• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

Mindlog

Friday, 12:01 AM PST.

http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=...sed-search-leftnav&pf_rd_t=101&tag=sec2002-20

517w5bh.png
Also needed top of the page for GAF Gold™ users.

Rad. My PS4 will be downloading for a while now. All digital is nice. Welcome to my PC from many years ago console :]
So I got CoD: Ghost on PS3 Digital...don't have a PS3, how do I redeem it? Then I just go to the PS4 store and upgrade?
In case any missed it, correct. You don't need a PS3 to get it to work. I have a PS3, but didn't need to turn it on or anything. It can all be done through the web store.

mrdark

Banned
If these sort of sales become regular things with Amazon and PS4 I see my XBO getting used very little in the future.

Tizoc

Are there any downsides to playing an NTSC game in a PAL region? Does DLC work across both, and does the multiplayer still match you with local players?

IIRC, the PS4 works just like the PS3.
If you have both an EU and US account, and you buy a US PS4 game, you can simply access the US Store from your US account and get any DLC from there and it'll run fine on your PS4.

SOLDIER

Just tell them that you thought you could upgrade for 10 bucks and didn't realize the PS4 version was also on sale. It's tricky because the code was already redeemed but Amazon customer service is usually pretty cool so yeah, give it a try.

I'm shocked, but it actually worked. I gave them a call and they were willing to refund me so long as I made a purchase for the PS4 version while they were on the phone.

So in essence I actually won out by getting an "exclusive" upgrade that gives me codes for both PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, but please don't use my oversight to your advantage. Amazon is too classy a company to intentionally cheat over.

The $40 Ghosts deal seems to be for physical only, I see the disc is already discounted to $40 but the digital version is still $59.

edit: It's fixed! Yes!

how does upgrading the digital versions work if you don't have access to a PS3?
Purchase the PS3 game on Amazon.
Redeem the code on the online storefront (US one: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action)
Purchase the PS4 upgrade from the online storefront (US one: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-upgrades/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_PS3PS4UPGRADES).

You may need to log out and back in to the store for the upgrade to become available after redeeming the game's code.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm shocked, but it actually worked. I gave them a call and they were willing to refund me so long as I made a purchase for the PS4 version while they were on the phone.

So in essence I actually won out by getting an "exclusive" upgrade that gives me codes for both PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, but please don't use my oversight to your advantage. Amazon is too classy a company to intentionally cheat over.

Well done, sir. I'm not shocked because Amazon is known for having the best customer service, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

Kylejc86

Can someone confirm if I buy ac4 digital then upgrade to ps4 on my American psn then log back into my uk account will it let me remote play ac4 even though it's American?

Tizoc

How long with Blacklist be on sale? US PSN is gonna have Flash Sales in the next few days, so unless they match the price or have it for $20...I wouldn't mind getting the game digital.

Can someone confirm if I buy ac4 digital then upgrade to ps4 on my American psn then log back into my uk account will it let me remote play ac4 even though it's American?

I can't confirm, as I have spent no time with a Vita, but a Vita can only have one log in can't it, so how would it play AC4(remote play or not) on your Vita with your UK account?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bestbuy is currently doing physical tradeins for PS4 BF4 for 40 dollars.

You can do an online tradein and you get 14 days until they need to receive it.

Using this method you can upgraded to digital for 5 dollars. more.

Just wondering, I made an order for AC4 but it seems to say my order has been delayed by 4 hours due to processing or something.

Is this normal?

Also do you have to have the same address for amazon and your US psn?

Dahaka

If I buy Sly Cooper and redeem it over my US Account + download the VITA version:

Can my main account (UK) grab that VITA version and uploaded it to my VITA (UK)?

ZeroX03

Banned
Just wondering, I made an order for AC4 but it seems to say my order has been delayed by 4 hours due to processing or something.

Is this normal?

Mine said delayed due to processing the first time I purchased a digital game. It ended up taking like 20 minutes. Just check your game library.

Your address can be completely separate from Amazon and PSN. They don't talk to each other, it's just a code.

If I buy Sly Cooper and redeem it over my US Account + download the VITA version:

Can my main account (UK) grab that VITA version and uploaded it to my VITA (UK)?

No. You would have to change your Vita's region to US and use your US account (and probably a new memory card).

Rainy Dog

So tempted just to bag BF4 now at $35+10 and have it done and dusted.

Will tomorrow’s price’s definitely be on a first come first served basis? Obviously lightning deals are usually limited but I imagine that’s because they’re also usually physical goods…

So I redeemed my Ghost digital version on the web store, but on my PS4 it won't let me upgrade. Anyone know what I should do? The PS3 version shows up in my transaction history.

mrdark

Banned
So tempted just to bag BF4 now at $35+10 and have it done and dusted.

Will tomorrow’s price’s definitely be on a first come first served basis? Obviously lightning deals are usually limited but I imagine that’s because they’re also usually physical goods…

I spoke to Amazon and it's limited. Friday it's going to be $30.00 all day from the looks of it, though.

Donos

Is this normal?

Got a similar notice that my order (GTA V) is on hold due to a check or something like this. I thought that they would not let my buy it (german credit card, fresh amazon.com account) but 10 minutes later they just sent me the code.
I don't have the same adress in my amazon.com account and in my US PSN account. Playing it in my German PSN account just fine.

Grabbed AC IV and Lego Marvel for what amounts to 45€.
I'm almost tempted to upgrade AC although I won't be getting a PS4 for some time.

Nope. To play it on Vita, you'd have to use your US account.
Essentially, if you can't be assed to switch accounts on Vita (I can't), consider it region locked for digital purchases.

Top Bottom