• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider: 5 up-and-coming fast food chains taking over America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say these are really 'taking over America' when they're confined to just a few cities in like 3 states.

mcfrank

I have most of these near me.

Blaze is amazing and I will be buying stock as soon as it ipos
Habit is ok, but over rated IMO. Hook burger is way better.
El pollo loco is all over the place near me. Bowls are good, but not as good as chipotle. It is a nice change of pace from other places because of the salsa bar.
Rubios is not good at all.

dvdjamm

I'm hoping that Nandos will come out to California in the near future

IMG_9219JPG.jpg

The Beard

El Pollo Loco is total ass. Worse than taco bell. We had one near my office, it didn't last very long.

Seriously, we've had them here in Northern Ca since I can remember, at least 20 years, and I've always been amazed that they're able to stay in business. There are rarely people in them, and the couple times I've been there l, the food was dry and bland.

If I want shitty "Mexican Food" I'll go to Taco Bell.

rpmurphy

Never been there, but it definitely isn't a fast food place by any description. Where you can be in and out with food in under 10 minutes.
That's kind of surprising, since the menu doesn't look to be that dissimilar to like Jason's Deli or Corner Bakery Cafe, which take about 10 minutes or so from ordering to receiving the food. Do they just not do any takeout then?

That's kind of surprising, since the menu doesn't look to be that dissimilar to like Jason's Deli or Corner Bakery Cafe, which take about 10 minutes or so from ordering to receiving the food. Do they just not do any takeout then?

When I was going there it took them 15-20 minutes to make me a chicken sandwich to go. A $10 chicken sandwich by the way. Add another $5 for sweet potato fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom