• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
You know, we really could have taken this thread to new heights if it wasn't for Captain and Corporal Buzzkill over here.

urk said:
NewPicture3-1.jpg
urk said:
If there's one thing Bungie has mastered, it's foreplay.
Something about your quote and the visual suggestion that the Elite is feeling up the Jackal in the above image are both unsettling and provocative.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
Something about your quote and the visual suggestion that the Elite is feeling up the Jackal in the above image are both unsettling and provocative.

Look at the Jackal's expression. I would have figured cloaca, but I guess I was mistaken yet again.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ok, next game to be chief less.....

BUAHHH BUAHHH BUAHHHH..... (I am really sad).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What did I tell you guys? :D

The whole "keep it clean" made so much sense in terms of you're a Forerunner, or monitor "cleaning up/taking care of" the Flood. It stuck so well.

If it's a continuation of Halo 3's campaign from the Arbiter or Chief's prospective, or a prequel that shows off the Forerunners, I'll be happy. :p

Menmanelf

Am I right in thinking that the pic on pwny is the first time we've seen that superintendent on a webcam, t-shirt etc? Dunno what it means, but interesting if true.

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
What did I tell you guys? :D

The whole "keep it clean" made so much sense in terms of you're a Forerunner, or monitor "cleaning up/taking care of" the Flood. It stuck so well.

If it's a continuation of Halo 3's campaign from the Arbiter or Chief's prospective, or a prequel that shows off the Forerunners, I'll be happy. :p
No

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The Lamonster said:
wow, forgot all about Brutezoned. I stared at that shot for like 10 minutes before I noticed the "zone"

I stared at if for like 10 minutes after I noticed.

urk said:
I stared at if for like 10 minutes after I noticed.
it's good to have you back ;)

everyone else tried to make jokes about buttholes and fishhooks and fishhooking buttholes, but it just wasn't the same.

godhandiscen

Domino Theory said:
No, he just can't accept the fact that I'm going to be right and his Flight helmet will be put to shame since it's on the line. :p
I see.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
The Lamonster said:
it's good to have you back ;)

everyone else tried to make jokes about buttholes and fishhooks and fishhooking buttholes, but it just wasn't the same.

Jokes?

EazyB

Banned
godhandiscen said:
YES!. Why wouldn't you want that?
As much as I love Halo, my love stems from its gameplay, not the story. Don't get me wrong, I love how Bungie is able to hid neat little nuggets of information throughout their games and I enjoy that technique, but when you get down to it, the story content is definitely the weakest aspect of the series.

I may be wrong, but it seems like they had a vague idea of what they wanted to do story-wise in CE and then kinda made the rest up as they went along. What that's done is balloon the story into little more than a convoluted mess that only the most dedicated could even hope to gasp.

I think Bungie would have no problem creating a more compelling universe and of course their polish and gameplay will transfer over to whatever they choose to work on.

godhandiscen

EazyB said:
As much as I love Halo, my love stems from its gameplay, not the story. Don't get me wrong, I love how Bungie is able to hid neat little nuggets of information throughout their games and I enjoy that technique, but when you get down to it, the story content is definitely the weakest aspect of the series.

I may be wrong, but it seems like they had a vague idea of what they wanted to do story-wise in CE and then kinda made the rest up as they went along. What that's done is balloon the story into little more than a convoluted mess that only the most dedicated could even hope to gasp.

I think Bungie would have no problem creating a more compelling universe and of course their polish and gameplay will transfer over to whatever they choose to work on.
I agree with you that the delivery of the story in the games is the weakest part. If it wasn't for the other related media, the Halo universe would be vastly unexplored. Halo wars with its latest teaser has shown more of the universe that Bungie managed to do with 3 games. This is why I want a story centric expansion. I want a proper conclusion, a final blow. Something dramatic that will make me cry.

GhaleonEB

jacobs34 said:
Wow, at this point whatever Bungie announces could be the biggest news of E3.
That isn't a title that many will agree on. I think no matter what they announce, FF XIII will take the cake for sheer surprise.

Should be fun, though.

I leave to go camping tomorrow morning, a couple hours after the countdown ends. I'm just glad we didn't do our initial plan of leaving today. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
That isn't a title that many will agree on. I think no matter what they announce, FF XIII will take the cake for sheer surprise.

