• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

How good of a gun is the IMR? Everyone uses either the Bal27 or AK12, I want to use something different but that won't screw me over like the EM1 does frequently.

wrongway

How good of a gun is the IMR? Everyone uses either the Bal27 or AK12, I want to use something different but that won't screw me over like the EM1 does frequently.

I'm generally not big on burst guns, but I've used it a bit and done fairly well. Started off with the plain reflex sight and foregrip, but ended up swapping the grip for the laser sight. Pretty solid at any range.

eek5

It's good on close-med to med range maps. If you can engineer a bunch of scenarios where you meet people in this range it is very good. Long range it falls apart fast.. a lot of 1 bullet hit bursts which sucks.

My fav AR right now is HBRA w/ foregrip and a sight.

Above average CQB if you can land the first 3-4 bullets. Really good mid range and good long range if you don't mind holding the trigger down to get to the lower RPM bullets.

So I'm having a big bug problem with this game, namely I cannot advance in the single player campaign. I bought the digital pro version (one with season pass and bonus dlc) on xbox one if that helps.

Basically during the cutscenes before a level starts the game will stutter and then freeze completely, then restart itself. It first started doing this on mission 8? and I couldn't advance so I deleted the game completely and re-dowloaded it. It still happened so I figured maybe my save was bugged so I deleted the save and started over, now it is happening much earlier I cannot even advance beyond the cutscene before the Detroit level.

This is really annoying, any suggestions gaf?

Dalek

I probably played a few hundred hours of both MW and MW2. I'm around two and a half hours of MP on this and I'm just about burned out. The game actually looks great and the movement abilities are fun to use but it all just feels so meh. Not a bad game but I just think I'm done with this series.

I feel the same. I stopped playing to see if the latency issues were a launch issue-but honestly, now that I've removed the disc and I'm back to Diablo 3 and Shadow of Mordor, I don't feel motivated to come back.

I'm going to say the same thing about Exo that I said about Titanfall--wait a few weeks and judge again.

Extreme mobility tends to lead to increased rate of encounters. Increased rate of encounters can lead to a flat experience without highs and lows. It's a strong initial rush, but it's very taxing. This is what killed Titanfall for me.

My style of play is very much run and gun with extreme mobility preferred. It's one of the reasons I love AW. So I'll see if I get bored fast, but that's one aspect which I'll enjoy for a while probably.

It's been a while since I played a Call of Duty. Holy fuck they need to stop with the "follow this guy" shit in every single level. The levels are already ridiculously linear, the fact they think you need a guide on top of that is nuts. I'm a good ways into the game and there are definitely some awesome set pieces and action moments, but outside of those it's pretty damn mediocre.

Vidpixel

Is anyone else having connection issues with Exo Survival matchmaking at the moment? Standard multiplayer has been completely smooth on my end, but with Exo Survival, I've already been dropped mid-game out of 2 matches back-to-back. It really sucks because we were doing good in both matches too....

It's been a while since I played a Call of Duty. Holy fuck they need to stop with the "follow this guy" shit in every single level. The levels are already ridiculously linear, the fact they think you need a guide on top of that is nuts. I'm a good ways into the game and there are definitely some awesome set pieces and action moments, but outside of those it's pretty damn mediocre.

I think this is the most restrictive and non interactive Call of Duty campaign i have ever played.

What are your guys' most desired fixes/wishlist for a patch? ...Besides dedicated servers

For me:

-Respawn timer for TDM. I just feel this would be best. I feel this should help with respawns too.
-Slightly higher TTK. Just 1 or 2 shots.

I just feel that if the random deaths were reduced, this game would be amazing.

Maybe TTK is being affected by lag, I don't know.

I am also beginning to appreciate scorestreaks. It seems to be the case that whenever I get points for scorestreaks, they rebuild all my scorestreaks before and after... So if I'm using system hack and getting assist points for it, it contributes to my UAV and Paladin.

It seems to carry over after you die, so much like in COD4, I can get some streak, die, call in a streak, help it build towards my starting killstreak, and build up again.

Too bad the streak variety isn't so great. Robodogs that can fly after you, napalm strikes, and more hands-on killstreaks like maybe full invisibility with throwing knives would have been cool.

I have to say though, the way they crammed in so many old killstreaks into the few basic ones is really genius, and balanced. I've come around to this game.

How big of a difference is the jump from last gen to next gen? Does it just look shinier?

