• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

Even after Nvidia drivers I'm getting turd performance sometimes. Stutter central. I'm not even supersampling. There seems to be no pattern to it - sometimes the stuttering stops, sometimes it stays with me the whole level. High framerate followed by second-long hangs is terribad.

Yeah, seems totally random. I eventually just would restart the game if the stuttering started. Usually the stuttering would go away and then I could play a level or two with it smooth again.

Made for a very disjointed experience.

This is starting to sound like Ghosts all over again, the initial positive impressions almost had me dive back in .... but stuttering and general weirdness being reported now brings back bad Ghosts memories :/

Senteevs

I have an old i5-750 and a Radeon 6950. Can run anything at max 1080p without AA and don't have any problems except that micro stuttering, which is hilariously annoying.
I'm holding off and waiting for a patch.

This is starting to sound like Ghosts all over again, the initial positive impressions almost had me dive back in .... but stuttering and general weirdness being reported now brings back bad Ghosts memories :/

I tried playing Ghosts yesterday and the damn thing still stutters, it's incredible. Still was a good way to kill the hype for this game so was kinda worth it.

Damian.

Banned
Everything has been running fine for the most part on a 2600k|16GB|970 but I get the occasional stutter effect when turning, when I get the stutter/judder I am still pegged at 60fps and 16.7ms frametime which is odd, anyone else experiencing this? Everything is maxed except for the cache settings which are turned off.

Second note, anyone able to play with VSync on with a controller very well? It seems to be incredibly hard to aim while Titanfall and BLOPS II are a breeze with a controller. I don't have as much of an issue with Vsync off, but the tearing and jittery motion with it off is unbearable to me.

Other than those two issues this game runs very well and is night and day compared to Ghosts, which still runs like shit for me to this day.

fardeenah

Banned
did anyone of u tried increasing your windows page file? sometimes it helps, i set mine to 8gb, same as my 8gb ram and i get got the game working decent. borderless window, v-sync on. only prob i'm getting now is the out of sync cutscenes, which sucks

haveheart

Banned
Yesterday, it ran perfectly fine.

Today: freezes, CTDs, stuttering. And I got disconnected from the online service three times...

There also was a 30mb update. Any information on that?

zonezeus

Yesterday, it ran perfectly fine.

Today: freezes, CTDs, stuttering. And I got disconnected from the online service three times...

There also was a 30mb update. Any information on that?

Game worked perfectly this morning (aside from horrible lag compensation of course), but now I can't even connect to online services anymore, a lot of people seem to be having the same problem. SH/Activision grudgingly admitted they have "reports" on the problem, but I don't think there's any official statement on what's really going on.

Iscariot

Also, something I've noticed today is that the servers seem to be struggling. I've had trouble crunching items for exp, lost a few packages before i could open them despite plainly getting one during a match, and generally had trouble retrieving my online profile intermittently.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Has anyone found a way to skip the first cutscene that keeps playing even when I resume my game? Its bothering me way too much now, and I had to sit through it close to 23892 times now or more.

Rnr1224

Has anyone found a way to skip the first cutscene that keeps playing even when I resume my game? Its bothering me way too much now, and I had to sit through it close to 23892 times now or more.

The first cutscene is where the game loads the level. you can wait till it stops loading in the bottom right-hand corner then just click to continue.

Klyka

Banned

be sure to turn off "shader preload" or you will not be able to skip cutscenes at all.

Alright so I just picked this game up and I can't even play it.

Every time I try to load a campaign game the loading bar goes halfway through then the game crashes, sometimes it crashes to desktop and says there is low memory, others it hard crashes my entire PC. I have a GTX970+4790K+8GB Ram. What the fuck is going on here?

Also, something I've noticed today is that the servers seem to be struggling. I've had trouble crunching items for exp, lost a few packages before i could open them despite plainly getting one during a match, and generally had trouble retrieving my online profile intermittently.

Same here - I'm also struggling to stay in matches. I've only been able to play one match until the end today; the rest of them have ended by me getting disconnected from the host or the master server. Really annoying - hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Addnan

SLI noob here. Can I disable SLI for a specific game, this one. I don't want to have to go into Nvidia control panel every time.

I like to Alt+Tab out of my games all the time, I can't keep concentration for more than a match. Games craps itself when you alt+tab with SLI.

Unreal

SLI noob here. Can I disable SLI for a specific game, this one. I don't want to have to go into Nvidia control panel every time.

sinttulogsus8.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
i73820 @ 4.6Ghz, Nvidia Titan + 100Mhz, 16GB RAM, SSD

Getting a constant 91fps (max) at 1080p in multi, everything maxed out with no supersampling.

Then, suddenly, after five or six perfect games last night, the game went to shit.

Drops to the teens! 2 second hangs. Rubberbanding everywhere. Didn't strike me as lag - it's like I killed the game. For a moment, I actually checked to make sure I didn't bump supersampling to like 16x. I didn't.

Game ran terribly. Unplayable.

TF2 ran fine.

Single player... fine.

Restart computer.

Multiplayer ran like ass. Completely shit.

So, I uninstalled. Going home tonight to see if it's fixed after a re-download :-/

wiggleb0t

Banned

I like to Alt+Tab out of my games all the time, I can't keep concentration for more than a match. Games craps itself when you alt+tab with SLI.

