• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass Announced

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, the price is now at $40 for us Aussies, as expected. I just helped out a fellow GAFer so his timing couldn't have been any better.

JordanKZ

Valve usually honour these mispriced sales... I've had a couple of things accidentally cheap before without any problems.

Aggrotek

Tempting, but I think I'll pass. BL DLC has been great I have no doubts BL2's will be near as good if not better. It's just not in my wallet's capacity right now.

invid is a gentleman and a scholar.

I was a fan of all the DLC for the first one and Im pretty confident they can't do worse than the first Moxie so this should be solid.

mackattk

Only reason I can't get behind the season pass strategy is that I have no idea if I will still be interested in a game a month or two after it has been released. That is just wasting money if I don't end up using the content.

Well, addendum to what I said earlier. iNvid02 is awesome. Thanks for the hook up on the DLC!!!

Sanjay

I am definitely not purchasing something as fragile as a Season Pass before I even know what is going to be released as DLC.

It will be what they did with Borderlands 1 which had the best DLC for a game that I have ever seen.

Raide

I will be 99% buying the DLC. I will still wait to see what they announce and then pick it up. Apart from the Moxxi stuff in BL1, all the DLC was awesome. So I am expecting that level of awesome for all of the BL2 DLC. Fingers crossed!

demidar

Well, we have an idea:

Those points are so vague and generic it does not inspire confidence at all. They also don't give any indication of quality because, well they haven't been made yet. There is no accountability so the only reason why someone would buy in is if season passes have a good track record. They don't.

Raide

Those points are so vague and generic it does not inspire confidence at all. They also don't give any indication of quality because, well they haven't been made yet. There is no accountability so the only reason why someone would buy in is if season passes have a good track record. They don't.

Confidence comes from Gearbox and their previous DLC for Borderlands 1. They added some awesome content, with hours more gameplay and plenty of loot, increased level cap, scaling enemies etc, that came as a free update.

When it comes to Borderlands DLC, I trust them. Unless they utterly mess up with BL2 DLC, then I will be purchasing without much question.

Within a year GOTY version will sold on amazon or steam for $7.99. Just like Borderland 1 did.

It took almost 2 years for Borderlands 1 to hit sub $10 in steam sales... (first time it hit that price was this past Winter sale)

It dropped to 15 though in the summer of 2011 :p

You worded it perfectly. Thanks.

Omega

Banned
Announcing your extensive DLC plans before I even have a chance to buy the game certainly doesn't crank up my level of enthusiasm.

normally i share this same mindset, but I don't think this can apply to Borderlands.

there's a ton of things to do in this game as it is. they even sold DLC for the first one so it's not like this is anything new and considering it had one of the highest attach rates, what did you think? that they were going to pass on DLC?

who is naive enough to think developers don't plan this shit? when people don't plan ahead things turn to shit (see: ME3)

not everyone is BioWare is purposely cuts out portions of the game to sell as DLC so can we give GearBox a break?

demidar

Confidence comes from Gearbox and their previous DLC for Borderlands 1. They added some awesome content, with hours more gameplay and plenty of loot, increased level cap, scaling enemies etc, that came as a free update.

When it comes to Borderlands DLC, I trust them. Unless they utterly mess up with BL2 DLC, then I will be purchasing without much question.

Fair enough, if one personally likes the BL1 DLC then they certainly can buy in, but hopefully you can understand why others, who might not have been as enamoured, be apprehensive. I was playing through my GOTY version in anticipation for BL2 but I couldn't make it past Knoxx's Armoury. It was just a lot of driving and those checkpoints with barriers were copypaste and boring. It might just be me playing through them each back-to-back but still, that's my experience.

Raide

Fair enough, if one personally likes the BL1 DLC then they certainly can buy in, but hopefully you can understand why others, who might not have been as enamoured, be apprehensive. I was playing through my GOTY version in anticipation for BL2 but I couldn't make it past Knoxx's Armoury. It was just a lot of driving and those checkpoints with barriers were copypaste and boring. It might just be me playing through them each back-to-back but still, that's my experience.

