• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad Ellis (former member of Easy Allies and gametrailers) officially joins Last Stand Media

Roufianos

I don't understand the purpose of the show relative to LSM. They already have multiple shows weekly that do this, right?
So the main shows usually spend 40 mins or so discussing games they're playing, and the bulk of the show discussing the actual industry. This is meant to be hours of just straight up discussing games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's ironic how these people have probably hurt the causes they claim to support by completely cheapening the meaning of words like nazi, facist, transphobe, etc. It's like the boy who cried wolf in the real world.

Like 15 years ago you told me someone was a nazi and it meant something, now when I hear someone is a nazi it's like "ok but for real? or did he make a joke about women being loud?"
You told me someone was transphobic and I'd picture someone who hated trans people possibly to the point of wanting to harm them, now it's like "ok but for real? or do they hold the reasonable belief that maybe they shouldn't compete with biological women in sports?"
Yup.

And that term has thrived because nobody cracked down on it when used for marginal issues. Imagine being in the cafeteria and people are getting coffee.

Person 1: I like sugar in mine

Person 2: I like cream in mine

Person 3: You guys are Nazis. Adding milk is clearly the best

Well, leave it to modern day drama queens to act big when they dont get their way. Manchildren galore.

Last edited:
With how butch and violent a lot of trans people have been on videos on social media. Maybe everyone should be transphobes. They're a violent, angry bunch of nuts, in and out of their pants.

Having listened to it, it's notable how disillusioned Colin seems with modern AAA gaming. Almost all of his list was remakes and indie games emulating his childhood classics.

He talks shit about journalists not playing games but this is almost as bad. His reasons for skipping games like Star Wars and the Cyberpunk DLC, when he enjoyed the previous entry for both, just come across as stubborn.

Not to mention his complete disinterest in anything outside of Playstation. He claims to love metroidvanias but e.g. won't even check out Metroid Dread.

Obviously he's an amazing analyst of the industry itself but this episode clearly shows why the hiring of Brad is necessary.
It seems like Brad is preparing to coach him through an entire Souls game, which would be hilarious

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
bJwuRl7.jpg

ZuI5Qac.gif

I don't understand the purpose of the show relative to LSM. They already have multiple shows weekly that do this, right?
If that’s the case it’s about doing dude a solid and giving him a job until he finds other employment. His fan base literally turned on him because their threshold for error is so fucking low (and having a friend no matter his beliefs go on a show and talk video games should not be a point to whip out the riot gear)

ByWatterson

Having listened to it, it's notable how disillusioned Colin seems with modern AAA gaming. Almost all of his list was remakes and indie games emulating his childhood classics.

He talks shit about journalists not playing games but this is almost as bad. His reasons for skipping games like Star Wars and the Cyberpunk DLC, when he enjoyed the previous entry for both, just come across as stubborn.

Not to mention his complete disinterest in anything outside of Playstation. He claims to love metroidvanias but e.g. won't even check out Metroid Dread.

Obviously he's an amazing analyst of the industry itself but this episode clearly shows why the hiring of Brad is necessary.

Love Colin, but I agree. They need an enthusiasm injection without the homerism of the Dukes.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Colin, is a die hard Sony fanboy. Extreme fanboyism. It can be frustrating when listening to some of his wild takes but I respect his work ethic and his ability to be unapologetically Colin.

If you can look passed that, he can be great.

wvnative

I cannot believe this many people have this much energy to be so upset and outraged by this. Do those people not have lives?

That purple thread is so entertaining.

Only watched EZA very casually for reviews and previews, brad seemed the chillest. He will fit right in and hopefully he was prepared for the harassment he is gonna get.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Playing games is purely about fun. Why would he play games he doesn't want to play? That defeats the purpose of gaming entirely. He's not a journalist anymore, he's a gamer who runs a gaming network.

With how butch and violent a lot of trans people have been on videos on social media. Maybe everyone should be transphobes. They're a violent, angry bunch of nuts, in and out of their pants.
I'd suggest against these sort of blanket generalizations. Most trans people aren't activists, and just want to live their life. They're making the best out of an uncomfortable situation that doesn't really have any easy answers or ideal medical treatment just yet. Maybe go watch some Blare White videos, and remind yourself that the regular "normal" people of any group are generally not represented by activists.

*cough cough* congrats to Brad and Colin for expanding the team 👍

Fuck EZ Allies, the sooner they die the better. The *best* thing Brad could ever do is say adios and join the Last Stand Media team. Colin, keep being you, I've admired your work since back when you were still doing reviews for IGN, your knowledge and insight is always appreciated even if I don't always agree with your takes. Sacred Symbols is - by far - the best gaming podcast we've ever had, there's a reason you've built such a following, onward and upward!

I'd suggest against these sort of blanket generalizations. Most trans people aren't activists, and just want to live their life. They're making the best out of an uncomfortable situation that doesn't really have any easy answers or ideal medical treatment just yet. Maybe go watch some Blare White videos, and remind yourself that the regular "normal" people of any group are generally not represented by activists.
I get it, but I do find it funny that this might be the one proper use of phobia that gets thrown around. The videos people see on social media are violent, and it's logical to be afriad of (aka phobia) violence. It's not logical to be afraid of a type of person. I think the terminology is stupid. There should be a different term for people that believe it's how they are perceive themselves vs those that see it as a mental condition as defined in the book. Neither view is being afraid of something.

