• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

How is the S12 shitty? You must not be using right or something. Ever since they gave it a proper buff it became the a close range beast.

Being on the other side of that gun is annoying. As soon as you hear it fire, you're pretty much dead. Amazing how it went from shit tier to one of the best shottys.

told ya! Exo Hover is the shit in Hardcore...nobody expects you to be sitting in the air, and they are jumping around like crack heads and you just pick them off for dog fights

People mistimed their shots when they see me hover. They expected me to fall and end up over compensating their aim lol. Good shit.

I started experimenting with an explosives class; amr9 propipe with na-45 ravager + danger close. I'm evil I know :(

How is the S12 shitty? You must not be using right or something. Ever since they gave it a proper buff it became the a close range beast.

I just feel like I end up using more bullets then I need to, then next thing you know I'm reloading (fast hands) and then I'm dead. I still feel the Tac is the best shotty for this game. I aim, fire once, that guy is dead, reload, fire once, that guy is dead and so on. It could be that is just suits my style of playing. I run and gun on 1 or 2 sensitivity in all these games. The last shotgun I liked in COD was the Model.

I just feel like I end up using more bullets then I need to, then next thing you know I'm reloading (fast hands) and then I'm dead. I still feel the Tac is the best shotty for this game. I aim, fire once, that guy is dead, reload, fire once, that guy is dead and so on. It could be that is just suits my style of playing. I run and gun on 1 or 2 sensitivity in all these games. The last shotgun I liked in COD was the Model.

Fast hands doesn't help with reloading unless you like sprinting while reloading. Gung Ho is more useful on the s12. I suggest you use the following setup:

S12 w/ extended mags grip and rifling
Lightweight
Gung ho
Scavenger and blast suppressor

Use the compliant or whirlwind variants if you have those for the extra rounds. Make sure to ADS for mid range engagements. And since you will be using scavenger, FAST RELOAD EVERY RELOAD CAN (double tap reload).

I find that the tac19 is alright, but the damn spread is too big to be consistent even when using the sledgehammer w/laser sight.

Fast hands doesn't help with reloading unless you like sprinting while reloading. Gung Ho is more useful on the s12. I suggest you use the following setup:

S12 w/ extended mags grip and rifling
Lightweight
Gung ho
Scavenger and blast suppressor

Use the compliant or whirlwind variants if you have those for the extra rounds. Make sure to ADS for mid range engagements. And since you will be using scavenger, FAST RELOAD EVERY RELOAD CAN (double tap reload).

I find that the tac19 is alright, but the damn spread is too big to be consistent even when using the sledgehammer w/laser sight.

I'm always running, so being able to reload and sprint is necessary. I don't like Gung Ho on anything... It fucks with the feel of my aim and makes the spread to wide. I mostly ADS.

Here's the Tac set up I run:

Tac-19: Upper Cut - Foregrip, Advanced Rifling, Laser Sight or Quickdraw Grip
Light weight, Low Profile, Fast Hands, Toughness, Scavanger

I just need those last double kills with the S-12, then the Carbon Fiber and Gold camo with the Bulldog before I have the Royalty Camo.

Lrrr

What are the color tiers levels? I assume Green is common, blue is rare and purple is super rare? I've gotten a few Elite things (a helmet and a few guns). Are there more?

What are the color tiers levels? I assume Green is common, blue is rare and purple is super rare? I've gotten a few Elite things (a helmet and a few guns). Are there more?

Green (enlisted) is common
Blue (professional) is uncommon
Red (elite) is rare
Purple (Legendary) is LOL

I'm always running, so being able to reload and sprint is necessary. I don't like Gung Ho on anything... It fucks with the feel of my aim and makes the spread to wide. I mostly ADS.

Here's the Tac set up I run:

Tac-19: Upper Cut - Foregrip, Advanced Rifling, Laser Sight or Quickdraw Grip
Light weight, Low Profile, Fast Hands, Toughness, Scavanger

I just need those last double kills with the S-12, then the Carbon Fiber and Gold camo with the Bulldog before I have the Royalty Camo.

If you have the sledgehammer I suggest you run the following.

Sledgehammer w/laser sight, AR, and ext mags
Lightweight
Gung ho
Blast Suppressor
Atlas 45 Flogger
Exo Overclock

You're probably thinking "why gung ho?". Because it reduces sprintout time to zero. You're probably also going to ask "but what about the huge spread penalty?" The way around that is the following:

Step 1) sprint around and jump around like you normally do

Step 2) get in range and target of an enemy

Step 3) feather the ads trigger to cancel your sprint, thus immediately reducing spread back to normal and immediately after this

Step 4) fire

Step 5) sprint again and repeat steps 2-4 as needed

It basically gets around the penalty with regards to sprinting, meaning the penalty only really applies when slide shooting, which lets be honest no one really does.

And finally "why the sledgehammer?" Because it has the tightest hipfire spread. The uppercut might work alright for this, although the reduced 2 pellet kill range makes it less ideal.

Daffy Duck

Why is this game so "off"?

I played one shot yesterday for the SD challenge and I saw a guy shoot at me and kill me whilst in the reload animation.

There is no point to the blunderbluss when the tac19 has the same 1hk range. They should buff both guns. Reduce the spread of the tac19 by 20%. Reduce the spread and reload of the Blunderbluss by 30%.

absolutely NOT
The shotguns would be more skill based if they had tighter spread FYI. I can accept the spread being big on multi shot shotguns like the bulldog and the s12. What I can't accept is a massive default spread for a pumpaction shotgun. All that does is make my 1hk shotgun less consistent and more newbie friendly.

Explain to me the point of the blunderbluss. I get what they were going for (an Olympia that fires both of its shots at once), but the olympia's reload was around 3.2 seconds not 5.5 seconds. And it currently has the same 1hk range as the tac19.

