• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

The_Poet

Banned
Un-installed Fifa last night.

Game relies way too much on the terrible A.I. to be in the right place for you (which is never the case).

8bit

Knows the Score
Looks like I'm going to Dublin for a business jaunt in May, any recommendations for things to see or should I just mope about the city looking for Joyce related things while singing the theme from Ulysses 31?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
How was everyone's weekend?

We saw the controversial Oscar-nominated American war action film "American Sniper", directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Bradley Cooper.

8bit

Knows the Score

We saw the controversial Oscar-nominated American war action film "American Sniper", directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Bradley Cooper.

I fell asleep towards the end of the prequel, American Hustle. Does American Sniper explain what happened to him that made him join the army?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I fell asleep towards the end of the prequel, American Hustle. Does American Sniper explain what happened to him that made him join the army?

Not really. It's more a middle episode to set up American Beauty. That ex military guy in Beauty features in Sniper quite a lot.

(Not really. He's just a very manly macho man Man who is good with a rifle. )

brown people are bad.

The 'baddie' is an eyeliner wearing ninja sniper who can leap across buildings. There's even burka wearing female baddies who scowl at nothing and look shifty as they call for reinforcements. It's like the shifty dog in the Simpsons.

Spookie

Just keen to know what Liverpool is like without having to listen to draining teachers and fellow students who only care about its Russell Group prestige and "beautiful city!!!".

Shopping & Eating: Visit Liverpool One, loads of relatively cheap chain places there. There are better locations but they will be a 10 minute walk from the centre of town.
Drinking: Matthews Street is OK, most of the pubs round there are fine. Stay away from Concert Square unless you're underage or looking to get glassed by some pillock. Edit: You're a student, go to Concert Square.

As for the Uni, don't know. I know a lot of people who went there and really enjoy their time there. They all did fake subjects like Philosophy though. It's a cheap place to live mind you.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sold. give this film an oscar. not the director, not the actor, the physical embodiment of the film. just put the dvd on the plinth next to the award.

And everyone can shout "U S A! U S A!" Or maybe "D V D! D V D!"

quick q for the techies... I've just received an email from our property management co saying that fibre broadband is being installed by Hyperoptic and giving me a price list for subscription. We've only just signed up to EE. is there not a way to use EE fibre optic?

Shopping & Eating: Visit Liverpool One, loads of relatively cheap chain places there. There are better locations but they will be a 10 minute walk from the centre of town.
Drinking: Matthews Street is OK, most of the pubs round there are fine. Stay away from Concert Square unless you're underage or looking to get glassed by some pillock. Edit: You're a student, go to Concert Square.

Stay away from everything Spookie has said.

Seal Street is where you want to go for some food and drink, good prices and superb quality too. That whole part of town is the best. You wont see any of the "bad" things you hear about Liverpool. Check this out It's a discount card for a lot of places across the city and it'll give you a few choices where to go depending what it is you're looking for.

There's also the obvious Bold Street which is full of everything. Then further down towards the pier/docks is where you'll find Liverpool 1 and more of the shopping area of the city.

I went to John Moores University studing Film and Media Production. Lived in the city in the student flats by Lime Street and loved it. It was pretty cheap for the 44 week agreement thingy living with 4 other people. There's always something going on and everyones mega friendly (except the #UNILAD!!!!! nobheads)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Has anybody been to the city before? How is it? Also, if anyone has had any slither of experience with their Uni, that'd be great too!

Just keen to know what Liverpool is like without having to listen to draining teachers and fellow students who only care about its Russell Group prestige and "beautiful city!!!".

I love Liverpool. It's a happy place - everybody you meet treats you like you've known them forever - there's nowhere else like it in England.

My daughter is just finishing her doctorate at the uni (well, one of them - I think Liverpool's got about three?). Good uni. Plenty going on.

It gets bloody cold in winter though.

NinjaBoiX

Bonobo feat. Szjerdene - Towers

- that glitchy chiptune loop on the chorus, fuuuucccc....

and we all may or may not have raped Jimbor's mum
Mum jokes are gross.
Pretty good, had a decent birthday trip back to Sunderland, caught up with some peeps, had a good drink, nearly split up with the GF (again) but then had the whole "lovin' make up" part after she apologised profusely for being such a nob.

Mixed feelings, I love her and she's hot and all that, but she's such a fucking minge at times. Hmm...

Going to London Wed-Friday to see Dillon Francis in KOKO.

First time being around that area of London. Seeing as the cerfew is 11pm at the gig does anyone know any good bars/places to eat around there?

And everyone can shout "U S A! U S A!" Or maybe "D V D! D V D!"

quick q for the techies... I've just received an email from our property management co saying that fibre broadband is being installed by Hyperoptic and giving me a price list for subscription. We've only just signed up to EE. is there not a way to use EE fibre optic?

do ee even provide fibre?

Spookie

Seal Street is where you want to go for some food and drink, good prices and superb quality too. That whole part of town is the best. You wont see any of the "bad" things you hear about Liverpool. Check this out It's a discount card for a lot of places across the city and it'll give you a few choices where to go depending what it is you're looking for.

If you're living as a stundent you're not going to have the cash for Seal Street. Last time we went there for a work do we got fucking rinsed. You're a student. You buy potato vodka from tescos and get blind drunk and to go Rev of a Wednesday and The Raz of a Friday. Priorities.

I went to John Moores University studing Film and Media Production. Lived in the city in the student flats by Lime Street and loved it. It was pretty cheap for the 44 week agreement thingy living with 4 other people. There's always something going on and everyones mega friendly (except the #UNILAD!!!!! nobheads)

Ah-ha. Grand Central. I basically lived on a sofa in there for 2 years. Good times, flats are basic as they come and the cleaner was a top notch dealer too. Good times.

