• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Kallor

It's really funny because Black Ops was actually better than 4, at least the multiplayer was. People just feel they have to say 4 is the end all be all because it was the trendsetter. I like 4 but loooooved BO online.

BO was just the best COD. The maps, the guns, the perks. Best Zombies and an amazing campaign.

gocubs

Blops 2 was the first game I prestiged in and I would do that 4 times I enjoyed the multiplayer that much. Ghosts was pure garbage so I'm cautious when it comes to AW.

Shrewder

Neo Member
Little off topic but Activision(?) got the W for this Day Zero shit. I'd like preorder bonuses to be like this from now on. Lol. Being able to play Sunday night for like an hour/hour and a half, and then crash by midnight (when I would've originally gone to pick up my game at this time) is sweet.

More early releases plz. And I'll keep preordering.

I was thinking about this subject earlier and I agree. I'm interested to know how early this was planned and how tough it was to implement. I'm guessing here, but I think this was only possible, at this time, because Activision was also able to coordinate with retailers with a physical copy release at the same time.

Doing an early release, like this, for digital pre-orders seems possible for most titles, but would this action be held back so as to not anger retailers? I hope this idea is being discussed in the industry.

Wookieomg

Got mine pre-loaded and ready to go on PS4! May double-dip on XBO if I really enjoy it.. Always played CoD on the Xbox ecosystem, and have a couple buddies I could rock out with on both systems.. Looking forward to playing with some Gaffers too!

Feel free to add me peeps!

PSN: xXRaceBannonXx
XBL: xXRaceBannonXx

LycanXIII

Looking at the countdown on PSN, it looks like the game unlocks at 11pm Eastern. Have the servers not updated for Daylight savings?

Nome

It's really funny because Black Ops was actually better than 4, at least the multiplayer was. People just feel they have to say 4 is the end all be all because it was the trendsetter. I like 4 but loooooved BO online.
People like 4 because there was lean, dedicated servers with a server list, good maps, and killstreaks weren't insane. Being seminal to the FPS genre (and modern gaming as whole) definitely doesn't hurt though.

That said, BO1 is my fave as well. I've found that almost everyone who doesn't like BO1 either had technical or network issues.

Hip Hop

Don't know if I should get this for PC or PS4... How big are COD communities on PC?

Here is the list of current players on STEAM

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Black Ops II is the most popular one. followed by Modern Warfare 3 then Ghosts. It just speaks volumes for Ghosts and how much people disliked it. That imo contributed big time to the "decline" of the series.

BO2
Currently: 2,791
Peak: 10,703

Ghosts
Currently: 1,279
Peak: 3,874

It's much popular on consoles.

So Hype

Got Ghost on PS4, but I'm going back to X1 for AW. Pre-loaded and ready to go.

You got the right idea Smokey, I just did the same thing, pre-loading now.

I'm gonna play COD: AW tonight because it's Sunday, I ain't got no job, and I ain't got shit to do!

Card Boy

Banned
Don't know if I should get this for PC or PS4... How big are COD communities on PC?

Dead as fuck unless you are from America.

mbkNx.png

Screen capped 30 seconds ago. Look @ dem Ghosts numbers! '50000 people used to live here, now it's a Ghost town'

PS4 will slaughter the PC numbers. Even Battlefield 4 PS4 has more players than PC.

samman6

Is anyone else gonna try and make a NZ psn account and unlock the US digital version earlier? Has anyone tried this before on other games? Just trying to see if there is any downside to this.

kuYuri

I've heard people say this but I didn't experience that, apart from the occasional lag, I think people were just mad (not necessarily you) that you couldn't get easy 2 bullet kills like you could in (mw2/mw3 and Ghost)

People think super low TTK = good net code and vice versa

Black Ops 2 does have some aspects of low TTK compared to Ghosts, specifically in the assault rifle category if we go by hard numbers. In general, the difference in TTK between both games is negligible.

This explains it better:
http://youtu.be/E2CGIhTeJB8

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
since mw2 i did not buy a COD..and besides lords of the fallen, halo mcc and dragon age (and university) how should I find the time to play this? but maybe I'll be weak.

