• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Phear

im loving the KF7 suppressed, i just zip my ass right at people and theyre down before they know what hit em, and im gone like batman when the teamate shows up

first time i used that weapon i got almost 46 kills and 12 deaths on hardpoint

I liked the KF7 because of the even higher movement speed alot, too. But that's only since i got an AK12 Bleeder. Amazing stuff. I'm playing without scorestreaks and ramping up kills so easily.

This COD is a whole new formula when it comes to match dynamics.

The heavy Reliance on chokepoints is gone and the maps are designed to allow flanking at last.

You simply can't approach it like before and expect the same experience.

If you want old cod you'll have to play old cod.

CozMick

Banned
10733910_870177076335435_2978969168470688923_o-jpg.19332

Easy :D

What's everyones favourite Loadout so far?

I call camping, A 10 minute tdm game with only 63 kills reached? :p

Zero2kz

Easy :D

What's everyones favourite Loadout so far?

HBRa3 for larger maps (red dot, foregrip), SN6 (Laser, foregrip) Sub Machine gun for smaller maps

2 Perk 1s, lightweight and the one that hides you from UAV. Peripheral.

And I don't really mess with score streaks much, usually just the UAV and the hud jamming one. Not a fan of most of the other score streaks, they just slow my killing down.

Been consistently getting around > 35 kills and < 8 deaths on TDMs.

CozMick

Banned

The heavy Reliance on chokepoints is gone and the maps are designed to allow flanking at last.

I'll just wait til next year.

Treyarch are the shit.

Zero2kz

On PC this morning at around 4 AM EST, I couldn't find any games for it, but is the "Classic" playlists without exo movement viable for those who want to play "old cod"

Haven't gotten a chance to play it. I enjoy the new dynamics though, so no problem for me.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Up to level 38 after a few days and whilst I know for many COD players that wouldn't mean much for me it's the most I've played a COD game in such a short space of time in ages. I absolutely adore it.

It's funny reading the comments about spawns/lag/maps etc as I've honestly not had many problems with them. Not that anyone's wrong just that my experience has been wildly different - lobbies with full pings, not too much lag (still have one or two bullshit deaths, we need dedis stat), no bullshit spawn deaths etc. Loving the maps too.

I tried the classic playlist and didn't enjoy it at all. The exosuit has completely reinvigorated it for me and I'm having a blast. Especially with a loadout that keeps me mostly concealed :p (even if I had to ditch scorestreaks, not that I care too much about them). Being a run and gunner I'm finding it to be controlled chaos focused on gunplay and maneuverability which I'm really enjoying.

I just don't know, played some more today.

It is very common for me to start out 1 and 7-10, and feel like there is nothing I can do about it. Destiny/Titanfall - a rock solid 2:1 k/d. Here I'm .67 and not sure how it's that high. I hate the stat, but it gives you an idea of how your games are going.

Ghost was the same way. My connection is solid, just feels like my ttk is about 2-3 times higher than my enemies.

I'll keep playing, I like some of the changes. I just don't know why after an ungodly amount of hours of CoD since MW why I suck balls at it now. :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This class has been working fairly well for me tonight.

HBRa3 - Cowboy with Dual Mags(locked in), silencer, and fore grip.

Shield Exo

Lightweight and Low Profile

Cold-Blooded

Toughness and Blast Suppressor

UAV

Ensoul

Not that I was ever great at cod but I have a 1.00 k/d. I like the game but I kill someone I always get killed seconds later getting shot from behind of the side.

Also is there a way to check the lobby players stats in say team death match? I am not seeing it. In fact beside going to the overall leader boards is there a way to see someones stats? I want to see how I compare to the people I am currently playing with or againt.

aravuus

I want to do some good old no-ADS run and gunning with a laser sighted SMG(which probably won't work too well in these maps but w/e)

What's the best gun for it? KF5?

Ensoul

I just don't know, played some more today.

It is very common for me to start out 1 and 7-10, and feel like there is nothing I can do about it. Destiny/Titanfall - a rock solid 2:1 k/d. Here I'm .67 and not sure how it's that high. I hate the stat, but it gives you an idea of how your games are going.

Ghost was the same way. My connection is solid, just feels like my ttk is about 2-3 times higher than my enemies.

I'll keep playing, I like some of the changes. I just don't know why after an ungodly amount of hours of CoD since MW why I suck balls at it now. :/

I am pretty much in the same boat. This game is so Hetic and so easy for people to get above and behind you that it is non stop getting shot from behind or from the side.

I did look at some of the overall leaders stats wiser and I don't see anybody with crazy k/d ratios like you see with ghosts or black ops 2. Yeah I see a couple of players with over a 2 but most people are in the mid 1.50 range.

biteren

I want to do some good old no-ADS run and gunning with a laser sighted SMG(which probably won't work too well in these maps but w/e)

What's the best gun for it? KF5?

definably a good start, i haven tried the other SMGs yet but thats a good starting point as any, also the KF5 is tried and true, combine that with the boosting and they wont know what hit em

nbraun80

Just has been a lot of frustration for me. Not sure what it is but I just can't do anything. :/. Also not sure why when I'm in COD it says moderate NAT type but when I go into network setting it says open, pretty stupid. On X1 btw. Have they said why we don't have dedi's? Feel like that could be part of my frustration. Also anyone know the purpose of the bloodshed helmet, keep unlocking but no idea why.

