• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Tunavi

Banned
Some guy is streaming Anarchy Mode
http://www.justin.tv/absoluda#/w/892603872/2

Looks so fun.

Edit: Streams over. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day. Can't wait for anarchy with friends

Looks like there is drop-in drop out co-op. Very nice. I really like the emphasis on teamwork and skill points. The economy system looks really rewarding as well.

I also really appreciate that Anarchy forces you to get creative with the score minimums. I didn't expect that.

Dabanton

Updated stream as the other guy has gone to bed.

http://www.justin.tv/prod1gyx#/w/892908736/2

The mode looks very interesting teamwork and communication are key it seems. No point in just shooting enemies as you'll just get low scores. Some of these guys need practice it seems as they are not very imaginative at the moment in how they are approaching killing enemies.

glaurung

After watching the havoc in the stream, pre-ordered the PS3 version.

Did I do good, GAF?

The PS3 version of the demo looked like it had less sun-shafts...

_Bro

Banned
Dabanton said:
Updated stream as the other guy has gone to bed.

http://www.justin.tv/prod1gyx#/w/892908736/2

The mode looks very interesting teamwork and communication are key it seems. No point in just shooting enemies as you'll just get low scores. Some of these guys need practice it seems as they are not very imaginative at the moment in how they are approaching killing enemies.
PRODIGY?! Holy shit, that's the hilariously nerdy weird guy from WCG Ultimate Gamer.

THANK YOU FOR THIS

zaidr

If I buy this game (epic edition), am I guaranteed to get early access into the Gears 3 MP Beta? Or do I still have to look around the net for a beta key?

S1kkZ

zaidr said:
If I buy this game (epic edition), am I guaranteed to get early access into the Gears 3 MP Beta? Or do I still have to look around the net for a beta key?
yes. you have to enter the onlinepass code in the main menu, which gives you the option to download the beta (when its released).

Barrett2

DryvBy2 said:
Any PS3 users wanna combo kill with me?

PSN: DryvBy
I'll add you. I suspect this won't be very busy on my friends list, so I should add some other people from this thread.

PSN: lawblob

Jubbly

$10 DLC already announced :|

People Can Fly, Epic Games and EA also announced today the Gun Sonata pack, the first downloadable content for Bulletstorm. Featuring three new maps for Anarchy multiplayer mode, from the wretched Sewers of Stygia to the dilapidated ruins of Hotel Elysium and the open spaces of Villa, the Gun Sonata Anarchy maps provide even more settings for players to work together in order to pull off fantastic team skillshots. In addition to the new Anarchy maps, Gun Sonata will also introduce two new Echo mode maps, including Crash Site, where Final Echo soldiers must deal with the ramifications of their crashed ship, and Guns of Stygia, in which a captive commando escapes from an enemy prison. Completely new to the Bulletstorm experience, Crash Site and Guns of Stygia offer brand new challenges for those competing to top personal high scores and leaderboard rankings. Two new Leash enhancements, the Flamingo and the Pulp, make it even more enjoyable to kill with skill and style. The Gun Sonata downloadable content will be available this spring for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and $9.99 on the PlayStation Network.

Salz01

Going to go and pick up my order in a few hours. All the positive impressions, leaves me excited. Can't wait. I hope this game can deliver.

Spookie

Jubbly said:
$10 DLC already announced :|

Ugh. I haven't even recieved the game yet and already I feel like I'm receiving some kind of unfinished and inferior version. Good luck getting anyone to buy that with the slew of shooters due out in the next couple of months though.

Lunchbox

Banned
Killer said:
Are there any differences between the 360 and ps 3 versions?
ps3 version missing the gears beta and some graphical effects, like sun rays coming through the holes on the roof

Other than that pretty similar

Rented it first to see what I think about the multiplayer. I know the campaign is going to be short so if the online stuff rings with me I might just buy it later. Did the same with Killzone 3. I just have a history of regretting FPS purchases but lately they've just been military shooters; Bulletstorm looks a lot more unique and vibrant.

Story-wise, narratively, in terms of bridging set pieces together and having huge cinematic moments; this game is completely fucking bonkers insane. I absolutely love it.

I don't know how much Rick Remender had to do with all of that directly but I'm going to go ahead and say "All Of It" and proclaim him officially the King Of All Media.

Now all we need is an Uncanny X-Force game.

