• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Shino is mediocre...harsh he's just another Iruka-sensei and is finally given the time her deserves, but I think thats just cruel to say, lol.

I too cant wait for them to be assigned to teams, cause it means more Konohamaru nii chan.

Nightbird

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

What does it do better than the original Naruto, what does it worse?

I am planning on starting this series, but I am still not sure if I should, which is why I need some input from someone who is actively watching it

Yado

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

I am planning on starting this series, but I am still not sure if I should, which is why I need some input from someone who is actively watching it

imo the only reason to watch it is if you're invested in the Naruto characters and want to see how things are going to pan out for their kids. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because there's nothing particularly remarkable about it but I think you should watch and form your own opinion, it's only been a few episodes so far.

edit:
Why are ya'll gassing Shino up? Did I miss something?

LotusHD

Banned
Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

Nothing better, I guess it's not so much that it's worse than the fact that you feel that you've seen it all before. Because well, you basically have. It's just... there. Some of the characters are also kind of hard to really care about because they're essentially clones of their parents, at least for now. Like only Boruto, Mitsuki, and Sarada stand out. Though admittedly, it's been like 4-5 episodes, so I'll give them some grace on that. I do like how Boruto feels neglected by his father, which is ironic considering everything Naruto has been through.

At this point, it's currently just a show I'm watching because why not, because nostalgia, I'm interested in seeing where'll they take it.

But in terms of thinking it'll surpass the original, anything is possible, but uhh, good luck I guess.

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

It's really fun! It's a return to the early naruto. Lots of class interaction with lots of quirky characters. A cool story so far. Also, even if you never actually watched Naruto you could easily start fresh from here.

The one negative I would give it is that in episode 2 some production issues were noticeable, but it hasn't really been a problem since then.

Nightbird

imo the only reason to watch it is if you're invested in the Naruto characters and want to see how things are going to pan out for their kids. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because there's nothing particularly remarkable about it but I think you should watch and form your own opinion, it's only been a few episodes so far.

edit:
Why are ya'll gassing Shino up? Did I miss something?

Nothing better, I guess it's not so much that it's worse than the fact that you feel that you've seen it all before. Because well, you basically have. It's just... there. Some of the characters are also kind of hard to really care about because they're essentially clones of their parents, at least for now. Like only Boruto, Mitsuki, and Sarada stand out. Though admittedly, it's been like 4-5 episodes, so I'll give them some grace on that. I do like how Boruto feels neglected by his father, which is ironic considering everything Naruto has been through.

At this point, it's currently just a show I'm watching because why not, because nostalgia, I'm interested in seeing where'll they take it.

But in terms of thinking it'll surpass the original, anything is possible, but uhh, good luck I guess.

It's really fun! It's a return to the early naruto. Lots of class interaction with lots of quirky characters. A cool story so far. Also, even if you never actually watched Naruto you could easily start fresh from here.

The one negative I would give it is that in episode 2 some production issues were noticeable, but it hasn't really been a problem since then.

Thanks for the impressions guys!

Even if it's not that different, I do have a soft spot for early Naruto, so if it's there, I think it's worth a shot.

Will watch the first few episodes, thanks!

Parshias7

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

Its fine. It is hard to tell because the show is super early on and all the episodes have been just introducing the new cast. There hasn't been anything really resembling an arc yet, although there's been a little hint of something tying the episodes together.

The real test will be probably once Boruto gets out of the academy and gets a real mission or something.

Zeroth

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

I have been watching with a friend who has never watched the original show and it has been enjoyable so far. Not going with high expectations will help you appreciate it for what it is.

Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

Naruto >>>>> Naruto Shippuuden >>>>>> Boruto

Boruto lacks the urgency and raw feeling Naruto and even shippuuden had. Characters that had serious issues and dark ambitions like Sasuke, Gaara or Naruto's nine tailed fox are absent.

Its more sugar coated and slice of life. Pretty easy to follow due to this. Also I doubt SP know much about Naruto lore.

ghstwrld

Boy why you lying.

