• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Pein

Banned
as somebody who hated the byakugan being overshadowed in the original manga, I'm so hyped for it becoming a main focus.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
as somebody who hated the byakugan being overshadowed in the original manga, I'm so hyped for it becoming a main focus.
Same

Sai

Well shit, and here I thought they wouldn't be able to top the Sharingan in BS power level fuckery...
Waaiiit, wait, wait... Where are you getting this from? I think only the part about telekinesis(similar to the Rinnegan's Tendō) is legit.

[EDIT] - Er, never mind. Didn't realize how far back that post was before I quoted it. :p

Thats fan art

revised post then lol

Boruto movie/anime
tumblr_nrp21iZbvQ1stbd2po1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o149w5Bj631u8x83lo1_500.gif

tumblr_o149w5Bj631u8x83lo2_500.gif

Boruto OVA

Boruto (Ikemoto Manga)

art changing slowly... (compared to the above)

Kishi still wins
Even more if you include Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto.

Bruh I forgot all about this in the movie, but apparently it can move the moon, as well as recreate a planet if it's destroyed?

Uh, iirc it can do neither. Rinnegan is the one that can create celestial bodies.

Akai__

Can we like not discuss the Boruto movie without spoiler tags?

You know, since it actually takes place much later than the actual anime...

Can we like not discuss the Boruto movie without spoiler tags?

You know, since it actually takes place much later than the actual anime...

Oops my bad

the gifs are quite ambiguous though but I will refrain in the future

the other posts though are talking about THE LAST movie though which is before Boruto was born.

Todays episode was probably the weakest in terms of the actual action and stuff (creepy kid that almost became scary) but the last portion of it about the monsters and losing chakra was very intriguing. Glad Mitsuki believes him alot.

I wish ShikadaiBoruto had dont more in the fight moment instead of just defending :(

Red Fire

Last week made it look like this would be some chocho filler but it was actually a good episode. Next week seems to be great too, looking forward to it

Fj0823

Ugh I hate people going all "They were fighting Zabuza by this point in the OG series!"

Not having this kind of short stories is what hurt the entire Naruto/Sasuke dynamic later on

LotusHD

Banned
Kishi still wins
Even more if you include Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto.

Uh, iirc it can do neither. Rinnegan is the one that can create celestial bodies.

I was going off of the wiki, which I mean... yea it's a wiki, but didn't seem to be inaccurate. But apparently Toneri had the power to dislodge it from its orbit or something along those lines. At the very least, I remember him being able to cut in half, so yea, pretty crazy lol

Moaradin

Part 1 of Naruto needed more character development in general, especially for the supporting cast. Boruto spending more time with the supporting cast is great.

Yeah I am glad that they are taking more time with the characters and character interactions

In Naruto they skipped the academy, went straight to a major genin mission for one arc, then to Chunin exams, then Sasuke retrieval.
Then part 2 was basically fight, to fight, to Sasuke, to fight, to fight, to Sasuke, to war, to Kaguya, to Sasuke with no real breathers.

We went from actual Ninja stuff to Bijuu bombs and Blast being tossed left and right, without any other focus but the Uchiha and Team 7 (Sakura and Naruto, which was pretty much chasing after Sasuke so even more Uchiha stuff).

I was going off of the wiki, which I mean... yea it's a wiki, but didn't seem to be inaccurate. But apparently Toneri had the power to dislodge it from its orbit or something along those lines. At the very least, I remember him being able to cut in half, so yea, pretty crazy lol

You see, there's a reason why the Tensiegan is so shit, other than being a filler wannabe rinnegan: it refers to two things.

One is the actual eye and the other is a weapon of destruction (which the eye is also) that is built from thousands of Byakugan. They are both called Tenseigan because someone at SP lost some brain cells. I and many others forget which powers each one can do.

There's a post that highlights just how shit the plot in The Last is, I'll try and find it.

Moaradin

List them.

I dont got all day!

Seriously though, how is this strange when the Byakugan and Sharingan both come from the same place, and Naruto already established a stronger version of the Byakugan with Kaguya, and The Last movie (if you want to count that).

The only reason the Sharingan got so many random power ups and the Byakugan didn't is because of Kishimoto's obsession with Sasuke and the Uchihas in general. All the Hyuga characters got sidelined (like most characters in the series) so they got nothing. It was pretty damn obvious the Byakugan would get the Sharingan treatment now that the main character is a Hyuga.

random25

It's not a retcon when the first chapter of Boruto manga already shows a special eye of Boruto lol. These anime episodes are just giving it a more elaborate backstory. Series fans are really weird sometimes.

The latest episode was really nice.

I dont got all day!

Seriously though, how is this strange when the Byakugan and Sharingan both come from the same place, and Naruto already established a stronger version of the Byakugan with Kaguya, and The Last movie (if you want to count that).

The only reason the Sharingan got so many random power ups and the Byakugan didn't is because of Kishimoto's obsession with Sasuke and the Uchihas in general. All the Hyuga characters got sidelined (like most characters in the series) so they got nothing. It was pretty damn obvious the Byakugan would get the Sharingan treatment now that the main character is a Hyuga.

Was being serious. Can't remember many unless you get really specific about Sharingan lore.

Eh, regardless who MC is, lore that has been clearly established in Naruto stays. The Byakugan was an inherent dojutsu to all members of the Hyuuga clan, there was no awakening (unless you are mixed). Iirc a line in the episode was saying how it had to awakened which is straight up false.

Man Boruto was so fun this episode. Loved the shadow clone brainstorming and the super hero persona.

Mitsuki keeps being awesome! Appearing out of nowhere!

Khezu

Now that movie filler man showed up, I'm extra sure Boruto is going to get the super filler bakuygan eyes from the movie.

Since it makes the most sense since it gives him similar powers to his dad with out making him a jin.

Junkbox episode. If they're going to focus on the Byakugan, then why the hell is Hinata not going to be primarily featured? She should be an absolute master at her age and experience level. Sadly, she's been relegated to the house waifu role, so he has to ask his grandpa for help. If they don't allow Hinata to shine, I'll be disappointed... But I know they won't, so..

Junkbox episode. If they're going to focus on the Byakugan, then why the hell is Hinata not going to be primarily featured? She should be an absolute master at her age and experience level. Sadly, she's been relegated to the house waifu role, so he has to ask his grandpa for help. If they don't allow Hinata to shine, I'll be disappointed... But I know they won't, so..

Hinata is a 30 year old Chunin. Her younger sister surpassed her and she still lacks the feats a 16 year old Neji pulled.

If there was ever a master of the Byakugan it was Neji.

Boruto is such a more interesting character than Naruto.

said no one

theWB27

I never got the hint Hinata would've still been training like that. I'm not understanding why she would've been a better person to go to than her father.

Just because they get old doesn't mean they get better.

Khezu

It's way to early to say he is more interesting, but he is definitely more enjoyable to watch then Naruto or Sasuke.

What are they doing with it? Neji is one of my GOAT Naruto characters

Edit: so is the Boruto anime following the same art style as the Naruto anime unlike the manga of Boruto having a different art style from the manga of Naruto?

Moaradin

Yeah, Boruto is immediately more likeable than Naruto. It is too early, but I can see him becoming a lot more interesting than Naruto (not that hard tbh).

Top Bottom