• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| A better Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy

I finally reached Chapter 6, very early in it and I have three questions:

Should I try destroying one of the crystals?
Genome drain... worth it?
I assume the items in the locked chests are some of the best in the game, right?

L~A

So...

Bfpk-g9IcAAMtjQ.jpg

Yup, I've used the eShop for 94h. No, I download while in sleep mode.

Well, what a fantastic experience Bravely Default was. I've rarely had such a satisfying ending... it was really fantastic to deal the blow to the final boss. I'm not turn-based RPG expert, so I have to admit I was quite tensed by the whole battle, but it felt so great when I dealt the finish blow. And I love the ending : wonderful song, such a nice reward after battling the final boss (battle was real long for me). And it's quite nice and simple, not some super epic stuff.

Honestly, fantastic game. Definitely not without its flaws, but damn, was it a satisfying experience. Thanks Silicon Studio, Square-Enix and Nintendo for the game :)

I assume the items in the locked chests are some of the best in the game, right?

1) your choice will dictate which ending you get. Want me to tell you which one is the true ending? Oh, but don't worry, whatever ending you chose, if you save after the credits, you can restart right at the beginning of chapter 6 I believe.
2) no idea, sorry xD
3) among the best yup, but it's not the best. You get the really best items :
In the bonus dungeon, right before the last dungeon of the true ending, and by completing all the sidequests in chapters 6 and +

Damn spoiler tags :p

Goli

So, the American release is soon and I said very early on in this thread I would do the OT if people wanted a separate one for NA, do people want one or would they rather keep using this one?

rybrad

So, the American release is soon and I said very early on in this thread I would do the OT if people wanted a separate one for NA, do people want one or would they rather keep using this one?
Opinions seem mixed but I would probably prefer a separate OT. Everyone can start fresh without having to go 50 pages in for the current discussions and less risk of spoilers (or the temptation to click them at least).

Opinions seem mixed but I would probably prefer a separate OT. Everyone can start fresh without having to go 50 pages in for the current discussions and less risk of spoilers (or the temptation to click them at least).
Yeah, a new OT would be best for NA release. I remember FE did that when it came out for EU regions.

Lombax

Banned

My preference would be for a new NA thread. There are going to be many new people picking up the game [myself included] so it may be best to have a fresh thread.

I think a new one is warrented for NA release. Lots of potential players probably don't read this mega thread

also this.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Genome Drain basically functions as a Blue Mage.

zroid

Banned
Personally I would prefer there not be two co-existing OTs, so if a new one were to be made, it would be ideal if this were locked. Alternatively, it would be okay if, say, the title of this thread were changed to reflect its now worldwide availability.

The time mages in this game really remind me of the time lords from Doctor Who. The similar look is probably a coincidence but I still like them more because of it.

1) your choice will dictate which ending you get. Want me to tell you which one is the true ending? Oh, but don't worry, whatever ending you chose, if you save after the credits, you can restart right at the beginning of chapter 6 I believe.
2) no idea, sorry xD
3) among the best yup, but it's not the best. You get the really best items :
In the bonus dungeon, right before the last dungeon of the true ending, and by completing all the sidequests in chapters 6 and +

Damn spoiler tags :p

Well, I broke the wind crystal and got the first ending which I assume is not the real one since Airy was talking about someone called Ouroboros. Guess I gotta put in some more work!
All sidequests as in beating all bosses again?

Thanks!

Genome Drain basically functions as a Blue Mage.

I just wasn't sure how to get the various spells but being attacked by the enemy is apparently enough

I could always re-edit stuff for the NA release but if you need anything from this OT could PM me and I'll share it to you.

Sora_N

Does anyone know when I'm able to access the demo bonus items?

I'm not sure if I screwed it up, but I ran out of space on my OG 3DS so I completed the demo bonuses on my XL and then started the game on XL. I saved and played on my OG again, didn't see any of the items.

EDIT: Tried the game on my XL again, maybe the bonuses don't show up until I progress further?

Does anyone know when I'm able to access the demo bonus items?

I'm not sure if I screwed it up, but I ran out of space on my OG 3DS so I completed the demo bonuses on my XL and then started the game on XL. I saved and played on my OG again, didn't see any of the items.

EDIT: Tried the game on my XL again, maybe the bonuses don't show up until I progress further?

