• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

I love headquarters cause everybody has to bear down on the headquarters and it kind of prevents campers from just sitting in 1 or 2 spots all match. Headquarters is really intense and you get a shit-load of points

Flunkie

Banned
Aladuf said:
Like Bad Kid Marv?
Yes, exactly. :lol

Full Recovery said:
I want to build a nice rig, but I need money first :S

edit: totally quoted the wrong dude.
Aladuf's got a pretty kickin' rig. Maybe he'll give you a good deal. :lol

brandumpling said:
Whats all your guy's favorite game mode. For me it's Headquarters all the way biatch
Hardcore Headquarters

Griffith

Banned
brandumpling said:
Whats all your guy's favorite game mode. For me it's Headquarters all the way biatch
Hardcore Headquarters. I tried to go back to regular headquarters after playing hardcore but it just didn't feel right.

Magik

brandumpling said:

Headquarters is probably my overall favorite mode. Camping the HQ and racking up kills especially on Hardcore Headquarters is so much fun. 100+ kills on Shipment is funny stuff.

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Sure did, and it's actually not too bad but it's sure as hell not running COD4.
I'd want to build something that could run crysis at 1920x1200 @ 60fps or better. That would probably cost me $1000 and I already have the monitor.

I really want to play crysis and kinda want to play mass effect. And I haven't played couterstrike since high school.

and L4D, or any orange box game. I'd rather not have the ps3 portshit.

PacoDG

brandumpling said:

\m/ sabotage forever \m/

(if they bring back capture the flag for mw2, I might switch to that)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Aladuf said:
It's not me that you'd have to convince, it's my PC that you'd have to convince to be able to run the damn game. :lol

That would be the problem I have too. That and I hate using a mouse and keyboard for FPS. Sacrilege I know but I don't like it and I don't want others to have that option either. :D

kuYuri

I have CoD4 for both PC and 360, so hit me up if you want me to join. I've been playing again lately with some LIVE friends and we usually own most of the time.

Also, I don't understand why IW never patched the PS3 version to fix the glitches. The 360version was patched maybe a week at most after the glitch became known. Goes to show just how much support they show for the PS3. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Strider2K99 said:
I have CoD4 for both PC and 360, so hit me up if you want me to join. I've been playing again lately with some LIVE friends and we usually own most of the time.

Also, I don't understand why IW never patched the PS3 version to fix the glitches. The 360version was patched maybe a week at most after the glitch became known. Goes to show just how much support they show for the PS3. :lol

Because nobody has been doing it? It only started happening on the PS3 Thursday. I play just about every day and thats the first time I'd ever seen it happen.

kuYuri

Brian Fellows said:
Because nobody has been doing it? It only started happening on the PS3 Thursday. I play just about every day and thats the first time I'd ever seen it happen.

Oh ok, maybe I was thinking of some months ago when there was a sudden rise in glitching in both CoD4 and CoD:WaW. I thought the glitches started on both 360 and PS3 and they were subsequently updated, at least on the 360. I thought these latest instances of glitching on PS3 was similar to that.

There was a thread about it, but I can't seem to find it now.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359634

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Strider2K99 said:
Oh ok, maybe I was thinking of some months ago when there was a sudden rise in glitching in both CoD4 and CoD:WaW. I thought the glitches started on both 360 and PS3 and they were subsequently updated, at least on the 360. I thought these latest instances of glitching on PS3 was similar to that.

Yeah it's pretty much the same except I've yet to see anyone with unlimited grenade launcher rounds though. The flying is the same.

But its a very new problem to the PS3 version. So maybe they just figured there was no reason to fix it if nobody was doing it. OR maybe you're right and they just don't give a shit about us poor PS3 users. :D

I just hope they get it fixed.

Strider2K99 said:

Yeah I went into a game on 360 and people were glitching and stuff.
We had unlimited noobtubes and could fly/get out of the map.
It was fun but got old real quick and I was also scared that just accidentally participating in a modded game might get me banned.

No_Style

brandumpling said:

TDM or Ground War (18 player TDM & Domination)

I'm a fan of Domination as it brings it reminds me of the good times with BF2 and its Conquest mode.

JB1981

PacoDG said:
Haven't stopped playing.. and though random grenades come and go depending on the map, so far I don't get that much host disconnects (ie rage quitters).

I will say though, the number of people without microphones is amazing. I only play Sabotage, so it weirds me out people play a objective based gametype and don't use the mic... but whatever.

There is a surprisingly high number of players on ps3 with mics

Az

wtf i cant play the game on my ps3 at all anymore... every single game i played there was atleast one hacker...
I hope this gets fixed asap and until then ill be playing some Bad company online

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aladuf said:
Yep, I was looking at the IW forums today to see if they had made any mention of what they're doing about the glitch and in some thread about it, this kid posted a youtube link showing how to do it and all it is, is taking the save file and changing some words around or something along those lines. To make things worse, the video had a link to download a save file that was ready for copying to a PS3 so even the lazy folks can do it.