Or maybe you fall under my usual statistic of shotgun haters who just use ARs and SMGs.

Metfanant

The shotguns would be more skill based if they had tighter spread FYI. I can accept the spread being big on multi shot shotguns like the bulldog and the s12. What I can't accept is a massive default spread for a pumpaction shotgun. All that does is make my 1hk shotgun less consistent and more newbie friendly.

Explain to me the point of the blunderbluss. I get what they were going for (an Olympia that fires both of its shots at once), but the olympia's reload was around 3.2 seconds not 5.5 seconds. And it currently has the same 1hk range as the tac19.

Or maybe you fall under my usual statistic of shotgun haters who just use ARs and SMGs.

I actually misread your post regarding reducing the spread on the shotties...

Personally I just don't think the blunderbuss has a point being in the game...as someone that would prefer the performance of guns be based somewhat in reality, there is a reason its been replaced by more modern firearms...

It's in the game purely for "cool" factor...and to me that is just dumb...artificially buffing a gun to make it competitive just says to me the gun should never have been included (outside of special modes) in the first place...

It would be like including Musket from the 1770's and wanting them to reduce reload time so that its competitive with an MK14...basically asinine...

As for hating shotguns...I raise my hand proudly...I've never played a CoD game where I feel shotguns are balanced anywhere near properly, to the point where I'd rather they just not be there...that might have to do with the fact that my friends and I pretty much exclusively play Hardcore modes...

Though I'd rather properly address quick scoping and abusing of Sniper rifles, but that's a whole different story

I actually misread your post regarding reducing the spread on the shotties...

Personally I just don't think the blunderbuss has a point being in the game...as someone that would prefer the performance of guns be based somewhat in reality, there is a reason its been replaced by more modern firearms...
If you are looking for realistic shooters why the hell are you playing cod?

[quite]It's in the game purely for "cool" factor...and to me that is just dumb...artificially buffing a gun to make it competitive just says to me the gun should never have been included (outside of special modes) in the first place...[/quote]
First off, it's in the game to take the equivalent of the Olympia from BO1, which is why its reload should be closer to that of the Olympia. Second...

It would be like including Musket from the 1770's and wanting them to reduce reload time so that its competitive with an MK14...basically asinine...
Or it would be like including modern weapons like the mk14 and wanting them competitive against an EM1 laser....oh wait...
As for hating shotguns...I raise my hand proudly...I've never played a CoD game where I feel shotguns are balanced anywhere near properly, to the point where I'd rather they just not be there...that might have to do with the fact that my friends and I pretty much exclusively play Hardcore modes...

Though I'd rather properly address quick scoping and abusing of Sniper rifles, but that's a whole different story

Translation: "I'm a AR/SMG user that hates variety and wants snipers and shotguns to be useless like they were in BO1."

Let's be real. You never use shotguns so you have no idea how they feel to be used. So let me explain what it is like to use a shotgun:
- you have to aim most of the time with unreliable hipfire aiming in order to beat opponents in ttk
- you constantly find yourself in engagements where you can't even hit the enemy, let alone kill them
- you constantly find that even though your gun is supposed to beat enemies at close range you don't beat low ttk smgs
- ammo is a constant issue compared to ARs and SMGs
- being TOO CLOSE is a problem because then the enemy can just panic knife/punch completely negating your close range advantage

All of these problems and the only advantage is better ttk at close range and the ability to 1hk at super close range (but not too close or it doesn't matter due to punching/knifing).

Meanwhile snipers have a thing called quickscoping and suddenly all the AR/SMG users once again complain. And why should a HC player like you care when your weapons are 1-2 hit kills anyway? I would hope that a sniper could quickscope or else it's fucking useless in HC.

Metfanant

all i said was i would prefer the guns perform in a way that is somewhat based in reality...

First off, it's in the game to take the equivalent of the Olympia from BO1, which is why its reload should be closer to that of the Olympia. Second...
its reload should be close to how long it takes you to muzzle load a blunderbuss in real life...if that makes it uncompetetive, then so be it...dont use the gun...like i said...it shouldnt be there to begin with...

Or it would be like including modern weapons like the mk14 and wanting them competitive against an EM1 laser....oh wait...
from a distance? sure, why not?

Translation: "I'm a AR/SMG user that hates variety and wants snipers and shotguns to be useless like they were in BO1."
AR's only for the record...i dont want shotguns/snipers to be useless...i want them to perform accurately...

there is a reason that military units dont run around the battlefield with nothing but shotguns and snipers...

Let's be real. You never use shotguns so you have no idea how they feel to be used. So let me explain what it is like to use a shotgun:
no, but i know what its like to have them used against me...

- you have to aim most of the time with unreliable hipfire aiming in order to beat opponents in ttk
- you constantly find yourself in engagements where you can't even hit the enemy, let alone kill them
- you constantly find that even though your gun is supposed to beat enemies at close range you don't beat low ttk smgs
- being TOO CLOSE is a problem because then the enemy can just panic knife/punch completely negating your close range advantage
- rubbish, particularly in HC...guys just sprint around with gung ho and hipfiring all the time
- again rubbish from my experience...ive been killed from across the room plenty of times by the tac-19 to know
- scavenger
- that is a problem for everyone

All of these problems and the only advantage is better ttk at close range and the ability to 1hk at super close range (but not too close or it doesn't matter due to punching/knifing).
those ARE the advantages of shotguns lol...stopping power at close range...you don't have to use them...

