• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

The lag is indeed pretty messed up.

On your screen a guy just came round the corner 20m away and you barely get two rounds of before you die, despite quick reactions

On the killcam, the guy was already shooting at you while you were only just seeing him come round the corner.

There were times where I thought I was hitting invisible walls as my movement would just freeze, then id die immediately after, but it seems all that time I'm frozen, I was already dead.

At this point I think BF4 has better netcode.

The pace to this game is insanely fast, didn't think it would get faster than BO2 but it just might have. I know it could be just people learning the maps, but with the new ways to traverse the environment, I don't see it slowing down much.

Frillen

I mean-I take one bullet to die, but my enemies are bullet sponges. How the hell is that a fair fight?

Welcome to my world. I lose like 99 % of the one on one battles I face. Camping is the only option right now until the net code gets better. If it doesn't, bye bye CoD.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The lag is indeed pretty messed up.

On your screen a guy just came round the corner 20m away and you barely get two rounds of before you die, despite quick reactions

On the killcam, the guy was already shooting at you while you were only just seeing him come round the corner.

There were times where I thought I was hitting invisible walls as my movement would just freeze, then id die immediately after, but it seems all that time I'm frozen, I was already dead.

At this point I think BF4 has better netcode.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing! Shitty freezes every damn time! Even the kill cam would show me freezing.

Dalek

So MP performance is good on PS4, no noticeable drops?

really_house_of_cards.gif

Welcome to my world. I lose like 99 % of the one on one battles I face. Camping is the only option right now until the net code gets better. If it doesn't, bye bye CoD.

Word. I was playing with a few Gaffers last night, and we were mentioning how 1vs1 seems off at times. And when I look at the kill cam, is not the same. I went with the shotgun for pure joy for now.

Bastos

I thought I was bad, well, I'm not good, but it was the lag killing me. There were times that I could swear that I shot first and I was just standing still on the killcam.

Anyway, I got a good match after some laggy ones and the game is very good. Just have to get used to CoD again, last one I played was Blops 1 on PC and I never played CoD on a console. Keep forgetting to ADS every time I get near a corner or corridor or to prone when getting shot at.

And btw, doesn't anyone play Hardcore Matches on consoles? =/

ViciousDS

Banned
Can't believe the worst call of duty was the only one to get dedicated servers(ghosts). P2P has really turned me off for AW. The lag compensation in this game is fucking insane

I think I'm just about done with the MP, probably get to first Prestige and never touch it again. Its not worth raging over and losing your patience, I get plenty of that at work.

CozMick

Banned
A couple of Call of Duty leaderboard numbers for ya'll.

Playstation 4 - 887756 unique players

Playstation 3 - 369643 unique players

As of 10:15am UK time.

Last gen players are a dying breed

Downloaded till 26% yesterday, turned off my Xbox and came back an hour later to play some Walking Dead and the progress had went down to 4%. Deleted it and reinstalled it before work it was at 68%. Hopefully it will be downloaded by the time I get home from work.

junglist

I must be the odd one out.. cause my connection speeds are amazing...

thank you everyone that is lagging you are really helping out my K/D ratio =)

p3tran

Banned
I must be the odd one out.. cause my connection speeds are amazing...

thank you everyone that is lagging you are really helping out my K/D ratio =)

well, you are welcome

the thing is though, there is an established and proven BETTER way to play these online competitive games, better and fairer than peer to peer.

I find it funny that call of duty series goes for "the king is naked" effect gere.

dedicated servers were a must for this.

wtf boby Kotick? your company too cheap?
i cant believe that.

ScrubJay

If you're like me and you're getting melted by enemies while shooting spit wads at them, give Hardcore mode a shot. I can actually kill people in that mode. It was my go to mode in Black Ops 2 and it's looking like it'll be that way here too.

Vidpixel

Feels right and more importantly makes sense since conceptually it's just another modifier of movement as sprinting is which already maps to L3.

