• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider: 5 up-and-coming fast food chains taking over America

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel91

Talk about a west coast heavy list.

I'm waiting for Bojangles to expand outside of the South, because I desperately miss it.

1407945643004-Bojangles-9.JPG

PG2G

The Habit is great, I'd go there over in-n-out but none of the ones I've seen have a drive thru.

Funny to see Rubios and El Pollo Loco though, but I guess if they have new expansion plans then it makes sense. I rarely go to either though, always better options available.

The habit is a glorified Burger King that is only successful in Utah because they eat a metric ton of hamburgers with little regard to quality/taste.

The habit is Five guys tier pricing but the burgers are worse than In N out and the fries are worse than Five Guys.

It's only an option if you have nothing above Wendy's to get a burger from. you know, like in Arizona and Utah. :p

otapnam

The habit is Five guys tier pricing but the burgers are worse than In N out and the fries are worse than Five Guys.

It's only an option if you have nothing above Wendy's to get a burger from. you know, like in Arizona and Utah. :p

Fuck 5 guys overhyped garbage

hwateber

The habit is alright, pretty good but overrated. El Pollo Loco is my jam though. They've been in socal for a long time now

Damerman

shake shack has one of the best bacon burgers i've ever had. the fries were weaker than 5 guys...i expected more from the cheeze fries... their Shake though had me moaning.

blackflag

We have Habit here. Never been...I'm pretty sure it couldn't compete with Smash Burger

El Pollo loco sucks

Rubios sucks

We have a place like that Blaze Pizza. It's awesome. It's like Chipotle for pizza. The one here is called Fired Pie. I've been to similar places when I visit Cali.

AniHawk

really weird to see rubio's and el pollo loco on there. el pollo loco's been around forever and i go to rubio's a couple times a month for lunch.

smurfx

get some go again
The fuck happened to Church's Chicken?

That is God tied chicken around here.
lol

surprised el pollo loco was an up and comer. i thought the place was going downhill. i hardly ever go because i always end up getting popeyes if i want chicken.

Nafai1123

Banned
We have Habit here. Never been...I'm pretty sure it couldn't compete with Smash Burger

El Pollo loco sucks

Rubios sucks

We have a place like that Blaze Pizza. It's awesome. It's like Chipotle for pizza. The one here is called Fired Pie. I've been to similar places when I visit Cali.

Habit and Smash are pretty comparable. I'd give the edge to Habit due to pricing.

It's pretty interesting hearing impressions in here considering a majority of these businesses are clients for the company I work for.

El Pollo Loco? I could have sworn they were all over my town about 20 years ago and then disappeared. Good to know they're still around. I used to love their chicken.

El Pollo Loco closed down in my town a long time ago, so it's weird to see it on that list.

Yeah, they where everywhere and then poof, they all disappeared. Maybe poor management? I don't know.

You can eat at Lyfe Kitchen, or you can order something that you really need from Amazon. Then, instead of throwing away the box and the packaging, eat that while someone in your household walks past you several times and blatantly ignores you.

Tada! You have just eaten at Lyfe Kitchen.

Sorry, ate there once and it was not a good experience. It may have been an isolated thing.

mreddie

Pollo Loco is really good but I haven't tried Habit, there are 2 locations in Phoenix too but always forget about them.

Man, El Pollo Loco has been around forever. I didn't realize they only recently went public.

Looks like Best Coast representing as usual.

You guys have so many fast food restaurants that it continually wows me. Here in Canada, we don't have a ton - just the staples and one or two extras like Tim Horton's.

Laekon

I've only been to El Pollo Loco maybe 10 times and I've never found it to be good. Dry chicken and nasty corn on the cob that has been floating in the same water for hours is what comes to mind.

The Habbit is my favorite fast food place. Great burgers, fries, soft serve shakes, and even a good cobb salad with a tuna steak.

I think there is a different mind set in California about what type of business people want to build. I lived on the East Coast most my life and people would open 1 place, work there, and try to be the best. In So Cal people want to create a chain/franchise business, not actually work, and not give a shit if it's the best or not.

I must be losing my mind. I could've sworn I've driven by an El Pollo Loco before. But there are none in my state. I should go back to sleep.

You have Tropical Chicken, and tons of great Cuban restaurants. Cry me a river.

The last time I went to a Pollo Tropical they had somehow ran out of chicken. Out of chicken. A chicken restaurant. No chicken. And they accidentally spilled a tub of ice on a customer when refilling the soda fountain...

But yeah, I wouldn't trade the Cuban restaurants out here for anything. Nothing is more satisfying than a well-made Cuban sandwich.

Jetman

Habit Burger is pretty Bleh. One of these opened up in north LA county recently. There's been a line out the door for weeks now, so figured I'd see what all the hub-Bub was about - and should have went to Wendy's instead :/ Not nearly as good as the rest of the competition.
Ell Pollo Loco is alright though. Rubio's is fucking fantastic. Salmon burrito they have there is the tits.

dcdobson

El Pollo Loco's been around forever. It was my parents' fast food restaurant of choice when I was growing up in central CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom