• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Responds to Recent Feedback on Destiny 2

Gator86

I could live without random rolls but if they bring it back I'd prefer they streamline the amount of possible options available so the god roll grind isn't so tedious.

Exotic engram drops DO need to be lessened. The drop rate now is MUCH higher than it ever was under the Three of Coins system back in D1 and that is a contributing factor to making exotic gear feel less interesting (the other factor is the watering down of exotic perks, Peacekeepers as an example: I can... passively reload SMGs while wearing this! WOOO, I guess?).

Clan rewards NEED to go. It was a dumbass idea to begin with and anyone who played WoW back when Blizzard put in guild rewards saw this coming a mile away. Back when Blizzard put it in WoW, it led to mega guilds, people wouldn't consider joining guilds unless they were max level or had specific rewards, or only wanted guilds with specific guild wide achievements unlocked for specific reward items. That's already happening with D2 and a quick glance at the official D2 Clan Recruitment illustrates this perfectly: People looking for clans but only wanting higher leveled clans with 3/4 or 4/4 weekly engram completions and clan recruitment posts highlighting their level and weekly rewards rather than their goals or activity types.

It's a silly idea to give people rewards for an activity they might not even play that week and inevitably turns into a small group of clanmates carrying everyone else for free loot. Erstwhile, the tiered clan perks puts smaller, newer clans at a significant disadvantage to recruiting new players who now expect to be rewarded for clan participation. Blizzard realized this system was bad and opted to gut it entirely a couple years after initially putting it in. Bungie will eventually come to the same conclusion.

Edit: I'll join in on the raid power rankings for the hell of it:
1. KF
2. WOTM
3. VOG
4. Crota
5. Leviathan

Strongly disagree with the exotic engram rate comment. As you allude to in the second part of that, the problem is Bungie made shit exotics, not that you can get them without grinding for years. No amount of drop rate tweaks will make the Tricksleeves not absolute dogshit.

You're 100% right on the clan thing. It's another example of Bungie designing something in bizarro-world and having next to no idea how actual human beings function. All of its problems are immediately apparent. The severe penalities for small clans are just the cherry on top.

EL CUCO

I legit want to know if there has at all been a wave of players returning to D1 after peaking in D2... for the PVP I wouldn't be surprised, but mainly for the PVE...
Ive thought about going back to it myself. Played a few matches last week and I had forgotten what Destiny fun felt like. Also, there's still ornaments I haven't collected and exotics that are actually fun to use in D1. If Bungie hadn't removed Trials, I probably would've been playing that.

FyreWulff

Quoting to answer once I get home from work because fuck phone typing

So here's something I found interesting given the recent negative comments about the game.

So apparently the Destiny 2 team was composed of ~1000 people.

Here's a picture of the WoW dev team, being about ~250 people. https://twitter.com/englishguy/statu...34191046283264

While I don't want to compare apples to oranges too much but it simply blows my mind that 1000 people can make such a shallow game (what did these people do? Art/assets? Systems?) compared to what we are seeing in WoW legion.

While there is obviously a difference between a FPS and an established MMORPG like WoW, it seems like some things are comparable. Wonder if it's a case of mismanagement, engine issues (again), a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this.

Gator86

I've had a couple of hours roaming around D1. The weapon assignments are objectively better with primary, secondary and heavy rather than kinetic, energy and power.

Sniper rifles actually are useful in D1.

What if there were no weapon restrictions at all and you just let players use whatever three weapons they want? The current D2 weapon restrictions only exist because they couldn't balance shotties and snipers in Crucible, but the D1 ones were just as arbitrary and pointless. They had it right in Halo.

