• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

styl3s

Curufinwe said:
Why wouldn't he like something that's just like himself?
Who cares what IGN thinks or anyone for that matter? the demo alone made this one of my favorite games of this year i can't wait to dive into SP and the horde type mode, i probably should of not of gotten KZ3 helghast and the sharpshooter cause i have a feeling im gonna be playing this for along time

and since nobody replied to the demo unlocking ill just download the demo on 360 since i played the demo on ps3 and beat the demo then play my retail copy

ToyMachine228 said:
There is no extreme weather. It was shipped from a town 20 minutes from me at 8:50 this morning. It's been delayed twice since then. It's not snowing. I was down in the town it shipped out of for an hour and a half this morning when I went to the gym. You're right, I shouldn't blame Amazon, but I can blame UPS. This is the reason I don't normally order games online. I'd would have rather just paid the sales tax and brought it home from the gym with me. Next time, I will.

sounds like a one-off thing to me since I've never had a major problem in years of Amazon Prime + UPS 2 day shipping in a major metropolitan area, but i don't know, I'm not UPS or amazon's keeper. Better luck next time.

and despite my earlier post, I impulse bought this since I can probably beat it today or tomorrow. lol @ "Epic Edition" packaging that is more stripped down than your average game. Clever marketing. Or not-so-clever marketing that works on even-less-clever consumers. Packaging is not important though...installing it now, about to play :)

styl3s

Smision said:
sounds like a one-off thing to me since I've never had a major problem in years of Amazon Prime + UPS 2 day shipping in a major metropolitan area, but i don't know, I'm not UPS or amazon's keeper. Better luck next time.

and despite my earlier post, I impulse bought this since I can probably beat it today or tomorrow. lol @ "Epic Edition" packaging that is more stripped down than your average game. Clever marketing. Or not-so-clever marketing that works on even-less-clever consumers. Packaging is not important though...installing it now, about to play :)
it's no more clever then the shitty "limited" editions like battlefield and MOH that are just normal games.

This i can understand, they call it "epic" like epic games and they make gears, would make sense that the gears beta ones be called epic, to alot of people who were thinking you can just pop the disc in and play gears beta like in crackdown you got another thing coming, you have to have the online code thing

Tawpgun

Been playing through the beginning and I just got the leash. When do I get skill shots? I thought you got them once you got the leash...

EDIT: Got it. Just so no one else worries like me, you do get the skill shots once you get a drop kit.

S1kkZ

A27 Tawpgun said:
Been playing through the beginning and I just got the leash. When do I get skill shots? I thought you got them once you got the leash...

EDIT: Got it. Just so no one else worries like me, you do get the skill shots once you get a drop kit.
yeah, the game takes is time to introduce the skillshot thing. i liked that, they even tie it into the story.

Jawmuncher

Can't wait to play this, hopefully my copy arrives by Thursday or Friday.
It sucks having to use a PO box since it makes Release Date Delivery impossible,

I heard that the Very Hard mode is actually pretty easy, anyone try that difficulty yet?

styl3s

Game is incredibly f'n awesome and i barely scratched the single player, have a feeling the horde type mode is going to take up all my free time for the next 2-3+ months.

Sorry KZ3 your getting taken back till i have time for you.

Great to hear that the game is getting a good reception. I'll be looking to pick this one up sometime down the line (too many other games I want day 1 in the next 3 months)

RiptideX

I finished the SP campaign last night and here are a couple of brief opinions:

- Game starts off really bad in my opinion. Really repetitive.

- Game looks GREAT. That engine still holds up and looks amazing.

- Very linear and repetitive througout.

- I did not find the weapon upgrades exciting or fun the way I did in Dead Space for example.

- Story is kind of cool, the characters are pretty cool (I loved Iishi)

- Ending is INSANELY FRUSTRATING AND RIDICULOUS and blatantly set things up for a sequel... which sometimes works as a cliffhanger but in this case it was just annoying and like OMGWTFBBQ you are going to leave it THERE of all places?

Basically its fun in concept, and kind of like Painkiller or something simelar to that I found myself experimenting with the kills and weapons but I wanted the game over as fast as possible and there were way too few HOLY SHIT moments.

I had more fun watching Cliffy play the 5 minute demo than I did actually playing the game.

I am disappoint!

I should also mention I was really looking forward to this game a lot.

styl3s said:
Who cares what IGN thinks or anyone for that matter? the demo alone made this one of my favorite games of this year i can't wait to dive into SP and the horde type mode, i probably should of not of gotten KZ3 helghast and the sharpshooter cause i have a feeling im gonna be playing this for along time

and since nobody replied to the demo unlocking ill just download the demo on 360 since i played the demo on ps3 and beat the demo then play my retail copy
8 is still an awesome score. what is wrong with you people?

desertdroog

What I learned from the demo:

1. Free stuff by playing the demo. Take note devs/companies, this engenders goodwill vs buying from specific retailers to get the extra stuff, even small stuff like a leash change in the retail version.