Meanwhile snipers have a thing called quickscoping and suddenly all the AR/SMG users once again complain. And why should a HC player like you care when your weapons are 1-2 hit kills anyway? I would hope that a sniper could quickscope or else it's fucking useless in HC.

again, snipers should act like a sniper rifle...running around like a coke fiend winning close range battles with a sniper rifle is obnoxious...especially when it comes as a result of exploiting a flaw in the game...

snipers are not useless, but should be used as intended...picking off enemies from long distance...if the maps are not designed to allow for this (and AW's maps are too small and cluttered i agree), then the problem is not weapon balance...but instead map and game design...

and once again, nobody is forced to use a particular weapon...if you choose to use them, then you deal with their advantages and disadvantages...by buffing/nerfing guns just to make them competitive youre defeating the purpose of their differences...might as just give everyone the pre-patch Bal and call it a day...

all i said was i would prefer the guns perform in a way that is somewhat based in reality...
And the somewhat based on reality part is that the blunderbluss is a close range weapon.

its reload should be close to how long it takes you to muzzle load a blunderbuss in real life...if that makes it uncompetetive, then so be it...dont use the gun...like i said...it shouldnt be there to begin with...
If they put a gun in the game they should balance it properly. That is how CoD is supposed to work.

from a distance? sure, why not?
Should the stg44 deal less damage than bal27 since its a ww2 AR?

AR's only for the record...i dont want shotguns/snipers to be useless...i want them to perform accurately..
Accurately would mean that the shotgun should kill much further than it does and the sniper can 1hk anywhere.

there is a reason that military units dont run around the battlefield with nothing but shotguns and snipers...

Most of this game is close to mid range, so if it were realistic then shotguns would be the go to weapon.

no, but i know what its like to have them used against me...
Which is why you assume they are OP. You haven't actually used them yourself to see what it's like to try them.

- rubbish, particularly in HC...guys just sprint around with gung ho and hipfiring all the time
Gung Ho increases spread though, thus reducing accuracy.

- again rubbish from my experience...ive been killed from across the room plenty of times by the tac-19 to know
That's because in HC the Tac19 is a 1 pellet kill at its furthest range. With advanced rifling it can hit someone up to 812 units. For comparison though the ak12 bleeder is a 1hk up to 1600 units and the ARX is a 1hk up to 2000 units. The bal for comparison is a 1hk up to 1200 units and the hbr is a 1hk up to 2000 units. So unless you are using a really weak AR, you should have the range advantage over the tac19. But yes, in HC, when the pellets do hit, it's automatically a kill. I would hope that my pump action shotgun is a 1hk though all things considered.

- scavenger
I'm not talking about overall ammo. I'm talking about the constant need to reload. Particularly with the s12 and bulldog.

- that is a problem for everyone
But for other guns it's different because you aren't necessarily trying to get close to your opponent. With shotguns you are constantly trying to get close range to your enemies (which btw takes a particular skillset I like to call "footwork". Said skillset can also be useful when you have the ball in uplink), so when you get close only to have that advantage negated by a panic punch/knife, it's extra frustrating for a shotgunner.

those ARE the advantages of shotguns lol...stopping power at close range...you don't have to use them...
First off, the only games where it has been "stopping power at close range" are advanced warfare and BO2.

Second, said "stopping power" range (the higher damage range) has always been something like 300 units or less. Which in game translates to barely anything.

Third, I use shotguns and LMGs because If I wanted to use the same fucking guns as everyone else I'd go play halo.

again, snipers should act like a sniper rifle...running around like a coke fiend winning close range battles with a sniper rifle is obnoxious...especially when it comes as a result of exploiting a flaw in the game...
But here's the thing, you factually can't take out quickscoping without making the snipers unusable. People complain about quickscoping in AW. The only game known to not have QS was BO1 and the snipers sucked in that game.

snipers are not useless, but should be used as intended...picking off enemies from long distance...if the maps are not designed to allow for this (and AW's maps are too small and cluttered i agree), then the problem is not weapon balance...but instead map and game design...
But this is CoD. If a gun is only good as a support role, then what you are saying is that it essentially is useless.

and once again, nobody is forced to use a particular weapon...if you choose to use them, then you deal with their advantages and disadvantages...by buffing/nerfing guns just to make them competitive youre defeating the purpose of their differences...might as just give everyone the pre-patch Bal and call it a day...
The problem with the prepatch bal was that every other gun sucked in comparison at the time. Also, what would be the point of using a support sniper when I'm sure someone with an AR or LMG could probably do the same thing?

Metfanant

And the somewhat based on reality part is that the blunderbluss is a close range weapon.
and an astronomically long reload time! this is not something you can do running around!

https://youtu.be/GCs2RIyeUwc

If they put a gun in the game they should balance it properly. That is how CoD is supposed to work.
my argument would be that it shouldn't be in the game at all, other than for maybe special game modes where you only use weapons of that type...

Should the stg44 deal less damage than bal27 since its a ww2 AR?
of course not, because damage would have more to do with muzzle velocity and the calibre of the bullet...other areas like accuracy, or mobility could suffer because of its age, but not damage...

Accurately would mean that the shotgun should kill much further than it does and the sniper can 1hk anywhere.
i disagree

Most of this game is close to mid range, so if it were realistic then shotguns would be the go to weapon.
disagree again wholeheartedly...

Which is why you assume they are OP. You haven't actually used them yourself to see what it's like to try them.
again, like I've said...ive been killed from across wide open spaces by tac-19's way too much to even begin...

Gung Ho increases spread though, thus reducing accuracy.
as it should...

That's because in HC the Tac19 is a 1 pellet kill at its furthest range. With advanced rifling it can hit someone up to 812 units. For comparison though the ak12 bleeder is a 1hk up to 1600 units and the ARX is a 1hk up to 2000 units. The bal for comparison is a 1hk up to 1200 units and the hbr is a 1hk up to 2000 units. So unless you are using a really weak AR, you should have the range advantage over the tac19. But yes, in HC, when the pellets do hit, it's automatically a kill. I would hope that my pump action shotgun is a 1hk though all things considered.
yes, and a lot of it may come down to netcode and lag, but shotguns never seem right to me

I'm not talking about overall ammo. I'm talking about the constant need to reload. Particularly with the s12 and bulldog.
but now you're just asking for what? all shotguns to come with hundred round drum magazines?

