• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

KingDizzi

Banned
-PXG- said:
Installing now. First thing though...

1) "Environmentally friendly" holes in mah box.
2) 7 page, flimsy ass black and white manual
3) EA online pass bullshit

25-OG-Come-On-Son.gif

Anyway, I picked it up at GS. They have a promo where they take 5 bucks off Bulletstorm and put it towards Gears 3.

Ah shit I'm renting, do they give a free trial?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Xander51 said:
Are you in Europe? Still showing as unlocking on D2D in about an hour and a half for me.

yea man I'm in europe. Maybe they decided that for some arbitrary fuckreason to have separate releasedates within europe aswell.

zaidr

So I guess there isn't an EPIC edition for PC? I wanted to get this on PC, and still be able to play the Gears MP Beta...guess that won't work without the 360 disk + code shit...that blows. This of all games seems like it would be a load of fun with mouse/kb support, so you could more easily shoot out the assholes of your enemies.

"Buy Bulletstorm PC between now and March 8th and you'll get a FREE redemption token for Gears of War PC! http://bit.ly/GFWL_BStm "

So we're talking about Gears 1? psshhh...

Cyberia

Eurogamer: 9/10:

Bulletstorm didn't necessarily invent all of the things it gets so much mileage from. Alongside blood relatives Gears of War and Painkiller, there are large chunks of everything from The Club and Time Crisis to Duke Nukem and Vanquish floating around in its genome. Its peculiar magic, however, lies in the way that it manages to coat its sharp arcade ideas with a comforting big-budget campaign to help lure players of all types in.

This is a game that wants you to laugh so hard that you sneeze on yourself, but it's also a game that wants you to experiment as much as possible with the tools you've been given. Its cleverness is as lightly worn as it is unexpected. It's the best kind of guilty pleasure.

Videogamer: 9.0:

At a time when games are brimming with gritty realism, a single-minded approach to multiplayer and oh-so-serious plots characterised by a chorus of military buzz-words, Bulletstorm is a refreshing departure from the norm. Behind the f-bombs and dick-tits are some incredibly mature and well thought out mechanics. Not only does the Skillshot system invite a completely new approach to shooting in single-player, it uses scores and leaderboards to inspire competition in a completely different vein to the amalgamate of contemporary shooters. Given the current landscape of the genre, it's fair to say that Bulletstorm is not only a great game, but an important one, too.

IronRinn

zaidr said:
So I guess there isn't an EPIC edition for PC? I wanted to get this on PC, and still be able to play the Gears MP Beta...guess that won't work without the 360 disk + code shit...that blows. This of all games seems like it would be a load of fun with mouse/kb support, so you could more easily shoot out the assholes of your enemies.

"Buy Bulletstorm PC between now and March 8th and you'll get a FREE redemption token for Gears of War PC! http://bit.ly/GFWL_BStm "

So we're talking about Gears 1? psshhh...

Yeah, the PC is "Limited Edition" only, which means alternate skins, leash colors, and 25K multiplayer points. The GoW PC thing looks like you have to order specifically through GFWL.

My god. I just went through a
miniature city in the heart of an amusement park and had a firefight in it

This is seriously such an inventive game, scenario-wise.

Zane

Wired.com: 7/10

Bulletstorm will find its fans. Despite the fact that it boots you out to loading screens every time you finish a segment or die, it’s a polished-enough piece of work. The point system incentivizes you to play the game using all the tools at your disposal.

It’s just a shame the developers couldn’t stop thinking about reproductive anatomy. It is their Achilles’ penis.

DryvBy2 said:
Anyone getting this from Amazon?

"Thank you for purchasing "Bulletstorm" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $10 credit toward the purchase ...."

Wasn't it $20?
Put a game in your cart and start checking out, you should see you got a $20 credit, not a $10 one. The email you and I got was mistaken.

Weenerz

Banned
So might be a weird bug, but if you haven't updated your GFWL, when you sign it and it prompts you to exit the game so it can update, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to exit the game without going to task manager and ending the program. The only menu option it gives is to sign back into GFWL and then it turns into a loop.

BenjaminBirdie said:
My god. I just went through a
miniature city in the heart of an amusement park and had a firefight in it

This is seriously such an inventive game, scenario-wise.
You missed a slash there

'Gun Sonata' DLC announced.

Called the Gun Sonata pack, it features three new maps for Anarchy multiplayer mode: the wretched Sewers of Stygia, the dilapidated ruins of Hotel Elysium and the open spaced of Villa.

In addition to the new Anarchy maps, Gun Sonata will also introduce two new Echo mode maps, including Crash Site, where Final Echo soldiers must deal with the ramifications of their crashed ship, and Guns of Stygia, in which a captive commando escapes from an enemy prison.

Completely new to Bulletstorm, Crash Site and Guns of Stygia offer brand new challenges for those interested in personal high scores and leaderboard rankings. Two new Leash enhancements, Flamingo and Pulp will also be made available.