Exactly. It just takes some time getting used to, but once you do get a hang of the Exo movements, boosting around the environment becomes incredibly fun.

The only other button I can think of that they could have put these Exo movements on is maybe the L1 button? Because honestly, the Exo Abilities probably could have been placed on the D-pad somewhere.

itsgreen

Run and gun on an open field.

That is what it is.

For me:

- there are enemies everywhere
- it is nearly impossible to make a ratio higher than 2:1
- it is nearly impossible to make killstreaks higher than 4
- enemies are constantly popping in your back
- no strategic advantage be gained in maps, every good point has two pathways running in to your back
- as a result my ammo is always running out.
- quick scoping is back
- headset advantage seems to be minimal
- game play is very fast
- you get killed within 10 seconds from your spawn point

Was able to get quite easily 2:1 ratio's in every match for the past 8 years, 4:1 is pretty common, by just playing it a bit slower and not running like a fool. This game seems to be build on running like a fool and punishes everyone who doesn't.

Every time I get killed it feels like a fucking random act of someone popping up in my back or sides.

Not liking it.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
The pace to this game is insanely fast, didn't think it would get faster than BO2 but it just might have. I know it could be just people learning the maps, but with the new ways to traverse the environment, I don't see it slowing down much.

All the previous COD games caused me controller fatigue (and/or some kind of tiredness), this one requires more of everything (fatigue and tiredness).

I wish multiplayer games were slowed down a bit, requiring one to have (both) quick aim and various degrees of movement pulls a lot from the players.

RedAssedApe

Banned

that sounds about right for the ps3 version. its always lagged behind even when it was just 360 and ps3

Louis010

Banned

That is what it is.

For me:

- no strategic advantage be gained in maps, every good point has two pathways running in to your back
- quick scoping is back
- game play is very fast

Was able to get quite easily 2:1 ratio's in every match for the past 8 years, 4:1 is pretty common, by just playing it a bit slower and not running like a fool. This game seems to be build on running like a fool and punishes everyone who doesn't.

Every time I get killed it feels like a fucking random act of someone popping up in my back or sides.

Not liking it.

So camping is gone then? Sounds incredible to me.

Lucifon

Does both versions suffer from shitty netcode?

This is what I want to know, are the Xbone, 360 and PS3 versions suffering the same lag that the PS4 version is?

It's stupidly frustrating that they're completely quiet on dedicated servers other than that mention a few weeks ago saying "they'll have more to say about it"...well...the game is out now guys, it'd be a good time to tell us about them now rather than be completely tightlipped about it.

Definitely less camping in modes like TDM. It's great, it suits my favoured playstyle completely. I've always played Cods super fast not giving a crap about my "KD Ratio", only to be frustrated by people sat in corners popping you as you run past. There's definitely less of that. I've always found those who care so much about their KD ratio's are the ones who get most pissed off by dying. Who cares, just try win the match.

Garland7G

That is what it is.

For me:

- quick scoping is back
- game play is very fast

Not liking it.

agreed 100%

CozMick

Banned
Is it me or are footstep sound completely missing from the surrounding area?

I can hear mine but the people around me are silent with their 3 tonne exo suit :/

J-Rzez

Not liking it.

It's not random, it's the worst respawn system ever implemented in a shooter.

Then you have to deal with people topping the leaderboad with the weakest connection, so there's that too. This game is an absolute mess. I decided to give this a shot again, but it made me appreciate Destiny much more, and completely tarnished the CoD franchise for me forever. They would have to release a remastered visually only mw1/2 for me to get my interest back.

Titan Fall was even superior to this, and BF4's network issues would be more welcome than this. Couple in some of the worst weapons ever, it's a complete disaster, at best. I'll hit cap to justify my money and then trade it in on something.

GrizzNKev

Banned

That is what it is.

For me:

- quick scoping is back
- game play is very fast

Not liking it.

I fail to see how this is different from any other call of duty game.

SMZC

That is what it is.