But for other guns it's different because you aren't necessarily trying to get close to your opponent. With shotguns you are constantly trying to get close range to your enemies (which btw takes a particular skillset I like to call "footwork". Said skillset can also be useful when you have the ball in uplink), so when you get close only to have that advantage negated by a panic punch/knife, it's extra frustrating for a shotgunner.
with the speed at which you can get around, the size of the maps, and the FUBAR spawn system, its a problem for everyone

First off, the only games where it has been "stopping power at close range" are advanced warfare and BO2.

Second, said "stopping power" range (the higher damage range) has always been something like 300 units or less. Which in game translates to barely anything.
i can't really agree with that

Third, I use shotguns and LMGs because If I wanted to use the same fucking guns as everyone else I'd go play halo.
thats fair, but just because you want to use different guns, doesn't mean they should be artificially buffed to do things they wouldn't normally be capable of...

But here's the thing, you factually can't take out quickscoping without making the snipers unusable. People complain about quickscoping in AW. The only game known to not have QS was BO1 and the snipers sucked in that game.
sure you can...you make the gun fire completely errant shots until the scope is up to the eye...something a long those lines...it forces you to use the sniper rifle, how you would actually use a sniper rifle...

But this is CoD. If a gun is only good as a support role, then what you are saying is that it essentially is useless.
if the game mode doesn't merit the use of a "support role" weapon then so be it...dont use the gun...

The problem with the prepatch bal was that every other gun sucked in comparison at the time. Also, what would be the point of using a support sniper when I'm sure someone with an AR or LMG could probably do the same thing?
exactly...dont use em...

and an astronomically long reload time! this is not something you can do running around!

https://youtu.be/GCs2RIyeUwc
Yes because a game that has stuff like reloading while sprinting is definitely thinking of realism.

my argument would be that it shouldn't be in the game at all, other than for maybe special game modes where you only use weapons of that type...
Which in truth is completely arbitrary considering that the stg44 and SVO are also "throwback" weapons.

of course not, because damage would have more to do with muzzle velocity and the calibre of the bullet...other areas like accuracy, or mobility could suffer because of its age, but not damage...
So the gun should make you move at LMG speed is what you are saying? Why mobility and not handling?

i disagree

disagree again wholeheartedly...
You don't get it. If things were realistic then snipers would kill from the explosion they cause and shotguns would have kill ranges of at least 100ft. That's factually how they work in real life.

again, like I've said...ive been killed from across wide open spaces by tac-19's way too much to even begin...
Well first off that's cause you're playing hardcore. And second so what? An AR has a much further 1hk range anyway and and many smgs can match the tacs 1hk range at a much faster firerate.

as it should...
I'm not saying it shouldn't I'm saying thay if someone is using gung ho to shoot while sprinting, then they are getting a penalty that makes them less likely to kill you so if you get killed by someone using gung ho with a shotgun you have no right to complain because they are dealing with a giant hipfire spread.

yes, and a lot of it may come down to netcode and lag, but shotguns never seem right to me
Tell you what. You go try using shotguns in both core and HC for 10 games each then tell me how OP they are.

but now you're just asking for what? all shotguns to come with hundred round drum magazines?
I'm just asking for people to stop pretending that shotguns are OP when they aren't.

with the speed at which you can get around, the size of the maps, and the FUBAR spawn system, its a problem for everyone
But again. Panic knifing is particularly a problem for close range weapons. An AK12 user isn't going to have as much of a problem with panic knifing as an S12 user.

i can't really agree with that
That's factually the ranges, without advanced rifling or long barrel, that the shotguns do their high damage at in BO2 and AW.

In MW3 the pump action shotguns were so low damage that you needed the damage proficiency in order to have the shotguns do the same damage that they did in CoD4 w/o stopping power at close range. The striker was fine though, though again, it had the same non stopping power damage as in Mw2.

In Black Ops 1 the stakeout was the exact same damage as the Cod4 shotgun w/o stopping power.

The WaW trenchgun needed stopping power in order to have the same damage as the CoD4 shotgun.

thats fair, but just because you want to use different guns, doesn't mean they should be artificially buffed to do things they wouldn't normally be capable of...

This is a game that has a perk system that already artificially boosts your capabilities. What's the big jump from there?

sure you can...you make the gun fire completely errant shots until the scope is up to the eye...something a long those lines...it forces you to use the sniper rifle, how you would actually use a sniper rifle...
You just showed in one sentence that you somehow think the hipfire box tightening actually affects quickscoping, which it doesn't. All your idea would theoretically do is remove "black scoping" but quickscoping would still work as players would relearn the exact moment that the game counts the sniper as aiming down sights.

if the game mode doesn't merit the use of a "support role" weapon then so be it...dont use the gun...

exactly...dont use em...
When I say it doesn't make sense to make a gun a support role only and that snipers would be useless in that role because one could just use an AR or LMG, I don't just mean from my perspective but from a statistical point of view. You would basically have the Bo1 situation again where snipers are useless and everyone is just using ARs instead.

Metfanant

Yes because a game that has stuff like reloading while sprinting is definitely thinking of realism.
stuffing home a mag while sprinting is perfectly doable...reloading a muzzle loading "shotgun" like a blunderbuss quick enough to make it competetive with ANY of the other weapons present in AW? not even close

Which in truth is completely arbitrary considering that the stg44 and SVO are also "throwback" weapons.
completely different scenarios...there are no fundamental operational differences between the STG44 and its AR counterparts...as well as the SVO with its sniper counterparts...the Blunderbuss is a muzzle loader with a flint lock...its fundamentally flawed in comarison to everything else in the game...

