• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy a GTX1080 get Destiny 2 free

All the 1080s and 1080 TIs are giving destiny 2 for free currently on newegg.

d3fE72B.png

Soi-Fong

I want to get a 1080 Ti, but I'll prolly just wait for the next-gen cards. My 980 Ti is still treating me well.

I planned on getting a 1080 in the next couple months but not sure how I'd feel about Destiny. Well, a free game is a free game.

Huh. For all the shade I throw at Destiny for turning into a game I didn't want to play, I maybe would've been more interested in this as a bonus than Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Does anyone know if a 1080Ti would fit in the HP Envy case (deal that was hovering around on NeoGAF for the last year)? This seems like a decent time to upgrade but the case is so damn small.

Courage

Does anyone know if a 1080Ti would fit in the HP Envy case (deal that was hovering around on NeoGAF for the last year)? This seems like a decent time to upgrade but the case is so damn small.

Compare all the different models and see if you can get the smallest one. It'll most likely be a tight fit. I wasn't able to get my 1080 to fit so ended up moving everything into a new case.

Cheap Destiny 2 keys incoming huh.

not really

NVIDIA changed their process to redeem codes...now only people with the cards in that specific promotion can redeem them and it has to be done through GeForce Experience so it can scan to make sure you have that card...so only people with a 1080 or 1080 Ti can redeem them

also they added region restrictions on the codes too

Nope, this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186760&highlight=hp+envy+deal

Compare all the different models and see if you can get the smallest one. It'll most likely be a tight fit. I wasn't able to get my 1080 to fit so ended up moving everything into a new case.

Okay thanks. I'm looking at the specs and it says its the same size as the 980Ti, but my guess is it depends on the brand. It may be about time for a new case/power supply anyway though.

It's gonna be for 1070 too.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/destiny-2/

the site for the promotion makes no mention whatsoever of that promotion including 1070 cards

"Get Game Ready with GeForce GTX 10 Series and experience Destiny 2 on PC. For a limited time, buy a select GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, system, or laptop, and get Destiny 2 at PC Launch and [Early] Access to the PC Beta! "

Wag

Awwww. Newegg doesn't carry EVGA FE edition of 1080Tis. I want to run SLI and FEs would probably be the best edition for me. I haven't purchased a non-EVGA card in years- the transferable warranty alone makes EVGA worth it.

I always wish you could get these deals retroactively.
I got what was apparently the first Strix 1080 in my state, I shouldn't complain.

Mifec

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/destiny-2/

the site for the promotion makes no mention whatsoever of that promotion including 1070 cards

"Get Game Ready with GeForce GTX 10 Series and experience Destiny 2 on PC. For a limited time, buy a select GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, system, or laptop, and get Destiny 2 at PC Launch and [Early] Access to the PC Beta! "

Dang you're right.
Damn microcenter is doing this also and I just bought my card 3 weeks ago from them. Didn't get any game.

Email them and ask if they could give you one.

Starviper

Welp, guess I better get some use outta my Microcenter warranty and trade my 1070. They got some Open Box 1080's for less than 500 that work with the deal listed.

Wag

How long does this promo last? I'd rather get a EVGA 1080Ti than any other manufacturer's. It's starting to look like EVGA discontinued their 1080Ti FE...

Top Bottom