of yarman
glitch?

What is this glitch? I haven't heard of it.
They patched out stutter during certain areas right? Old Yharnam and Forbidden Woods had this problem in specific places but it seems they are gone now.

Yay, got my Reiterpallasch to +7 on my Bloodtinge/Skill build. I think I'm crazy for working on 3 different builds simultaneously. In addition to the above, I have a pure strength character using Kirkhammer and a quality build using Ludwig's.

xinek

Sigh. Any tips for Ihyll boss
Headless Bloodletting Beast
? My best strategy has been to bait out the mid-length attacks, then rush up and whack his
neck stump
. But then, after doing that for a while, that bastard just won't leave me alone -- stomping up on me constantly, and I can't get any distance at all. Then I try to dodge underneath him, and the camera starts spinning wildly. Like multiple 360-degree spins.

Unlocked, I also just keep getting lost and also can't really hit anything on target. Terrible battle, IMO. Not being able to see is really not making it feel like a real challenge. :/

Anyone up for co-op? I'm worn out on these dungeons and just want to be done. Level 114.

Sigh. Any tips for Ihyll boss
Headless Bloodletting Beast
? My best strategy has been to bait out the mid-length attacks, then rush up and whack his
neck stump
. But then, after doing that for a while, that bastard just won't leave me alone -- stomping up on me constantly, and I can't get any distance at all. Then I try to dodge underneath him, and the camera starts spinning wildly. Like multiple 360-degree spins.

Unlocked, I also just keep getting lost and also can't really hit anything on target. Terrible battle, IMO. Not being able to see is really not making it feel like a real challenge. :/

Anyone up for co-op? I'm worn out on these dungeons and just want to be done. Level 114.

About the camera spinning wildly: do you have camera auto correct turned off? Mine is set to off, and while that was a difficult fight for me, the camera wasn't a problem.

xinek

About the camera spinning wildly: do you have camera auto correct turned off? Mine is set to off, and while that was a difficult fight for me, the camera wasn't a problem.

Yep, it's off. It's just that there's a giant beast jumping around right above me.

neoism

Any tips for last 10% of Ebriera's health? She goes ape shit and my camera goes ape shit. I can't seem to get in for the last few attacks...

Even though I know I was really over leveled lol with all the trouble everyone is having I one shotted her in less than a minute.... Just hug Her left ass flaps and or stay right in the middle of them and use bolt paper....

Lucent

The shadows of yharnam have been pissing me off. I almost beat them once but then the snake summon got me.

I'm level 44 at the moment. Thinking I need to level some instead because every time they beat me I want to play less and less.

The shadows of yharnam have been pissing me off. I almost beat them once but then the snake summon got me.

I'm level 44 at the moment. Thinking I need to level some instead because every time they beat me I want to play less and less.

Try to get each of them to around 30% health, then start killing them off. The last one will summon a snake but you can then just R1 him to death. I did it at level 24, second try. How much have you upgraded your weapons? There's a giant axe guy near the woods lamp that sometimes drops decent gems.

DrkSage

Just got the defiled chalice. Fuck this chalice tho, out of the 4 bosses R
om
was the only one that I had to do multiple fights, the rest were 1st try

Final boss questions:
How do cooperators deal with Gehrman -> Moon Presence? Do you bring them with you into the true final boss or are you always forced to fight it solo? Also, if you die to Moon Presence, do you have to fight Gehrman again?

EL CUCO

Took me 2 tries to kill ML but that was an intense fight. My heart was racing.

Question about what follows:
I'm at the Queen now. After I take the badge and the other things she offers for drinking the blood, I dont mess anything up with Alfred by "Offering Blood dreg", or killing her, do I? I'm still on good terms with him.

E92 M3

The patch is A LOT better than I expected. Killed the final chalice boss for the trophy in one shot. It was a very easy battle. Now to just get the ending for the plat.

N° 2048

God damn the Forbi
dden Woods
, beat Shadows
of Yharnam
though, I hope that's all I have to do there.

autoduelist

boss #2 in the final chalice continues to be my bane. anyone out there willing to help a gaffer out in a couple hours (i'm lvl 117)? argh... then again, it's chalice, so I don't even know how someone would help me unless they got through the first layer too.