So the gun should make you move at LMG speed is what you are saying? Why mobility and not handling?

youre playing games and trolling at this point...where did i even SUGGEST that it should make you move at LMG speeds?..Sure you could drop handling instead of mobility (or both) based on the idea that as a WW2 era weapon its probably heavier than its "modern" counterparts in the game (HBRa3, Bal, etc...)

in reality the STG44 weighs about half of an M249 SAW (LMG), the same as a Mk14...and it weighs about 2lbs more than an M27 IAR and about 2.5lbs more than an M4 Carbine...and id expect guns like the HBRa3 or the Bal to fall in line with the M27 or M4 as far as size is concerned...so the STG44 would be on the heavy (weight) end of the ARs with the Mk14...but nowhere near the weight of an LMG...so yeah, handling and mobility would suffer...but not like an LMG

You don't get it. If things were realistic then snipers would kill from the explosion they cause and shotguns would have kill ranges of at least 100ft. That's factually how they work in real life.
you firing explosive rounds from your sniper rifles?...as for the shotguns...yeah, a modern military semi-auto shotgun fire SLUGS (not shot) is probably effective out to 150+ft...but not springing around hip firing that bad boy...

Well first off that's cause you're playing hardcore. And second so what? An AR has a much further 1hk range anyway and and many smgs can match the tacs 1hk range at a much faster firerate.

I'm not saying it shouldn't I'm saying thay if someone is using gung ho to shoot while sprinting, then they are getting a penalty that makes them less likely to kill you so if you get killed by someone using gung ho with a shotgun you have no right to complain because they are dealing with a giant hipfire spread.
play some HC and tell me about that "giant" hipfire spread lol

Tell you what. You go try using shotguns in both core and HC for 10 games each then tell me how OP they are.
i despise shotguns, and they are the complete opposite of my play style...i wont even touch the ASM Speakeasy because it doesnt fit my style of play and i suck with it...

I'm just asking for people to stop pretending that shotguns are OP when they aren't.
they really are lol

But again. Panic knifing is particularly a problem for close range weapons. An AK12 user isn't going to have as much of a problem with panic knifing as an S12 user..
again, draw back of using the shotgun in the first place..reality..you wanna argue the melee is overpower to begin with? ill back you up on that...

That's factually the ranges, without advanced rifling or long barrel, that the shotguns do their high damage at in BO2 and AW.

In MW3 the pump action shotguns were so low damage that you needed the damage proficiency in order to have the shotguns do the same damage that they did in CoD4 w/o stopping power at close range. The striker was fine though, though again, it had the same non stopping power damage as in Mw2.

In Black Ops 1 the stakeout was the exact same damage as the Cod4 shotgun w/o stopping power.

The WaW trenchgun needed stopping power in order to have the same damage as the CoD4 shotgun.

you can throw all the facts you want out...in practice they behave a certain way

This is a game that has a perk system that already artificially boosts your capabilities. What's the big jump from there?
guns have inherent traits based on their design...changing them just to change them makes no sense..

You just showed in one sentence that you somehow think the hipfire box tightening actually affects quickscoping, which it doesn't. All your idea would theoretically do is remove "black scoping" but quickscoping would still work as players would relearn the exact moment that the game counts the sniper as aiming down sights.

you want to play semantics and talk about "black scoping" vs "quick scoping" fine...but its easy...so you completely remove any and all aim assist until the scope is up to the shooters eye, and you exponentially increase the time needed for the gun to be considered ADS

When I say it doesn't make sense to make a gun a support role only and that snipers would be useless in that role because one could just use an AR or LMG, I don't just mean from my perspective but from a statistical point of view. You would basically have the Bo1 situation again where snipers are useless and everyone is just using ARs instead.

and based on the size of the maps in most CoD games everyone WOULD/SHOULD be using ARs instead

stuffing home a mag while sprinting is perfectly doable...reloading a muzzle loading "shotgun" like a blunderbuss quick enough to make it competetive with ANY of the other weapons present in AW? not even close
3.5 seconds would be doable just look at what they did with speeding up the crossbow reload. Oh sorry I guess that was too unrealistic for you for them to speed up the reload of the crossbow.

completely different scenarios...there are no fundamental operational differences between the STG44 and its AR counterparts...as well as the SVO with its sniper counterparts...the Blunderbuss is a muzzle loader with a flint lock...its fundamentally flawed in comarison to everything else in the game...
This is a game where people are running around in clown suits and deep diver gear. Like who cares about realism in CoD AW.

youre playing games and trolling at this point...where did i even SUGGEST that it should make you move at LMG speeds?..Sure you could drop handling instead of mobility (or both) based on the idea that as a WW2 era weapon its probably heavier than its "modern" counterparts in the game (HBRa3, Bal, etc...)

in reality the STG44 weighs about half of an M249 SAW (LMG), the same as a Mk14...and it weighs about 2lbs more than an M27 IAR and about 2.5lbs more than an M4 Carbine...and id expect guns like the HBRa3 or the Bal to fall in line with the M27 or M4 as far as size is concerned...so the STG44 would be on the heavy (weight) end of the ARs with the Mk14...but nowhere near the weight of an LMG...so yeah, handling and mobility would suffer...but not like an LMG
So they should make the gun move at 89.8% (2% movement speed reduction) and have 10% wider hipfire spread?

you firing explosive rounds from your sniper rifles?...as for the shotguns...yeah, a modern military semi-auto shotgun fire SLUGS (not shot) is probably effective out to 150+ft...but not springing around hip firing that bad boy...
I wasn't talking about explosive sniper rounds I was talking about the sheer force of a sniper round going through someone's body. As for shotguns even buckshot would have much further lethal range than the ingame 10m. It would probably be something like it is in HC in terms of lethal range.

play some HC and tell me about that "giant" hipfire spread lol
I have played HC numerous times. I'm more annoyed by noob tubes than anything else. But as for shotguns, doesn't bother me when my propipe has a further 1hk range.

i despise shotguns, and they are the complete opposite of my play style...i wont even touch the ASM Speakeasy because it doesnt fit my style of play and i suck with it...
Ah. The "they aren't my playstyle so no I refuse to take up your challenge" Defense. I'm used to players in game responding with "I don't use shotguns cuz their gay" but you've managed to go one step above them with the "they aren't my playstyle" defense.

