• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC performance thread

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
100% sure. I only have steam on this 1 machine (don't use mobile app). Didn't do anything different this time, to the previous times I have done it. Only difference is, I am now on Windows 10... whereas all my previous VPN unlocks were done on 7 and 8.1

I'm also on Win10. Strange.

So are people saying that GMG is doing the same as the grey market key sellers?

In some cases, yes.

Mifec

Just played the first two missions without any crashes due to memory leaks.

1440p

780ti
16gb ram
3570k @4.6ghz

had to turn off volumetric lighting to get 60fps, still dips to 54 or so sometimes.

kanuuna

Anyone with an ultrawide display got their hands on this yet? How does it look? I'm guessing the 21:9 support isn't there, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I'm not sure I want to put in that money before I see it fixed (either by the community or Treyarch).

NIN90

100% sure. I only have steam on this 1 machine (don't use mobile app). Didn't do anything different this time, to the previous times I have done it. Only difference is, I am now on Windows 10... whereas all my previous VPN unlocks were done on 7 and 8.1

What VPN client are you using? Over the past few years, some VPN clients simply stopped working for me when trying to unlock Steam games.

Nowadays I use the SoftEther client with the VPN Gate plugin and it works every time.

So I went ahead and Overclocked my 970. Turned up all settings to max in the game and it ended up running a little better.

Just on the menu tho it started freezing. Menu alone uses 3GB of Vram, game itself used 4GB . I was able to finish up the first mission and went ahead and quit. CPU is still maxed the whole time tho. SSD is barely getting touched.

RulkezX

Spent half the night fucking around with a VPN before realising AVAST was stopping it working. HAd logged out on my ipad , phone computer etc before that and no luck. It was just blind luck i tried disabling my virus software and it worked after that.

Performance wise I'm getting 60fps @1080p with everything on high apart from transparency and lighting , smaa 2x.

Game is pretty smooth apart from a weird low fps thing for the first 10 seconds of each round.

Edit 2500k @4.4Ghz / 7970GE 3GB / 8GB Ram

If what I'm reading in this thread is correct, a 970 will get you 1080p60, just not with everything set to Extra

I just got 1080p/60 on Extra with my OCd 970. I think once they patch whatever is going on maxing the game on a 970 shouldn't be too hard.

I take this back. I just restarted the first level and got some dips during the opening. Open areas seem to be more stable.

CHC

Guhhh I just bought the game.... Really wish I had some fucking impulse control over here.

Hope this is good!

Spent half the night fucking around with a VPN before realising AVAST was stopping it working. HAd logged out on my ipad , phone computer etc before that and no luck. It was just blind luck i tried disabling my virus software and it worked after that.

Performance wise I'm getting 60fps @1080p with everything on high apart from transparency and lighting , smaa 2x.

Game is pretty smooth apart from a weird low fps thing for the first 10 seconds of each round.

Avast has become pretty rough over the years in general.

bee

i'm on windows 7 and installed the steam update earlier, it finally finished preloading a short while ago, i connected to a new zealand vpn and now it's unpacking fine?

Hip Hop

What region should I connect my VPN to?

I've got like 1.5 hours left on my download.

Japan is good to go as well.

Anyway, for those that are stuttering,

the key to that sometimes has been limiting the Resolution Scale before 100%. I have mine set to 90%. The other part is limiting the frames to 60FPS.

This was said by the dev, and it looks like it is still true to the release.

But I am running on a GTX 670/ i5 3570k so maybe others could do higher.

NIN90

Japan is good to go as well.

Anyway, for those that are stuttering,

the key to that sometimes has been limiting the Resolution Scale before 100%. I have mine set to 90%. The other part is limiting the frames to 60FPS.

This was said by the dev, and it looks like it is still true to the release.

But I am running on a GTX 670/ i5 3570k so maybe others could do higher.

They still haven't fixed this issue from the beta? God why did I buy this game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
GMG is bullshit. I cant believe people got Nuketown packs form them after hopping on and buying the recent 39.99. My key didnt have it and i paid 45 for it weeks ago. GMG are doing shady shit. How the fuck to they get a mix of keys like that if they arent reselling shit from all over the place?

Hip Hop

They still haven't fixed this issue from the beta? God why did I buy this game.

It isn't as bad as beta, and the mouse floaty feel is definitely gone. That was the most annoying thing for me during the beta.

