• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Robcat

Banned
What's going on in this game online. It's killstreak after killstreak non stop. I haven't played online in a couple weeks and I don't remember this happening.

NYR

What's going on in this game online. It's killstreak after killstreak non stop. I haven't played online in a couple weeks and I don't remember this happening.

objectives now get more points. People are actually playing the game now.

Daffy Duck

Yeah, it's frankly ridiculous now.

It's also a bad time to play as a clan war is on and that means if you ain't playing with six buddies your going to get smashed. A bone head decision to base clan wars like this. Throw in skill based matchmaking (putting me in Spanish lobbies as a UK player) and it's going to go very wrong.

It's a shame there's a good game here but the matchmaking is horrendous.

Calabi

Was playing some ground war missions the amount of score streaks was ridiculous. Constant missile strikes, hacking, tanks, everything it was insane it was effecting the frame rate. You couldnt do anything because you didnt what was going on. I'm not sure sledgehammer know what they are doing.

I played for several hours last night, first session post patch. I went positive every match and went 2 and 3 kdr in several of them.

Patch seems to have a dramatic impact on the way lag compensation was impacting me.

NYR

I am loving this new patch, my KD has improved a lot, I went from a .9 to a near 1.00 in the last week, playing the objective really helps get massive points and streaks. Dom is a lot of fun, lots of battles for flags now, no losers just running around looking for kills. Only thing that sucks is lining up against a team of 4 or 5 clan members, it is brutal.

M.W.

I played for several hours last night, first session post patch. I went positive every match and went 2 and 3 kdr in several of them.

Patch seems to have a dramatic impact on the way lag compensation was impacting me.
Good to hear as it's been nearly unplayable on my end since launch.

kendrid

Banned
Good to hear as it's been nearly unplayable on my end since launch.

The game has been the opposite for me - I almost never had issues until the patch. The night of the patch was okay but the last two nights I have turned the game off in disgust because my bullets don't register and I lag like crazy.

I am going to try again tonight. If it lags out again I think I will renew my FF XIV. I am hoping it had something to do with it being the weekend and there being more players.

biteren

what did they do to my HBRa3? i went from amazing to Barley holding my own with my favorite weapon! i rage quitted......i actually rage quitted, i never rage quit. i was already on AW break and i figure i would try the new patch and im getting my ass kicked every which way.

looks like im going back on break.

and also im getting the same problem with killstreaks being everywhere (especally systemhack)

what the hell did they do to the game?

EDIT: oh it looks like the HBRa3 got a cripling nerf, it was already the worst of the full auto rifles, dammit

leng jai

Did the HBR get a nerf? Just came back today and was getting slaughtered for the first few matches. Everyone also seem to instantly go prone during firefights too which is stupid as hell.

Did the HBR get a nerf? Just came back today and was getting slaughtered for the first few matches. Everyone also seem to instantly go prone during firefights too which is stupid as hell.
I hate that too. The other thing is some guys can really bunny hop all the time while aiming.

aravuus

What was that called again? Dolphin diving?

Wish they'd get rid of it, it's all kinds of stupid

e: or rather, make it so you can't shoot for a short while after diving. diving itself is fine obv.

What was that called again? Dolphin diving?

Wish they'd get rid of it, it's all kinds of stupid

e: or rather, make it so you can't shoot for a short while after diving. diving itself is fine obv.
you mean dropshotting? yeah i've noticed more people doing it in this game, it's really annoying, but makes it easier to get a headshot, lol.

geordiemp

No problem with dropshotting. Sucks when you die from it, but it's a skill and worthy tactic.

Problem is the lag...

I hate it when I am shooting a guy, I die, and then the killcam shows he was drop shotting...

But he did not drop on my bloody screen ...

SKMM and players too far apart in ping values = crap implementation

Well I used to hate it, me and clan of 20 we all stopped playing because of the poor PING lobbies. Its devs fault they lost us as DLC buying customers.

Karu

Have no idea, if the patch was responsible, but played yesterday for the first time in three weeks and I killed it (on Kill Confrmed) comparatively to my previous efforts. Playing with a random KF5 I believe. Though it could also be possible this is due to me getting a much bigger screen + near perfect internet connection.

And on more thing:Missil Strike is the worst Streak isn't it? Can't hit anyone for the life of it. Swapped it out with System Hack. Figured that's a good one, since it does annoy ME a LOT.