Tell me, by admitting that they aren't your playstyle, are you admitting that shotguns require their own unique skillset and thus aren't just some overpowered class.

And of course you won't do well with the speakeasy mr HC. The speakeasy sucks in HC.

they really are lol
No what you've established is that you suck against them yet can't prove to me that you can do well with them.

again, draw back of using the shotgun in the first place..reality..you wanna argue the melee is overpower to begin with? ill back you up on that...
So now we ARE in agreement that panic knifing falls under one of the downsides of using a shotgun.

you can throw all the facts you want out...in practice they behave a certain way
Except they didn't and don't or only do to a certain range. But what would you know you play HC guns function differently in HC.

Or are you really going to try and tell me that the cod4 shotgun and trenchgun from WaW were usable. Those two useless pieces of shit.

guns have inherent traits based on their design...changing them just to change them makes no sense..
It's not changing them just to change them itMs changing them to rebalance them.

you want to play semantics and talk about "black scoping" vs "quick scoping" fine...but its easy...so you completely remove any and all aim assist until the scope is up to the shooters eye,
Already done. In fact snipers didn't even have aim assist at all in ghosts and won't have it all in BO3.

and you exponentially increase the time needed for the gun to be considered ADS
And here's where things get iffy. because first off you didn't give a number. So I'm going to take this to its conclusion:

Me: even at .45 seconds people would still learn to quickscope

You: make it 1 second then

Me: So how would a regular sniper expect to keep watch of a decently sized area since he or she will be forced to have tunnel vision on one small area

You: that's how snipers should work

Me: then why would ANYONE use a sniper if they could ADS faster, have more forgiving ttk, and have peripherals clear by using an AR

and based on the size of the maps in most CoD games everyone WOULD/SHOULD be using ARs instead
See now we have reached the conclusion I knew we would always reach. You AR and SMG users are literally all the same in that you HATE potential variety in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if BO1 in all it's shitty variety lacking glory was your favorite CoD.

Shotguns? OP FUCK THAT SHIT I HATE IT
Snipers? GET THAT QUICKSCOPING BULLSHIT OUT OF MY GAME
LMGs? OMG WHY ARE THESE GUNS BEATING MY AR AT LONG RANGE SO OP

But of course when the ARs and SMGs have OP guns as they always do? Meh

Metfanant

3.5 seconds would be doable just look at what they did with speeding up the crossbow reload. Oh sorry I guess that was too unrealistic for you for them to speed up the reload of the crossbow.
no, its not "doable" its a muzzle loading shotgun that fires giant lead balls...

This is a game where people are running around in clown suits and deep diver gear. Like who cares about realism in CoD AW.
id still prefer the guns act based on their designs...

So they should make the gun move at 89.8% (2% movement speed reduction) and have 10% wider hipfire spread?
who knows what the exact numbers are? whats your point here?

I wasn't talking about explosive sniper rounds I was talking about the sheer force of a sniper round going through someone's body. As for shotguns even buckshot would have much further lethal range than the ingame 10m. It would probably be something like it is in HC in terms of lethal range.

of course the sniper round going THROUGH someone will kill them..whats your point? that was never argued...

I have played HC numerous times. I'm more annoyed by noob tubes than anything else. But as for shotguns, doesn't bother me when my propipe has a further 1hk range.
i can agree with you that noob tubes are a bigger problem then shotguns

Ah. The "they aren't my playstyle so no I refuse to take up your challenge" Defense. I'm used to players in game responding with "I don't use shotguns cuz their gay" but you've managed to go one step above them with the "they aren't my playstyle" defense.
i play very slow, methodical and try to keep my enemies at a distance as much as possible...just the way i play...it goes completely against the way ive ever played any CoD game to actually try and get close to my opponent...

Tell me, by admitting that they aren't your playstyle, are you admitting that shotguns require their own unique skillset and thus aren't just some overpowered class.

from they way people use them in HC, these are your options with shotguns...run around like you are a complete coke head...or camp around a corner waiting for someone to run by...neither is the way i like to play..they are both perfectly viable strategies, but not how i play...

And of course you won't do well with the speakeasy mr HC. The speakeasy sucks in HC.
shows how much HC you play :::yikes:::

No what you've established is that you suck against them yet can't prove to me that you can do well with them.
i never said i have a problem killing people with shotguns..as ive explained the way i play its quite easy to kill them before they get near me...i still think they are OP though

So now we ARE in agreement that panic knifing falls under one of the downsides of using a shotgun.
when did i ever say it wasnt? of course panic knifing is an issue whenever your up close to an opponent

Except they didn't and don't or only do to a certain range. But what would you know you play HC guns function differently in HC.
and you DONT play HC...so whats your point again?

Or are you really going to try and tell me that the cod4 shotgun and trenchgun from WaW were usable. Those two useless pieces of shit.
this isnt CoD4 or W@W

It's not changing them just to change them itMs changing them to rebalance them.
and my point is, if you have to rebalance a weapon so much that you change the way it fundamentally operates, then it either shouldnt be in the game at all...or limited to special game modes...

