• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Episode 4 – A Ninjutsu Battle of the Sexes!
C-VKxCEXgAAew2B.jpg:small
C-VKYOvWsAE7vX9.jpg:small

Fun battle showing many characters skills, surprised they let Shino and Konohamaru put traps etc in school.

I thought Boruto eye would show during the summoning scene but they seemed to not show it, though I guess that vision implied it was active. Monster looked like more than just a snake. At least Konohamaru is noticing stuff, best nii-chan.

How are people liking Boruto? I loved Naruto and it kinda went downhill slowly with Shippuden for me. Is it worth starting with?

Robin64

How are people liking Boruto? I loved Naruto and it kinda went downhill slowly with Shippuden for me. Is it worth starting with?

Love early Naruto, but Shippuden kinda lost me. Four eps in, though, and I love Boruto. Not quite as much as early Naruto, but more than Shippuden. I guess I just prefer the kids and school and learning ninjitsu stuff, rather than crazy throwing around of powers that Shippuden had.

Please.

Within 3 volumes of Naruto Shippuuden we had introductions to all the K11, Kakashi vs Naruto and Sakura, Deidara vs Gaara, Itachi and Kisame vs Kakashi and Guy and Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori. All while introducing plenty of new lore, jutsu and characters.

You tripping if you think Boruto is anywhere near the interest Shippuuden caused. Just look at the inactivity here and in general about this series.

fr0st

Banned
Please.

Within 3 volumes of Naruto Shippuuden we had introductions to all the K11, Kakashi vs Naruto and Sakura, Deidara vs Gaara, Itachi and Kisame vs Kakashi and Guy and Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori. All while introducing plenty of new lore, jutsu and characters.

You tripping if you think Boruto is anywhere near the interest Shippuuden caused. Just look at the inactivity here and in general about this series.
You took the bait lol

Moaradin

Talking about the interest levels for Boruto is weird since people haven't really cared about Shippuden for years based on that same logic. The anime thread on GAF has been pretty barren for ages. It's only natural that would carry on to Boruto since interest in the Naruto series in general has been declining forever now.

Talking about the interest levels for Boruto is weird since people haven't really cared about Shippuden for years based on that same logic. The anime thread on GAF has been pretty barren for ages. It's only natural that would carry on to Boruto since interest in the Naruto series in general has been declining forever now.

Boy why you lying.

The Shippuuden thread was bustling when canon had returned, and this was 2 year old canon btw. The Naruto manga thread was massive, especially towards the end. Heck, even the movie and Gaiden stages were lively. Why don't you make a Boruto manga thread and see how active it will be lol

You're wrong. The Naruto series was more popular in 2015 than it ever was for a long while due to the ending. Volume 72 became the best selling volume, UNS4 saw the largest opening, Boruto the Movie broke the franchise records, Naruto mobile games was top 5 in China, the novels topped the annual charts as well.

Naruto franchise remained massively popular, unlike Boruto new generations whose manga sales have declined by near 70% compared to Naruto, and opening episode TV rating couldn't even break into the top 10.

Episode 5 – The Mysterious Transfer Student!
C-5QzYIXcAEjtf4.jpg:small

I love the teacher Shino, hes so funny in this role.

Mitsuki getting in the way of my Boruto Shikadai but its nice that he is actually fitting in with these problem kids, Iruka sensei must really like teasing Shino by assigning all of them to him.

Fun episode.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am thinking of dropping it. Nothing of real interest is going on. At this point in the original series we were on way to the Zabuza arc

About to watch the fifth episode, but this shit with Boruto not talking to ANYONE, not even his own mother, about this weird eye shit he's got going on is tired as hell already.

Skilletor

I am thinking of dropping it. Nothing of real interest is going on. At this point in the original series we were on way to the Zabuza arc

Wut.

Episode 5 of the original series would have been...like...trying to get the bells from Kakashi.

Akai__

Mitsuki is Orochimaru's son, right?

