• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass Announced

Lothars

Has there ever been an instance where a Season Pass was worth it? Especially on PC, where the DLC will be discounted heavily within a year or so.
PC season passes I feel are less of a value since It seems like PC DLC goes on sale way more often than Console DLC does but on Console absolutely I think there have been Season Passes fully worth the money.

mclem

Has there ever been an instance where a Season Pass was worth it? Especially on PC, where the DLC will be discounted heavily within a year or so.

Depends what you regard as 'worth it', really. After all, much the same argument holds up equally well when applied to picking up *games* at launch, without any consideration for DLC. Waiting gets you things cheaper. That is how it is, and most likely that is how it always will be.

I've been really cautious of Season Passes. Seems like a lot of the time they screw you over and make the first couple of DLC's crap.
In what world is that sound financial sense? Do bear in mind that they'd be wanting to still sell these DLCs to people who didn't purchase a season pass, what do they stand to *gain* by deliberately making them bad?

Edit:
Yup. They lost what I'm guessing would have been a week 1 sale from me as well.

I loved borderlands 1 and all of the DLC that it had but I bought it all for $20 on a steam sale last year.
So, just to recap: You would have happily purchased a game on week 1 if it had *less* content, but now it has the scope to have *more*, you're waiting until you pay less for it all?

I'm not disputing the latter argument; it's certainly a valid choice, it may well be smarter to wait - but I don't quite understand why on *earth* you'd have been willing to buy on Day 1 ever in that situation.

Cool now im not going to buy the game. Will wait for a GOTY Edition.

Good job 2K Games/Gearbox.

Yup. They lost what I'm guessing would have been a week 1 sale from me as well.

I loved borderlands 1 and all of the DLC that it had but I bought it all for $20 on a steam sale last year.

Nope, not touching this season pass. There is absolutely no benefit to buying it sight unseen when all the DLC and probably the season pass itself will have gone on sale at some place or the other by the time they release it all.

Fuck it, I'm already buying three copies of this fucking game so I can play with my friends who don't have enough money to buy it on their own.

Season pass will be bought.

MrDaravon

I'm mainly baffled by the posts of "no sale now, will wait for a GOTY version." Borderlands 1 had several DLC's and a GOTY edition, and we already knew DLC would be hitting in a similar fashion for Borderlands 2. Who the hell thought there wasn't going to be multiple DLCs? This logic makes no sense.

Lucent

I'm mainly baffled by the posts of "no sale now, will wait for a GOTY version." Borderlands 1 had several DLC's and a GOTY edition, and we already knew DLC would be hitting in a similar fashion for Borderlands 2. Who the hell thought there wasn't going to be multiple DLCs? This logic makes no sense.

Exactly. It's a no-brainer that the sequel (or any game in this day and age) would get DLC.

Forsythia

No way the price of the Season Pass on Steam is correct, only €9,99 for 4 DLC packs?

And I'm sure people are already buying it, as it's in the top sellers list already.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's what I get if I try to buy it, even though I already pre-ordered Borderlands 2.

Buy it as a gift. Store it in your Steam inventory. Activate it later.

Picked up the season pass for AU$15. A steal. Pretty sure this, coupled with GMG's price, has caught me the game and all DLC for less than what I'd pay buying the game alone off shelves.

iNvid02

lol, its pretty early over here and its already moving up the top sellers fast

had poor experiences with season passes, but this deal sounds very good. thats £28 for the game and all dlc, nice

edit: if you need help buying it pm and i'll give you a hand

sVX2d.png

mandiller

If i buy it as a gift to put in my inventory am I allowed to redeem it on my account later? I don't have to send it to someone else?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If i buy it as a gift to put in my inventory am I allowed to redeem it on my account later? I don't have to send it to someone else?

Yes, when you click on the game/gift it will have two buttons at the bottom of the description panel:

Send Gift | Add to my game library...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I may actually get this. Hopefully Gearbox will deliver sufficient amount of DLC.

The store page specifically mentions that the Season Pass will grant you access to "four brand new individual add-on content campaigns" and that "each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments" , so I'd wager that they'll be comparable to the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC campaigns of the original.

Kikarian

The store page specifically mentions that the Season Pass will grant you access to "four brand new individual add-on content campaigns" and that "each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments" , so I'd wager that they'll be comparable to the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC campaigns of the original.
Yeah, I read that just after I posted. Just bought it as well...

So I can buy it as a gift and use it myself... how?

Buy it as a gift, choose "store it in my inventory", activate it from your inventory after you've activated the main game.

As for the price, eight quid (making the GotY edition £16 for me, and I'm getting all of the junk day one) means I'm down for that.

MrDaravon

going for goty or steam sales as well..
thanks for saving my bucks :)
planning expansion right off the bat? that's low...

HOW? You people need to justify this shit, this is fucking ridiculous. Oh no, as soon as the game went Gold they started working on more content for the game, those motherfuckers.

jediyoshi

I was just saying that your suggestion would not be better for the guy than buying the GOTY version :)

Some people find value in being able to play something they're looking forward to playing earlier rather than later. If you wanted to use the logic that you're going to hold out because it'll get cheaper, I'm not sure why the mentality that there's a season pass or other content involved can even factor into that.

going for goty or steam sales as well..
thanks for saving my bucks :)
planning expansion right off the bat? that's low...

So what'd they hold out of the game this time?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Excited for borderlands 2 but will likely just gamefly it and then get a 20$ discounted goty/steam sale version way down the line a year or so later if I want to play the DLC. I really didn't like any of the DLC I bought last time.

Top Bottom