• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC performance thread

Sioen

I have a question, the game says I'm running at 60-61fps with vsync on but it doesn't look or feel like 60 at all. It feels very sluggish and low fps. Anybody has an explanation for this?

Been playing all day with the family. 3 pcs and two are using multi screen split screen. No issues what so ever today.

Akronis

Relevant :
http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2169-cod-black-ops-3-pc-gpu-benchmark-and-fps

2wicbM2.png

I have two GTX 980s and it's dropping to the 70s when playing Zombies :/

i7-4930K at 4.4GHz as well. SLI on or off, it doesn't seem to affect the framerate. Any ideas? I do already have the latest drivers.

Detox

I have a question, the game says I'm running at 60-61fps with vsync on but it doesn't look or feel like 60 at all. It feels very sluggish and low fps. Anybody has an explanation for this?
I think you have to set your max fps slighlty below your refresh rate, so 59fps.

Nabs

I was doing the whole 55-58fps thing, but I'm now finding that 90fps works a little better for me. I hope they can figure out the mouse issue. I went back to Blops 2 and it's night and day.

samn

could it be input lag? go to nvidia control panel, set prerendered frames to 1

ZOONAMI

A game that has dynamic resolution and constant framerate dips on PS4 should have been a PS4 exclusive.

Playing it at 1440p 60FPS here, mate. Try harder.

And here I thought all the shit posting was in the "Don't buy Blops 3 on PC" thread.

Alright guys I apologize for the ps4 post. I enjoy pc gaming, and my rig could probably run this game at 4k (according to nvidia). Just kind of seems like a PS4 title with the marketing deal, and it seems to run well on ps4. I got it on ps4, but I'm glad the game is running well for a lot of you on pc. I meant no offense.

Lulubop

Alright guys I apologize for the ps4 post. I enjoy pc gaming, and my rig could probably run this game at 4k (according to nvidia). Just kind of seems like a PS4 title with the marketing deal, and it seems to run well on ps4. I got it on ps4, but I'm glad the game is running well for a lot of you on pc. I meant no offense.

The campaign for this game has sever frame drops on PS4.

Does anyone else have it where when you first boot up the game that it severely messes with your mic like on Skype or something?

I just turned off vsync completely and I'm running with the game capped at 60. It's not really smooth and there's a bit of tearing, but it's far more enjoyable without the input lag.

Issue I'm having now, though, is that with the game on fullscreen everything seems so washed out, even with the brightness turned all the way down and the gamma mode set to HDTV. If I set it to Windowed or Borderless the game looks a LOT better, but I get significantly more input lag. Very odd.

No. Havent seen that.

Yeah, what happens is, since I have a Blue Yeti and a 5.1 speaker system, basically when on call with Skype, when I start the game, the mic gets extra sensitive and then echoes for the other people on the call. Then when it's actually in the menus, it gets really quiet and very hard to hear. It did it with the beta too and it's the only game I know of that does it.

I just turned off vsync completely and I'm running with the game capped at 60. It's not really smooth and there's a bit of tearing, but it's far more enjoyable without the input lag.

I have the same issue with CSGO. I have to turn off VSYNC to make the game have no input lag.

Yeah, what happens is, since I have a Blue Yeti and a 5.1 speaker system, basically when on call with Skype, when I start the game, the mic gets extra sensitive and then echoes for the other people on the call. Then when it's actually in the menus, it gets really quiet and very hard to hear. It did it with the beta too and it's the only game I know of that does it.

I have the same issue with CSGO. I have to turn off VSYNC to make the game have no input lag.

Yeah, vsync is a normal culprit for some amount of input lag. However, not usually to the degree that it was happening in black ops. The odd part for me is that I have vsync off, but I'm capped at 60 and experiencing very little lag, which flies in the face of what people are saying are the causes of the input lag issue, and that it's independent of vsync.

Hi everyone, I've published my Graphics & Performance Guide: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-graphics-and-performance-guide

Could have gone out at launch, but wanted to re-test stuff after seeing the issues people were having. Ultimately, all results were in line with the pre-release tests, and didn't experience any of the noted issues, which seems to be in-line with what I'm seeing online. For some everything works AOK, for others there are issues galore.