Kolgar

Wow, a CoD that's pissing off the campers?

Finally, a CoD that I will play religiously!

Seriously--there's "no room for skill" in how this game plays? lol

It's future warfare, combat evolved--time to adapt your skills.

I have no spawn or lag complaints, either. Maybe give it a few days beyond Day Zero to see if the network smoothes out.

Phear

I did look at some of the overall leaders stats wiser and I don't see anybody with crazy k/d ratios like you see with ghosts or black ops 2. Yeah I see a couple of players with over a 2 but most people are in the mid 1.50 range.

We are at day 2 (or 1, if you will), let people get used to it and the K/D ratios will increase. My K/D (~1.7) is a little higher than previous games (Ghosts ~1.5), but i expect it to go down, once people get the hang of the game.

I'm missing some sound-perks. it was amazing how well you could locate an approaching enemy just through 5.1 sound in Ghosts. With AW, i can't, because all i here, are my own footsteps.

BokehKing

Banned
Ah cool.

Btw I just tried to rename my KF5 class to SMG and it says 'Text prohibited due to profanity', WTH?
Yeah.. Had the same problem (on ps4) it's funny, can't type assault or smg but I can get called a bunch of colorful names by 14 year olds

This so much, but then again last cod i played was black ops.

Edit: What uses does prestige have in the newer cod?

Ensoul

We are at day 2 (or 1, if you will), let people get used to it and the K/D ratios will increase. My K/D (~1.7) is a little higher than previous games (Ghosts ~1.5), but i expect it to go down, once people get the hang of the game.

I'm missing some sound-perks. it was amazing how well you could locate an approaching enemy just through 5.1 sound in Ghosts. With AW, i can't, because all i here, are my own footsteps.

1.7 is amazing for this game. No idea how you did it because like clockwork I kill someone and no more than 5 seconds later I get avenged by his teammate.

Carbonox

Is the KF5 one of the best weapons to use then? I've been sticking with the bog standard Bal-27 which has been serving me well enough but if I can improve on that then I shall.

Daffy Duck

I got an elite AK-12 in a supply drop and its my favourite setup along with silencer, RDS and extended mags.

Then low profile, blast suppressor and toughness.

Phear

1.7 is amazing for this game. No idea how you did it because like clockwork I kill someone and noore than 5 seconds later I get avenged by his teammate.

I'm non-stop boosting around corners, almost never going in wide open areas. Playing on PS4 with sens 8/9 (still testing), i couldn't hit sh*t far away. If i have to go wide open, i use Exo-Stealth, boost my way fast across and mostly get that crucial tiny milisec advantage spotting an enemy before he spots me. If i've got a feeling that i'll run into more than 2 enemies, i'll throw a Threatgrenade, search for cover and pick them off individually.

At least, that's the plan.

Has anyone been able to redeem the soundtrack that came with the limited editions of the game. I go to the website but there is not field to redeem the code.

Okay, so why is the font that displays when people are talking on mic so huge and in the middle of the screen? (PS4)

Also, why isn't there a notification for attachment unlocks? I had no idea I'd unlocked loads of sights and stuff for my gun until I went to Create a Class. The "items" tab in the post game screen is always greyed out too. What's the deal?

itsgreen

S&D is awesome. It's like CS on MDMA.
I really recommend itsgreen playing this mode. No run&gun. The Exo abilities open up new routes to reach bomb spots. I really like it.

I also love that u see exo jumps on the mini map, especially in s&d you have to think twice when to use it.

Thanks for the tip, used to play this a lot.

This feels like much much more fun.

Here is my kill/death ratio since Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 - 2.01kdr

Call of Duty WaW - 2.6kdr

Modern Warfare 2 - 2.05kdr

Black Ops - 2.0kdr

Modern Warfare 3 - 3.10kdr

Black Ops II - 2.3kdr

Ghosts - 2.01kdr

Advanced Warfare - 1.33kdr and dropping

I struggle to get any sort of rhythm going in this game because of the constant lag and enemies consistently spawning behind me.

I just dont understand what i'm doing wrong :/

Yeah but what was your K/D for those games on day one? I bet they weren't anywhere near as high.

I find 18 player Domination is unplayable. I basically forget about the objectives part way through the match because I know I'm not going to make it to one.

Otherwise I'm loving the game.

Radec

Just played a few rounds and holy shit. I'm getting Black Ops 2 vibes here.

Me and my friends are doing 9v9 ground war again like in Blops2.. its amazing.

What I don't like is the system hack thing. It's annoying.

zychi

Banned
Anyone able to download the last gen to this gen upgrade yet? Xbox support told me "its an xbox live issue that should be fixed by Tuesday"

Still cant do it two days later. Season pass and pre order dlc worked just fine tho

Anybody tried Exo Survival yet? A group of friends and I tried last night and got wrecked every time we got to the 5th round. This shit is intense. Any suggestions to get further?

Nebula

I'm enjoying the game but I'm getting that God awful lag that was present In the first month of blops 2. I really hope they haven't pulled that into AW cause it sure feels like it.

Nodnol

Is anyone else not using Exo abilities at all? The movement mechanics are awesome, but I'm just not buying into the abilities. I'd rather spend the point elsewhere.

Top Bottom