Fbh

Colin, is a die hard Sony fanboy. Extreme fanboyism. It can be frustrating when listening to some of his wild takes but I respect his work ethic and his ability to be unapologetically Colin.

I don't find him extremely fanboyish. Like yeah he is definitely not impartial and he stubbornly refuses to play on anything but Playstation but it's not like he blindly loves everything playstation does, is never critical of them and has the "Sony can do no wrong" mentality you see with some fanboys here.
He was pretty underwhelmed by PSVR2 and has been rather unenthusiastic about a bunch of Ps5 exclusives including big profile games like GOW Ragnarok. He says he understand why Sony is focusing on GAAS but he isn't excited about any of the games, etc.

graywolf323

The avatar is from Ghost of Tsushima, so I'd assume Sucker Punch.
there was another post from someone at Sony Santa Monica who claimed that Colin was being a childish bully for attacking EZA on his podcast (as if it was unprovoked 🙄)

there’s absolute zero self-reflection from the actual childish bullies that inhabit Era

Last edited:

AmuroChan

I don't find him extremely fanboyish. Like yeah he is definitely not impartial and he stubbornly refuses to play on anything but Playstation but it's not like he blindly loves everything playstation does, is never critical of them and has the "Sony can do no wrong" mentality you see with some fanboys here.
He was pretty underwhelmed by PSVR2 and has been rather unenthusiastic about a bunch of Ps5 exclusives including big profile games like GOW Ragnarok. He says he understand why Sony is focusing on GAAS but he isn't excited about any of the games, etc.

Colin loves PlayStation, but fanboy he certainly is not. He is more critical on PlayStation than any other PS podcasts I listen to. He destroyed them on the Bungie disaster. He called them out on Dreams, Days Gone, Driveclub, the closure of Japan Studio, PSVR2, etc. He was an early skeptic on No Man's Sky and The Order 1886 and got flack for it from actual Sony fanboys. Yes, he likes a lot of things about PlayStation, but he's not going to blindly defend them when Sony makes dumb decisions.

Last edited:

graywolf323

If that is the case, fuck them and their games from here on out. They wanna play that game, so can I.
eh I think that’s a bit of an overreaction because it’s not like the people that post on Era are the studio heads or even likely remotely close to upper management

these are more likely peons with an overinflated sense of self-importance, you’re going to find nuts like that at almost every western game studio these days sadly

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
there was another post from someone at Sony Santa Monica who claimed that Colin was being a childish bully for attacking EZA on his podcast (as if it was unprovoked 🙄)

I hope they roasted that turd at the stake for basically admitting he listens to Colin's podcast :messenger_grinning_smiling:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

This isn't true AT ALL!!! He loves Playstation (that's fine), but he's not a fanboy lol. He crushes Sony almost as much as he praises them. And that says something when Sony has been cooking with Playstation for the last 12 years straight.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The funny thing is Colin is one of the most normal, uncontroversial people I've ever seen. There are people in that space who are infinitely more politically incorrect and vulgar. He's only consider such by a small minority of people because for whatever reason, the online gaming community is really out there. It says more about how wacky they are than it does about Colin. And that particular forum is the most extreme sectors of those who are "out there." They also banned Angry Joe, ACG, and Gene Park from that site. It's per the norm for them. It's a total looney bin.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm completely out of the loop

What's REEEEE's problem with this guy leaving EZA?
Colin once tweeted about the unfairness of those who transition competing in womens sports. I believe this ended his time at Kinda Funny? He also went on Joe Rogan.

Both of these things made him satan to them and he started his own gaming media company.

The purples seem to love Easy Allies and I believe Brad was friends with Colin since before all the drama.

Easy Allies hasn't been doing great and are making cuts on their content. So Brad jumped shiped from them to Colin's company to earn a living.

I think it's something like that.

Last edited:

TaroYamada

Colin once tweeted about the unfairness of those who transition competing in womens sports. I believe this ended his time at Kinda Funny? He also went on Joe Rogan.

Both of these things made him satan to them and he started his own gaming media company.

The purples seem to love Easy Allies and I believe Brad was friends with Colin.

Easy Allies hasn't been doing great and are making cuts on their content. So Brad jumped shiped from them to Colin's company to earn a living.

I think it's something like that.
His time at Kinda funny ended due to a women's day joke about women talking too much, it was a pretty mundane joke that you'd hear at any bar in America.

swaffles23

That's not true at all. I've followed him for years and hear him shit on PlayStation regularly

TaroYamada

You know, when era had "the completionist thread" open I posted about my mom, that she is probably with Alzheimer now. Nobody gave a shit to reply that.
Once in 2018 or 2019 I posted about historical inaccuracies on the Battlefield V trailer and got banned.
Fuck that place.
Sorry your mom has alzheimers, probably one of the worst natural ways to go.

Top Bottom