I strongly believe that after todays episode. He has pretty much the same characteristics as Orochimaru (Otogakure, Snakes, Eyes, Skin). Curious who the mother is, unless they let Orochimaru lay an egg or some other weird shit. lol

Yet another episode and nothing coming of that eye. OK then.

Mitsuki doesn't interest me in the slightest. Sai wasn't that interesting, and this kid is even less so.

Boruto and the rest of the gang are still cool.

Shino will be the GOAT sensei of this franchise.

Mitsuki is Orochimaru's son, right?

What's the rule on spoilers in this thread?

Pein

Banned

I like the slower pace, I needed more mission and bond buildings in the original too.

VariantX

I'm loving it actually. I don't dislike any one in the current cast so far and I expect to have alot more fun watching up and until the teams are formed when they graduate from the academy and become genin.

I like the slower pace, I needed more mission and bond buildings in the original too.

Yeah on one hand I agree Naruto's plot was more engaging and interesting at this point but I also agree it needed more time for just bonding and hanging out. There's probably an ideal way to merge both of those things, and Boruto isn't really hitting it, but I'm fine with it for now.

Khezu

Naruto jumping so fast into the plot was ultimately it's biggest downfall.
With out a proper set up, the whole Naruto/Sasuke friendship simply didn't work or make any kind of sense.

And since the entire series plot revolves around that, you got problems.

Moaradin

Naruto jumping so fast into the plot was ultimately it's biggest downfall.
With out a proper set up, the whole Naruto/Sasuke friendship simply didn't work or make any kind of sense.

And since the entire series plot revolves around that, you got problems.

Also doesn't help that they tried to retroactively add in more scenes of Naruto and Sasuke being friends as kids, before the series even starts.

SoulUnison

Banned
MITSUKI: "You almost died."

What? How? Is that an awkward translation?
It looked like if Boruto had landed the way he'd ended up grappling that guy he would have snapped the dude's neck, but it didn't look like Boruto himself was even in any danger.

Hell, he was basically doing Sasuke's Part 1 neckbreaker grab unintentionally, and Sasuke never injured himself.

Khezu

It looked like if Boruto had landed the way he'd ended up grappling that guy he would have snapped the dude's neck, but it didn't look like Boruto himself was even in any danger.

Hell, he was basically doing Sasuke's Part 1 neckbreaker grab unintentionally, and Sasuke never injured himself.

I think it was an awkward translation or awkward thing in the script.

Before when Mitsu and hoboman were fighting, Boruto scolded MItsu for trying to kill hobo.
So Mitsu was protecting the worker and safe guarded his neck so he wouldn't die.
The visuals clearly show Mitsu protecting the worker.

sturmdogg

Mitsuki was probably talking about the worker, not Boruto.

N7.Angel

Love early Naruto, but Shippuden kinda lost me. Four eps in, though, and I love Boruto. Not quite as much as early Naruto, but more than Shippuden. I guess I just prefer the kids and school and learning ninjitsu stuff, rather than crazy throwing around of powers that Shippuden had.

Yeah this is me, Naruto first gen-------------------------> Botuto---------> Shippuden.

rambis

Banned
Sure thing. What's the title?
Naruto Side Story The Path Shone by the Moonlight or something close to that.

Boruto/Mitsuki's relationship is interesting.
Mitsuki seems to be sent to get close with Boruto and test him. It makes you think why Orochimaru basically pointed Mitsuki to Boruto in the one shot and what this whole "Sun" business is that started from there too.

N7.Angel

I don't get why they're making Shino so weak and misérable, he was like one of the strongest of his generation... Dear God Japan and their terrible view of adults, it's like your becoming total garbage after past 20...

I don't get why they're making Shino so weak and misérable, he was like one of the strongest of his generation... Dear God Japan and their terrible view of adults, it's like your becoming total garbage after past 20...

This is the same SP that had K11 dispatch Akatsuki like they were some jounin fodder in Road to Ninja.

They don't know anything about power levels.

Sesha

Shino is treated like crap, Anko is a literal fat joke, the girls are almost all entirely just housewives, and the 2-7 tails jins all died and stayed dead.

Definitely the darkest timeline.

Top Bottom