What are your guys' most desired fixes/wishlist for a patch? ...Besides dedicated servers

Off the top of my head:
- Spawn with more ammo by default
- Separate sensitivity settings for look and ADS
- Fix the player arrow in the map to make it easier to read
- Fix the in-game chat icons
- Add the ability to boot straight to multiplayer (maybe you can do this but I can't find it anywhere on XBO)
- Add pics to the "Next Map" selector in the MP lobby

Exo movements are a blast to use but the TTK in this game is just goddamn ridiculous.

Agreed, I still love playing, but they need to literally double the ttk for automatic weapons. Exo suit feels like it waa designed around epic fire fights that last for more than a split second. When I'm getting shot from behind I want to be able to thrust sideways, turn around, and at least have a chance to get the kill.

nbraun80

So what does the spike drone do exactly? Is it suppose to be like a throwing knife? Also was thinking that the crazy yolo run and gun that causes a lot of the bad spawning could be slowed down with a bouncy betty or clsymore, not sure why we didn't get one...

Vidpixel

Off the top of my head:
- Spawn with more ammo by default
- Separate sensitivity settings for look and ADS
- Fix the player arrow in the map to make it easier to read
- Fix the in-game chat icons
- Add the ability to boot straight to multiplayer (maybe you can do this but I can't find it anywhere on XBO)
- Add pics to the "Next Map" selector in the MP lobby

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there's an option at the main menu to choose which mode (Campaign, Multiplayer, or Exo Survival) you want the game to default to when it first boots up.

For me:

-Respawn timer for TDM. I just feel this would be best. I feel this should help with respawns too.
-Slightly higher TTK. Just 1 or 2 shots.

I just feel that if the random deaths were reduced, this game would be amazing.

Maybe TTK is being affected by lag, I don't know.

I am also beginning to appreciate scorestreaks. It seems to be the case that whenever I get points for scorestreaks, they rebuild all my scorestreaks before and after... So if I'm using system hack and getting assist points for it, it contributes to my UAV and Paladin.

It seems to carry over after you die, so much like in COD4, I can get some streak, die, call in a streak, help it build towards my starting killstreak, and build up again.

Too bad the streak variety isn't so great. Robodogs that can fly after you, napalm strikes, and more hands-on killstreaks like maybe full invisibility with throwing knives would have been cool.

I have to say though, the way they crammed in so many old killstreaks into the few basic ones is really genius, and balanced. I've come around to this game.

How big of a difference is the jump from last gen to next gen? Does it just look shinier?
If you're in a laggy match, then every time you die it's gonna seem like it's an instakill, it's just how it is. A higher ttk probably won't help much with that either.

As for stuff I want, I want more options. More options in matchmaking;how I matchmake and who I match to ( no parties please!) sliders to adjust aiming acceleration, scope in sensitivity, etc. and an option to adjust network smoothing ( lag comp) from 0% to 100% like in BF4. That's all I can think of now.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there's an option at the main menu to choose which mode (Campaign, Multiplayer, or Exo Survival) you want the game to default to when it first boots up.

Correct. At the mode screen press triangle (PS4) or Y (XB1) to set one as default.

Gator86

I think this is the most restrictive and non interactive Call of Duty campaign i have ever played.

I've only played the first four or five levels but I'd have to agree. It reminds me of BF3 where the game doesn't give a shit you exist. Everything is automated and you're just there hanging out. At one point, a character wanted to be where I was and pushed through me, smashing me inside of a table where I was stuck for a few minutes.

I had some fun with it but it's kind of weird to feel as if you're entirely pointless even as the protagonist of the story.

RedAssedApe

Banned

- Adjustment of some of the kill streak point requirements or make exo abilities recharge after a period of cool down. Something to help you survive longer or make kill streaks easier to get so that they are more useful.
- Move the damn mic icons off to the side somewhere.
- Move your player icon to the center of the mini map or change the color of your arrow so you can more easily eyeball
- Some people seem to be complaining about audio and not being able to sound whore with their headsets. So maybe tweak that a little? I kind of hated previous CODs where you'd see someone going one direction and just do a total 180 and blast you in the face. its kind of silly so...this one I'd want them to be careful with.

Voltron64

They really need to tweak the volume effect of nearby enemies. It's like everyone is running around with the dead silence perk. This, combined with the crazy spawning, and random hit detection has made this the most frustrating CoDs I've played. I've hit max prestige in almost every CoD but I don't see myself playing this for very long if things stay the same.