Removing weapon restrictions would let people play the game in a style that best fits them, but why would Bungie want to do that when they could tell players what to do instead?

urge26

1) VOG
2) Kings Fall
3) Leviathan
4) Wrath
5) Crota

I'm glad Bungie has at the very least acknowledged us, it's something. What you have with end game now is what you've got, nothing will change substantially till at the very least the next DLC. My big question is how didn't this come up in testing? There wasn't one person that said "uhhh my characters are all 305, power doesn't seem to mean anything past 280, nothing seems special about 99% of the weapons, and now I don't have a valid reward system in place for playing past X number of hours"

I think they can start with the following:

1) we need a modding system that is actually fun and rewarding. Sorry but applying arc to my solar energy weapon doesn't have any value.
2) consider bringing random weapon rolls back into the game, the hardcore love it and those that don't have the hours to spend in the game probably won't notice.
3) let us pick our crucible game type, and introduce 6v6 game type with new or reskinned D1 maps. This simply doesn't make any sense, I understand the moves they made to balance out crucible, but why sever the option or choice of a bigger game type that we're used to playing.
4) prestige mode raid needs a power level increase to 350. You can lump in prestige mode nightfall to help with that. One reason keeping me playing everyday is the level or power level carrot. Even if it doesn't mean anything, I hate when the chase is gone.
5) Banner needs to go back to being Banner.

I'm glad that Bungie has taken care of the people that moderately play the game, but I hope they're truly listening to the audience that keeps the game trending. I'll have my popcorn ready to watch the fallout on the PC version.

Nydius

Strongly disagree with the exotic engram rate comment. As you allude to in the second part of that, the problem is Bungie made shit exotics, not that you can get them without grinding for years. No amount of drop rate tweaks will make the Tricksleeves not absolute dogshit.

Fair enough. Perhaps simply improving the perks and adding more options would solve the issue rather than a drop rate change. So many exotics sitting in my collection that I look at the perks and think, "What in the hell were they thinking with this?"

I mean, I went from being excited about a weapon like Zhalo Supercell to looking at a weapon like D2's Hard Light or Borealis and thinking "ok, I don't have to waste mods changing elements. Cool.".

cilonen

What if there were no weapon restrictions at all and you just let players use whatever three weapons they want? The current D2 weapon restrictions only exist because they couldn't balance shotties and snipers in Crucible, but the D1 ones were just as arbitrary and pointless. They had it right in Halo.

Removing weapon restrictions would let people play the game in a style that best fits them, but why would Bungie want to do that when they could tell players what to do instead?

You're not wrong. In fact, I agree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

gspec

So here's something I found interesting given the recent negative comments about the game.

Here's a picture of the WoW dev team, being about ~250 people. https://twitter.com/englishguy/statu...34191046283264

While I don't want to compare apples to oranges too much but it simply blows my mind that 1000 people can make such a shallow game (what did these people do? Art/assets? Systems?) compared to what we are seeing in WoW legion.

While there is obviously a difference between a FPS and an established MMORPG like WoW, it seems like some things are comparable. Wonder if it's a case of mismanagement, engine issues (again), a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

I think some years ago bungie change the work culture to not overwork their employees, even during crunch. They are also making their employees take vacation, personal time, and holidays off.

Marcel

I still don't understand Bungie's stubbornness about PvP. Who are these diehard Crucible jabronis on staff that don't understand that trying to maintain balance between PvE and PvP is just an ongoing thorn in the side of game itself?

Destiny's Crucible is simply not that fun to play period. Molasses-slow TTK and clunky movement compared to its peers. And I hear that D2 has made it even slower with a focus on group fire? Give me a fucking break. There's no reason for this to still be going on other than Bungie being to stubborn to acknowledge they failed on PvP. Again.

sneaky77

I still don't understand Bungie's stubbornness about PvP. Who are these diehard Crucible jabronis on staff that don't understand that trying to maintain balance between PvE and PvP is just an ongoing thorn in the side of game itself?

Destiny's Crucible is simply not that fun to play period. Molasses-slow TTK and clunky movement compared to its peers. And I hear that D2 has made it even slower with a focus on group fire? Give me a fucking break. There's no reason for this to still be going on other than Bungie being to stubborn to acknowledge they failed on PvP. Again.