The Shippuuden thread was bustling when canon had returned, and this was 2 year old canon btw. The Naruto manga thread was massive, especially towards the end. Heck, even the movie and Gaiden stages were lively. Why don't you make a Boruto manga thread and see how active it will be lol

You're wrong. The Naruto series was more popular in 2015 than it ever was for a long while due to the ending. Volume 72 became the best selling volume, UNS4 saw the largest opening, Boruto the Movie broke the franchise records, Naruto mobile games was top 5 in China, the novels topped the annual charts as well.

Naruto franchise remained massively popular, unlike Boruto new generations whose manga sales have declined by near 70% compared to Naruto, and opening episode TV rating couldn't even break into the top 10.

whew

I don't get why they're making Shino so weak and misérable, he was like one of the strongest of his generation... Dear God Japan and their terrible view of adults, it's like your becoming total garbage after past 20...

Haha the constant insinuation that if you're old enough to have left school then your life is over is the biggest reason why I don't watch anywhere near as much anime as I used to.

I feel like I've watched more anime set in schools than the actual real life time I went to school at this point -_-

Desmond

Hell, while the Boruto manga sells a Lot less than the Naruto one did, it still is one of the best sellers Shonen Jump has.

CrazyDude

Seems like episode 8 and 9 or going to have Hyuga stuff in it.

tumblr_opnbmxk6aK1uq12dlo1_1280.jpg

It was translated from Japanese to Spanish to English, so the translation is horrible.

rambis

Banned
Quick question:

Is Boruto good?

Show is currently ranked at 8.8 on IMDB and 7.7 on MAL. Shippuden for comparison ended 8.5 and 8.1 . Naruto OG was a 8.1 on IMDB

Personally I like the story of OG Naruto better but this better than Shippuden. It does feel fresh I will say. The characters are alot more likeable. I would probably hold off on jumping in if you havent at this point. You can see certain plot lines forming but nothing of note has really happened. I doubt there is anything major this season.

It was translated from Japanese to Spanish to English, so the translation is horrible.
I want to get my hopes up but the staff listing doesnt seem promising. I certainly want to see Boruto training with Hiashi and Hanabi though.

Episode 6 – The Final Lesson!
C_dP95-XcAQ0RHg.jpg:small

Best.

Boruto and Shikadai really have no way to deal with long range attacks, if Mitsuki wasnt there I dont see how they could have won, and then with what Naruto said, I just wonder if we can ever see Shino go all out. Would be incredible.

Mitsuki lightning style jutsu was amazing.

Red Fire

Episode 6 – The Final Lesson!
C_dP95-XcAQ0RHg.jpg:small

Best.

Boruto and Shikadai really have no way to deal with long range attacks, if Mitsuki wasnt there I dont see how they could have won, and then with what Naruto said, I just wonder if we can ever see Shino go all out. Would be incredible.

Mitsuki lightning style jutsu was amazing.

Agreed with everything. Love the bond between boruto and shikadai, true bros. This episode was cool.
Next week seems to be filler-y

good stuff right here

apparently from the image we will see Hanabi as well

I wonder what happened to the Hyuga clan now that she is charge

SoulUnison

Banned
It's so weird when characters that are sometimes shown as moving so fast that they "teleport" are show slowly and clumsily running away from something.

Also, come to think of it, I thought Mitsuki did seals with one hand, but it was just the camera angle.
Have we really never seen anyone do major seals one-handed since it was pointed out waaaay back versus Zabuza and Haku?

CrazyDude

Here are better translations of the synopsis for future episodes.

Episode 7 (May 17) – Love and Potato Chips...!!
Boruto's classmate, Chōchō Akimichi, has been feeling the gaze of an unseen figure on her, making her uncomfortable. When she finally catches the culprit Magire Kakuremino, it is revealed that he was actually watching Chōchō's class representative. After knowing that Magire has feelings for Class Rep, Chōchō encourages him to confess to her.

Episode 8 (May 24) – A Dream's Message
On a certain night, Boruto had a dream where he was given an Ocular Power from a mysterious character. Boruto believes that he had awoken the Byakugan, an inherited ability from his mother, Hinata's side of the family, the Hyuga clan. His father Naruto however, does not believe him. Hence Boruto decided to go to his grandfather Hiashi's place to listen to the story of the Byakugan.