Equipping Hard Wired fixed the constant System Hack problem, sucks I have to waste a perk slot for that just to counter System Hack but whatever.

For some strange reason I was going nuts last night, slaying everything. Either using HBRa3/Red Dot/Grip/Quick Draw or AK/Silencer/Quickdraw. Maybe I'm just getting better at moving around in the air and shooting. Went 42-9 one game, most of it gun kills since my killstreaks are usually UAV - Care Package - Missile Strike.

I only use 3 guns.

AK12/Silencer - Small maps
HBRa3/Red Dot - Medium maps
IMR/Red Dot - Medium to Large maps.

Karu

Waah since yesterday i get constant freezes between matches. Almost alwqys exactly 43 secs left. Its like the fuckin game wants to troll me... -.-r

Edit: Now it freezes after ever single game at 44 secs.

Cool.

I haven't played since DAI came out and I have no desire to do so. Is there any compelling reason to come back? If not I'll probably just sell it while I can still get $45+ for it.

I was so excited for this game, I thought it would change COD for the better. But I just burned out so quickly because of some bafflingly idiotic design choices and oversights.

aravuus

I haven't played since DAI came out and I have no desire to do so. Is there any compelling reason to come back? If not I'll probably just sell it while I can still get $45+ for it.

I was so excited for this game, I thought it would change COD for the better. But I just burned out so quickly because of some bafflingly idiotic design choices and oversights.

Well, if it was the horrible lag and unbalanced weapons that you disliked, sure, give it another try.

But since that doesn't seem to be the case, maybe just sell the game.

The lag was a constant annoyance. System hack ruined rounds. Domination was a clusterfuck on most maps (looking at you Solar). It was BAL or be killed.

Any of that fixed?

Jarrod38

Really hate the supply drops in this game. A friend just got the game last Saturday and already has the RW1 Rail Driver Elite and I've been using that weapon since day one and still haven't gotten a variant of that weapon.

EatMyFace

Banned
Problem is the lag...

I hate it when I am shooting a guy, I die, and then the killcam shows he was drop shotting...

But he did not drop on my bloody screen ...

SKMM and players too far apart in ping values = crap implementation

Well I used to hate it, me and clan of 20 we all stopped playing because of the poor PING lobbies. Its devs fault they lost us as DLC buying customers.
What platform are you playing on?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Really hate the supply drops in this game. A friend just got the game last Saturday and already has the RW1 Rail Driver Elite and I've been using that weapon since day one and still haven't gotten a variant of that weapon.

i always get elites for guns i dont use. (i.e. mk14 and lmgs). although you also get a (non-elite) variant by getting 300 kills with a gun no?

got the Magnitude for the ASM1 and I feel like its the better than the Elite versions as I'm ok with -1 for movement and -1 reload in exchange for +2 range.

aravuus

They should make the variants unlockable in some other ways too. Like doing challenges or whatever.

But what I really want is more variety in the cosmetic shit you get from the drops. They all look to same-y for me to care. We're years in the future, I wish they would have gone all the way with wacky and stupid looking armor pieces so everyone would actually look drastically different from each other and not just different shades of the same tacticool soldier.

Holy fuck shotguns are straight booty. I'm literally in someone's face ADSing and it takes 3 shots from the Tac to kill.

Shotties have a slight, but fixable range issue. If you can get your hands on a variant that boosts range, they're just fine. At least, I can confirm that the Tac and Bulldog are. I've got a Tac Roundabout that's stellar, and a Bulldog Rifled which works decent enough.

Got this game a few nights ago from Amazon's Used Like New for $30. I'm really like it a lot more than the past few years of COD. Did they make online easier or are people on ps4 just really bad? I'm normally really bad with a <.70 KDR but I'm staying around 2.00 in this game just using the AK 12.

biteren

Got this game a few nights ago from Amazon's Used Like New for $30. I'm really like it a lot more than the past few years of COD. Did they make online easier or are people on ps4 just really bad? I'm normally really bad with a <.70 KDR but I'm staying around 2.00 in this game just using the AK 12.

i dont know dude, i use to be a force to recon with, then this patch hit and now i barley get pass scrub status.

glad you adapted, but not me.

this game went from being fun to infuriating, and im trying as hard as i can to keep up.

Top Bottom