I don't know what my issue with this boss is. No other boss gave me much trouble - some of the defiled were hardish, but this is just ridiculous.

if you can get the backstabs 40/50 heir and then 30 moon is probably the best

i... have absolutely no idea what this means.

Neoweee

boss #2 in the final chalice continues to be my bane. anyone out there willing to help a gaffer out in a couple hours (i'm lvl 117)? argh... then again, it's chalice, so I don't even know how someone would help me unless they got through the first layer too.

I don't know what my issue with this boss is. No other boss gave me much trouble - some of the defiled were hardish, but this is just ridiculous.

Don't lock on at all. The camera is a complete clusterfuck when you fight things taller than you and when you're in a small area. That boss fight is the worst of both worlds.

Change your equipment to maximize blunt resistance.

Have a shitload of vitality and the +10%HP Rune. I assume your Vitality is 50ish?

squidyj

i... have absolutely no idea what this means.

I mean if you're getting a lot of visceral attacks against enemies then the top two Heir runes will net you more souls than just stacking moon runes.

Deku Tree

I took a break from BB to wait for the loading patch and do other things.
I started it back up today and I'm on layer 2 of the defiled chalice,
Now I'm at the boss but I was having a hard time getting back into the game.
Too much time has passed and I wasn't feeling it so much.

Lucent

Try to get each of them to around 30% health, then start killing them off. The last one will summon a snake but you can then just R1 him to death. I did it at level 24, second try. How much have you upgraded your weapons? There's a giant axe guy near the woods lamp that sometimes drops decent gems.

Both my axe and the great sword are +6. Makes me feel worse that you beat them 20 leveks below me though.

Final boss questions:
How do cooperators deal with Gehrman -> Moon Presence? Do you bring them with you into the true final boss or are you always forced to fight it solo? Also, if you die to Moon Presence, do you have to fight Gehrman again?

To answer my own questions,
You bring any cooperators with you into the Moon Presence battle. If you die there, Gerhman stays dead, you skip right to Moon Prescence

autoduelist

Don't lock on at all. The camera is a complete clusterfuck when you fight things taller than you and when you're in a small area. That boss fight is the worst of both worlds.

Change your equipment to maximize blunt resistance.

Have a shitload of vitality and the +10%HP Rune. I assume your Vitality is 50ish?

Ah, maximizing blunt res is a great idea. I think i still have on bone ash armor from the defiled watchdog. My vit is... somewhere in the 40s i think. I've got the 10% hp and two biggest stamina runes on.

I've got distance attacks down, and can get viscerals in. It's just at some point, he starts marching at me, and i get stomped. i've been watching the vid someone else posted a couple time and am going to try some new strats... it's just I can't seem to avoid his stomp attack, like a total mental block or something. I've never had this much issue with any boss in the franchise.

I mean if you're getting a lot of visceral attacks against enemies then the top two Heir runes will net you more souls than just stacking moon runes.

ah, makes sense now.

zma1013

Oh my god so many pvp shenanigans in the forest. The options are endless. Is there a way to combine different video segments into one on PS4?

knitoe

When he's doing his air aoe attack, run up and 1 hit him.

Lock on and get close to him (camera pans up). He will do 4 possible moves:
1) If you move to close to his hind legs, he will do a foot stomp. Don't do this.
2) He jumps away. Repeat.
3) Jump and body pound. Just dodge back and run up 1 hit. Repeat.
4) Fist hand pounds. Dodge 2X toward right to his side, move toward his thigh, attack 2X and dodge back out. Repeat.

Once the worm comes out, don't be scare and stick to the plan.

Loving this patch - it makes a tremendous difference to load times, both objectively and in the subjective experience due to the item descriptions. It flows much better now.

Bowler

Anyone had issues with trophies not popping. I've been through the choir and defeated the boss but no trophy for the healing palace. Wtf

Some things messed up on mine. Ebrietas. And one reborn both those trophies are unlocked but not the choir location. I wonder if it would unlock in new game plus?

Two Words

I'm beating bosses left and right and I've only gotten 1 chalice. To give you an idea, I have 40+ insight without using my Madman's Knowledges.

emb

Frustrated with this boss fight. Just had my second attempt where I got it to the last few hits, then died because I tried to rush the finish. :(

Speaking of it, what exactly triggers
The one reborn
to fall down? So far it seems random-ish, when I hit parts it just kinda happens but not always.

Top Bottom