I also haven't updated the graphics drivers yet, so maybe that will help.

Ooo. What settings are you playing at?

I'll let you know once I install the new graphics drivers.

M2C3

Neo Member
I am going back and forth between the ASUS Hero and Z710-AR. Leaning towards the Hero.

I went back and forth between both choices as well. I went with the Deluxe because of the color scheme, extra silver radiator below the CPU and WiFi. The Hero will still be a great board but I preferred the Deluxe. You'll be happy with either!

Edit: Oops AR. Thought you meant Deluxe. Can't go wrong with ASUS really.

Hi everyone,
We are super excited to be rolling the game out and we are actively looking through the community feedback.

There have been reports of certain i5 CPUs having performance issues causing very low frame rates - We are still working on the final solution for this issue, but we have had reports that changing WorkerThreads = 4 to WorkerThreads = 2 in your config.ini file can help (In the game folder, commonly located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\players\config.ini).

We have also noticed that some systems may get better input response with FPS Cap set just below refresh rate. If you have a 60hz monitor, you can try enabling Vsync and setting your FPS Cap to 58.

-TA_PCProd
. In the OP?

drotahorror

The beta did that to me. Oddly enough I had a similar issue with Battlefront but it was much worse and would last for a minute on Hoth. Only a few seconds on the other map.

kris.

Banned
Wow, so I just got my key from GMG and I didn't expect it to be this big of a game. Gotta free up some space :/

M2C3

Neo Member
its nice to see that they are engaged and helping the community with tech issues already. hope they are quick for optimizations for everyone.

Yes agreed! Treyarch has an awesome PC dev team. They are all about being transparent. PCDev rocks!

RE4PRR

3440x1440p 21:9 Curved 60hz.

980ti - i7-5820k, 16gb RAM

Had everything maxed - SMAA X2 filmic, FOV 100 - still playing around with these settings as monitor and res is new to me.

60 fps but average 40-60. I did get dips into 30s during intensive moments, upto mission 4 atm.

Tested on SMAA x1 filmic and overclocked my 980ti by 100mhz from stock, stuck mostly to 60fps but still dips, can't tell any difference with AA so I will try without any AA after work if I can notice any jaggies.

Kudos to Treyarch, best looking COD by far and it might even top my list of best looking FPS games ever, you even have a body in first person now! Massive improvements to the engine unless they've gone with a new one.

smisk

Gave into the hype and got it off CDKeys for $37 (great price IMO). Hopefully my 970 and 8 gigs of RAM can handle it.

RulkezX

So after messing around some more with the settings I am comfortable that my rig is fine with mostly high/medium.

Whatever is causing the low FPS in the first 10-15 seconds of a map is also 100% my HDD, once the HDD load drops my FPS goes back up

Tovarisc

Played few rounds of MP, here some performance / resource usage impressions.

Rig
  • i5 6600K @ 4,5GHz
  • 16GB DDR5
  • 980Ti - Nvidias BO3 drivers
In-game settings
Bg8ZZYT.jpg
muQwL8S.jpg
Game maintains 60 FPS through MP matches, some fluctuations from ~57 to ~64 with these settings.

Resource use
  • 100% CPU
  • 4.7GB of RAM
  • 4.6GB of VRAM

TheRed

Gave into the hype and got it off CDKeys for $37 (great price IMO). Hopefully my 970 and 8 gigs of RAM can handle it.

I'm exactly the same. I'm sure I will enjoy the campaign and other modes. Just hope the online is up to snuff on PC this time because I really enjoyed Advanced Warfare then when I went online it was a laggy mess.

OrangeOak

3440x1440p 21:9 Curved 60hz.

980ti - i7-5820k, 16gb RAM

Had everything maxed - SMAA X2 filmic, FOV 100 - still playing around with these settings as monitor and res is new to me.

60 fps but average 40-60. I did get dips into 30s during intensive moments, upto mission 4 atm.

Tested on SMAA x1 filmic and overclocked my 980ti by 100mhz from stock, stuck mostly to 60fps but still dips, can't tell any difference with AA so I will try without any AA after work if I can notice any jaggies.

Kudos to Treyarch, best looking COD by far and it might even top my list of best looking FPS games ever, you even have a body in first person now! Massive improvements to the engine unless they've gone with a new one.

Is it looking that much better than AW? I think AW looked amazing on PC.

Top Bottom