• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy a GTX1080 get Destiny 2 free

Debating between a 1080 and a 1080ti. Playing at 1440/60 and not sure what would be the best bang for my buck.

Also hoping to get rid of my 970 as soon as I order this to help cushion the blow to my wallet.

Not sure if you're willing to wait 7 days, but with PC beta coming, we'll have tons of impressions on performance within a day or two i'd imagine.

Not sure if you're willing to wait 7 days, but with PC beta coming, we'll have tons of impressions on performance within a day or two i'd imagine.

Good call. I was itching to buy today as my local store has $50 off the strix 1080ti but it may be worth waiting to see the performance results.

Newegg couldn't provide me with a download code, but they did give me a digital gift card for the amount of the game! I ordered a 1080 on July 11th.

HBx2000

Don't know if this is the right place to ask. But is there someone out there that already had a GTX 1080 or TI and redeemed previously a code for Wildlands / For Honor and now has bought a cheap Destiny 2 Nvidia key.
My question is, did this one also redeemed properly?

Asking this because I don't know if Nvidia just checks the basics, or it registers a specific serial number from the graphic card and that way you can only use one promotion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't know if this is the right place to ask. But is there someone out there that already had a GTX 1080 or TI and redeemed previously a code for Wildlands / For Honor and now has bought a cheap Destiny 2 Nvidia key.

Asking this because I don't know if Nvidia just checks the basics, or it registers a specific serial number from the graphic card and that way you can only use one promotion.

I don't have a hard answer, but the GFE key redemption FAQ lists all of the potential error messages and none of them indicate a limit on the amount of separate promotions that can be redeemed against a given card.

deejay

Asking this because I don’t know if Nvidia just checks the basics, or it registers a specific serial number from the graphic card and that way you can only use one promotion.

Yeah I tried it, with two different cards now, and no problems whatsoever. Both activated just fine.

Philxor

Yeah I tried it, with two different cards now, and no problems whatsoever. Both activated just fine.

How does the process of redeeming these work? I just ordered a whole new rig to get a copy of this to play with my other half. I already have the full digital version on pre-order on Battle.net so was wondering what the steps are to actually redeem and then how to activate the code etc. I am guessing there won't be any problems redeeming and then using the code for my partner's Battle.net account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How does the process of redeeming these work? I just ordered a whole new rig to get a copy of this to play with my other half. I already have the full digital version on pre-order on Battle.net so was wondering what the steps are to actually redeem and then how to activate the code etc. I am guessing there won't be any problems redeeming and then using the code for my partner's Battle.net account?

The game is silently registered to the Battle.net account you log in to after registering the Nvidia key within GFE.

deoee

You can log in into your Nvidia thing and link with it her Bnet account and just activate the key!
It then will be in the linked Battle.Net account.

Velikost

My friend just bought a 1080ti PC. If I link my BNet account to through his GeForce Experience I can get the game and unlink my account from his PC afterwards right?

He has 0 interest in the game

fersnake

guys, if anyone had this issue can you please help me.

a month ago a bought an 1080ti to a friend, they send me the code later then the card came and i installed and follow the steps to redeemed and bamm!! "The coupon code you have entered has has already been redeemed" i try again and the same. contacted amazon and they told me that i need to contact with Sony, yes Sony and they gave me the us.playstation/support page and my face was WTF, and told them why and they said they where the publishers and rapidly google it just to be sure but no of course they're not, Activision are the publishers and i told them that and they just said ok contact them and they provided me the support page and of course you cant have support to destiny regarding PC platform.

now today i contacted nvidia explaining everything and they just told me to contact amazon because they provided me the used code.

so... i dont know what else i can do guys. if you have any suggestion it would be appreciated.

guys, if anyone had this issue can you please help me.

a month ago a bought an 1080ti to a friend, they send me the code later then the card came and i installed and follow the steps to redeemed and bamm!! "The coupon code you have entered has has already been redeemed" i try again and the same. contacted amazon and they told me that i need to contact with Sony, yes Sony and they gave me the us.playstation/support page and my face was WTF, and told them why and they said they where the publishers and rapidly google it just to be sure but no of course they're not, Activision are the publishers and i told them that and they just said ok contact them and they provided me the support page and of course you cant have support to destiny regarding PC platform.

now today i contacted nvidia explaining everything and they just told me to contact amazon because they provided me the used code.

so... i dont know what else i can do guys. if you have any suggestion it would be appreciated.

That's terrible CS on Amazon's part. I would contact them again and escalate if need be. They have more codes, you just have to convince them (somehow) to give you another one.

FWIW, I got my code from Amazon too after purchasing a 1080.

Top Bottom