That's been patched, unless they're using a different save than what I found through Googling the internet.
No, I will not give out the save-file's "name" since it's pretty damn easy to find if you waste an hour or so Googling around

Unpatch the game and use that file, and yeah... in split-screen (since you can't go online otherwise it demands the patch, obviously) the hacks are there (and sort-of neat in a research way).

Looking at the files it's apparent that
The Q3A engine is still somewhat there at IW, guess Carmack is right in that the tech is still there
. :lol

The laser sight stuff is pretty :lol since it's totally "hax" becuase the laser goes from the muzzle of the gun outward.

I think the only useful "really neat and not really a cheat" cheat is the FPS information (and no_clip, if that wasn't used in multiplayer to cheat). Pretty neat to see how some areas dip into 45-55 territory depending on what's going on but it stays a rock-solid 59-60 otherwise.

But yeah, going off tangant: That's been patched AFAIK and unless there is some workaround now (which there apparently is, given the posts in here), it shouldn't work. :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PacoDG said:
I think now in days, it is more or less people using/abusing that damn Xbox Live Party Chat :(

I am always playing with a private party and some friends. COD4 is awesome =)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My favorite modes are FFA and S&D. But MOD4 doesnt have my absolute favorite mode. That would be capture the flag which I play almost exclusively on WaW.

panda21

TheSeks said:
That's been patched, unless they're using a different save than what I found through Googling the internet.
No, I will not give out the save-file's "name" since it's pretty damn easy to find if you waste an hour or so Googling around

Unpatch the game and use that file, and yeah... in split-screen (since you can't go online otherwise it demands the patch, obviously) the hacks are there (and sort-of neat in a research way).

Looking at the files it's apparent that
The Q3A engine is still somewhat there at IW, guess Carmack is right in that the tech is still there
. :lol

The laser sight stuff is pretty :lol since it's totally "hax" becuase the laser goes from the muzzle of the gun outward.

I think the only useful "really neat and not really a cheat" cheat is the FPS information (and no_clip, if that wasn't used in multiplayer to cheat). Pretty neat to see how some areas dip into 45-55 territory depending on what's going on but it stays a rock-solid 59-60 otherwise.

But yeah, going off tangant: That's been patched AFAIK and unless there is some workaround now (which there apparently is, given the posts in here), it shouldn't work. :/

are you talking about the flying thing? cos thats definitely not patched on the ps3. i just saw someone doing it

TheSeks

panda21 said:
are you talking about the flying thing? cos thats definitely not patched on the ps3. i just saw someone doing it

I'm not sure about the "super jump" (I think that's the "flying" you're talking about). The no_clip bind allows the same thing (but lets you get stuck in a building if you "clip," obviously), nearly.

Again, I dunno if the file at the IW boards that the person I quoted is the same as the file I've found through Google. But patching the game turns that save-file off (well, it doesn't. It just patches the game to not allow those commands to be used), even in split-screen mode. So...

RefigeKru

Banned
Yeah, so I played a couple of games today.

People on top of buildings, invincible, flying around.

It basically happened overnight didn't it?

Aladuf

Banned
RefigeKru said:
Yeah, so I played a couple of games today.

People on top of buildings, invincible, flying around.

It basically happened overnight didn't it?
It really did, two nights ago I noticed a person here and there in a couple of matches doing it and didn't think too much of it, and then last night it had clearly just exploded. I knew my night was off to a bad start when I heard the squeaky voice of some 12 year old or whatever telling all of us how he and his buddies were about to be flying around.

TheSeks

Aladuf said:
It really did, two nights ago I noticed a person here and there in a couple of matches doing it and didn't think too much of it, and then last night it had clearly just exploded. I knew my night was off to a bad start when I heard the squeaky voice of some 12 year old or whatever telling all of us how he and his buddies were about to be flying around.

I dunno about the top of buildings, but I've seen two people help one of themselves get up on the stairs of Bloq (the Russian Statue/two apartment map) before through the "Follow" cam. Was pretty neat to see them get to a place that usually can't be gotten to without having to "cheat" to get to it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
TheSeks said:
I dunno about the top of buildings, but I've seen two people help one of themselves get up on the stairs of Bloq (the Russian Statue/two apartment map) before through the "Follow" cam. Was pretty neat to see them get to a place that usually can't be gotten to without having to "cheat" to get to it.

This is completely different. All they do is pause the game for a second then bam they shoot off in the sky and have complete freedom from gravity. I had a dude circling me going up and down like he was a witch on a broom last night.

