• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass Announced

Amon37

As much as I loved BL1 I would never buy dlc on faith, I'm sure there will be one I won't want and if I do buy them all you get more of my monies gearbox.

VALIS

Announcing your extensive DLC plans before I even have a chance to buy the game certainly doesn't crank up my level of enthusiasm.

Card Boy

Banned
Announcing your extensive DLC plans before I even have a chance to buy the game certainly doesn't crank up my level of enthusiasm.

Pretty much this. It's an instant turnoff for me, and i can avoid games very easily due to my massive backlog.

Pretty much this. It's an instant turnoff for me, and i can avoid games very easily due to my massive backlog.

I've got the backlog too, but I played Borderlands 1 and would know what I was missing. It's best just to pay the premium required to play it early.

I was in the crowd. They said 4 Campaign DLC's with 25% savings.

Mechromancer wouldn't make sense if they included it since people who preorder get it for free.

Majukun

damn,i usually despise this kind of practices...but this is a season pass i could be tempted by ò_ò..sure all depends in how much dlc will come out..last year was 4 dlc for 800 Mp each?

that will make 3200 mP..how much it is in real money?

Seguin

Banned
Inevitably one of the DLCs is gonna suck and not be worth it anyway. These season passes need additional content to justify paying it all up front.

Derrick01

Banned
Or buy it in a year for half the price with double the content :)

But then you have to wait an extra year for a (potentially) good game. Or if price was such a huge factor you could become a PC gamer and get it for almost half off 2 months before it even comes out.

jediyoshi

Or buy it in a year for half the price with double the content :)

If your problem is just wanting more for less, then that's literally every game that has ever existed and season passes don't exactly factor into it. I don't think Borderlands 2 will be the first game to ever have its price lower after its release date.

Carl

If your problem is just wanting more for less, then that's literally every game that has ever existed and season passes don't exactly factor into it. I don't think Borderlands 2 will be the first game to ever have its price lower after its release date.

I was just saying that your suggestion would not be better for the guy than buying the GOTY version :)

-PXG-

Now usually I'd be pissed, then again, DLC is/ has to be planned before a game ships. Development and distribution is just more complicated these days. This shit can't be made entirely post release. Also note, the game has probably been "mostly" done for weeks or even months now. Waiting to start working on DLC until every bit of polish and certification was completed would be absurd. So in a way, you can tell yourselves that most of the DLC was, in fact, made after the game was completed :p

Anyway, this is fucking Borderlands. Of course there will be DLC. You'd be crazy not to think there wouldn't be any. Hell, they already announced the Mechromancer class, months ago. If the first game is any kind of indication...the DLC will be very good. This season pass will certainly be worth the investment, even without knowing exactly what we'll get.

Again, it's safe to say that every piece of content will be substantial. If you own the DLC for the first game, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Plus, Gearbox seems to know how to please their fans. Their good people and they seem to have a good relationship with their fans and know how to work things out with 2K, so that everyone wins.

BigDug13

Inevitably one of the DLCs is gonna suck and not be worth it anyway. These season passes need additional content to justify paying it all up front.

I don't necessarily think that this will be the case this time. Borderlands 2 is the epitome of a "lessons learned" sequel. They know their Moxxi DLC was shit. They won't repeat that mistake. Hell, the Moxxi DLC equivalent is already coming as a Gamestop preorder exclusive on day 1.

I fully expect 4 complete DLC content releases with none of them being a stupid arena fight sequence.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm surprised Naughty Dog never apologized for the shitty season pass. I also lost all of my respect for Arne for the way he addressed concerns about the pass.

Seguin

Banned
I'm surprised Naughty Dog never apologized for the shitty season pass. I also lost all of my respect for Arne for the way he addressed concerns about the pass.

What was so bad about it? They really have no incentive to once they have your money anyway...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I'll probably wait for a GOTY edition. I got BL1 on the summer sale, and only dipped 6 or so hours into it. And I won't play half the DLC due to SecuROM and the limited installs, so it's even less worth to me.

The same happens for Quantum Conundrum. I could have bought the game for 15 bucks, but with all the DLC announced, I'll wait until the base game is 75% off, or maybe until they release a GOTY edition.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For $30, will include all four planned DLC releases.

Just announced via Gamestop Conference.

Finally, a season pass worth a damn.
Sure, if this is the first season pass you've ever heard of. This is pretty much exactly the same as every other season pass. Pay lots of money for stuff you don't know anything about yet.

After Saints Row the Third, I'm not buying season passes ever again. No matter how good the game is, the DLC can still disappoint, and buying it all without knowing isn't worth the risk.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gearbox has a very spotty track record when it comes to Borderlands DLC, so I wouldn't want to spend any money on a season pass unless they detail exactly what I'm paying for. And even then...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going to assume that every game from now on will have a season pass, and I will weep for the days when the game you bought was the complete game.

Alex

It'll probably be a better deal than most, but I do wish they could just make a nice, large, focused expansion for 30 rather than three or four bits and bobs.

BlazinAm

Sure, if this is the first season pass you've ever heard of. This is pretty much exactly the same as every other season pass. Pay lots of money for stuff you don't know anything about yet.

Yeah that was what i was thinking, affection for Gearbox and Borderlands I guess. I think gamestop exclusive seems like it will be like Madd Moxxi DLC, which was the low point of Borderlands 1 DLC.

I actually think I'll just wait and see what the fuck I'd be buying before laying money down for it. I'll take a higher price if that's what it means, too.

I disliked 1 of the 4 DLCs from the first game, so that will make waiting easier. Plus I think we're all getting the Mechromancer free anyway, and a new playable class is definitely more enticing to me than new levels, although I loved them in the first game.

megalowho

I won't be buying any more DLC bundles like this sight unseen again, Saint's Row 3 is still fresh in my mind. If they make something worth their asking price when it launches and I still want more content at that time, they'll have my money then.

And yeah like others earlier mention, Steam sales will probably net me a solid deal on the lot anyways if I wait for it.

PlayDat

You can still buy season passes after the DLC is released right? I think I'll make my decision on whether or not to buy it then. The GOTY Edition of Borderlands 1 was well worth it with Mad Moxxi being the only weak link in all the downloads so it's not like I expect these next four to be bad. I'm just not sure if i'll ever be okay spending before I get it.

Toppot

All fine till the unplanned DLC comes out and other DLC that isn't part of the planned and is the preorder and special edition stuff. Make me want to buy it all.

I love them because BL1's DLC was amazing. Sorry Gearbox, I'm still gonna wait for that GOTY edition.

MrBS

I took a chance with Saints Row and was burned. I'm not sure I can do the same with Borderlands 2 after that experience. Definately not happening if a full run down of the content isn't revealed prior to purchase.

Cat Party

I have no doubt that the DLC will be mostly great, but I'm still not playing this bullshit game with publishers where I pay them in advance for unannounced content.

Lunchbox

Banned
in. but ill buy after i know what they actually are

all the dlc content for the first was amazing, except for moxy. fuck her

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have question for BL2 season pass, becuase I'm not sure if I will buy season pass and wait for sales.

1) Is those season pass included mechromancer dlc?

2) Those 4 DLC are not announced yet right? (not those pre-order dlcs such as dome and m-mancer)

Top Bottom