• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
N3DS is worth the upgrade if you have an old 3DS and use it a lot. the 3DS is much improve, the build quality feels better and the volume slider being moved to the top screen in a god send. No more accidental rubbing it while playing Smash Bros.

after living for over a month without one, i am finally getting a fridge/freezer tomorrow. huzzah!
that fox news screencap finally applies to me.

i want a New (tm) 3ds too despite never touching mine. i also want majora's mask despite finding most zelda games to be insufferable chores.

The_Poet

Banned
Booked a chinese internal flight for £240 return. Then on the confirmation email they kindly upgraded the return trip to first class.

I say kindly but what I really mean is they charged us £800 extra for it when we didn't select it. We got our money back and flight re-booked but still, thieving bastards

How the hell did you manage that? :/
rented an unfurnished flat that had a load of the last tenant's stuff in it, including a broken fridge. took ages to order a new one partly due to being poor, partly because nobody was able to deliver one/remove the old one cause of the holidays.
all in all, thanks obama.

Can I borrow a shelf in your freezer? I haven't had ice cream in so long.
no. first place of my own that has a freezer. i am filling it with my own dirty communist ice cream and not sharing any of it, rather ironically.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I imagine it as an ice cream substitute made from dandelions, nettles and mud. Which is then pounded into a gloop and painted white with regulation paint. The Great Leader Provides!

Who?

Tempted by the new 3ds. But must resist. I know I'll never really love it. It'll just be another Nintendo machine that I admire but am indifferent to deep down.

I think I might try Grim Fandango when it comes out tomorrow, not that my Lumines addiction shows any signs of stopping.

Perhaps e3 will prove me wrong, but I imagine the New 3DS models will prove to be as unremarkable as the DSi. Namely very limited exclusive software to make use of the improvements as developers need the sales base of the original models. A great system if like me you had never owned a DS, but ultimately of limited benefit for Lite owners.

I imagine it as an ice cream substitute made from dandelions, nettles and mud. Which is then pounded into a gloop and painted white with regulation paint. The Great Leader Provides!

YOU ARE WRONG CAPITALIST WAGE SLAVE!
it's made from the sweat that falls from the brows of my brothers and sisters after hours of glorious toil.

i might bring some to the jew web.

SKINNER!

Banned
Gd'day chaps and chappettes!

Haven't posted here in a while. Just been busy doing stuff (work/career-wise) in the background. Preparing for 2015. Trying to see if I am financially able to go to E3 this year.

Still talking about gaming? I managed to finish Uncharted on the Vita while visitng the parents. Great I guess. Repetitve at times. Still enjoyed it. Was tempted to pick up Retro City Rampage for the Vita but bailed. Instead I tried a free copy of a Hatsune Miku game I found pre-installed on it. Shit...is...addictive! Couldn't stop playing it.

Decided last night to dig out my NDS and go through all the Pheonix Wright games so I started with Justice For All. Forgot how funny it was. Shame it's only on iOS otherwise I'd have downloaded them all on my phone. Come on Capcom!!

Picked up Pokemon HeartGold too as I always wanted to play it but unsure about its feel. Tempted to start again on the GB and go full-retro? Opinion BritGAF? Stick with NDS version?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Gd'day chaps and chappettes!

Haven't posted here in a while. Just been busy doing stuff (work/career-wise) in the background. Preparing for 2015. Trying to see if I am financially able to go to E3 this year.

Still talking about gaming? I managed to finish Uncharted on the Vita while visitng the parents. Great I guess. Repetitve at times. Still enjoyed it. Was tempted to pick up Retro City Rampage for the Vita but bailed. Instead I tried a free copy of a Hatsune Miku game I found pre-installed on it. Shit...is...addictive! Couldn't stop playing it.

Decided last night to dig out my NDS and go through all the Pheonix Wright games so I started with Justice For All. Forgot how funny it was. Shame it's only on iOS otherwise I'd have downloaded them all on my phone. Come on Capcom!!

Picked up Pokemon HeartGold too as I always wanted to play it but unsure about its feel. Tempted to start again on the GB and go full-retro? Opinion BritGAF? Stick with NDS version?

Hi Shorty!

Uncharted is OK isn't it? It reminds me of the time when the Vita had a future. Hopefully Grim Fandango and Lumines will keep me from getting too bitter / giving in and getting a new 3DS.

How is everyone today?

Qasiel

Hi Shorty!

Uncharted is OK isn't it? It reminds me of the time when the Vita had a future. Hopefully Grim Fandango and Lumines will keep me from getting too bitter / giving in and getting a new 3DS.