They arent completely bulletproof though. I have managed to shoot a few of these fuckers out of the sky but at other times They'll float right in front of you and let you shoot and knife them for a while before they decide to kill you.

TheSeks

Brian Fellows said:
This is completely different. All they do is pause the game for a second then bam they shoot off in the sky and have complete freedom from gravity. I had a dude circling me going up and down like he was a witch on a broom last night.

They arent completely bulletproof though. I have managed to shoot a few of these fuckers out of the sky but at other times They'll float right in front of you and let you shoot and knife them for a while before they decide to kill you.

Yeah, I've seen the "bind say go to (website here) for CoD4 hacks" on the PS3 (and I think I've seen a few on the 360 version). But yeah, I don't think IW cares anymore since MW2 is about to be out and most people will be jumping ship to that.

LowParry

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I've seen the "bind say go to (website here) for CoD4 hacks" on the PS3 (and I think I've seen a few on the 360 version). But yeah, I don't think IW cares anymore since MW2 is about to be out and most people will be jumping ship to that.

IW is looking into fixing the issue.

TheSeks

CcrooK said:
IW is looking into fixing the issue.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Just like new playlists that are more than Hardcore HQ

LowParry

TheSeks said:
I'll believe it when I see it.
Just like new playlists that are more than Hardcore HQ

Someone from IW already said they're looking into it. It's in one of the MW2 threads here.

I need to get my wireless adapter over to my new place so I can play some games of CoD4. The hype for MW2 has got me jonesin' for it again.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
have a link?
Well, I posted this in the MW2 first MP footage thread yesterday, it was on IW's twitter. Here's a copy/paste of what it said:

Just saw this on IW's twitter:

"Thanks for all the feedback from our COD4 PS3 users. We hear you loud and clear and are investigating the glitchers. (via @fourzerotwo)"

Glad to see that they're getting on top of the hack/glitchers so quickly.

DoomGyver

Good to hear, it shouldn't be difficult for them to patch especially since they've already patched similar hacks before.

Az

you guys can add me on ps3... AzRim904..

I'll be playing in a few minutes, would be nice if we can get a GAF private game going

Ramirez

Brian Fellows said:
My favorite modes are FFA and S&D. But MOD4 doesnt have my absolute favorite mode. That would be capture the flag which I play almost exclusively on WaW.

Yes, I want this in MW2.

todahawk

Full Recovery said:
Good to hear, it shouldn't be difficult for them to patch especially since they've already patched similar hacks before.

man, glad they're on top of it. i played the other night and noticed that shit. They were on my team and laughing it up. I didn't have my mic on so I just quit. :(

This game has become such a mess. I boot it up and find guys flying all over the map, even breaking through the floor. After the match I boot up another level to find the same thing but even stranger, it seemed like some of the players were able to see through walls. I mean, the enemy would be shooting the instant I walked around a corner, there was no reaction time. I was also getting shot through walls pretty frequently, and I'm talking direct shots, not the usual spray that would take me out before. Could be paranoia after seeing all the other glitches though. What I find pretty hilarious is that even though all these people were cheating, I still got the most kills in the match. It seems like it doesn't help them that much.

Then for the third match I booted up a level and everyone was rank 1, the match wouldn't start, and I was in a sort of spectator mode that was stuck under the level. It was different then the normal spectator mode since there were strange numbers in the top left part of the screen. I had no clue what was going on, and everyone was shouting in their mics and playing Family Guy clips, so my questions about what was happening were being drowned out.

Az

Tkawsome said:
Then for the third match I booted up a level and everyone was rank 1, the match wouldn't start, and I was in a sort of spectator mode that was stuck under the level. It was different then the normal spectator mode since there were strange numbers in the top left part of the screen. I had no clue what was going on, and everyone was shouting in their mics and playing Family Guy clips, so my questions about what was happening were being drowned out.

I had the same thing happen to me, had to restart the game couple of times.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tkawsome said:

This happened to me once too.

I played another five matches and every one of them had at least one person glitching out. How did it become so widespread? Is it really easy to do or something? Anyway, I still stand by my comment that it must not be that helpful since I've had the highest score for almost all of the matches, despite having a bunch of people flying around through walls.

When did this start becoming a problem? I've been playing for the past two weeks and today was the first time I ever encountered this.

WTF is wrong with this game?

First, I got into the freaking rank 1 spectator mode with some numbers that I have no idea what they mean floating through air without option to quit or do anything.
Then, I go to a match, with some INSANE lag, bullets flying through 3 walls killing me and other insane stuff I've never experienced before.
After that, I got to see a guy that SKY ROCKETS into the freaking sky out of nowhere and does god knows what.
And, at the end, in a hardcore TDM I got to follow a guy that was on top of a building that YOU CAN'T FREAKING ACCESS.

This stuff didn't happen like a day ago... Oh, well, back to Killzone.

Top Bottom