Awesome. Will you be releasing a guide for FO4 too?

Buburibon

My game is unplayable. It simply just crashes way too much. This fucking sucks.

Any overclocks/unstable factory overclocks at all? Try and reset everything to stock clocks if you haven't done so already. My dad had to knock down his G1 980ti factory OC by ~50mhz to stop constant crashes in BLOPS 3.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Any overclocks/unstable factory overclocks at all? Try and reset everything to stock clocks if you haven't done so already. My dad had to knock down his G1 980ti factory OC by ~50mhz to stop constant crashes in BLOPS 3.

I will try this. My OCs have all been really stable. My Video card is barely OCed and my CPU has had the same clock for years.

Kezen

Banned
1080p means 1920x1080 and nothing else.

1080pr. :p

Apparently it's not exclusive to the Xbone anymore. :)

Progressing through the campaign and performance is extremely solid and another tangible benefit is that the res does not drop ;).

How do you do multi screen split screen?

Setup Nvidia Surround. Start the game and set the split screen to vertical if I remember correctly. It will put each player on their own monitors. Have my wife on the 70 and my niece on the 27 inch monitor downstairs.

My rig is an

AMD FX8350 Not OC Watercooled
MSI R290x
16gb of Ram

Ultra settings, VSYNC OFF. Max fps 120. It dips on MP when lots of player are on the same screen and when the match finishes. Low 50

Phinor

Yet another issue. Decided to continue my campaign. Well, it doesn't recognize my existing campaign anymore. Just tells me to create a new character and start from the beginning again. Thanks for that, I guess..

edit: Oh right, online campaign is different from offline campaign. Not that I have played online at all but because the game auto-logs into online, my singleplayer campaign is considered online campaign and I can't play it when servers are down. Well that explains, and makes it even worse.

i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz
GTX 980Ti
8GB 2133mhz RAM

While I had been thinking about getting more RAM for a while now, I in no way expected a COD title to be the first one to require it.
Fu** this.
This is absolutely unacceptable.

Doesn't matter whether I play it at 1080p, or 1440p, there's massive dips from 130fps down to the single digits. Like five times a minute.

Also it looks like dogshit, so thank god for Reshade.

knerl

For me advanced warfare runs twice as fast (120fps)pretty much maxed out. What does bo3 do visually that aw doesn't?

If you change "MaxFrameLatency" to 1 in the config, it seems to help input lag a bit. I'm playing with vsync on right now and it's very playable. A little bit of lag, but no more than what vsync usually gives me.

There might be an issue with MaxFrameLatency not being overridden by the nvidia settings, and just staying at 3.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So is this crap as good as it gets or will we see further performance-focused patches on PC?

Runs perfectly for me but it's pretty much guaranteed they're not going to abandon the game after one day.

CHC

Can't say for sure, but Treyarch has typically been the best of the COD studios for PC.

Runs perfectly for me but it's pretty much guaranteed they're not going to abandon the game after one day.

Wonderful. I'm going to hold off for a little bit. I'm close to solid 60, but I would prefer to wait and play it when the quality is where I want it to be.

There's nothing weird with this that would stop a Steam refund from going through back to the original payment method, right? Just wondering as might pick it up to test performance but will probably end up getting it elsewhere. :)

When I tried to resume campaign after closing it, it tried to start from the beginning, but when I went to Steam offline mode it fixed it. Were the servers down?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When I tried to resume campaign after closing it, it tried to start from the beginning, but when I went to offline mode it fixed it. Were the servers down?

Servers have been fucked for PC and PS4 this evening.

LQX

I get well over 60fps with texture quality on "Extra" yet the game still does not feel smooth with it that high. Good thing is I do not see a big difference if any with it on "High".

Able to max out everything at 1080p with even Filmic AA 2X on my 970 with a 3570K and 8GB of ram while always maintaining 60fps so I don't get out how some dudes with more powerful systems are having trouble. Starting to wonder if maybe a setting or two is false though set to high or extra.

Top Bottom