Should appear to say you've unlocked so-so item set etc when you first start the game and these are what you get from the demo, sort of useless items tbh:
All 7 reward sets now, they are:
Gameplay reward
Played the demo version
Caldislan Relief Set
Antidote x2
Eye Drops x2
Echo Herbs x2

Norende fully restored
Caldislan Adventurer's Set
Bronze Bangle x1
Phoenix Down x2

Mid-boss reward
Melusine reward
Caldislan Recovery Set
Potion x3
Hi-potion x1

Minotaur reward
Caldislan White Mage's Set
Staff x1
Ether x1

Adamant. Shell reward
Caldislan Black Mage's Set
Rod x1
Ether x1

Boss reward
Dragon reward
Caldislan Soldier's Set
Bronze Helm x1
Leather Armor x1

Automation reward
Caldislan Knight's Set
Broadsword x1
Buckler x1

Sora_N

Should appear to say you've unlocked so-so item set etc when you first start the game and these are what you get from the demo, sort of useless items tbh:

I got the message but none of the items are in my inventory. I think I was supposed to start the game from my XL. Lol I dont think I will bother since the items aren't that important.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damn, y'all. I think I'm going to get this. I dunno what it is, but SMT4 is driving me nuts. The recruiting and fusing system is all jacked up, not exciting and addictive like it was in past games. The story and characters are also making me snooze, which is crazy since SMT used to be all about coming off so real, not just hardcore in a gameplay sense but in a subject and content sense, like rock n roll, you know? This mainstream-ized form is killing the flavor without replacing it with something fanciful, so I think I'm gonna replace the act of playing it with something more fanciful, Bravely Default.

robotrock

Banned
This game seems complicated as hell from the demo. I literally have no idea what to do. Is the full game a lot better about easing you into the mechanics? I need to be spoon fed.

Is there going to be a North America OT ? I liked how Eurolandia got their own OT for Fire Emblem, it helps to keep people from getting spoiled.

This game seems complicated as hell from the demo. I literally have no idea what to do. Is the full game a lot better about easing you into the mechanics? I need to be spoon fed.

It's not complicated but the demo has zero instructions. Kind of dumb if you ask me. Spend 5 minutes showing us how to play. I picked it up really fast and by the end I was like the dog in the middle of that FTL picture. Lol

I've had a few friends ask me about this game and I will not even tell them there is a demo because they will give up in frustration guaranteed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I did have my entire team wiped out in the first encounter without even killing one of the opposition. That seems pretty harsh, but then I did stray off into the mountains before a random encounter took place, so maybe only the fields next to the town were safe at lvl1.

robotrock

Banned
It's not complicated but the demo has zero instructions. Kind of dumb if you ask me. Spend 5 minutes showing us how to play. I picked it up really fast and by the end I was like the dog in the middle of that FTL picture. Lol

I've had a few friends ask me about this game and I will not even tell them there is a demo because they will give up in frustration guaranteed.
Yeah the lack of instructions was difficult. It just told me stuff I could do.

I did have my entire team wiped out in the first encounter without even killing one of the opposition. That seems pretty harsh, but then I did stray off into the mountains before a random encounter took place, so maybe only the fields next to the town were safe at lvl1.
Haha yeah, this same exact thing happened to me. Twice.

Velcro Fly

Delivery confirmation for next week! Yes! I don't have prime and I don't pay for shipping, so it will be about a week late. But I'm getting it!

Also I got the confirmation right after prodding them about it, so who knows if they are just placating the people that are pissed or what. I mean the emails arrived in my inbox at the exact same time.

Delivery confirmation for next week! Yes! I don't have prime and I don't pay for shipping, so it will be about a week late. But I'm getting it!

Also I got the confirmation right after prodding them about it, so who knows if they are just placating the people that are pissed or what. I mean the emails arrived in my inbox at the exact same time.

Mine says Feb13th - 15th and I'm ok with that I have one more gym to beat on Pokemon before I start Bravely Default and then after I'm done with that BD I will go back and finish the rest of Pokemon.

Collectors edition!! So hyped

vctor182

Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition on Amazon December 12th and got a confirmation email saying it will be delivered on launch day (which is my birthday!). Awesome weekend ahead!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what is the most broken combination right now? Just got back after awhile and edea as a
ninja
killing everything by dodging while everyone else is dead is highly amusing to me, but I doubt that it will work all the time.

Sora_N

So what is the most broken combination right now? Just got back after awhile and edea as a
ninja
killing everything by dodging while everyone else is dead is highly amusing to me, but I doubt that it will work all the time.

Ninja was hax in the demo for me. Tiz killed most of the random monsters using brave lol.

Laieon

I preordered the collectors edition back in December, I have prime, I'm still seeing "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." Hoping that changes soon. :/

Top Bottom