• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

HiiiLife

I started to pay attention to maps more and where I would die more frequently because of campers and it actually helped out quite a bit. Kill Confirmed, TDM, and Hardpoint will be the only modes I ever need in CoD. Uplink is cool too though.

I haven't touched any other gametype aside from Momentum really.

It feels so good to be playing War again.

And it's nice because you at least have a general "idea" of where the enemies are coming from and going to.

belushy

Banned
Quick question for those who are doing the 360/ps3 -> Xone/ps4 thing, when you upgrade, do you lose the 360/ps3 version of the game from your account, or do you get to keep both? I was gonna ask a friend to "buy" the game on his Xbox One with my account so I have it in case I don't get a Bone by the deadline.

edit: NVM I found the FAQ

For anyone who wants to know, yes you will get to keep both versions.

Love the game, but I'm a little disappointed that weapon skins aren't all unlocked when you play with bots offline or in a private match. All weapons and gear are unlocked, but skins aren't and there's no way to earn them without going online for PvP. This is the first CoD with bots that does it this way and it's strange. Oh well.

(I also assume you unlock more customizations for your duderman but those don't show up either.)

Duxxy3

:(

Sitting at 1.5 and its getting under my skin how 2.0 was always the bare minimum for me in past installments.

Damn this games exo boost shit and my sense of accomplishment. Fuck K/D.

The exo movement has knocked down good players to average players. There's just no way to escape random deaths.

J-Rzez

Welp. I am highly unimpressed.

They will never recapture the magic of mw1 or 2. They have moved away from it and are never going back. Hell, I'd take CoD 1/2 even. This was a massive disappointment all around, not even having the awesome music at the end of a match. Just some guy telling me to enjoy the unemployment line and calling us cunts or something.

So, having been away since the first Black Ops, what are some of the big changes that have come to the game in comparison outside of the dash/jump mechanics?

glaw52

And it's nice because you at least have a general "idea" of where the enemies are coming from and going to.

I'm so glad they brought war back. Favorite gametype from the older CODs. I just don't know if I like it on the smaller maps. It seems really hectic.

Hip Hop

:(

Sitting at 1.5 and its getting under my skin how 2.0 was always the bare minimum for me in past installments.

Damn this games exo boost shit and my sense of accomplishment. Fuck K/D.

I'm getting annoyed too lol. My KD has always ben above 2.0, even in Ghosts lol. But this is rough. Went as low as 1.60 but I'm back to 1.7. Slowly but surely getting there. That's basically my main mission right now lol

PepperedHam

Hope to see the lag ironed out by the end of the week. Doesn't happen in every match but it's just so bizarre to see me sitting at 4 white bars and I'm skipping around the map like I'm a robot who just got wet. Thankfully though like I said it isn't happening in every match but I'm not ready to put all the blame solely on the host. Shit is consistently rancid at times throughout multiple lobbies.

Capture the Flag is really fun by the way.

HiiiLife

I'm so glad they brought war back. Favorite gametype from the older CODs. I just don't know if I like it on the smaller maps. It seems really hectic.

Its ridiculously hectic. I go in with the mindset that I'm gonna die at least 20 times. Lol. Its fun. And intense. But man. The game is so fast paced.

And War is the goat. But as of now, the gametype in W@W was special to me. Especially the announcers.

v1lla21

Momentum is grenade heaven, I played it in ranked and it was chaos. Extremely fun though.

I don't have any interest in multiplayer online shooter so I generally play games like this for their SP campaigns only. Is this game worth getting just to go through the SP campaign?

Hard to say, campaign was alright at least.
Story wasn't all that great compared to others but it was more fun and felt more unique than the past few CODs.

I've been experiencing lag all afternoon on PS4. Looking at the scoreboard, the connection ratings fluctuate like crazy every 3-5 seconds for everyone in the lobby. How I go 30-10 to 11-27, I don't know. But this shit is REALLY ruining the fun.

Same here. I downloaded it on the PS3 first and the matches were perfectly fine. Very little lag. Downloaded the PS4 version and literally every match has lag or freezing every 10-20 seconds. I hope this is a random temporary thing because it's making the game unplayable for me.

Pathos

Banned
Yeah this is pretty difficult
I've had a 2-3 k/d for every CoD but this is just something else
Guess I need to take my time with this game

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I literally just saw Sandy Ravage make more than half a thousand dollars in donations on twitch playing this game in a 10 minute window.

ramuh

I love sending out those sentry drones that beeps at a enemy and follows him around. I've killed countless people that were shooting at the drone above their head. Hah.

Hugstable

Banned
On mission 9 of the campaign on PS4, really loving this game so far, so much awesome action going on, Chapter 3 was pretty awesome as was Chapter 7. Best Call of Duty Campaign I've played since Black Ops and COD4. Played a bit of the MP too and had a good connection speed overall, hit like level 9, want to finish the campaign first before I play the MP for a bit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Campaign seems really neat so far. Graphics are super crisp on PS4, really nice to see after the awful Ghosts engine.

Momentum is grenade heaven, I played it in ranked and it was chaos. Extremely fun though.

Does Flak Jacket help?

I am concerned about TTK and map flow still, but it seems smaller game modes like Uplink (it's 4v4, right?) seem like they'd make the game more enjoyable

I miss Team Tactical, but are there other modes with lower player limits?

v1lla21

Does Flak Jacket help?

I am concerned about TTK and map flow still, but it seems smaller game modes like Uplink (it's 4v4, right?) seem like they'd make the game more enjoyable

I miss Team Tactical, but are there other modes with lower player limits?
Yes it does. I don't know what other modes are small such as uplink, but it's enjoyable as a 4v4 match.

Two complaints about the game though, why the fuck does it have the mic speaking thing in the middle of the fucking screen and the medal thing is also annoying when you get a shit load of them. Really small things but they get on my nerve sometimes.

Odrion

Banned
Cosmetic gear having an expiration is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game.
Once again, I believe these are specific items related to your performance, I keep getting a red "bloodthirst" or whatever helmet everytime I score first.

If that's the case, then I think it's brilliant. It's decorations based on current skill, not past triumphs.

Vidpixel

The only weird thing about the campaign is the switching of the Exo suits and their abilities. Seriously, just let me double jump by default.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wow, I normally can't stand CoD multi.

This is surprisingly refreshing. Movement is perfect. Love when map traversal can help win the game, and AW has that in spades.

Jrs3000

Once again, I believe these are specific items related to your performance, I keep getting a red "bloodthirst" or whatever helmet everytime I score first.

If that's the case, then I think it's brilliant. It's decorations based on current skill, not past triumphs.

You have to be worthy to maintain the items lol It's kind of neat. You see someone with a certain items will automatically tell you that person skill.

LtOrange

This might have been asked/answered - Is there any way to make that annoying "Chat is set to Prioritize Party" notification on PS4 to stop popping up? It is driving me crazy.

Top Bottom