I find the PVP way more enjoyable than the first game. A few people I play with feel similar to that.

I also like the clan stuff, playing with friends is fun to feel like you contribute to the overall clan by getting the weekly xp.

Raven117

I'll play along

(1) VoG
(2) WotM
(3) Crota (I liked the speed of it....didn't take you an hour and a half)
(4) Levithan
(5) Kings Fall

As you can see...I like the raids where there is more player freedom in how you control a pace of the fight...Mechanics heavy raids IMO are just not as inspiring.

VoG WotM Crota all had "hero moments" Levitan and KF, didn't.

I think the drop rate for exotics is fine. Just very few are worth chasing.

Its really like we got a sequel to Taken King and not RoI. While its not apples to apples...RoI had a great balance of stuff dropping and a chaseable endgame and a good IB. Destiny 2 sings until about 265-280...after that...the wheel just stops spinning.

Gator86

Destiny's Crucible is simply not that fun to play period. Molasses-slow TTK and clunky movement compared to its peers. And I hear that D2 has made it even slower with a focus on group fire? Give me a fucking break. There's no reason for this to still be going on other than Bungie being to stubborn to acknowledge they failed.

Being able to jump between the activities and have everything feel the same has always been one of their stated goals with the franchise. The problem with that goal is that it's insane and they clearly can't do it. I agree with you that they need to abandon it and make the franchise what it could be.

I've never seen a developer so fucking stubborn and determined to do a thing that actively detracts from the quality of their product in such a profound way. It's fucking absurd.

WoW Dev team is definitely more than 250 people at the moment?

Pretty sure WoW at launch was also a clusterfuck.

Izayoi

Banned
"Thanks for your feedback. We're listening, but we will never actually do anything other than blow smoke out our ass in order to address it.

Please be excited for our DLC."

CookTrain

Being able to jump between the activities and have everything feel the same has always been one of their stated goals with the franchise.

And yet the most glaring example... 4 member PvP, 3 member PvE, is present. We want continuity, but sod one of your friends off as you go between. Zany.

I don't see the issue with random loot. Most looter games are random loot, it comes with the territory. A "god roll" gun isn't going to turn you into the terminator in Crucible.

In my 1800+ hours of D1, I never truly chased the god rolls. I obviously looked to see if I got a good roll, I had my favorites like firefly, but I never felt I needed certain rolls on something, usually getting one was good enough.

There are many possible solutions to this, but here's one:

Combine random rolls with an expanded mod system for perks
So right now guns drop with multiple perks and sights, some with options you can choose between. Instead, make guns drop with a set of random perks just like D1 but with no choices. This would make getting the same gun multiple times interesting again.

"But I hate being at the mercy of RNG for god rolls!"

That's where the mod system comes in. Basically mods would now be for perks. If you don't get lucky with that god roll, you can slot in mods that you've collected to build that god roll. Dismantling other legendary guns with the perks you want will also give you the choice of turning one of it's perks in to a mod that you can use towards your god roll version (or maybe you get a random one). Again, making you take notice and maybe even excited for getting duplicate guns. This system would have multiple other benefits:

• Creating ownership over the perfect gun you crafted
  • Gives you flexibility to craft it to your playstyle
  • Gives you flexibility in having the option of building a PvE version and a PvP version of the same gun
  • Gives you something to chase and grind for and build progress towards
You could do something similar with armor except apply it to the Mobiity/Resilience/Recovery stats to allow people to wear what they want without having to worry about doing it at the cost of stats they don't want.

Well, hopefully this is addressed if they just completely overhaul the system so that it's more like it is in Destiny 1:

- Get a shader.
- You have it forever.
- Grab a group of them from the vault for your character to hold onto.
- Equip them to armor pieces, guns, shaders, etc.
- Got one type of shader on you? Equip it to everything if you want.

Also, am I the only one who honestly finds the new shader system... not as fun as I expected? And by that, I mean equipping multiple shaders to different armor pieces. The vast majority of combinations are ugly so I just find myself doing a single shader per armor set, just like in Destiny 1.

