• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Played the multi for 3 or so hours today.

The paired-down way they've done killstreaks but added a lot of potential modifiers to each killstreak is cool, seems like each modifier could really change up the gameplay implications.

Titanfall-esque movement options feel tacked-on at best, doesn't make you feel any more mobile (compared to Titanfall. No momentum conservation system or wall-running, etc). Game actively punishes you for using exo maneuvers. Don't expect miracles here, it's COD with double-jump. Most of the exo abilities in general are pretty "fluffy," in fact, not just the mobility stuff.

Game looks great single player, exactly like Ghosts in multiplayer.

With small pool of players it's tough to judge TTK, too much latency. Seems nearly imperceptibly longer than Ghosts, definitely not Black Ops level.

Maps are better than Ghosts/MW3.

Alienous

What little I've seen of the maps in leaked footage looks good. It by no means reinvents Call of Duty, but the speed and fluidity by which each player can move means that I've rarely seen instances of camping (with the ability to jump and dash, it seems like the days of picking a corner and watching a doorway are over), and that can only be a good thing. It seems like the increased verticality and movement options also does a good job of slowing the 'death-spawn-death-spawn' pace that has become faster and faster each game (until Ghosts haphazardly tried to slow the pace by increasing the size of the maps).

It looks like a Call of Duty to get excited about.

GenericUser

Interficium said:
Game actively punishes you for using exo maneuvers.

I already thought it would be that way. I guess they didn't want to change the core feeling of the game too much.

I do expect that exo movements/maneuvers are the icing on the movement cake and good players will definitly be able to use many or all exo actions to their advantage.

Average Joe will just stumble into the arena, yell "YOLO double jump" and then gets killed.

Jinroh

Do we still keep dying first before we can see the enemy because of that shitty netcode or was it changed? It was dreadful in Ghosts and I gave up playing its multiplayer because of that.

Unlucky7

Banned
I need to ask, is there another ham fisted, front page bait 'shocking moment'? To be fair, the non IF games seem to be better at that...

kudoboi

i wonder if the PC port will be bad this time. anyways impressions for the PC version will be out in an hour or so

S1kkZ

I need to ask, is there another ham fisted, front page bait 'shocking moment'? To be fair, the non IF games seem to be better at that...

nope

liked the single player quite a lot. story telling is a huge step up. sure, its very predictable. but the way its presented, told and acted makes it so much better than the other cod campaigns. and those blur cg cutscenes...holy shit.

GenericUser

So, to the people that played it or have an Idea: how is the ttk? Blops 2 fast or MW3 slow.

I personally like a longer ttk more since that doesn't mean you are automatically dead if the other guy starts shooting first.

CozMick

Banned
So, to the people that played it or have an Idea: how is the ttk? Blops 2 fast or MW3 slow.

I personally like a longer ttk more since that doesn't mean you are automatically dead if the other guy starts shooting first.

From the streams I was watching, which were very laggy however.

Its worse than Blops 2.

Rainy Dog

Not true. My preload downloaded my extra stuff on PS4.

Same for my US digital pro edition when switched over to my main UK account. All 42gb's plus the extras are installed and ready.

Tempted to set up an Aus/NZ account to have an early peek. Even if it's just a run around the maps against bots on that account.

Rainy Dog

All COD's have had essentially the same TTK. Any perceived difference is down to netcode, hit detection and lag compensation.

Keasar

15689175392_2bb76829ba_o.png

DIGITAL PRO:
  • ATLAS GORGE BONUS MULTIPLAYER MAP

Do you ever feel like you are just firing blanks? Do the ladies in your life find your gun a little short on fire power? You need ENGORGE! by Atlas! ENGORGE! will have you firing on all --static--

Hope I am not the only one who instantly thought of this.

Unlucky7

Banned
nope

liked the single player quite a lot. story telling is a huge step up. sure, its very predictable. but the way its presented, told and acted makes it so much better than the other cod campaigns. and those blur cg cutscenes...holy shit.

Predictable storywise, or predictable "Here, redshirt, I will let you open this door so Makarov can shoot you in the face"?

Who am I kidding I will get this game and pray it will be good.

IISANDERII

Holy fuck they reduced the number of maps again.
Ghost had 14
MW3 had 16
And now we're down to 13 for AW

Thanks, Bobby!

Top Bottom