• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bunny girl dating sim Bunny Garden is a massive hit in Japan, topping digital sales charts on Steam and Nintendo eShop

20240419-29854-header-960x640.jpg

Japanese developer Qureate launched Bunny Garden on April 18 on the Nintendo eShop, followed by a Steam release on April 19. The game became a hit in Japan immediately upon release, ranking in at No. #1 on Steam’s top sellers and No. #2 on the Nintendo Store’s Digital Best Sellers lists. The hostess club dating sim is being praised for how cheekily it pushes the limits with its suggestive content and gambling system.
20240419-29854-001.jpg
20240419-29854-002.jpg

Bunny Garden is a dating sim adventure game set in a themed gentleman’s club of the same name. You assume the role of Haito Kanda, an unemployed man who starts visiting the club after being fired from his job. At Bunny Garden, you find solace in alcohol while interacting and pursuing romance with the cast of bunny girl hostesses.

Gameplay in Bunny Garden revolves around raising your affinity with the girls through conversation, games, quizzes and purchasing drinks and snacks. The club is open at weekends, and to be able to afford the expensive visits, you need to spend workdays earning money by doing odd jobs or gambling.

Post translation: When I realized that the cheap drinks in Bunny Garden are on the upper shelf, while the expensive ones are on the lower one, I went “So that’s what’s going on.”
When we last looked at Bunny Garden, it was creating pre-release buzz with its oddly named “PTA system” which is short for “pantsu takusan arigato” in Japanese and can be translated roughly to “thank you for the abundance of panties.” As can be inferred from the name, this system lets the playerpeek at the female cast’s panties (which will differ depending on the day).

But now, with the game finally out, players have discovered a correlation between panty shot probability and the price of the drinks you order at the club. As seen in the video comparison above, pricy alcoholic beverages are stocked on low shelves, which means the bunny girl will bend over further to fetch them, thus showing more panty. Posts on X pointing out this over-the-top mechanic have contributed to the game’s virality, with #バニーガーデン (#Bunny Garden) continuously trending on the site.

Post translation: The fact that you can go over a million in debt on your first visit by just eating and drinking is frightening

Post translation: The realism in trying to overturn a 10 million hostess club debt by gambling online
Bunny Garden is also attracting attention for its comically morbid dark side – as tabs can get quite expensive at the club, the game allows you to take loans and gamble. Players are reporting losing any sense of their spending, going millions into debt and desperately trying to win money back through gambling. Furthermore, the aftermath of going into debt far over your head is being taken to slave away on a ridiculously realistically illustrated fishing boat (seen below).

Post translation: As I played Bunny Garden, I gradually lost my financial awareness, and even as I was taken onto a fishing boat for being behind on my debts, I went, “Why! I only owe 140,000! I should have borrowed 8 million last time and had a little more fun!
Bunny Garden is available for the Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam). The game is rated 17+ (CERO D) and supports English, Japanese and Chinese.

Games that let you shoot dozens of people in the face with a range of automatic weapons - or knife them if they get too close:

‘Oooohhh, the combat feels great!’

Games that let you play as a tanked up loser in a bar, getting into debt gambling and leering at women:

‘Ban this sick filth!’

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
As a big fan of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai I do hope that the game toyuches the vital themes of the bunny girl medium: quantum physics and depression.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Bunny Garden is also attracting attention for its comically morbid dark side – as tabs can get quite expensive at the club, the game allows you to take loans and gamble. Players are reporting losing any sense of their spending, going millions into debt and desperately trying to win money back through gambling. Furthermore, the aftermath of going into debt far over your head is being taken to slave away on a ridiculously realistically illustrated fishing boat (seen below).
Hilarious, reminds me of Kaiji.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
They should do an Animal Crossing crossover. The dejected townsfolk who were kicked out of town wind up at this place drowning their sorrows, and trying to pick up the girls.

You could collect bugs and exchange them for special favors.

Shubh_C63

"But now, with the game finally out, players have discovered a correlation between panty shot probability and the price of the drinks you order at the club."

I laughed so hard at this. Well they are good at maths.

Japan should go all Indian and start forcing arranged marriages and kids on their children.

Woopah

I saw some anime years ago where a girl didn't want anyone to touch her bunny ears because it would make her pregnant. Of course the guy had to find out, and sure enough, she pregnant. Like right then and there.

Edit-found it

I can't tell if this is terrible or amazing.

Top Bottom