I hata hate hate the new system and I totally expected I would. Making the shaders one time consumable and not giving clear ways to earn specific ones actively discourages applying them. It discourages players from engaging with the system until late game when you're sure you'll be keeping certain gear. It discourages experimentation since you only have a limited amount and applying costs glimmer. It even discourages using multiple types of shaders since you might want to mix sets. In D1, I changed my shader based on whatever armor set I was running and whatever whim I had that day. Maybe today I want to be all white. Maybe tomorrow I want to look all black. Maybe for this Crucible match my fireteam will all put on the obnoxious pink and purple shader because it's funny. That's all gone now. I appreciate the flexibility of applying shaders to individual pieces and to other things like sparrows and ships, but not at this cost.

Marcel

Being able to jump between the activities and have everything feel the same has always been one of their stated goals with the franchise. The problem with that goal is that it's insane and they clearly can't do it. I agree with you that they need to abandon it and make the franchise what it could be.

I've never seen a developer so fucking stubborn and determined to do a thing that actively detracts from the quality of their product in such a profound way. It's fucking absurd.

It's the kind of stubbornness that makes you think Jason Jones himself is putting down the foot of god about this PvP albatross and fuck everyone else who thinks otherwise.

Kill3r7

I'm willing to bet that there is a core group at Bungie that believes they can make the best PvP game on consoles. They have the pedigree and lineage but as you say they are limited by the overall design and uniformity decisions. It is as though Destiny 2 is trying to be a game for all people and that is incredibly hard to do. Arguably impossible.

Deku Tree

1. WoW is making expansions. D2 is a new game.
2. D2 is on three platforms. WoW is only on one.
3. Bungie does not have nearly 1000 people. That estimate includes other studios that are working on the project temporarily.
4. Different game genres have different team sizes and different development times.
5. Bungie has been promoting work life balance in their studio for years.

Bold One

"Thanks for your feedback. We're listening, but we will never actually do anything other than blow smoke out our ass in order to address it.

Please be excited for our DLC."
Yeah, I really don't blame them for not wanting to communicate with this community.

Gator86

It's the kind of stubbornness that makes you think Jason Jones himself is putting down the foot of god about this PvP albatross and fuck everyone else who thinks otherwise.

Someone with juice at Bungie or Activision is fucking obsessed with this. There's no other explanation.

I'm willing to bet that there is a core group at Bungie that believes they can make the best PvP game on consoles. They have the pedigree and lineage but as you say they are limited by the overall design and uniformity decisions. It is as though Destiny 2 is trying to be a game for all people and that is incredibly hard to do. Arguably impossible.

Absolutely agree. Funny thing is they could be so much closer to being all things for all people if they severed the connection between the modes. They could give each the attention and tweaks each mode needs to reach their potential. Like you say, the goal they want to reach is impossible because of the avenue they're using to try to reach it.

Marcel

Destiny is too slow on TTK to be a great PvP game. Even Halo 5 multiplayer is better.

1. But in Destiny 2 I'm utterly bored using two primaries.
[*]I have yet to figure out a reason to have more than one armor piece of anything. There's nothing to really optimize, and no elemental burn resistances to build sets around, so I just equip something that looks neat. The rest sit in the vault.[/LIST]
The weapons also feels really flat. There are no exciting perks, and most weapons in a class feel very indistinct from the rest. I know there are more weapons and weapon types than vanilla D1, but I use less of them and there feels like less variety, somehow. That's resulted in me not enjoying the gun play nearly as much as D1.

As for the endgame, it basically doesn't exist for me. No Heroic strikes, and I *hate* what they did to the Nightfall, which used to be one of my favorite activities. I'm never running one again so long as the time limitation and accumulation systems exist. They're just not fun. I have yet to run a raid, and I'm a PvE guy so no Trials. My "endgame" consists of flashpoints and re-running a mission now and then. (I'd actually play more campaign missions, but they're missing from the map for some inexplicable reason.)