Already done. In fact snipers didn't even have aim assist at all in ghosts and won't have it all in BO3.
ive seen enough of Blops3 to still be worried...

And here's where things get iffy. because first off you didn't give a number. So I'm going to take this to its conclusion:

Me: even at .45 seconds people would still learn to quickscope

You: make it 1 second then

it would at least help

Me: So how would a regular sniper expect to keep watch of a decently sized area since he or she will be forced to have tunnel vision on one small area

You: that's how snipers should work

Me: then why would ANYONE use a sniper if they could ADS faster, have more forgiving ttk, and have peripherals clear by using an AR.

and that is my point exactly...the guns should at least function in the way they are designed...if the maps dont dictate the use of a sniper rifle (the way its supposed to) then you dont use one...use an MK14 or something like that...

if the map is massive and you can keep an eye on large areas, while keeping yourself clear of danger...then by all means snipe away...i DESPISE the level design in most of AW's maps...they are too small for the movement speed provided by the exo's...and the spawning system is completely FUBAR...

so i agree that it sucks to be someone that LIKES snipers...but i do not think that the guns should be allowed to do things they are not generally capable of, just so that they can be used...because when you "balance" them that way...you make them better in areas they are supposed to suck in, and they still keep their long range 1hk advantage...

See now we have reached the conclusion I knew we would always reach. You AR and SMG users are literally all the same in that you HATE potential variety in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if BO1 in all it's shitty variety lacking glory was your favorite CoD.
i dont hate variety, but i dont like guns that function fundamentally different then they should...

Blops 2 was my favorite of the CoD multiplayers last gen btw

Shotguns? OP FUCK THAT SHIT I HATE IT
Snipers? GET THAT QUICKSCOPING BULLSHIT OUT OF MY GAME
LMGs? OMG WHY ARE THESE GUNS BEATING MY AR AT LONG RANGE SO OP

Snipers should not be able to quickscope...period

and do you really think an LMG should be able to fire full auto without a hint of recoil? looking at you Pytaek?

But of course when the ARs and SMGs have OP guns as they always do? Meh
not true at all

Nvzman

This is absolutely correct
Who gives a fucking shit about "realism" in a game where you have a freaking thruster than can propel you 30 ft into the air. Besides, if the game was being realistic shotguns would actually be good.
If a gun is going to be in the damn game, make it viable. I am sick of playing with AR/SMG/LMG people and have them bitch about shotguns in this game even though most of them suck hard. Just because a gun is a one shot (inconsistently) doesn't mean it's cheap. This is why BO2 was the best COD. Every weapon was viable and usable against public players, so haters be damned.

all this discussion about shotguns inspired me to try them out.

i started using the S12 whirlwind and it's actually a lot of fun. imo it beats out a bunch of guns at close range. i've gotten some people at mid range too.

personally, COD was never about realism.

Daffy Duck

As I have given up caring about this game I started to mess about with the Bulldog Face Hammer, and oh boy, that thing wrecks people, I had some guy rage at me in German when I gave him a face full of lead.

Excellent for clearing the hard points, can't wait to unlock extended mags and advanced rifling.

no, its not "doable" its a muzzle loading shotgun that fires giant lead balls...
They did it with the crossbow a gun that's infamous for having a slow reload.

id still prefer the guns act based on their designs...

who knows what the exact numbers are? whats your point here?
My point is that it is stupid to try and balance the guns for realism. A better example I can find is the M1 irons. The gun has next to no recoil even though you hold it with one hand. They did this to balance the gun not for realism, but for gameplay balance so the gun would be useful.

of course the sniper round going THROUGH someone will kill them..whats your point? that was never argued...
The game doesn't go for realism which is why snipers aren't 1hks everywhere.

i can agree with you that noob tubes are a bigger problem then shotguns
Noob tubes in HC are definitely a much more real problem than shotguns and sniper in general. They have no counter in HC because flak jacket wasn't given a specifically strong multi for HC like it was in BO2.

i play very slow, methodical and try to keep my enemies at a distance as much as possible...just the way i play...it goes completely against the way ive ever played any CoD game to actually try and get close to my opponent...
Sounds to me like you are play a style that would be meant for snipers. Funny that you find ARs more useful. Though to be fair, you are playing HC, which is less sniper friendly.

from they way people use them in HC, these are your options with shotguns...run around like you are a complete coke head...or camp around a corner waiting for someone to run by...neither is the way i like to play..they are both perfectly viable strategies, but not how i play...
First off, camping in a corner is a strategy for literally any gun. Second, yes someone with a more close range weapon is going to be more mobile. But again, if you are saying that you don't have the skillset for mobile play, then you are admitting it takes skill to use.

shows how much HC you play :::yikes:::
Compared to most SMGs it is bad in HC though. It's only advantage is an increased RoF after the first 8 rounds.

i never said i have a problem killing people with shotguns..as ive explained the way i play its quite easy to kill them before they get near me...i still think they are OP though
So what, shotguns are supposed to never kill you? If you have no trouble dealing with them, then clearly they aren't OP. Noob tubes in HC. Now that's OP. Bal Obsidian Steed in Core is OP. Insanity is OP. Pytaek Loophole is OP. SVO iron sights is OP. And I can statistically explain what makes each of those guns OP. But shotguns? Hard to make the statistical case for guns whose effective advantage range is 400units (10meters).

when did i ever say it wasnt? of course panic knifing is an issue whenever your up close to an opponent
You argued that my panic knifing downside for shotguns didn't apply because panic knifing applies to everyone. I explained how it is more of a problem for close range weapons.

and you DONT play HC...so whats your point again?
That you have a skewed idea of what's OP and not OP based on a gametype that the game isn't even designed around for the most part.

