• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

DirtyLary

any one know how to get faster download speeds on xbox one? should be 15-20 mbps and it keeps going down to around 3-4. its frustrating.

Yeah wins and losses are pretty much meaningless to me. Way too many ways to end up with cheap losses. I only care about them when I'm playing S&D. And even then I refuse to risk almost certain death just for a 2% chance the other person is sleeping while I defuse the bomb.

You camp the bomb site?

jediyoshi

PS4 NeoGAF Clan: The mobile app has progressively gotten worse to the point where it doesn't recognize I'm in a clan at the moment. Don't think I have any other options in manually inviting people other than recent players or people I'm in a lobby with so new people will have to hold for a bit.

Portugeezer

Any other Search and Destroy fans having trouble getting into the game?

Objectively, the game is solid for what it is, but the new movement system and maps completely fucked up SnD for me. I think mainly due to the lack of equipment to control areas of the map, or the slowness of the exo launcher to throw tactical grenades.

Everyone just rushes in AW, so you get caught out if your team is shit, in 15 seconds you can have guys coming around 4 different corners, I do best when I rush... in previous games rushing would be a last resort or something I did to change up the tactics.

Guess I will play Team Deathmatch for now.

I have played hundreds of hours of MP in every CoD since Modern Warfare... but something about AW MP just isn't clicking for me... no idea what it is. So odd.

Tokubetsu

I have played hundreds of hours of MP in every CoD since Modern Warfare... but something about AW MP just isn't clicking for me... no idea what it is. So odd.

I'm having fun but kinda the same for me. I just can't get my performance to stay up consistently.

Did they finally reveal how the importing of the backstory from previous games' works?

They said that it was something related to Dragon Age Keep where you could make those choices in the game's intro and have them affect your current game.

Any more information on that?

Korten

Banned
uohb.jpg

Nearly 2 hours... I could have gone on longer but I let myself be surrounded. :(

I got 3 zombie items. Not sure how to get the rest.

BokehKing

Banned
PS4 NeoGAF Clan: The mobile app has progressively gotten worse to the point where it doesn't recognize I'm in a clan at the moment. Don't think I have any other options in manually inviting people other than recent players or people I'm in a lobby with so new people will have to hold for a bit.
I had a problem earlier on the x1 side but I have been able to add people again through the app

Granted the app says I have X amount of people in the clan and the in game clan feature says we have less than that

BokehKing

Banned
uohb.jpg

Nearly 2 hours... I could have gone on longer but I let myself be surrounded. :(

I got 3 zombie items. Not sure how to get the rest.
What exo suit are you using? I tried playing that earlier and I kept getting one shooter by the first wave of enemies, Treyarch horde mode it is not, hell the ghost horde mode (not extinction the other one) was better

Korten

Banned
What exo suit are you using? I tried playing that earlier and I kept getting one shooter by the first wave of enemies, Treyarch horde mode it is not, hell the ghost horde mode (not extinction the other one) was better

I was playing on Regular, which is way more survivable. It's good for practice, it does get tough tho. Just need to keep moving. Make sure you upgrade weapon and armor before anything else.

Joco

Did they finally reveal how the importing of the backstory from previous games' works?

They said that it was something related to Dragon Age Keep where you could make those choices in the game's intro and have them affect your current game.

Any more information on that?

Wrong thread?

Card Boy

Banned
I was playing on Regular, which is way more survivable. It's good for practice, it does get tough tho. Just need to keep moving. Make sure you upgrade weapon and armor before anything else.

In private match? what difficulty is online matchmaking co-op set to?

Korten

Banned
In private match? what difficulty is online matchmaking co-op set to?

Private. Since it's the only way to do solo. It should be noted you can still unlock all of the tiers of maps and zombie gear in private.

I think Hardened or Veteran for online matchmaking since you die a lot quicker.

Rocketz

All I want is a cool helmet and my friend gets his first supply drop and gets the one I want :/

Edit: also for the love of God please get the dedicated servers working. P2P is just terrible.

FrsDvl

So, what is the best gametype to level up the fastest? I've been playing hardpoint for the most part, since that goes pretty quick imo. Any better ones?

Pop

I swear I suck at COD this go around
I went positive maybe one game, I average 12-25

I keep getting shot from every angle

I'm a 2.2 + k/d player in every other COD. Struggling here to keep 1.8 k/d.

Everything is just faster, people can reach the tops of buildings in an instant. I've noticed spawns are either great to bad. Players have spawned right behind me sometimes or to the sides.

BokehKing

Banned
I think part of my problem is the mini map sucks ass.... Destiny with it's vague hint of direction mini map is more effective then this crap, stop giving everyone the ability to not show up on the map, really annoying, why have the map at all?

.J.

Banned
This is awesome. I think COD and The Crew downloading simultaneously has given my PS4 some awful disease.

I was downloading and installing The Crew beta and COD: Advanced Warfare simultaneously. When I came back to play one later that evening, I noticed something strange: both The Crew beta AND COD:AW had the icon for The Crew displayed. Hrm, that's weird. I tried to launch The Crew, and it kept saying it couldn't launch because it required an update. I clicked to accept the update, and it kicked me out to the home screen. It did this repeatedly, then I just deleted the darned thing. Then I tried to start COD: AW for the first time. It repeatedly tried to start, then just kicked me out, saying it had to sign me out of my profile due to a network error. Now I'm trying to delete COD too to try to reinstall, but my console is frozen on this screen and I'm afraid to turn it off.

RedAssedApe

Banned
am I missing something or is the companion app pretty useless? Can you not view your load outs ?

All I see are some rudimentary stats and an emblem editor. Thes rest of the app seems to be trying to sell me dlc.

Gator86

I probably played a few hundred hours of both MW and MW2. I'm around two and a half hours of MP on this and I'm just about burned out. The game actually looks great and the movement abilities are fun to use but it all just feels so meh. Not a bad game but I just think I'm done with this series.

Someone has made a PC Gaf clan. I just applied. Who ever made it needs to start promoting it here so we can get something going. It looks legit. Believe.

wrongway

Maybe this is a thing that's in all the COD games so everyone knows it already, but I found something really helpful.

If you have a large secondary weapon -- an SMG for example -- that has a lengthy draw animation such as extending the stock, swap to it when you spawn. Then if you need to use it, you can swap to it from your primary without having to re-do that extra animation. This makes my railgun + KF5 kit so much more fun. :3

Top Bottom