Agree completely. Seems like the weapon loadout archetype was made specifically with balancing crucible in mind and it seems to have done a good job at that, but now it has neutered PvE variety and any enjoyment in the gunplay.

Running with a Scout rifle and a Handcannon is nice, but now having to choose between shotgun, sniper, rocket launcher and anything else is a huge price to pay. Those weapon types are so different as to completely change your playstyle and you have to settle on one and give up a ton of flexibility.

Its like Bungie has no clue what to do with the PvE, or they do know and willingly fuck it over because of fear of wrecking PvP when the link between the two is completely artificial to their own game design standards.

I dont need them to bring back Fatebringer, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn, but that was a fun and exciting loadout. I dont get excited about any loadout in D2 and I dont get excited about any particular gun either.

Kill3r7

Destiny is too slow on TTK to be a great PvP game. Even Halo 5 multiplayer is better.

Halo 2&3 had a fairly long TTK. There are some pretty good post on Reddit comparing battle rifles and pulse rifles (Halo 3 and D2) and their TTK is pretty similar. Anyone who plays trials regularly will attest that TTK is not too bad. Definitely a bit on the long side but not by much.

You are right about Halo 5. It has better PvP but worse maps.

gatti-man

Have you played wow? The differences in gameplay, asset creation, environments, wow is still very low tech and they recycle art non stop. I love wow but the armor, effects, and characters are all pretty basic stuff compared to destiny. Not to mention the table top style of gameplay is much more simple than destiny. They aren't even really comparable.

Disclaimer: I love wow it's great. Just sayin

Gator86

Agree completely. Seems like the weapon loadout archetype was made specifically with balancing crucible in mind and it seems to have done a good job at that, but now it has neutered PvE variety and any enjoyment in the gunplay.

Running with a Scout rifle and a Handcannon is nice, but now having to choose between shotgun, sniper, rocket launcher and anything else is a huge price to pay. Those weapon types are so different as to completely change your playstyle and you have to settle on one and give up a ton of flexibility.

Its like Bungie has no clue what to do with the PvE, or they do know and willingly fuck it over because of fear of wrecking PvP when the link between the two is conpletely artidicial to their own game design standards.

I dont need them to bring back Fatebringer, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn, but that was a fun and exciting loadout. I dont get excited about any loadout in D2 and I dont get excited about any particular gun either.

Agreed. The problem is that PvE is more robust to disaster than PvP. The shooting, aiming, hit reactions, and such for PvE feel great all the time so there's a high floor for how bad the PvE can be. The same isn't true of PvP so it's more precarious. Getting one-shotted over and over feels terrible. Having a bad meta feels terrible.

This imbalance leads them to, basically, subsidize PvP through design choices damaging to PvE. They design entirely for PvP assuming the strength of the basic mechanics will keep PvE chugging along.

It's bad game design.

The PVP beta on PC felt a lot faster paced than the current console version

That makes sense given the differences in input alone. That being said, it's not even close to being fast paced in the same way that something like Titanfall is. It's kind of in the middle of a slower paced game like Siege and an actual fast paced shooter.

Strakt

That makes sense given the differences in input alone. That being said, it's not even close to being fast paced in the same way that something like Titanfall is. It's kind of in the middle of a slower paced game like Siege and an actual fast paced shooter.

I don't think anyone was comparing it to something like Titanfall, but either way I like it for what it was on PC. Hopefully they make more improvements along the way.

I don't think anyone was comparing it to something like Titanfall, but either way I like it for what it was on PC. Hopefully they make more improvements along the way.

The point I'm making is that it's still not a very fast paced shooter, even though I agree that it feels faster on KB+M than it does on controller.

I think that it feels slower than the original Destiny did on controller. Since there's no point of comparison for PC, I can't really say much there.

GhaleonEB

Its like Bungie has no clue what to do with the PvE, or they do know and willingly fuck it over because of fear of wrecking PvP when the link between the two is completely artificial to their own game design standards.