Nvidia Control Panel> 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings> Program Settings >Add COD AW > Disable SLI.

RK9039

Found this on the Steam discussions page about some guy who contacted support regarding the FOV in singleplayer:

Jasmin D: It says here, that Field of View ranges from 65-90 degrees.
Jasmin D: The meaning of Field of View ranges from 65°-90°. it doesn't mean that you can change the FOV of the game. It means, the PC will reach the minimum requirements of the game if your FOV ranges from 65°-90°.

You: I am sorry but u do not understand. FOV is not something your PC has as a constant value. It is a camera option defined in the game code itself and can be adjusted

Jasmin D: Here how it goes, the FOV that you see on the Minimum requirements means, if your PC's FOV ranges to 65°-90° it means you reach the minimum requirements of the game. It doesn't mean that you can change the FOV.

Jung_Hyung_Don.jpg

wrongway

Also how accurate are the ping signal bars? Seems like everyones jumps around from 1-3 throughout the match.

No idea. Every time I open the score board they're different. Sometimes it's red bars everywhere but there's no lag, and sometimes everyone has full bars when there's a shit-ton of lag. As far as I can tell, the signal bars are determined by RNG. :p

signal bars in a PC game... smh...

I had the "Directx Encountered an Unrecoverable error" problem where the game wouldn't even start on my machine. I adjusted the screen resolution on my PC and it started running like a dream. Just in case anyone else had this problem.

Renekton

I've come to the conclusion that it's an unoptimized, piece of shit port.

i5-4690K OC'd @ 4.4GHz, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte G1 970 and I'm also having random issues that come up out of nowhere.

I was running fucking Alien Isolation maxed, with DSR at 60 FPS locked.
Nice to know Nvidia is dropping the ball on drivers this generation so far instead of AMD.

Hope my 7970 runs okay.

I bought the game last night and used Geforce Experience to optimize the settings. The shadows cache are turned off and supersampling is also turned off with everything else put at max. I'm also using DSR and it really enhances the graphics which seems to be less taxing than turning supersampling on.

My rig is

i5.3570k turbo at 3.8
gtx780 DCUII Overclocked edition
8gb ram
128GB SSD
1T 7200rpm HDD

Performance is mostly "ok" for me on my 770 GTX.

The map "Defender" for whatever reason is a freaking hog the first minute or so after loading.. frame rate evens out after that.

Boggles my mind that a game could look so dated and yet run so poorly.

Pjsprojects

After the Nvidea driver update the game runs well apart from a crash once in a while. At 1080p most options set high frame rate goes between 57 & 91fps in campaign.

FX-8350 black
GTX-580oc 3gb
8 gig Corsair ram

Athreous

I'm having some problem with graphics...

No matter what settings I change, the graphic is still the same, just the resolution is working...

Either in high or low graphics, the game look the same =(

Here's my specs:

AMD FX 8350
GTX 680 2gb ddr5
Corsair PS 700
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits
8gb ram ddr 3 1333

Corpsepyre

Banned
Getting 4 GB more ram tomorrow. Maybe the endless stuttering and lag is because of that. Will report back. Right now, its a complete and utter mess.

gaming at 1440

4790k @ 4.5
2x970s (im aware sli doesnt work)

why am i sitting between 24 and 40 fps?

Edit: forgot about new drivers. Holy shit didn't know drivers could make that big of a difference. Sitting at 90-120 fps now

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Getting 4 GB more ram tomorrow. Maybe the endless stuttering and lag is because of that. Will report back. Right now, its a complete and utter mess.

If you only have 4GB it's very likely that's the reason, when playing I'm using around 5GB of my 8GB.

Also, does anyone know if there's a fix for the Nvidia Driver Crash issue on certain cards? My friend is having a hell of a time with his GTX 660ti, his PC reboots a lot because of it. I did a quick Google search and it seems fairly common even with the latest drivers.

KKRT00

Defender map is a mess. I get 40fps on low on it on i5 2500k and GTX 560.

Ps. Need to check new drivers though, mine are really old :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Who else noticed the mouse acceleration ?

**SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare\players2

Open "config_mp"

Change seta in_mouse to "2", this forces raw input. You need to make your config file read only otherwise the game will change it back.

Defender map is a mess. I get 40fps on low on it on i5 2500k and GTX 560.

Ps. Need to check new drivers though, mine are really old :p

GTX 680 with latest drivers and Defender lags like shit.

I have a question that's more about general PC performance than CoD specifically, but it applies. I've been playing with V-Sync off because I find that i play better even though the framerate is choppier. If I were to upgrade to a 120hz monitor from my current 60hz, it'd look smoother, right? and I'd generally want Vsync off on games where I can go above 60 and hold it?

KKRT00

After drivers update [mine were from BF4 beta era :p], i got BIG fps upgrade, like +70% and less stuttering.
Really recommend it :p

KKRT00

Just got Low Memory Warning on Defender and then i got "Fatal Error" crash.
This map is so fucked up right now.

Rnr1224

Defender (the one with the tsunami that comes through) is absolutely horrible and I cant keep a stable FPS on it. From what I can see, It is the only map that is affecting me. very strange...

LowParry

Defender (the one with the tsunami that comes through) is absolutely horrible and I cant keep a stable FPS on it. From what I can see, It is the only map that is affecting me. very strange...

Defender is just broken. Period. Fuck that map.

Top Bottom