this isnt CoD4 or W@W
But again, the range at which shotguns get "stopping power" is 300units or less. Or to put in comparitive terms, less than the AMR9s 3hk range and about half the 3hk range of the ASM1.

and my point is, if you have to rebalance a weapon so much that you change the way it fundamentally operates, then it either shouldnt be in the game at all...or limited to special game modes...
Cutting the reload by 2 seconds won't fundamentally change the way it operates. It'll still be a "shoot one guy, reload for a while, shoot another guy, etc." gun.

ive seen enough of Blops3 to still be worried...
Any quickscoping you are seeing in BO3 is done without aim assist and thus much more skillful.

it would at least help
You would still see the same complaints from the same people about quickscoping. Only this time there would also be a huge movement to buff the snipers.

and that is my point exactly...the guns should at least function in the way they are designed...if the maps dont dictate the use of a sniper rifle (the way its supposed to) then you dont use one...use an MK14 or something like that...
Except you yourself have a playstyle have a playstyle that would be sniper friendly yet find the snipers useless. Think about that.

if the map is massive and you can keep an eye on large areas, while keeping yourself clear of danger...then by all means snipe away...i DESPISE the level design in most of AW's maps...they are too small for the movement speed provided by the exo's...and the spawning system is completely FUBAR...

so i agree that it sucks to be someone that LIKES snipers...but i do not think that the guns should be allowed to do things they are not generally capable of, just so that they can be used...because when you "balance" them that way...you make them better in areas they are supposed to suck in, and they still keep their long range 1hk advantage...

Cod ghosts tried larger maps and everyone hated them. medium sized maps are here to stay, so there are 3 options:
- make snipers viable in midrange
- make the maps have more open areas
- neither and let snipers go unused

i dont hate variety, but i dont like guns that function fundamentally different then they should...

Blops 2 was my favorite of the CoD multiplayers last gen btw
Blops 2 is considered by many to be the best cod in years. The main reason for this is because it is exactly what Bo1 wasn't: Full of Viable Variety. The shotguns were all viable. The snipers were useful. The LMGs had a purpose. Secondaries were worthy. Only huge problem was bad perk balance. But that basically puts in the same boat as CoD4.

Snipers should not be able to quickscope...period
But we already have determined that you can't remove quickscoping without ruining snipers for everyone including regular snipers.

and do you really think an LMG should be able to fire full auto without a hint of recoil? looking at you Pytaek?
That one only has zero recoil after the first 12 rounds. before that the first 12 rounds have more recoil than other LMGs. I do however think they went a little overboard with the Pytaek buff and need to fix the handling on the loophole.

not true at all
The only time people have banned an AR/SMG from e sports that I can recall was the FAL from BO2.

keezy

Switched back to primarily using the Speakeasy after using the BAL Inferno. Having a lot more fun running around and melting people with an SMG then playing back a bit (not camping) and trying to pick shots. Definitely hope I can find a SMG in BLOPS 3.

Daffy Duck

they're worried everyone will abandon ship now after the BO3 beta, and with the impending release of the BO3 beta on xbox I bet they are worried palyer numbers will drop after it ends.

Metfanant

Heads up. Sledgehammer stealth buffed the drop rates for Supply Drops so you'll earn one every full game now.

It's def not EVERY full game like it was the other day...but its much more frequent

If you have to choose one DLC pack, which one would you go with?

Having one of the DLC packs probably really will limit the number of games you can get into no?...I would imagine that most people either have all or none...

Metfanant

How is the M16 compared to the ARX-160?...ive read the description that it has more damage but longer time between bursts...but how does it play out in game?...im mainly a HC TDM player for the record...

also, anyone know when the new weapons hit the PS4?

PetrolInMyVeins

Neo Member
Hello guys, wanted to know your thoughts on this.. kind of bugs me.

When a new weapon is released, it appears in the 'Create a Class' section, but is locked.

Now you can get these weapons from random supply drops given during play or buying Advanced Supply Drops which are a gamble (and a half).

What bugs me is that when you click on the locked weapon it says "Would you like to go to the Store to see this item?" - to me it implies you will be directed to where you can actually make a guaranteed purchase of the item, but it just takes you to the Advanced Supply drops page with no clear mention of it being a gamble for rather than a direct purchase of the item you were directed for.

Fair?

Hope it makes sense, can feel the rambling at 3am. Anyway look forward to your thoughts.

I just picked this up second hand, am I going to be locked out of most of the mp if I don't buy any of the dlc? I'm not planning to any time soon.

Metfanant

Hello guys, wanted to know your thoughts on this.. kind of bugs me.

When a new weapon is released, it appears in the 'Create a Class' section, but is locked.

Now you can get these weapons from random supply drops given during play or buying Advanced Supply Drops which are a gamble (and a half).

What bugs me is that when you click on the locked weapon it says "Would you like to go to the Store to see this item?" - to me it implies you will be directed to where you can actually make a guaranteed purchase of the item, but it just takes you to the Advanced Supply drops page with no clear mention of it being a gamble for rather than a direct purchase of the item you were directed for.

Fair?

Hope it makes sense, can feel the rambling at 3am. Anyway look forward to your thoughts.

What you're saying makes sense...what SHG is doing doesn't...it wasn't always locked..back when the first waves of "new" weapons started getting released you got the stock variant, and had to unlock the rest through supply drops...now they are doing nothing more than trying to bait you into buying advanced supply drops to get the new weapons which is pretty damn sad...

Also, as a primarily hardcore tdm player its annoying that it takes them all the way till the NEXT map pack is released to throw the new maps into the HC TDM playlist...it almost guarantees that I will never get to regularly play this last set of maps, because Blops3 will be out before they put them in my playlist of choice...

I wish they had a way of knowing what I already have and making my drop odds better for different weapons. I'm tired of getting these dumb ass blunderbusses.

Top Bottom