• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bootcamp (PC/Halo universe) appears in Korean Rating Board [Up: Microsoft Confirms]

Fuchsdh

MOBA Halo? Come on people, they'll never be able to do something as good as DotA/LoL, and it doesn't fit with the universe.

Halo Battlefront, on the other hand....

MOBA Halo? Come on people, they'll never be able to do something as good as DotA/LoL, and it doesn't fit with the universe.

Halo Battlefront, on the other hand....

Sure, but why would something like Halo Battlefront be on the PC? Even if its f2p I would see it heading to XBLA.. This, with the "bootcamp" name makes it feel like something for training and building up to a future title.

xmadmardiganx

Neo Member
Hey guys,
I see a couple of you referencing this, but I think Google Translate got this one wrong with the "Halo 3" part.

I've put the Korean text through several other translation services, and all of them refer to a "Halo third-person" game, not Halo 3.

Post updated:
http://www.gamefront.com/halo-bootcamp-outed-on-korean-ratings-board-ms-confirms/

Anyone speak Korean?

Something else interesting. Other translators translate part of the text to say "an action game of water."

So Bootcamp is clearly a 3rd person PC Halo game you can play on Microsoft Surface in the water with Kinect functionality. Got it!

Seriously, anyone speak Korean?

Hey guys,
I see a couple of you referencing this, but I think Google Translate got this one wrong with the "Halo 3" part.

I've put the Korean text through several other translation services, and all of them refer to a "Halo third-person" game, not Halo 3.

Post updated:
http://www.gamefront.com/halo-bootcamp-outed-on-korean-ratings-board-ms-confirms/

Anyone speak Korean?

Something else interesting. Other translators translate part of the text to say "an action game of water."

So Bootcamp is clearly a 3rd person PC Halo game you can play on Microsoft Surface in the water with Kinect functionality. Got it!

Seriously, anyone speak Korean?

Yeah, I figured that part was mistranslated. I'll shoot the OP a PM and ask for a full translation if possible.

derFeef

Aww man I don't want to get my hopes up for this being something worthwhile/fun/interesting. Frankie hopefully can drop more hints :)

The OP already had a full translation of what was relevant. I'm not sure why everyone is scrambling to use machine translation to do a worse job.

While I'm sure the majority if not all of the key stuff is known at this point, we may be able to gather a little more just by having the full picture.

duckroll

While I'm sure the majority if not all of the key stuff is known at this point, we may be able to gather a little more just by having the full picture.

There is only one line describing the game, and the OP translated that. The rest is the rating of the game, and very general descriptions of content. By using machine translations without any sensible attempt to edit or understand the nature of what is being translated, it does not give a full picture. It actually creates more confusion and distracts people from the facts. It's annoying when people think that they're being helpful but make things worse instead.

Well this is pretty fucking interesting. Microsoft just nonchalantly mentioning a Halo game for PC like it's no big deal haha. I hope it is something cool.

Anyone know if Windows 8 apps are all under the PC umbrella for this rating board? I could see this being a more "casual friendly" Surface/Phone/PC Halo game.

TrantaLocked

Neo Member
I'm not happy about the third person aspect. That is what we have Mass Effect for. Why doesn't Microsoft just realize we want an updated Halo 3 on PC?

ArjanN

How did I miss this? Actually came across it on Twitter just now.

So, this is a PC only Halo game right now? Interesting.

I noticed the Korean rating board now also has an entry for Halo: Spartan Assault, so they're not the same thing in case anyone was wondering.

Top Bottom