Vidpixel

They really need to tweak the volume effect of nearby enemies. It's like everyone is running around with the dead silence perk. This, combined with the crazy spawning, and random hit detection has made this the most frustrating CoDs I've played. I've hit max prestige in almost every CoD but I don't see myself playing this for very long if things stay the same.

I agree. The only things I really hear from enemies are their Exo suits when they're boosting and gunfire. I swear, I hardly ever, if at all, hear the footsteps of adversaries coming at me from behind.

Anyone having issues on Xbox One?

I'm signed in, but when I booted up the game, it said I wasn't signed in, I chose my profile, and it's just sitting there saying "Reading Save Device"

Before this, I tried booting the game up 2x and it just froze.

I'm running the disc version.

wrongway

Besides dedicated servers, I'm all for most weapons needing 1-2 more hits. To go with that, it'd be nice if every weapon got an extra magazine.

I also wouldn't mind a slight killstreak buff. I definitely prefer them be too weak than too strong, but I don't feel very compelled to use many of them. Maybe a lot of them could just stand a small cost reduction. In particular, I think the Vulcan should traverse a little faster so it could catch up to people who are close by. It's pretty easy to run away from at the moment. Maybe it could have a little DPS reduction to compensate for being faster. The Goliath could stand a little recoil reduction as well. Sure it's burly, but it doesn't feel very threatening outside of 30 feet or so.

Exosuit abilities are in the same boat. Most don't really feel worth using. In general, I think they should slowly recharge. Being a one-shot deal makes it seem like a penalty for staying alive. I think they should also all be either instant or very quick to activate. This could/would make Stim overpowered, but I say nothing should ever increase health or damage output in these games. Make Stim boost your out-of-combat heal time instead.

Sound could also use some attention. Most sound effects are just too quiet or they don't carry very far. Unsuppressed jumpjets should be audible from longer range, as should unsuppressed gunfire. Footsteps should also be plainly audible when sprinting. We also need some actual individual sound sliders for music, FX, character chatter, and VOIP. Only having master volume is nonsense.

Oh, and lose the connection bars. That shit's meaningless. Numerical ping, please.

Vidpixel

Exosuit abilities are in the same boat. Most don't really feel worth using. In general, I think they should slowly recharge. Being a one-shot deal makes it seem like a penalty for staying alive. I think they should also all be either instant or very quick to activate. This could/would make Stim overpowered, but I say nothing should ever increase health or damage output in these games. Make Stim boost your out-of-combat heal time instead.

I agree, Exo Abilities are pretty much worthless right now, and having them recharge would make them a much more viable combat option. As for Exo Stim, they could just make its recharge much longer than the other abilities so it doesn't feel too overpowered.

I absolutely dont want tweaked audio for footsteps. Soundwhoring is a cheap advantage that some can afford. Unless we can plug in headphones into the PS4, I dont want to have to sneak behind an enemy only for them to turn around and kill me simply because they have better audio equipment.

Wait, Stim is like...juggernaut??

I thought it just regenerated your health faster.

I'd be careful with exo buffs. Some abilities like invisibility would be used more for camping, while others like Overclock would make the speed of the game even more insane. It definitely feels that most people will forgo exo abilities, but they need to be adjusted individually, because I think they add an interesting twist to the gameplay.

Durden77

Finished the campaign today. Really really liked it, even if the ending was a bit... sudden. Most of the action sequences were done really well and avoided obvious cliches that CoD became known for.

Also Kevin Spacey shocked me with his performance. He didn't phone it in one bit.

Nimby

Banned
What needs to be fixed?

Umm, the PS3 version freezes up like my damn refrigerator. I constantly have to unplug my PS3 because everything locks up, and that can't be good in the long run.

Smaller issues?

- Text needs to be smaller overall.
- Relocate the voice chat by or under the map.
- Buff some of these scorestreaks. Got a "solar reflection tower" which is completely shitty. People instantly go inside and it's way too hard to kill someone anyway.
- People keep getting out of the map on Detroit.

EDIT: And I agree about Exo abilites. I really cannot find a use for them. I only see people use cloak, which is a pretty shitty cloak if I might add.

nbraun80

Don't see how its cheap, if you're going to put an ability in to silence your footsteps you ought to be able to hear footsteps.

wrongway

Wait, Stim is like...juggernaut??

I thought it just regenerated your health faster.

The description says, "Temporarily generate health beyond normal levels." I thought at first glance that it was a healing thing too, but it doesn't seem to affect your recovery rate. So it seems to be just a straight up health boost. :\

Top Bottom