How is everyone today?

Dooooo iiiiiiit..... (I need more people on my 3DS Friend List)

SKINNER!

Banned
Not as badly. Red and blue were pretty broken.

Cool. I'll stick with the Nintendo DS version then. See how it pans out. Cheers

Yeah it was ok. Pretty much what I expected so I can't complain. Those swipe QTE had me rolling my eyes at parts but the story captivated me and that's what I like about Uncharted.

I tell ya, had it not been for the fact that a Vita can remote play with my PS4 (so I can game in bed without having to move the TV and console) then I would've swapped it for a 3DS aaaages ago. Really want to play Smash again. Thank fuck Grim Fandango is on its way. Apart from indie titles that I can pick up on Steam for dirt cheap, there doesn't seem to be much on the Vita X( Got more out of my PSP's library back in the day. Maybe my attitude to gaming has changed. Gonna try homebrewing my Vita someday and see where that leads me.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Dooooo iiiiiiit..... (I need more people on my 3DS Friend List)

It's the whole "I mostly don't like Nintendo games" thing. I'd be getting it for the Sega 3D classics and for Art Academy. Although maybe I'll find something I'll enjoy.

Yeah it was ok. Pretty much what I expected so I can't complain. Those swipe QTE had me rolling my eyes at parts but the story captivated me and that's what I like about Uncharted.

I tell ya, had it not been for the fact that a Vita can remote play with my PS4 (so I can game in bed without having to move the TV and console) then I would've swapped it for a 3DS aaaages ago. Really want to play Smash again. Thank fuck Grim Fandango is on its way. Apart from indie titles that I can pick up on Steam for dirt cheap, there doesn't seem to be much on the Vita X( Got more out of my PSP's library back in the day. Maybe my attitude to gaming has changed. Gonna try homebrewing my Vita someday and see where that leads me.

Yup. The first year of me owning a Vita was amazing. Games didn't come out frequently, but I enjoyed the ones that did. There was also the promise of Tearaway and Killzone. Since they've come out its been pretty much a dying machine. The odd indie or port will catch my attention but there's nothing I've become passionate about, or that has lasted.

I think the Borderlands 2 port was when I knew it was being put out to pasture. It was so so so bad, it was obvious resources were going elsewhere.

Oh well. Lumines is still great and there's at least four or five games I've played that clicked with me. I just don't see anything really special coming out on it again.

just watched nightcrawler, holy fucking hell that film has an awful soundtrack.

Yeah they missed a trick there. It's almost like they tried to avoid vague Drive comparisons by having a crap soundtrack.

I can barely remember the soundtrack but what I do remember sounds like stock audio from a family sitcom.

Good movie though, can't believe Gyllenhaal wasn't nominated for that one

Absolutely. I played it back in the day, but I think enough time has passed now that I've forgotten all of the solutions to the puzzles and I can just play it like a new game.

Kinda makes me wish I had some long journey to go on so I could play it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Absolutely. I played it back in the day, but I think enough time has passed now that I've forgotten all of the solutions to the puzzles and I can just play it like a new game.

Kinda makes me wish I had some long journey to go on so I could play it.

Playing for the first time this lunch break.

There's a chance I might be on a secondment to London for 6 weeks quite soon. London GAF please be my friends?

Playing for the first time this lunch break.

There's a chance I might be on a secondment to London for 6 weeks quite soon. London GAF please be my friends?

Lemme know how it goes! Are you using the tank controls? Seemed to work well back in the day with Manny looking at objects you can interact with and I would've thought it'd be perfectly suited to twin sticks. But I heard that there's also the option for some new alternative control scheme too. Not sure what it is though...

Yeah they missed a trick there. It's almost like they tried to avoid vague Drive comparisons by having a crap soundtrack.

I can barely remember the soundtrack but what I do remember sounds like stock audio from a family sitcom.

yeah, the film was great which kind of makes the awful soundtrack so much more offensive. the piece of music that plays over the credits sounds like it belongs to a bloody john hughes film.
should have got reznor. if i was more productive i'd take a scene and re-score it. instead i'll just play guild wars 2.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Lemme know how it goes! Are you using the tank controls? Seemed to work well back in the day with Manny looking at objects you can interact with and I would've thought it'd be perfectly suited to twin sticks. But I heard that there's also the option for some new alternative control scheme too. Not sure what it is though...

It doesn't seem tank. Hmm. There's a touchscreen point and click scheme which is good. I only played for fifteen minutes because of Lumines. But it's already very charming.