Should be fun, though.

I leave to go camping tomorrow morning, a couple hours after the countdown ends. I'm just glad we didn't do our initial plan of leaving today. :lol
Yeah. Hopefully Bungie can turn this mess called E3 around. The conferences sucked.

snack said:
Yeah. Hopefully Bungie can turn this mess called E3 around. The conferences sucked.
agreed.

It was a pretty tame E3 - the biggest news was about a game that's likely over a year away. Every other surprise was either not a big deal or LAME like the mandatory 360 dashboard revision. That's gonna suck.

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
agreed.

It was a pretty tame E3 - the biggest news was about a game that's likely over a year away. Every other surprise was either not a big deal or LAME like the mandatory 360 dashboard revision. That's gonna suck.
Hey now. Avatars and the GUI do indeed suck. But the new functionality being added - the party chat, video sharing, Dashboard in the Guide - are great.

I think we've just been jaded by years of E3 being *the* big conference where tons of big announcements get made. These days, those are distributed accross GDC, CES, Liepzig and the publisher showcases (X07, etc.).

I thought it was a pretty good E3, mostly focuses on this holiday. Fable 2 gets drop-in drop-out online co-op, Gears gets five-player grinder mode and looks fuck-awesome to boot. I'm happy.

Oh, and Bungie announces something neat tomorrow. Maybe more than one somethings.

Dirtbag

GhaleonEB said:
Hey now. Avatars and the GUI do indeed suck. But the new functionality being added - the party chat, video sharing, Dashboard in the Guide - are great.

I think we've just been jaded by years of E3 being *the* big conference where tons of big announcements get made. These days, those are distributed accross GDC, CES, Liepzig and the publisher showcases (X07, etc.).

I thought it was a pretty good E3, mostly focuses on this holiday. Fable 2 gets drop-in drop-out online co-op, Gears gets five-player grinder mode and looks fuck-awesome to boot. I'm happy.

Oh, and Bungie announces something neat tomorrow. Maybe more than one somethings.

Not you to Ghaleon!

Fuck he's one of them.

GhaleonEB said:

There was an X07?

pringles

"Keep it Clean".. a game that simulates life as a moderator on the Bungie Forums?
technically a survival horror game I guess

EazyB

Banned
Nintendo aside, the conferences were really good. I know without a doubt that I'll have plenty to play well into (and most likely throughout) 09. Hell, I still haven't play all the Fall 07 games or picked up any PS3 titles. It's a good time to be a gamer.

As for Bungie's announcement, they've hyped it up quite a bit so I have doubt that it'll be worthwhile, Halo or not. Less than 24 hours away! :D

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag 504 said:
Not you to Ghaleon!

Fuck he's one of them.
Hey now. I'm just running with the end of last week's Update.

-Major changes to the Halo 3 Online experience

-Sweet Announcements

As I demonstrated previously, my math sometimes sucks. But I see two seperate things listed there: one specific, one more open ended.

And to multiply them out, there are changes to Halo 3 Online, and announcements. So that's really a minimum of four seperate things.

Just trying to keep expectations realistic.

Eric WK said:
It was a hypothetical example for illustration purposes. My original edit had X0x, the latter x signifying the year, but I thought it was confusing. So I specified, forgetting that MS doesn't do them every year. I only ask for your forgiveness.

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
When does this countdown end again?

And any guesses on what it might be? Sorry just got into this thread.
7:07 (and 7 seconds) am Pacific time tomorrow morning. No idea what the announcement is, but there are increasing rumors, and hints, that there is at least something Halo related going down.

kbear

I'm getting the vibe that it's some sort of XBLA platformer...

How many teams does Bungie have? Halo 3 just released last September so if it's just the one main team then I seriously doubt it's another epic, AAA title since those take like 2 years to make. Let's hope that's not the case

TDG

Banned
kbear said:
How many teams does Bungie have? Halo 3 just released last September so if it's just the one main team then I seriously doubt it's another epic, AAA title since those take like 2 years to make. Let's hope that's not the case
Bungie is a multi-team developer. I think it's safe to say that the days of Bungie releasing one game every three years are over.

Top Bottom