BKSmash

I'M SO FREAKING HYPED! Bring on the House Of CODs!

I've gotten every version since Cod 4 Modern Warfare, but decided to skip Ghosts to get some other games for christmas... So I've been hyping this with my entire body!

Cc23830

Is anyone else gonna try and make a NZ psn account and unlock the US digital version earlier? Has anyone tried this before on other games? Just trying to see if there is any downside to this.

I'll find out in a couple of hours as I've done it, fingers crossed :)

LeonSPBR

Guys I'm having problems with my pre order on the PS3. I downloaded the game but the pre order bonuses don't show up for me to download. Is anyone else with this problem and what I should do??

The hype is really getting to me, can't wait till midnight. I am really liking that it is unlocking at the local time of the Account you are using and not the one you bought it with.

Only problem is that I don't really know anyone else who is getting the game, so if any one wants to add me and play a bit, just add Chri_stoph in PSN. I am from Germany btw.

Guys I'm having problems with my pre order on the PS3. I downloaded the game but the pre order bonuses don't show up for me to download. Is anyone else with this problem and what I should do??

When preloading something from PSN, at least on PS4, you can't preload Pre Order DLC, that's normal.

Typically much smaller than their console counterparts.

For reference, peak players today for various CoD titles on Steam Top 100 games by player count:

BO2: 10,703
MW3: 6,316
Ghosts: 3,874
MW2: 4,661

Found via: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Damn it...I should of held off on buying it for the PC,however I cant stand shooters with a controller, Destiny is an exception as I played that primarirly for Single-Player content and strikes.

GenericUser

The hype is really getting to me, can't wait till midnight. I am really liking that it is unlocking at the local time of the Account you are using and not the one you bought it with.

Only problem is that I don't really know anyone else who is getting the game, so if any one wants to add me and play a bit, just add Chri_stoph in PSN. I am from Germany btw.

Feel free to add me on psn Christoph. I won't be able to start playing before November 12th, but I do welcome some german speaking cod-budies. PSN Id is: sponksta

EDIT: Needless to say im hyped as hell for advanced warfare.

kudoboi

i think PC might have more players this year because of the lack of BF hardline. those who wanted to play BF hardline on PC this year would either go to COD or CSGO

Wookieomg

Damn it...I should of held off on buying it for the PC,however I cant stand shooters with a controller, Destiny is an exception as I played that primarirly for Single-Player content and strikes.

Yeah I feel ya. I actually enjoy shooters with both KB+M and controllers myself. Just different strokes I suppose. I've always felt CoD was more of a console shooter franchise than PC, truth be told. Would be very surprised to see CoD:AW pull in numbers akin to CS:GO on Steam.

10k players is decent for a 2 year old game in a franchise where new games are released anually. BO2's player count has been pretty consistent too.

Absolutely. While I wasn't really a fan of BO2, can't deny the game had legs. Hoping to see AW shine in the same way.

Ellite25

I'm hoping this is good. I played the shit outta Black Ops 2 (maybe second most behind 4) but Ghosts just didn't stick with me. I thought I was done with this series after Ghosts but AW seems to be getting some positive buzz so I'll check it out.

Been watching streams all weekend. Pretty much certain to be the best COD in a long time, impressions are extremely positive from those who have it, plus it looks amazing.

biteren

I'm hoping this is good. I played the shit outta Black Ops 2 (maybe second most behind 4) but Ghosts just didn't stick with me. I thought I was done with this series after Ghosts but AW seems to be getting some positive buzz so I'll check it out.

yeah, im playing Black Ops 2 while i wait, thinking about the next Treyarch COD game is getting me hyped!!!

Wookieomg

Been watching streams all weekend. Pretty much certain to be the best COD in a long time, impressions are extremely positive from those who have it, plus it looks amazing.

I'm glad to hear this. I've avoided watching any streams to go in fresh when it goes live, but it's been so difficult.

Top Bottom