Edit: Fuck, forgot to edit. :/

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
do ee even provide fibre?

Yeah but don't sign up with EE. I can confirm their tech support is garbage. If you're going with EE get the TV package and you get through to an English team for all queries.

Too late. We're already with them. No complaints so far tbh. I just wanted to know whether we can use the fibre optic cable being fitted by Hyperoptic or whether we needed to sign up with Hyperoptic (which isn't going to happen for another year at least).

Spookie

Too late. We're already with them. No complaints so far tbh. I just wanted to know whether we can use the fibre optic cable being fitted by Hyperoptic or whether we needed to sign up with Hyperoptic (which isn't going to happen for another year at least).

You'd need to sign up to Hyperoptic it's the last leg is their own so to speak. EE only provide FTTC through BT Wholesale. Oh and BT Wholesale are fucking awful at delivering things on time.

Speak to retentions though, they can force a new regrade if you ask them. If you PM your number/postcode, 1st line of address to me I can tell you what services you can get.

Son Of D

I tell you, having wi-fi in the flat is not something I should be celebrating because I'd expect to have it in the first place. Feels good to not have to rely on shitty mobile hotspots with my laptop.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You'd need to sign up to Hyperoptic it's the last leg is their own so to speak. EE only provide FTTC through BT Wholesale. Oh and BT Wholesale are fucking awful at delivering things on time.

Speak to retentions though, they can force a new regrade if you ask them. If you PM your number/postcode, 1st line of address to me I can tell you what services you can get.

Will do. What is FTTC? What is regrade? What do you do?

Volotaire

Errr wow guys. I arrive onto campus and there's a bus with its roof completely cut off it. The oddest image to see in Central London.

Spookie

Will do. What is FTTC? What is regrade? What do you do?

FTTC: Fibre to Cabinet.
Regrade: Upgrading an account to provide new services. Retentions can do it the cheapest basically. Again if you want good customer service get EETV, you'll come through to a team of 30 in Liverpool who know their shit and aren't complete spastics.
I have a BT system which allows me to look at the services you can get in your area and accurate speed results.

Volotaire

Some pictures of this craziness (Also I do not go to King's/KCL it just so happens one of their buildings is right on our campus)
10961761_1582419155329232_1517400598_n.jpg

10904657_1582419141995900_974016865_n.jpg
\

10956023_1582419128662568_151156438_n.jpg

Regrade: Upgrading an account to provide new services. Retentions can do it the cheapest basically. Again if you want good customer service get EETV, you'll come through to a team of 30 in Liverpool who know their shit and aren't complete spastics.
I have a BT system which allows me to look at the services you can get in your area and accurate speed results.
you seem smart. are you a wizard?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Thanks! I will PM.

-

Sounds supremely faffy. I wish I had a PA.

Thanks! I will PM.

-

Sounds supremely faffy. I wish I had a PA.
fibre to the cabinet means the shitty old phone line is used to get to your house and so the speed is poop, relative to fttp or fibre to the property.

that's the extent of my knowledge. virgin are great and enabled me to download demon's souls faster than the bloody thing took to install.
granted this is on the ps3 so 56k dial up could have achieved the same thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
fibre to the cabinet means the shitty old phone line is used to get to your house and so the speed is poop, relative to fttp or fibre to the property.

that's the extent of my knowledge. virgin are great and enabled me to download demon's souls faster than the bloody thing took to install.

Hah. I'm not super fussed. It'd just be nice to be super fast. I've never really had any problems though. The times I have downloaded big ps4 games I've had to leave it on rest mode for a couple of days, but it's a good deterrent from wasting money on a digital copy.

I hear those piercings can be painful.

Hur Hur hur.

Actually plotting second tattoo and some more ear piercings but I'm not sure a PA would be possible or feasible. It'd probably require some form of surgery prior to piercing. It's probably not worth it.

Spookie

Yeah that's correct, provided you're close to the cab you'll get 80/20. After about 100 yards the speed drops like a fucking brick. BT are rolling out gFast though which will be fibre to the distribution point (ie telegraph pole) which could get up to 300Mbs in testing. But considering Openreach are over stretched and incompetent expect it to be late as usual.

Virgin is dependant on how many people they have in the cab. The more in the cab the shittier your speeds at peak time will be. It bottlenecks like a motherfucker. Some people have recieved 50% speed drops due to the cab being over subscribed.

Long story short: Both companies are shit for two diffrent reasons.

Hah. I'm not super fussed. It'd just be nice to be super fast. I've never really had any problems though. The times I have downloaded big ps4 games I've had to leave it on rest mode for a couple of days, but it's a good deterrent from wasting money on a digital copy.

If you go fibre plus you could download a 20gb game in 35 minutes.

The_Poet

Banned

Hur Hur hur.

Actually plotting second tattoo and some more ear piercings but I'm not sure a PA would be possible or feasible. It'd probably require some form of surgery prior to piercing. It's probably not worth it.

As someone with no tattoos or piercings (that I know of). I've actually been toying with the idea of getting a PA just for kicks.

Going to London Wed-Friday to see Dillon Francis in KOKO.

First time being around that area of London. Seeing as the cerfew is 11pm at the gig does anyone know any good bars/places to eat around there?

Did you want to eat before the gig? The Lyttleton Arms is just opposite and does nice American Diner style cheap food. Or you an just take a short walk up to Camden, the Black Heart does nice burgers and an amazing range of beer.

NinjaBoiX

Tool are fucking awesome guys. In The Courtyard listening to endless tweeny emo cack (like Paramore), then Tool come on. I don't even really like metal, but fuck me those guys are amazing.

Danny Carey =

8nzRmv8.jpg

Top Bottom