Episode 9 (May 31) – One's Own Proof
To prove that he had awoken the Byakugan, it is decided that Boruto will spar with his aunt, Hanabi. With Naruto and his grandfather watching over them, Boruto fights boldly, but no matter how hard he tries he is not able to activate the Byakugan, and gets down on himself as a result.

Episode 9 (June 7) – Begin investigations on the Ghost Incidents!!
Summary not available yet!
tumblr_opsr63hzcb1uq12dlo1_540.jpg

1- The Uzumaki family is a normal family. The father is busy working, the mother takes care of the kids. Even though Boruto is constantly misbehaving and conflicting with his dad, he still loves his dad the most.

2- The Nara family has great strength, they're a simple but very happy family.

3- The village children is everyone's children, so even if the child belongs to someone else, when they misbehaved Hinata will still be strict to them.

4- The Mitsuki now is similar to a robot, he doesn't have any emotions or common sense, he will slowly develop along with Konoha's children in the future. Mitsuki and Boruto and co's relationship changes is also worth watching.

5- From now on the Uchiha family should get attention.
Even though the anime didn't show it in detail, but from now on the anime will show it little by little. Please look forward to Sakura, Sasuke, Sarada's relationship.

Do we know why Mitsuki is so interested in Boruto? I've read/seen all the other Boruto stuff except for that current ongoing manga thing.

SoulUnison

Banned
Do we know why Mitsuki is so interested in Boruto? I've read/seen all the other Boruto stuff except for that current ongoing manga thing.

Mitsuki keeps going on about Boruto being the "Sun" to, presumably, his "Moon?"
I wonder if
Orochimaru
is trying to artificially recreate his own Indra reincarnation/transmigrant?

Agreed with everyone here about this episode. The characters just have such a good dynamic and they are so fun to see interact with each other. Helps that the show looks great. Really liking all the new kids. Also the ShikadaixBorutoxMitsuki combo is best. The reaction faces were priceless.

LordKasual

Banned
Well shit, and here I thought they wouldn't be able to top the Sharingan in BS power level fuckery...

The Tensaigan is a kekkei genkai that unlocks 100% of the user's brain, while the normal human mind only uses 10% of their brain. The Tensaigan can inhance the user's five senses, (sight, smell, taste, hearing, feel,) by almost double, but if your really skilled in the Tensaigan, then it could multiply your senses by three. People using the Tensaigan can communicate to anyone telepathically within a ten mile radius. The person could also read anyone's mind they want that is in their ten mile radius. The wielder of the Tensaigan could also use telekinesis while the Tensaigan is activated.

Oh i am SUPER straight on naruto now

The end of the manga was on some silly shit, but I see the manga isn't done being stupid by a longshot

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Here are better translations of the synopsis for future episodes.

Episode 7 (May 17) – Love and Potato Chips…!!
Boruto’s classmate, Chōchō Akimichi, has been feeling the gaze of an unseen figure on her, making her uncomfortable. When she finally catches the culprit Magire Kakuremino, it is revealed that he was actually watching Chōchō’s class representative. After knowing that Magire has feelings for Class Rep, Chōchō encourages him to confess to her.

Episode 8 (May 24) – A Dream’s Message
On a certain night, Boruto had a dream where he was given an Ocular Power from a mysterious character. Boruto believes that he had awoken the Byakugan, an inherited ability from his mother, Hinata’s side of the family, the Hyuga clan. His father Naruto however, does not believe him. Hence Boruto decided to go to his grandfather Hiashi’s place to listen to the story of the Byakugan.

Episode 9 (May 31) – One’s Own Proof
To prove that he had awoken the Byakugan, it is decided that Boruto will spar with his aunt, Hanabi. With Naruto and his grandfather watching over them, Boruto fights boldly, but no matter how hard he tries he is not able to activate the Byakugan, and gets down on himself as a result.

Episode 9 (June 7) – Begin investigations on the Ghost Incidents!!
Summary not available yet!
tumblr_opsr63hzcb1uq12dlo1_540.jpg
Is that Hinata or Hanabi in the art?

Yado

The Boruto anime design is awful, no grown woman dresses like that. It looks like a kindergartener's outfit

Top Bottom