I can understand that many have been burned by the numerous Season Passes that appear adn see to offer nothing really worth the asking price. If I knew the Borderlands stuff would have been awesome, I would have got a season pass if available. For many it might be better to see what the reception is like, and possibly pick it up on the first sale.

demidar

I can understand that many have been burned by the numerous Season Passes that appear adn see to offer nothing really worth the asking price. If I knew the Borderlands stuff would have been awesome, I would have got a season pass if available. For many it might be better to see what the reception is like, and possibly pick it up on the first sale.

Yep, it boils down to whether you like what you see. That's why I don't like season passes, I can't see anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The point I was making is that we have a general understanding of what the DLC will entail -- i.e. you needn't worry about it being as something as insignificant as, say, character skins (See: the Uncharted 3 Season Pass).

You worded it perfectly.Thanks.

While the cynicism is understandable given the general approach to DLC in recent years, I wouldn't go that far. Considering the descriptions, and the DLC that released for the original Borderlands, it's a reasonable assumption that the DLC being referred to in the Season Pass will be comparable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Everyone who went to the gearbox event got the season pass for free. They also announced that every piece of Borderlands DLC will be $10, but no small crappy stuff. Necromancer will release no later than October 16th, and they also announced they are going to release at least four big DLC expansions with completely new areas, missions, weapons, and more, though possibly a 5th one us fans talked him into starting Scooter. Also they promised us a midget riding a root I believe.

I want to preorder the game from DL gamer (currently the cheaper, about 34 euros) but it can't process my CC and can't paypall it because I'm a first customer (wtf ?)

Anyone care to help ? Can paypal in advance

rbanke

So this is not strictly a Borderlands problem, but it was brought up by my friend who doesn't follow game news, he just plays games. He is preordering his copy of B2 and im's me "whats this season pass thing? are they charging a fee to play it online?". I suppose he hasn't played a game yet that uses season passes and when I started thinking about it, I wondered how often normal (those who don't follow news or pay much attention) people mistake what a season pass actually is? He was almost not going to buy the game because he at first thought the game either required a season pass, or a monthly subscription or something.

Once I started thinking about it, I could see how the name doesn't really explain the service and might confuse people. Hell my mom bought my nephew an online pass for a brand new copy of Uncharted 3 because she didn't know it came with it. All these extra services seem to assume that the consumer is 'in the know' or something.

Thoughts?

I want to preorder the game from DL gamer (currently the cheaper, about 34 euros) but it can't process my CC and can't paypall it because I'm a first customer (wtf ?)

Anyone care to help ? Can paypal in advance

I bought the 4 pack on Steam, have 1 giftable preorder ticket left. Was € 34 for me, can trade for steam games or paypal. SOLD

The M.O.B

In my absent mindedness, I completely forgot(and didn't realize) I had been signed up for the BL2 OT.

I'm currently busy with "stuff" so I want to put the OT back out there for somebody to make. I know this is on a terribly short notice but I hope another bright soul can give BL2 the short n sweet OT it deserves.

Any takers?

Meier

Does anyone know if there is an online pass or what sort of rewards you get for buying? I am trying to figure out if I can just rent this from Gamefly..

v0mitg0d

Does anyone know of any discounted or can just recommended a great place to preorder B2? It looks like Gamestop has an exclusive (ugh) arena or something, but I'm not sure if there are other greater deals around.

Missed that GMG deal. Looking for Xbox 360.

H3xum

Does anyone know of any discounted or can just recommended a great place to preorder B2? It looks like Gamestop has an exclusive (ugh) arena or something, but I'm not sure if there are other greater deals around.

Amazon's 10 dollar credit seems to be the best thing going for consoles right now (especially if you plan on picking up Dishonored right around the corner)

The good thing about the Gamestop DLC is all you need is one person with it and you can hop in and join them, so if you're playing with a group of 3 others, just sucker one guy into buying it there

best buy? aren't they giving out $20 coupon if youre a RZ member?

EDIT: oh.. it's the $15 gamer club you have to sign up for first. but it's not bad if you plan to preorder other games i guess lol.

Another season pass? When will gamers learn? Every time people complain about they feel burnt by the quality of the DLC, but that's what you get for payin for unannounced content

Top Bottom