Gun Sonata will run you $9.99/£7.99/800 MS Points on PS3 and Xbox 360, respectively, as is due for a spring release.

Bulletstorm is out today in the US and Friday in the UK and includes a one-time-use Online Pass registration code that gives players access to six bonus Echomaps and the exclusive Quicksilver leash.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/22/bulletstorm-gun-sonata-dlc-pack-announced/

Hmm, is this the first game to lock content unless you redeem the online pass?

Neuromancer said:
Hey didn't playing the Bulletstorm demo supposedly unlock something in the full game? Like a different color leash or something?

Yep, the Crimson Leash and Stealth armour. (there might have been more, but that's all the info available on unlockables)

NHale

IGN Review: 8.0

Bulletstorm demonstrates the value of "why" for action games. Taken out of the context of its fiction, People Can Fly would have something fun but forgettable on their hands, but the way Bulletstorm fits together results in something cool and memorable. Multiplayer failings notwithstanding, Bulletstorm shines as a single-player shooter. Despite its crass humor and wang-flinging bravado, it's got some real character and heart to it. I'm not happy about the story's sequel-bait belly flop of an ending, but I'm excited to see where Grayson and Bulletstorm go next.

Fxp

I've preordered the game on European EA store. Can't see the game in my EA download manager yet, I assume it'll be available on 25.02?

MDSLKTR

Strider2K99 said:
For anyone who cares:

http://twitter.com/#!/GFWL/status/40089939643342848

I wouldn't mind gow 1 on pc... So if I buy this on steam I will recieve the token on my gfwl email account?

Smision said:
is this the same thing as Mass Effect 2's cerberus network?

I guess it is similar, but with this you're having to redeem the online pass to play online and unlock content that's already on the disc.

MDSLKTR said:
I wouldn't mind gow 1 on pc... So if I buy this on steam I will recieve the token on my gfwl email account?
No, Steam purchases dint qualify for the promotion. You have to buy the game from the GFWL marketplace in order to receive a Gears of War download token... 4 to 6 weeks down the road.

And I'm confused on this newly announced DLC. Is this paid DLC coming out in the near future? Or is it free maps like the "Flash back map pack" that Gears 2 had?

Also, dammit EA & Epic, can I at least enjoy my brand new game for a week before you start announcing DLC, FFS!

Orayn

ToyMachine228 said:
Amazon release day delivery delayed due to extreme weather. First and last time I order a game on Amazon.
Snow happens, man. I had all of my classes before noon canceled yesterday, and this is a school that gets threatened with lawsuits every time class gets called off for any reason.
I'd blame whoever was shipping it, rather than Amazon. They're usually the fastest, most reliable e-retailer out there.

Xander51

BenjaminBirdie said:
If you're looking for a touchstone for this game it's Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Not sure why everyone isn't making this comparison.

And...I'm suddenly compelled to finally play that game after being ashamed about it for years. What is similar between Bulletstorm and Stranger's Wrath?

styl3s

So by playing the demo you unlock stuff in full game? do i need to play the demo before starting up bulletstorm the full game for the first time?

Wizman23

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Amazon release day delivery delayed due to extreme weather. First and last time I order a game on Amazon.

LOL shit happens. Amazon has No sales tax so right off the bat your saving 8 bucks off of anywhere retail. Plus most games come with the pre order credit bonus as well.

haunted00

Neo Member
ToyMachine228 said:

Don't forget about the $20 credit towards almost anything at Amazon. I hope to start ordering my groceries from them soon.

ToyMachine228 said:

I can't believe amazon decided to create extreme weather on the shipping date of a game--really terrible timing on their part. They also seem to be ignoring my emails about skipping the end of Winter and going straight to Spring instead.

PC version gets me a gears beta pass now? ok you got me cliffy, was wanting it on pc later down the line but you made an early sale.

Smision said:
I can't believe amazon decided to create extreme weather on the shipping date of a game--really terrible timing on their part. They also seem to be ignoring my emails about skipping the end of Winter and going straight to Spring instead.

There is no extreme weather. It was shipped from a town 20 minutes from me at 8:50 this morning. It's been delayed twice since then. It's not snowing. I was down in the town it shipped out of for an hour and a half this morning when I went to the gym. You're right, I shouldn't blame Amazon, but I can blame UPS. This is the reason I don't normally order games online. I'd would have rather just paid the sales tax and brought it home from the gym with me. Next time, I will.

Xander51 said:
And...I'm suddenly compelled to finally play that game after being ashamed about it for years. What is similar between Bulletstorm and Stranger's Wrath?

The inventiveness of the weapons when combined with environmental stuff. You get the same sense of being able to kill things with crazy shit.

Untracked

BenjaminBirdie said:
You get the same sense of being able to kill things with crazy shit.
Loved Stranger's Wrath, this is great news, decent reviews too.
Looking forward to picking it up.
How many players is the co-op mode? Just 2?

Top Bottom