Yeah. It occurs to me reading your post that there's not a single piece of gear that I'm currently chasing. (Actually, one - the Frumious cloak, which is a random drop from Ikora.) I couldn't even tell you the name of a single weapon I use, outside of the MIDA. There's not a single piece of exotic armor that had a perk I was excited about.

But I could enumerate dozens of weapons and gear pieces from Destiny 1. I loved the Cryptic Dragon scout rifle, and went bananas when I got a roll with the Firefly perk. I loved using the rocket launchers Hunger of Crota (until it was left behind), Truth (until the year 3 nerf) and the 'Horn. The Matatdor 64 shotgun was fun in PvE, despite the brutal shotgun nerfs. Fatebringer actually got me to use hand cannons. The list goes on and on. And nearly all of them were nerfed or left behind as the game went on. (Including my beloved MIDA.)

This is a loot game that plays beautifully but has very unexciting loot. And I agree, that keeping PvE gear in check for the sake of PvP is probably the driving factor behind it.

I'd like to see gear with different perks for PvE and PvP. "Causes non-guardian combatants to detonate with precision kills", etc. They already had that in D1 to a degree, and apparently with Ghosts in D2. I hope they lean into that over time. Make loot great again.

Strakt

The point I'm making is that it's still not a very fast paced shooter, even though I agree that it feels faster on KB+M than it does on controller.

I think that it feels slower than the original Destiny did on controller. Since there's no point of comparison for PC, I can't really say much there.

I like that it feels slower than the original Destiny; less chaotic and more team/skill based. I'm fine with the changes as I got a squad to play with when PC arrives. Hopefully they add 6 v 6 later on (which i think they will) for the people who want it and add more interesting guns

FinKL

If anything, I think meaningful changes will come NEXT year. This coming DLCs for the season pass are set in stone and we know how slow Bungie works.

Still hyped to be on PC though and work through 3 characters. Only maxed out 1 this time on console

Finaj

Have you played wow? The differences in gameplay, asset creation, environments, wow is still very low tech and they recycle art non stop. I love wow but the armor, effects, and characters are all pretty basic stuff compared to destiny. Not to mention the table top style of gameplay is much more simple than destiny. They aren’t even really comparable.

Disclaimer: I love wow it’s great. Just sayin

I mean, if you were talking about Cataclysm I'd agree, but Legion hasn't really reused any major assets from prior expansions.

Z3M0G

Has anyone actively chosen armor pieces based on their Defense / Speed / Recovery values?

If so, have you noticed any difference?

In D1 I always selected my armor pieces based on the 3 cooldown stats... so that I could play the way I liked (fastest grenade recharge)

Hugstable

Banned
I legit want to know if there has at all been a wave of players returning to D1 after peaking in D2... for the PVP I wouldn't be surprised, but mainly for the PVE...

Edit: Datto: "Destiny 2: Do We Need MORE Guns? Should Random Rolls Return?"

I've actually gone back to play Destiny 1, though not because I dislike D2 for any reason. Never got to experience any of the new content as I only played D1 at launch, saw that they upgraded by base game to have all expansions up til Taken King, and just picked up Rise of Iron. Plus gives me a chance to level a Titan as I never did before, than I can take him into D2 as well.

Gator86

Has anyone actively chosen armor pieces based on their Defense / Speed / Recovery values?

In D1 I always selected my armor pieces based on the 3 cooldown stats... so that I could play the way I liked (fastest grenade recharge)

They're mostly useless with the exception of recovery which actually does something. I think resilience has break points at 4 and 10, I believe. It's another flawed system really. Mobility is pretty bad and also the core stat for Hunters which...isn't the best.

ElfArmy177

Have you played wow? The differences in gameplay, asset creation, environments, wow is still very low tech and they recycle art non stop. I love wow but the armor, effects, and characters are all pretty basic stuff compared to destiny. Not to mention the table top style of gameplay is much more simple than destiny. They aren’t even really comparable.