2. The demo turned me on to the point that I anticipate this to be a sleeper hit like Borderlands.

3. Butter-Dicks. New pejorative added to my lexicon. I am now a lunch time carpool hero to my coworkers for disparaging other drivers with new curse words.

styl3s

practice02 said:
8 is still an awesome score. what is wrong with you people?
kids today think if it's under a 9 then it's garbage.

like i said a million times before reviews/scores and the whole grading/number thing mean absolutely nothing to me and this goes for movies as well, my taste in games/music/movies aren't the same as everyone, just because something gets a 10 doesn't mean it's a 10 to me, like the halo series that gets praised i don't think any of those games are special or even good.

people who harp on numbers/reviews need to stop worrying about petty things and start being a fucking gamer.

RiptideX said:

- I did not find the weapon upgrades exciting or fun the way I did in Dead Space for example.

- Ending is INSANELY FRUSTRATING AND RIDICULOUS and blatantly set things up for a sequel... which sometimes works as a cliffhanger but in this case it was just annoying and like OMGWTFBBQ you are going to leave it THERE of all places?

Basically its fun in concept, and kind of like Painkiller or something simelar to that I found myself experimenting with the kills and weapons but I wanted the game over as fast as possible and there were way too few HOLY SHIT moments.

I had more fun watching Cliffy play the 5 minute demo than I did actually playing the game.

I am disappoint!

How short is it? Is it really 5 hours and you still wanted it to end?
So what score would you give it?...keep in mind you're only allowed to put it between 7 and 10. 7 is allowed because it's a new IP. (Not actually interested in your score, just wanted to throw a jab at critics).

Dizzle24

Gonna answer my own question from a few pages back, since I found the answer;

Leash and Boot colors/unlocks from the Epic edition/Demo are only available in Anarchy mode.

-PXG-

Lunchbox said:
Willington P tailanator noooooooo

:'|

1421319562_6f5cbb689c.jpg

:(

I never got to tell him his name.

Mr. B Natural said:
How short is it? Is it really 5 hours and you still wanted it to end?
So what score would you give it?...keep in mind you're only allowed to put it between 7 and 10. 7 is allowed because it's a new IP. (Not actually interested in your score, just wanted to throw a jab at critics).

I'm only at Act 2 Chapter 3 and have encountered several bona fide HOLY SHIT moments, so YMMV.

So much fun stuff in every chapter so far, im up on Act 6. Really refreshing for an FPS game!

I also recommend you to play it atleast on Hard, even at that you can experiment and kick people into things quite leisurely :D

styl3s

RiptideX said:

I am disappoint!

i have only played about an hour of SP and i thought the beginning was fantastic and fun, the story im digging and the characters, complaining about short single player campaigns in a FPS these days is like talking to a wall, 4-5 hours is perfect for a game like this, this game is more aimed towards the competitive side and the coop stuff, out of the hour+ i have played i have had more fun with this game then any other game this year so far

this game is meant to be just balls out fun, of course it won't have story polish like some games i am far from disappoint im amazed at how fun this is, games like BO and MW i wanted to just turn off and never touch again this i cant put down

grkazan12

For anyone who's bought and played the PC version. How's the online? Is it easy to find a match in anarchy mode? And is anyone playing it online?

shuyin_

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Wanted to ask about this comment. What i got from it is that you only 'agree' with good reviews and dismiss bad ones even if the criticism is argumented?

JambiBum

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm only at Act 2 Chapter 3 and have encountered several bona fide HOLY SHIT moments, so YMMV.
Exactly this. I'm at the start of Act 3 and I have had a hell of a ride already.

Noisepurge said:
I also recommend you to play it atleast on Hard, even at that you can experiment and kick people into things quite leisurely :D

For the record, I have found Normal to be pretty difficult in spots already so, again, YMMV.

Damn I'm jelly, gotta wait for friday for it to unlock on steam in the uk. Loved the echo mode demo and liking what I'm reading about the campaign. Strap on a dildo or two for me in the meantime folks!

styl3s

backflip10019 said:
Get ready to pop that proverbial cherry because we're going balls deep!

Sorry... couldn't resist.
he better get ready to lift up that skirt and strap a dildo on cause waffle stomping is gonna ensue on peoples faces dick tits.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First Bulletstorm DLC announced called “Gun Sonata” will be available this spring

People Can Fly, Epic Games and EA also announced today the Gun Sonatapack**, the first downloadable content for Bulletstorm. Featuring three new maps for Anarchy multiplayer mode, from the wretched Sewers of Stygia to the dilapidated ruins of Hotel Elysium and the open spaces of Villa, the Gun Sonat a Anarchy maps provide even more settings for players to work together in order to pull off fantastic team skillshots. In addition to the new Anarchy maps, Gun Sonat a will also introduce two new Echo mode maps, including Crash Site, where Final Echo soldiers must deal with the ramifications of their crashed ship, and Guns of Stygia, in which a captive commando escapes from an enemy prison. Completely new to the Bulletstorm experience, Crash Site and Guns of Stygia offer brand new challenges for those competing to top personal high scores and leaderboard rankings. Two new Leash enhancements, the Flamingo and the Pulp, make it even more enjoyable to kill with skill and style. The Gun Sonatadownloadable content will be available this spring for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and £7.99 on the PlayStation Network.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You take more damage. It makes the encounters much more hectic. I'm eliminating guys as quickly and as smartly using the environment as I can to keep from dying. The skillshot system is more of a survival tool than a gimmick on higher difficulty.

-PXG-

Graphics are fantastic. I'm at a part right now where the water effects are just stunning. I guess they took some notes from Irrational. The PC version must be insane. PC people, post shots soon.

Top Bottom