I call Fantomex.

mileS

Waiting on PC impressions. Game is out now on steam come on y'all are slacking!

Guess my first question would be is there any AA options?

DryvBy

Anyone getting this from Amazon?

"Thank you for purchasing "Bulletstorm" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase ...."

Wasn't it $20?

-PXG-

Installing now. First thing though...

1) "Environmentally friendly" holes in mah box.
2) 7 page, flimsy ass black and white manual
3) EA online pass bullshit

25-OG-Come-On-Son.gif

Anyway, I picked it up at GS. They have a promo where they take 5 bucks off Bulletstorm and put it towards Gears 3.

-PXG-

Alright, so the Gears 3 beta is gonna work just like Crackdown did. There's an option to access the beta from the main menu. So when the beta starts, you have to run it through Bulletstorm. So hold onto your copies folks. That shouldn't be a problem, since it's a good game :p

EDIT

I selected MP, and I'm already level 5. I guess Epic Edition people get an instant level boost. Huh.

Is there a review embargo on this game? Everything sounds good about it and I'll own it eventually, but I'd like to read some in-depth reviews.

Trying to decide whether to get this or Vanquish today. Might wait for a gamestop b2g1 to get both.

aegies

haunted00 said:
So what is the deal with Bulletstorm's economy? Are there weapons that you can unlock?

You'll find new weapons by killing the enemies that wield them, then you'll pay to "unlock" them at a dropkit, which gives you the ability to upgrade their ammo capacity and eventually unlock and upgrade their charged shot. It also allows you to switch to whatever weapons you've found/unlocked at any dropkit (and there are a lot of dropkits in Bulletstorm, though it explains that pretty well).

And again, review embargo is up in an hour.

styl3s

What kind of coop does this game have? singleplayer coop? horde mode type coop?

im about to pick up the game if anyone is interested in doing any kind of coop it offers today hit me up on XBL sty13s

Killer

Banned
Lunchbox said:
ps3 version missing the gears beta and some graphical effects, like sun rays coming through the holes on the roof

Other than that pretty similar

U2NUMB said:
Both are packed full of dick and tits.. but Gears 3 beta is the big pull. Performance seems solid on both.

Great. I might go with the 360 just for the gears beta.

jhawk6

styl3s said:
What kind of coop does this game have? singleplayer coop? horde mode type coop? sty13s

It's horde mode style with waves where you cooperate to generate high scores using kill shots.

Hoping this shows up in my mailbox from Gamefly today :)

-PXG- said:
Installing now. First thing though...

1) "Environmentally friendly" holes in mah box.
2) 7 page, flimsy ass black and white manual
3) EA online pass bullshit

ARGH! I hate this crap so much. Such a tiny thing but SUCH a pain in the ass.

DryvBy2 said:
Anyone getting this from Amazon?

"Thank you for purchasing "Bulletstorm" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase ...."

Wasn't it $20?
Yeah I got the same thing. I went to the contact page on Amazon and sent an email asking what the deal was.

I love Amazon but I really wish there was an easy way to check your credits.

chris121580 said:
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. That's a pretty late embargo for them to have.
Yeah, it's kind of weird that it would end at noon on the day of release. Wouldn't this delay people who were on the fence about getting the game day one? If they're confident in it, they probably should have had the embargo lift a day before the release date.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ooooh for fucks sake!

They changed it from 22nd....

"February 25nd, 2011 at 12:01AM GMT"

/yaaaaaawn

Grisby

I have a weak heart and I love colorful FPS's. Bought it, but I'm gonna have to wait till after DA: Awakening and Killzone 3.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DevelopmentArrested said:
The embargo? Seriously? Played the first Act. The game is great. WTF is this shit?

oh no no, the embargo hasn't changed ( for what I know ), I'm talking about being able to play the game...

Up until a minute or so ago d2d listed the games release to be feb 22nd, and now they just changed it to the 25th.

Xander51

Corky said:
oh no no, the embargo hasn't changed ( for what I know ), I'm talking about being able to play the game...

Up until a minute or so ago d2d listed the games release to be feb 22nd, and now they just changed it to the 25th.

Are you in Europe? Still showing as unlocking on D2D in about an hour and a half for me.

DaBuddaDa

Corky said:
I was gonna say...you can't put an embargo on a game that's later than the day it's on store shelves.

Top Bottom