Disclaimer: I love wow it’s great. Just sayin

You realize most items in wow are made as high resolution art and then scaled down right? To make a helmet in wow vs destiny I high doubt it takes much more time if any.

Also, there is no excuse for the lack of enemies in destiny. None.

Yes people do choose based on that, but that's also done badly in the game according to almost everyone. You should be able to earn 30 points or whatever (by leveling up? By doing Adventures or Lost Sectors? There's a lot they could do) and then spec gear however you want. As it is Hunters suck because you can only get up to like 5 recovery on them, and recovery is the stat that most people find the best of the 3. And that's just one of the reasons hunters absolutely suck in D2 but I guess thats another complaint...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You realize most items in wow are made as high resolution art and then scaled down right? To make a helmet in wow vs destiny I high doubt it takes much more time if any.

The lack of enemies is just shocking for a game with this budget. In some ways I feel like they are taking advantage of us. Of course, I put in my time and enjoyed it.

gatti-man

I mean, if you were talking about Cataclysm I'd agree, but Legion hasn't really reused any major assets from prior expansions.

Except for all the enemies, Main bosses, but land mass is all new sure. Even then generation of assets is much easier for wow than destiny due to less poly and simplicity. Wow armor pales in comparison to destiny sets in detail.

But mainly it's the gameplay. Wow gameplay and it's design is pretty damn simple. Many boss fights are just boss in an arena with aoe attacks and patterns.

Wow recycles it's enemy assets non stop. Poly count on wows armor is tiny compared to destiny. The art itself might be high res but it's still mostly simple. I've been playing wow off and on since 2005. Wow is a table top game. It's gameplay isn't relatebale to destiny. It's just not.

ElfArmy177

Except for all the enemies, Main bosses, but land mass is all new sure. Even then generation of assets is much easier for wow than destiny due to less poly and simplicity. Wow armor pales in comparison to destiny sets in detail.

But mainly it’s the gameplay. Wow gameplay and it’s design is pretty damn simple. Many boss fights are just boss in an arena with aoe attacks and patterns.

Wow recycles it’s enemy assets non stop. Poly count on wows armor is tiny compared to destiny. The art itself might be high res but it’s still mostly simple. I’ve been playing wow off and on since 2005. Wow is a table top game. It’s gameplay isn’t relatebale to destiny. It’s just not.

I disagree completely. Wow still has some of the best art design I've ever seen. Art design can take just as long as increasing poly count

Gator86

The lack of enemies is just shocking for a game with this budget. In some ways I feel like they are taking advantage of us. Of course, I put in my time and enjoyed it.

I'll never get over the fact that Bungie has never made a Destiny boss, in D1 or D2, outside a raid that isn't just a large version of a regular enemy. 2 games and 4 DLCs over a 4 year period and not a single one. That's genuinely fucking amazing.

Finaj

But mainly it’s the gameplay. Wow gameplay and it’s design is pretty damn simple. Many boss fights are just boss in an arena with aoe attacks and patterns.

Wow recycles it’s enemy assets non stop. Poly count on wows armor is tiny compared to destiny. The art itself might be high res but it’s still mostly simple. I’ve been playing wow off and on since 2005. Wow is a table top game. It’s gameplay isn’t relatebale to destiny. It’s just not.

Some fights are simple, but some are impossibly difficult. To this day, I think only 60 guilds have defeated Mythic Kil'jaeden and that encounter has been out for 5 months.

I'd like to see gear with different perks for PvE and PvP. "Causes non-guardian combatants to detonate with precision kills", etc. They already had that in D1 to a degree, and apparently with Ghosts in D2. I hope they lean into that over time. Make loot great again.

I have suggested something like this before. Have a PvE specific set of perks on gear that are ignored in crucible. Kind of like how there used to be Raid specific perks on Raid gear in D1. That used to be a thing. Maybe that is a solution that wont run afoul their design philosophy.

Top Bottom