For me:

- quick scoping is back
- game play is very fast

Not liking it.

Exactly my experience. I've always done well in COD, but here I get killed left and right by any kind of player, good or bad, for the most random of reasons; all the frigging time.

I really don't feel like playing a game that somehow closes the skill gap between good and bad players to the point of non-existence. This is COD, for fuck's sake, players on matchmaking are usually horrible, especially at launch, so it certainly isn't that everyone and their moms got insanely good at playing the series.

That is what it is.

For me:

- quick scoping is back
- game play is very fast

Not liking it.

I think I remember seeing some Youtube video of people playing a hacked Nuketown match where it's all really fast and everyone's dying so quickly and respawning and killstreaks just flying in from every angle...

And I remember thinking, this is what normal CoD will eventually end up as in a few years if they keep designing down this route. It's... interesting to me that this is the road people want this game to go down. It just gets faster, more chaotic, more entry points to every space. It's like everything is designed as though staying still is the greatest sin that ever existed.

CozMick

Banned
Here is my kill/death ratio since Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 - 2.01kdr

Call of Duty WaW - 2.6kdr

Modern Warfare 2 - 2.05kdr

Black Ops - 2.0kdr

Modern Warfare 3 - 3.10kdr

Black Ops II - 2.3kdr

Ghosts - 2.01kdr

Advanced Warfare - 1.33kdr and dropping

I struggle to get any sort of rhythm going in this game because of the constant lag and enemies consistently spawning behind me.

I just dont understand what i'm doing wrong :/

P. Fembot

Banned
Exactly my experience. I've always done well in COD, but here I get killed left and right by any kind of player, good or bad, for the most random of reasons; all the frigging time.

especially at launch, so it certainly isn't that everyone and their moms got insanely good at playing the series.

I totally agree. I've been a hardcore cod player and this game is just a mess of bad spawns, flying kids, and rooftop warfare.

There's no room for skill in the way this game was designed.

Garland7G

I think I remember seeing some Youtube video of people playing a hacked Nuketown whereit's all really fast and everyone's dying so quickly and respawning and killstreaks just flying in from every angle...

And I remember thinking, this is what CoD will eventually end up as if they keep designing down this route. It's... interesting to me that this is the road people want this game to go down.

Not gonna lie, its kinda too fast paced.

Fuck, I should've bought it on PS4....over double the playerbase. With the Master Chief Collection, I really didn't want to pay for two separate online services within a week.

SMZC

I mentioned this in a reply of mine earlier, but how do you guys feel about the weapon models and animations in this game versus previous entries in the series? I can't get over how butt ugly the weapon models are, and the reloading animations are just not good looking at at all either. For a series that has always had superb weapons, this is a big letdown to me.

Camping is not gone. If anything, the game incites you to camp and to avoid using the new exo movement mechanics. I decided to play my last couple of games last night very conservatively, just sitting behind cover in relatively safe positions, and surprise surprise, I started doing much better.

CozMick

Banned
Fuck, I should've bought it on PS4....over double the playerbase. With the Master Chief Collection, I really didn't want to pay for two separate online services within a week.

What platform did you buy it on?

Stealth edit, xbox one I presume?

What are the numbers on the leaderboards? Career

TheRed

This game is full of lag. Playing on PC. Can't understand why there wouldn't be dedicated servers with a game that has movement like this, :/ makes playing really frustrating.
I might actually go back to try Titanfall some more because those servers were great.

All the previous COD games caused me controller fatigue (and/or some kind of tiredness), this one requires more of everything (fatigue and tiredness).

I wish multiplayer games were slowed down a bit, requiring one to have (both) quick aim and various degrees of movement pulls a lot from the players.

I hear you, playing felt exhausting after a while, you just have to be so in tune in order to do decently, feels a bit like work honestly. I do enjoy a wide variety of shooters, from faster to slower, more methodical ones, but this game here is reaching my upper limit of what I can tolerate in terms of fast pace.

Top Bottom