Yay! I now have 2 friends! You and my mummy!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
*kicks thread*

*no response*

*suspects the usual suspects have either been banned or emigrated to WhatsApp*

*kicks thread*

*ventures off into the rest of GAF*

*gets bored*

*comes back*

*kicks thread*

Talk about needy, Jesus.

I'll be your casual acquaintance on the condition you don't bring any of these ye olde ailments that still exist in the Norf like The Black Lung down with you

*kicks thread*

*no response*

*suspects the usual suspects have either been banned or emigrated to WhatsApp*

*kicks thread*

*ventures off into the rest of GAF*

*gets bored*

*comes back*

*kicks thread*

HI SORRY

I've been figuring out my new screen arrangement at work to figure out which way best allows me to slack off and read GAF the best.

I'm on a Mac now after X years of Windows. It's like I've forgotten how to do computer.

Reknoc

Oh right, now I remember why I never much cared for Grim Fandango, it feels really ploddy and slow, even with the new pretty good point and click controls (which act like Curse of Monkey Islands, please rerelease that game lucasarts)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yes. I promise this time I will see you!

Yay!

Talk about needy, Jesus.

I'll be your casual acquaintance on the condition you don't bring any of these ye olde ailments that still exist in the Norf like The Black Lung down with you

Yeah. I'm totally needy at the moment during office hours because WORK IS DEAD. Seriously. I sit all day reading summaries of business books. The vast majority of my immediate colleagues sit in silence all day. Nobody even says hello to each other unless I say something. So today I was very much. Oh look it's 9.15. Check GAF. Read a bit about China's mineral wealth and what this means for the economy. Oh look it's 9.18. Check GAF.

THREE WEEKS IVE HAD OF THIS NOW. hence me angling for a bit of outsourcing. I need to do something or I'll go even more mental than normal.

But ok fine no diseases.

HI SORRY

I've been figuring out my new screen arrangement at work to figure out which way best allows me to slack off and read GAF the best.

I'm on a Mac now after X years of Windows. It's like I've forgotten how to do computer.

I like Macs. But I do prefer convertible PCs. I've grown to love my Windows 8 tablet PC thing. I can do art things with the pen, do tablet things, do Word and watch films. But if Apple did a pen tablet thing id be all over it.

Not Landan GAF, but I might pop up at some point and say "hi". Of course, that could potentially destroy the universe.

Do it! What's the worst that can happen?

Oh right, now I remember why I never much cared for Grim Fandango, it feels really ploddy and slow, even with the new pretty good point and click controls (which act like Curse of Monkey Islands, please rerelease that game lucasarts)

Hmmmmmmm. BUT U LIKE JRPGS

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
the tick? as if you weren't going to just eat that kitkat anyway, you show off.

Excellent work, comrade.

Thumbs_Up_For_Evil_by_Smashinator.jpg

I will be eating no ordinary Kitkat in your name. Nuh uh. It is in fact, a cookie and cream Kitkat. I shall munch on it for all the comrades.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Wait, we talking about the Vita now? Well, I just happened to buy a 64GB card and so far, waiting for it to arrive. Now I won't wrestle which games I get to keep on my 4 gig stick.

8bit

Knows the Score
*kicks thread*

I am now super busy at work so don't really have time to check in here. I'm ok with this though considering I spent most of last year in my old company looking for a new job and calling politicians names on twitter.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I am now super busy at work so don't really have time to check in here. I'm ok with this though considering I spent most of last year in my old company looking for a new job and calling politicians names on twitter.

Which politicians?

i was so close to buying titanfall but spent the money on the new louis ck show instead. great choice methinks.

Titanfall? Psch. That's yesterday's fad. It's all about Hashtag Driveclub now. Just gutted we can't change club name from Brit GAF to the Taylor Swifties.

Son Of D

Metroid Prime Trilogy up on Wii U download tomorrow. £9 for that is a steal, especially considering the price of a disc copy. Never played a Prime game so I'm eager to play.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

The soundtrack is one of the most notably bad of any film I can think of. The music guy isn't a hack, so I have to think it is a deliberate choice on the director's part?

And yeah, it is shocking that between this and Prisoners last year he wasn't nominated. He's been on top of his game for a good few years now has Jakey.

Anyone watching Wolf Hall? Thomas Cromwell is a magnificent twat in it, I love it.

banofypie

Banned
james joyce is a pretty interesting writer

a friend of mine alerted me to the fact that he wrote his wife love letters often and that they were worth reading

so i googled and found a buzzfeed article!

enhanced-buzz-wide-29786-1380139628-7.jpg

oh

Top Bottom