• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

strafer

So I guess Audiomachine does more of the wub wub part of the score and HGW does the more calm beautiful stuff.

Good job

My NAT is moderate on PS4 (Open on X1, could never get PSN open). My bars are always full in the lobby. I have 85 mb/s download and upload with Verizon Fios and I'm hard wired.
Bandwidth means very little in online games, it's your ping to the server that matters. In the case of P2P, it's ping from one player to another.

Mononoke

Banned
Bandwidth means very little in online games, it's your ping to the server that matters. In the case of P2P, it's ping from one player to another.

Yeah im pretty ignorant when it comes to that stuff. My apologies. I have no idea how to check my specific ping on PS4. But speed test.net shows my ping at 1ms. Not sure if that helps. I just know Im getting no lag. But clearly people are as a lot of folks are having the same experience. That really sucks.

Edit: maybe I'm misunderstanding the lag people are talking about. My bars are always fall and I've never skipped around the screen or had anyone else do that. So I've never had lag that bad. But in terms of hit detection or it not matching up with hitting others I'll have to pay attention more closely. I guess I shouldn't be speaking about things I don't understand. My apologies.

Yeah im pretty ignorant when it comes to that stuff. Have no idea how to check my specific ping on PS4. But speed test.net shows my ping at 1ms. Not sure if that helps. I just know Im getting no lag.
This is a lengthy video but it's very easy to understand and explains how you're getting fucked over and why: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg

It's worth watching if you have a good connection but are frustrated with dying due to 'odd' lag issues.

Cajun

Neo Member
Uplink is insanely fun. Really fast paced, and flows perfectly with the general gameplay of AW. Been playing mostly ranked so every game has been close, especially since I got out of bronze.

Also, as pretty much everyone else is saying, the lag comp in this game is outright ridiculous. Not the worst I've ever played with in a game, but it's definitely up there. Thinking you're going to win a gunfight because you have the first 3 shots, only to be melted instantly instead is one of the most frustrating things that can happen in a fast paced game like this.

Man, that campaign was a ton of fun. Linear and easy, sure, but filled with constant cool moments and fresh gimmicks each level. It was gorgeous, too.

I haven't really enjoyed a Call of Duty campaign that much since 2 or 4, I reckon. There have been moments scattered throughout the rest of the series, and I appreciated what BLOPS2 tried to do, but this is definitely head and shoulders above the last few.

This is a lengthy video but it's very easy to understand and explains how you're getting fucked over and why: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFnIckyoxg

It's worth watching if you have a good connection but are frustrated with dying due to 'odd' lag issues.

Is this guy trying to be an ASMR Call of Duty streamer or what?

hengyu

Seeing all the joy in this thread makes me think that Ghosts was intentionally shit to lower the bar. God that PC port still haunts me

Carbonox

Put in around 3-4 hours yesterday and got to Level 25. Game is so much fun. First COD I've had since MW1 so what better way to jump back in to the franchise.

Some maps are proper shit though in multiplayer and the terribad spawning system is very irritating but otherwise it's a total blast.

RulkezX

I've not seen any rubber banding or teleporting, but I've got more than a few clipsv saved where I'm running along and just drop dead, but the killcam shows the other guys getting a load of hit markets on me.

The netcode is really shitty at the moment.

I wonder if they will change the exo abilities usage in the future to be more like Titanfall's abilities. Right now most of them seem almost useless because they take too long to activate and do not recharge. Just making them instantly activate would make a huge difference, battery recharge would make them have much more utility.

glaw52

So far the only expiring ones I've noticed are "blood shed" and I'm not sure why they do.

The ones you get from match challenges like blood thirsty expire. The ones that you get in supply drops don't expire.

At least that's how I understand it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sheytan

The textures is really bad on on the traffic level

Is this done on purpose or is it my PC (everything is maxed except for shadow cache)

Karu

I know there were already some questions about dl size, but regardless...

They gave me a file to dl thats only 14 gigs big, can I assume that is only the SP?! Or the MP?

Cc23830

Right this is annoying me, is there a perk so I can aim down the sights and walk fast?? As it's so sloooooow. My sensitivity is up to 7 but that makes my hip firing wild. ?

rrc1594

All the money they made over the years would think dedicated servers would be no problem, but no

I wish the dash mechanics were mapped to another button. L3 fucking sucks for anything where timing is of the essence due to its fiddly nature.

I agree. I do better not trying to use new mechanics TBH. I let everybody just dash right in to my bullets

Carbonox

I wish the dash mechanics were mapped to another button. L3 fucking sucks for anything where timing is of the essence due to its fiddly nature.

C4EMGEN

I agree. It just doesn't feel right.
Would use it way more often if it was easier (and more fun) to use.

Saying that... I honestly wouldn't know what button(s) to map it to.

J4g3r

Can't believe people are having connection problems.

This is the first CoD since CoD4 where I've actually been able to play with American bros without a slight disadvantage due to bullet delay. (Or the other way around)

Though I did skip Ghosts, not sure how bad it was there.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I think I'm done for now. Core game is fun, but after quitting for the umpteenth time,and seeing my connection spike yet again, it's making me hate it.

I'll get back to it once net code is sorted out. I've had issues with past CoDs when it comes yo lag, but never as bad as this

My ping constantly fluctuates from 1-bar to 3 in one match. I tried other modes, still the same. It's appaling how cheap Acti is for not springing for servers. When the franchise finally loses juice, this is one of the main culprits why...shit is annoying and it seems Sledgehammer hasn't even acknowledged it.

-TK-

I think the Ghost had easilty the best netcode I've ever seen on any fps game and this has maybe even better. Not a single bad game so far.

finished the campaign. actually enjoyed it. love the mech suit. way better than ghosts. now to keep playing multiplayer

also, veteran difficulty seemed much easier then previous games

Dalek

I think I'm done for now. Core game is fun, but after quitting for the umpteenth time,and seeing my connection spike yet again, it's making me hate it.

I'll get back to it once net code is sorted out. I've had issues with past CoDs when it comes yo lag, but never as bad as this

My ping constantly fluctuates from 1-bar to 3 in one match. I tried other modes, still the same. It's appaling how cheap Acti is for not springing for servers. When the franchise finally loses juice, this is one of the main culprits why...shit is annoying and it seems Sledgehammer hasn't even acknowledged it.

I'm in the same boat as you. My blood is boiling right now. I'm going to give it one more game right now and see.

Frillen

Can't believe people are having connection problems.

This is the first CoD since CoD4 where I've actually been able to play with American bros without a slight disadvantage due to bullet delay. (Or the other way around)

Though I did skip Ghosts, not sure how bad it was there.

It's the complete opposite for me. Never have I experienced a worse bullet lag in a CoD than this.

Top Bottom